No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Yesterday was Tebow's 2nd INT of the year -- in nearly 200 attempts.

He's lost 3 fumbles in 94 carries this season. He's averaging 5.4 yards per carry in his career so far over a span of 137 rushes, and he's lost 3 fumbles total in that span.

Again, I'm not a Tebow fan by any means -- but you can't argue with those numbers (even if you want to go beyond the wins vs. the losses). Is he the sole reason for the Broncos' win streak? Of course not. But that's also the beauty of it.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30330

Quote Originally Posted by TheAntFather View Post
    Tebow finds a way to win. It doesn't matter if it's by skill or luck. He's a winner.
    I think that is the dumbest argument.

10 points in regulation, and because his defense plays great and they get two 50+ yard field goals Tebow is good just because they won?

What happens if Prater missed that 59 yard field goal at the end of the game, does Tebow suck because they lost?

Wins and losses hardly tells a story. This isn't Tennis.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Yesterday was Tebow's 2nd INT of the year -- in nearly 200 attempts.

He's lost 3 fumbles in 94 carries this season. He's averaging 5.4 yards per carry in his career so far over a span of 137 rushes, and he's lost 3 fumbles total in that span.

Again, I'm not a Tebow fan by any means -- but you can't argue with those numbers (even if you want to go beyond the wins vs. the losses). Is he the sole reason for the Broncos' win streak? Of course not. But that's also the beauty of it.
    How many points did they score? It really isn't that effective what they are doing out there.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

All that matters at the end of the day is Wins and Losses.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

90% of the 'hate' is rooted in Tim's personal religious beliefs - we all know this

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by letsgo View Post
    How many points did they score? It really isn't that effective what they are doing out there.
    The point is that Tebow doesn't lose games for them by trying to be something he isn't, then when they need him to help deliver a win, he does just that.

How many NFL QB's can claim his 4th-quarter numbers and low turnover percentages? That's part of how he contributes to wins. Matt Stafford threw for 400 yards at New Orleans and the Lions got blown out last week. The bottom line is that Denver is winning with Tebow at QB. That much is indisputable, no matter how "ugly" his traditional statistics (overall completions and yards) are to some.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    All that matters at the end of the day is Wins and Losses.
    That must be why Vince Young is a hot commodity.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO

The point is that Tebow doesn't lose games for them by trying to be something he isn't, then when they need him to help deliver a win, he does just that.

How many NFL QB's can claim his 4th-quarter numbers and low turnover percentages? That's part of how he contributes to wins. Matt Stafford threw for 400 yards at New Orleans and the Lions got blown out last week. The bottom line is that Denver is winning with Tebow at QB. That much is indisputable, no matter how "ugly" his traditional statistics (overall completions and yards) are to some.
    He has been great in the 4th Quarter, but he has had to be in order for them to win due to being so horrible the other quarters.

Maybe he will put it together for a whole game, but eventually Prater is going to miss a clutch kick or the defense isn't going to get the big stop.

Think about what they have needed in order to win:

SD Game - SD's backup kicker misses game winning Field goal. Prater hits game winning field goal.
    Bears Game - Barber runs out of bounce. Prater hits 59 yard field goal. Barber fumbles in field goal range. Prater hits 50+ yard field goal.

If you think stuff like that will continue to happen, then I would bet them to win the SB.

Sam Odom

He has been great in the 4th Quarter, but he has had to be in order for them to win due to being so horrible the other quarters.

Maybe he will put it together for a whole game...

If he does and the Denver's D plays well they can beat the Pats I honestly believe this

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    If he does and the Denver's D plays well they can beat the Pats I honestly believe this
    I agree, if he plays like he did in the 4th quarter they can beat anyone, but he hasn't done it yet and I don't think he will be able to.

t-wizzle

That must be why Vince Young is a hot commodity.
    Vince Young has nothing to do with this topic.

Sam Odom

letsgo , I do not mean Tebow has to play all four qts statically as well as his 4th qt heroics. He just need to put up better numbers in 1-3 qts

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO

Vince Young has nothing to do with this topic.
    You said that all that matter is winning and losing. Why does that only apply to Tebow? Vince Young is a proven winner, if that is so important than what happened with him?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

If you think stuff like that will continue to happen, then I would bet them to win the SB.
    Where did I say that? Denver won't beat the Pats, and they're not going to do much in the postseason.

Tebow is no savior. I just wish people would quit hating on the guy week after week after week after week. Just makes them look dumber and dumber.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

he isn't the long term answer. they should trade for bradford, he was better at the combine and he is right handed. i like the way his ball looks when he throws it, i get excited about the spiral.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Tebow is good just because they won?

Denver Broncos at 4:34
    CHIDEN
    1st and 10 at DEN 37(Shotgun) T.Tebow pass short right to L.Ball to DEN 43 for 6 yards (T.Jennings).
    2nd and 4 at DEN 43(Shotgun) T.Tebow pass short right to L.Ball to CHI 47 for 10 yards (L.Briggs).
    1st and 10 at CHI 47(Shotgun) T.Tebow pass short middle to J.Johnson to CHI 39 for 8 yards (B.Urlacher).
    2nd and 2 at CHI 39(Shotgun) T.Tebow pass short left to J.Johnson pushed ob at CHI 36 for 3 yards (C.Tillman).
    1st and 10 at CHI 36(Shotgun) T.Tebow pass deep middle to M.Willis to CHI 17 for 19 yards (L.Briggs).
    1st and 10 at CHI 17(Shotgun) T.Tebow pass short middle to D.Thomas to CHI 10 for 7 yards (D.Moore).
    2nd and 3 at CHI 10(Shotgun) T.Tebow pass short right to D.Thomas for 10 yards, TOUCHDOWN.106
    M.Prater extra point is GOOD, Center-L.Paxton, Holder-B.Colquitt.107

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    he isn't the long term answer. they should trade for bradford, he was better at the combine and he is right handed. i like the way his ball looks when he throws it, i get excited about the spiral.
    That's exactly what I'm saying, and sadly, that's how most people think. Because Tebow is unorthodox and doesn't throw a perfect ball and doesn't put up big fantasy stats, he's somehow a fraud, fluke, flash in the pan, etc.

There are so many bad QB's out there who get recycled through the league, but hey, at least they have the look of a traditional drop-back NFL signal caller.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO

7 points with 4 minutes left in the game, wow, what an offensive output.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post

Denver Broncos at 4:34

CHIDEN
    1st and 10 at DEN 37(Shotgun) T.Tebow pass short right to L.Ball to DEN 43 for 6 yards (T.Jennings).
    2nd and 4 at DEN 43(Shotgun) T.Tebow pass short right to L.Ball to CHI 47 for 10 yards (L.Briggs).
    1st and 10 at CHI 47(Shotgun) T.Tebow pass short middle to J.Johnson to CHI 39 for 8 yards (B.Urlacher).
    2nd and 2 at CHI 39(Shotgun) T.Tebow pass short left to J.Johnson pushed ob at CHI 36 for 3 yards (C.Tillman).
    1st and 10 at CHI 36(Shotgun) T.Tebow pass deep middle to M.Willis to CHI 17 for 19 yards (L.Briggs).
    1st and 10 at CHI 17(Shotgun) T.Tebow pass short middle to D.Thomas to CHI 10 for 7 yards (D.Moore).
    2nd and 3 at CHI 10(Shotgun) T.Tebow pass short right to D.Thomas for 10 yards, TOUCHDOWN.106
    M.Prater extra point is GOOD, Center-L.Paxton, Holder-B.Colquitt.107
    It's called clutch my friend

t-wizzle

You said that all that matter is winning and losing. Why does that only apply to Tebow? Vince Young is a proven winner, if that is so important than what happened with him?
    Vince Young won at the college level. Are you done yet?

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO

Tyler Palko is clutch, he put up 7 points in the 1st half IN CHICAGO!

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO

Vince Young won at the college level. Are you done yet?
    He was 31-17 in the NFL coming into this season. That is a pretty damn good W/L record. Are you done not understanding yet?

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

People are not giving enough credit to his defense either.

In 5 of those wins the defense held MIA, KC, SD, NYJ, CHI to 15 points or less.

Not trying to take anything away from tebow but the defense really has stood up and kept it close enough for a field goal to win.

stevenash

Tyler Palko is clutch, he put up 7 points in the 1st half IN CHICAGO!
    Down 10 with under 5 minutes to go?

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO

It's called clutch my friend
    So he had to lead a late 4th quarter drive because he couldn't manage to score 7 points in the first 3 and a half quarters?

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO

Down 10 with under 5 minutes to go?
    No, he scored early, so his team didn't have to play from behind and hope for the other team to make a mistake like run the ball out of bounds or fumble in field goal range.

He also didn't want to rely on a 59 yard field goal just to tie the game.

stevenash

No, he scored early, so his team didn't have to play from behind and hope for the other team to make a mistake like run the ball out of bounds or fumble in field goal range.

He also didn't want to rely on a 59 yard field goal just tie the game.
    Did Tebow put his team in a position to tie the game?

Just stop, you are embarassing yourself!

Tebow has been a winner on every level.

Heisman's, National Championships, you name it.

Tebow is a winner, I'd rather win ugly, than lose pretty.

I'm out Philly boy.

Speaking of Philly

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO

Did Tebow put his team in a position to tie the game?

Just stop, you are embarassing yourself!

Tebow is a winner, I'd rather win ugly, than lose pretty.

I'm out Philly boy.

Speaking of Philly

LOL, you are going to make fun of the Phillies, while you have a Phoenix Suns player as your picture. LOL, talk about a joke of a franchise.

Tebow hasn't won anything yet, talk to me come playoff time.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

No need in getting sassy with other posters.

Be respectful or you will be reported to the internet authority.

The SBR police are watching.

Sam Odom

1st round draft choice and a 7-1 record since taking over as a starter in the NFL

i cannot understand why it is soooooo hard for some people to admit the obvious, Tebow is a winner, PERIOD

wonder what letsgo resume looks like ?

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    100% wrong
    Care to back that up?

Love The Action

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    90% of the 'hate' is rooted in Tim's personal religious beliefs - we all know this
    No one has said they hate Tebow. The debate is whether he will be a successful starter long term. This has nothing to do with religion.

Love The Action

Its only been seven games!

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post

This has nothing to do with religion.

you're a fool

Love The Action

Maybe he will put it together for a whole game, but eventually Prater is going to miss a clutch kick or the defense isn't going to get the big stop.

Think about what they have needed in order to win:

SD Game - SD's backup kicker misses game winning Field goal. Prater hits game winning field goal.
    Bears Game - Barber runs out of bounce. Prater hits 59 yard field goal. Barber fumbles in field goal range. Prater hits 50+ yard field goal.

Exactly, his poor play throughout the first 3 quarters will eventually catch up to him. The broncos cannot continue to win like this. Its statistically impossible.

First 12345 ... Last