iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    That 53-41 national championship game was the absolute worst display of basketball I've ever seen no seriously, that was just a disgrace. I have never seen so much offensive incompetence by 2 teams that are supposed to be the best in a certain sport ever
    but the Lakers getting absolutely pissed pumped b2b games by 30 or so + is good basketball.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by iceminers26 View Post
    but the Lakers getting absolutely pissed pumped b2b games by 30 or so + is good basketball.

that was one game - 3 of the 4 games in that series were pretty entertaining (and 2 of the 4 were fantastic games)

the national championship game last year as well as 1 of the 2 final 4 games in college were just an abomination and completely unwatchable

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

With so many games to choose from each day,it is rather easy to pick out the obvious plays....................

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26593

alright ice you got me i should have not said never

brahma check into kentucky coming back from 31 down in the 2nd half against lsu. last year nc came back against miami from 19 down with 10 minutes left in the game. duke miracle minute do your hw on youtube you
    Last edited by allabout the $$$; 11-16-11 at 01:15 AM.

VTranX
    VTranX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 314

Lots of games to gamble with weeeeee

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26593

iceminers26

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    alright ice you got me i should have not said never brahma check into kentucky coming back from 31 down in the 2nd half against lsu last year nc came back against miami from 19 down with 10 minutes left in the game duke miracle minute do your hw on youtube you
    lol I was just happening to watch that McGrady clip earlier today, just stumbled acrossed it while looking at hoops clips

It doesn't matter which one you prefer, I like college better but if you like pro better, that's your thing.... every one likes their own type of game

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by VTranX View Post
    Lots of games to gamble with weeeeee

for betting purposes, it's awesome no doubt

for people like myself who enjoy watching a high level of basketball play, it's unwatchable

jeffdane
    jeffdane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

what an idiot.

did you just start watching sports last year brah?

no pace? all slow pace? no good players? no comebacks?

what an idiot.

10-20 point leads are blown every night, by many teams.

football teams dont milk the clock? is that something they are starting this week?

what an idiot.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: cant call it

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Funny i don't see that high level of basketball play during many NBA games thru out the season. The ratings for the NBA speak for themselves. Good god i remember watching some of the Spurs final games then i thought to myself more fun to watch paint dry.

iceminers26

this got me pumped up for the season, came acrossed this today... good video

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

not really a huge fan of college ball. 40 second shot clock. 20 min halfs.
    it just slows the game down so much, and most of the time teams are so inefficient when it matters most. I would rather watch NBA ball any time.

Of course the big factor, is race. A lot of white people like watching college ball because they are still white people. Its the truth, because the quality is no where near the quality of the nba. It is not like college f'ball, where it sometimes can be more exciting because of the style of play.

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Everyone has there preference. This is like evolutionist saying christians are stupid

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

boring fukking sport. Reasons why I hate college basketball

1)Terrible Talent Level - over the last 20 years or so, all the young players defecting to the NBA has detroyed the quality of the college game

2)Slow fukkin pace - I love college football, because even if the talent level is nowhere near the quality of the NFL, I can watch Oregon play some team like USC and enjoy it because there's probably gonna be 900 yards of offense and about 85 points scored by a bunch of guys who all run a 4.3 40. College basketball is unbearable to watch for me at times because of the shot clock - teams get a lead late in the 2nd half and just sit on the ball which totally destroys the flow of an otherwise exciting game

3)All the teams play a similar style - I love college football because of the variety of play styles (spread, pro style, triple option, pistol, etc...) - in college basketball, everybody plays a similar style which I can watch superior pros play in the NBA

and I don't want to hear that sht about NBA players being selfish primadonnas and that there's no defense in the NBA - several of the most prominent teams in basketball last year played great defense (Bulls, Heat, Mavs, Celtics) and several of the most prominent teams features great unselfish team play (bulls, mavs, celtics, spurs etc...).

In every way imagineable, I'm basically saying that NBA>>>>>>>>>>College basketball
    College hoops is garbage now, so boring compared to NBA

No characters..just robots

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5224

except that NBA regular season does matter - remember when the lakers won a championship against the celtics because they had homefield advantage in game 7 due to having a better record in the regular season?? Do you really think the lakers would have won game 7 in boston?? No chance in hell
    good point but seeding matters in college also.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

except that NBA regular season does matter - remember when the lakers won a championship against the celtics because they had homefield advantage in game 7 due to having a better record in the regular season?? Do you really think the lakers would have won game 7 in boston?? No chance in hell
    How'd home court work for the Heat? Regular season in the NBA is a grinding boor. College season is short enough that your interest should stick around and you don't have to see nine thousand pick 'n roll sets as the only basis for offense.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

How much did you lose harvey?

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1668

I used to be a big NBA guy 10-15 years ago. Now I might watch if it's game 7 of the NBA finals. Same shit over and over again with the same teams. No upsets, long pointless season. Bunch of thugs who already go paid and don't care.

NCAA has everything, you say all the teams play the same style? How stupid is that...You should go watch Penn play and then watch the typical run and gun top team. Once you get to the conference tourneys and march madness, Hard to beat CBB.
    The last couple years the level might have been lower but when Florida was winning championships and Illinois/NC played in the NC. That was better than anything NBA.

I really don't give a shit about Kobe and Lebron, etc. Rather see JIMMMER try and do something with his scrub team in the tourney/season.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffdane View Post
    what an idiot. did you just start watching sports last year brah? no pace? all slow pace? no good players? no comebacks? what an idiot. 10-20 point leads are blown every night, by many teams. football teams dont milk the clock? is that something they are starting this week? what an idiot.

brah is an idiot, don't waste your time even responding to the clown.

Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brahma do you like white or black men ?

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!

Brah have you figured out why people do not like you?

Ever discover why women won't touch you or your junk?

Tired of having your mother as your only friend?

135steward
    135steward's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 565

huh?

I can appreciate a 20 - 16 type game with great defense the same way I appreciate a colts patriots game with a 31-28 final score

More likely 120-6 Pats this year. How about that Green Bay game?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Brahamabull what are you top 5 favorite sports to watch on tv? Do you watch WWE or WWF Wrestling?

For me to watch it is
    1. MLB
    2. NFL
    3.NCAA Football
    4. NCAA Basketball
    5. World Cup Soccer

To bet on it is
    1. NCAA Fooball
    2. NCAA Basketball
    3. World Cup Soccer
    4. NFL
    5. MLB

NCAA basketball is a really easy sport cap especially before conference and ncaa tournaments. The home team almost always wins in NCAA hoops. ML Parlays on Saturdays in College basketball is easy money. Most of the time the home teams covers in college b-ball. It's so easy, for whatever reason college kids can't perform on the road. There are also some great spots to take big ML underdogs at home that cash against the big name schools.

135steward

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    I used to be a big NBA guy 10-15 years ago. Now I might watch if it's game 7 of the NBA finals. Same shit over and over again with the same teams. No upsets, long pointless season.
    I have to disagree about no upsets. I won big last year betting the Cavs and Wizards v. Lakers, for example. 9 times out of 10 Lakers win. Then the Wizards go off at 20-to 1 and I'd win big. The guys on the other side of the bet (like you) assume no upsets and drive up the odds.

135steward

I agree with brahma about the shot clock. But CBB has some good games. How about Ky.- Ks. last night?

appleman
    appleman's Avatar Become A Pro!

the reason people like them is that college players try hard to win and show off for the pro scouts unlike the gretty bastards of the nba crying that is not enough money i want another million

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

NCAA basketball is unwatchable at times. It really isn't a sport to get into unless you have money on it....that being said, with the amount of games played and the right capping....your can double or triple your bankroll in a matter of months.

Last year I bet on UConn to win every time since their conference semi-final tournament game and rode them throughout the NCAA championship game and made a $1300 profit.

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

Cliffs: Pros are better than amateurs...

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

The problems, I have with CBB are:

1) Poor and inconsistent standards - as has been mentioned more talent has been drained.
    2) Very poor officiating.
    3) Games often become foulfests with a full 7 or 8 minutes left on the clock. This is very much linked to 1) because these guys miss close to 40% of free throws.

As has also been said however, the NBA regular season has too many games and far too many meaningless games. All in all, it could be said that outside the late stages of the play-offs and March Madness - basketball sucks.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Make money off of it enough said. I wish they moved to a 25 second shot clock, 35 seconds is too long.

isotopes
    isotopes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

I don't know how anyone could say that the NBA is better than college bball unless your a degenerate that is watching aweful teams play at like 11 PM on some obscure channel. Watch a big time big east game mid season in college bball and the kids play their hearts out from the moment of tip off and it is high energy, same with other major conference games.

Watch a typical NBA mid season game and there is literally no defense, no players try till the 4th quater, and the crowd isn't rowdy. NBA isn't good till you get to the playoffs when the players actually try. Hell don't alot of teams in the NBA pick up players just for the playoffs and have them rest the whole year? (shaquille o'neil).

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1668

Quote Originally Posted by 135steward View Post
    I have to disagree about no upsets. I won big last year betting the Cavs and Wizards v. Lakers, for example. 9 times out of 10 Lakers win. Then the Wizards go off at 20-to 1 and I'd win big. The guys on the other side of the bet (like you) assume no upsets and drive up the odds.
    I meant series upsets in the playoffs.

The regular season is meaningless so of course there are upsets all the time.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

if you have a large enough bet on it, any game in any sport is exciting.

shit i'll watch 2 dudes i never heard of play tennis if i have money on it.

King Midas
    King Midas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Volume of games

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

College ball has energy, NBA rarely does.
    Kids going balls out. Much better in person. The energy is hard to convey through tv

First 1234 Last