brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by isotopes View Post
    Watch a typical NBA mid season game and there is literally no defense, no players try till the 4th quater, and the crowd isn't rowdy. NBA isn't good till you get to the playoffs when the players actually try. Hell don't alot of teams in the NBA pick up players just for the playoffs and have them rest the whole year? (shaquille o'neil).

bullsht I'm sorry, that's absolute bullsht

all these people who jump on the "NBA Players don't try, NBA players don't play defense" bandwagon are morons. Have you watched a Celtics game in the last 3 years?? Did you watch a bulls game last year?? Did you watch a Heat game last year??

the NBA is better than college in every way - much more exciting gamepace/gameflow, 500000 times higher quality of talent and a regular season that actually matters

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Some people are educated enough to be able to make money off of it.

Others do not understand sports or betting in general so they ask questions like you did.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post

Of course the big factor, is race. A lot of white people like watching college ball because they are still white people. Its the truth, because the quality is no where near the quality of the nba. It is not like college f'ball, where it sometimes can be more exciting because of the style of play.

thank god somebody said it

it's all about race - white people are scared of the hip hop culture of the NBA, but they love the safe image of college BB

as a basketball purist, it's night and day the quality of play in the NBA and College BB

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1668

The crowds are awful, nothing compared to college.

Go to a Miami Heat game then go to Duke.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by cant call it View Post
    Some people are educated enough to be able to make money off of it. Others do not understand sports or betting in general so they ask questions like you did.

will you shut the fukk up already retard??

I already conceded it's a great sport to bet on - but any sport is great when you have money on it

I can watch a regular season bulls - heat game and be very entertained without putting money on it - I wanted to gauge my eyes out when I watched the first half of that national championship game last year in College BB

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post

Heat fans are homos though, so that doesn't surprise me

Go to a celtics or bulls game and the atmosphere there is pretty awesome. In either case, I'll sacrifice a little atmosphere for 50 times higher quality of play

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    thank god somebody said it

it's all about race - white people are scared of the hip hop culture of the NBA, but they love the safe image of college BB

as a basketball purist, it's night and day the quality of play in the NBA and College BB

You are not a basketball purist. Any basketball purist can appreciate college ball, especially the coaching. The NBA is amazing from a pure talent standpoint, but it is the same type of basketball over and over. Go down the court have some guy post up or run a pick and roll or run an iso set. Not much off ball movement, not much screening across the lane, not many backdoor cuts, very little full court press.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell77 View Post
    Not much off ball movement, not much screening across the lane, not many backdoor cuts

You ever watch the bulls, spurs, mavs or celtics play??

then you would realize what you're saying is complete nonsense

Inkwell77

Also, most people under 30 don't give a fuk about race. I love the NBA, but I love college as well. Most guys who like basketball would say the same thing or something close to it. There are differences between the two levels and most people can appreciate those differences. I love hip hop and the culture.

Inkwell77

You ever watch the bulls, spurs, mavs or celtics play??

then you would realize what you're saying is complete nonsense
    You named the 4 teams who are most known for this. Have you watched the Lakers, Magic, Knicks, Nets, or Wizards play?

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

will you shut the fukk up already retard?? I already conceded it's a great sport to bet on - but any sport is great when you have money on it I can watch a regular season bulls - heat game and be very entertained without putting money on it - I wanted to gouge my eyes out when I watched the first half of that national championship game last year in College BB
    I wish you would have. Next time grow some fukkin balls and do it already. Everyone is just waiting for you to off yourself. Living in your shoes must be very depressing. You live for attention from internet characters don't you?
    Tell me again how the dimensions of your face are perfect and how you researched it to find out.
    And shave you fukkin eyebrows already.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

March madness is a great sporting event....only behind nfl for me.....and it's easier to bet during the season then football..especially pro

Powderguy
    Powderguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

college is where it's at, alot more meaningful games every week, big matchups, NBA regular season gets stale

testertips
    testertips's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

what's there not to like if you like to bet sports? so many games you get a lot of off #s.

testertips

nba betting is garbage compared to ncaab

Pick'nParlays
    My Wifi Name is PrettyFly4aWifi
    Pick'nParlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 738

I feel like College kids play there heart out. No ego not about the money. Nba is a bunch of crying babies. Brahma your just missing the action man

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134511

probably because each half is only about 1 hour thus lots of opportunity for action gl

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Pick'nParlays View Post
    I feel like College kids play there heart out. No ego not about the money. Nba is a bunch of crying babies. Brahma your just missing the action man

if NBA players don't care, why was Chris Bosh crying his eyes out after losing in the NBA finals??

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
    =]. This is like evolutionist saying christians are stupid
    they are. if you want to believe in faith sure, i don't have a problem with that. but don't get upset when someone calls you unintelligent can't have it both ways.

testertips

if NBA players don't care, why was Chris Bosh crying his eyes out after losing in the NBA finals??
    because dinosaurs are emo

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

It's a moneymaker pal

it's all about the numbers

and we can beat them to the numbers

deadstare
    deadstare's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2053

Just for money. Could care less about ncaa sports.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26581

u keep bringing up the same 4 teams there are 30 teams in the nba so what about the other 26 teams????

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

how can you say you love betting soft lines, and then in the same sentence say you hate college basketball

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

except that NBA regular season does matter - remember when the lakers won a championship against the celtics because they had homefield advantage in game 7 due to having a better record in the regular season?? Do you really think the lakers would have won game 7 in boston?? No chance in hell
    #1 seeds go to the final four more than any other seed

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post

is this the same duke that couldn't even fill up the student section the last few years even though it's free?

average attendance miami heat around 20,000/game - OVER 100% CAPACITY LAST YEAR WITH 810,930
    duke attendance 9314/game

yes there are the cameron crazies right next to the court, but 80% of the duke attendance is old white people in sweaters like any college game.

"The arena seats 9,314 people and 1,200 tickets are reserved for students, who stand in bleachers along the sides of the court. The university has about 6,200 undergraduate students who can attend games for free.
    Last year, some Duke games drew as few as 900 students, Bazzani said."

jeffdane
    jeffdane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

bullsht I'm sorry, that's absolute bullsht

all these people who jump on the "NBA Players don't try, NBA players don't play defense" bandwagon are morons. Have you watched a Celtics game in the last 3 years?? Did you watch a bulls game last year?? Did you watch a Heat game last year??

the NBA is better than college in every way - much more exciting gamepace/gameflow, 500000 times higher quality of talent and a regular season that actually matters

more talent in the NBA. i would so, what a stupid comment.

they kept calling him bosh spice and he started to cry. seriously, have you seen bosh, hes a damn pansy.

parity in sports is entertaining. i know you like the big favorites always winning, but parity is dramatic, and dramatic events are fun to watch.

Bobby D
    Bobby D's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's easy to handicapp

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

So far I have been able to watch college teams play games. The over paid NBA players are still squabbling over their multimillion dollar contracts and are probably going to end up killing the whole season.

I prefer college over pros in every sport though. I just like the whole atmosphere of college games better.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by beerman2619 View Post
    Ratings have dropped at all time lows for the NBA. After this lockout i think PBA Bowling will get better ratings then the NBA. I actually have liked the college game over NBA for the last 10 years or so.
    You would be wrong there. Ratings for this past playoff year and the one before have been at all time highs for the NBA......

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    1) in college football the biggest difference is that college basketball is a more team oriented game than the pros pro is a lot of 1 on 1 basketball. so it depends on who you ask but myself personally i prefer to watch a college basketball game anyday over a pro game (as long as its not the knicks) now lets see your response now that i have countered every comment you have made
    I think that if you've watched the NBA over the years, you would have seen that 1 on 1 basketball does not work in the NBA playoffs. You can't get away with it. You don't win with 1 on 1 basketball. Never.

Quote Originally Posted by WichitaStateFan View Post
    College basketball is great. NBA is nonsense. You don't get full effort every game. Period.
    How many games per year are there in college basketball? How many games are there per year in the NBA? Thanks.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

goat last minute tie ball game its an iso play or a clear out i can give you plenty of examples of that

college baskets they run set plays for the last shot not give it to lebron kobe dirk for the last shot

Goat Milk

The biggest difference is NBA is a man's game. Playoffs come around and you play 7 game series with adjustments. I don't remember guys that win championships taking plays off as many of you say. Dirk did not take 1 fukin play off in every 7 game series this playoffs. And trust me, its a ton more wear on your legs and body playing multiple 7 game series in the NBA after a grueling 82 game series.

95% of college players are not cut out for this. Which is why there are so fewer games in college bball. Which explains why you think they may "try harder." Guys in NBA need to save their energy for when it matters.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    goat last minute tie ball game its an iso play or a clear out i can give you plenty of examples of that

and what's wrong with that??

Kobe bryant trying to score last second with somebody like Shane Battier draped all over him defensively is thrilling basketball

why the fukk would I want to see Kobe bryant pass the ball to some benchwarmer for the last shot?? I love seeing the best players in the world 1 on 1

Goat Milk

Of course, you are right, you have to play 1 on 1 in that scenario because better offense wins in that case mostly every time. There's is certainly a lot of iso plays during the game as well, but it's been clear that its impossible to win championships in NBA this way, while a guy like Carmello came into college and did whatever he wanted every play and won championship easily

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    The biggest difference is NBA is a man's game. Playoffs come around and you play 7 game series with adjustments. I don't remember guys that win championships taking plays off as many of you say. Dirk did not take 1 fukin play off in every 7 game series this playoffs. And trust me, its a ton more wear on your legs and body playing multiple 7 game series in the NBA after a grueling 82 game series.

95% of college players are not cut out for this. Which is why there are so fewer games in college bball. Which explains why you think they may "try harder." Guys in NBA need to save their energy for when it matters.
    playoffs you are right they dont take plays off but you cant tell me for 10-15 games a season where stars are just going through the motions

First 1234 Last