brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Why Do People Like College Basketball So Much???

boring fukking sport. Reasons why I hate college basketball

1)Terrible Talent Level - over the last 20 years or so, all the young players defecting to the NBA has detroyed the quality of the college game

2)Slow fukkin pace - I love college football, because even if the talent level is nowhere near the quality of the NFL, I can watch Oregon play some team like USC and enjoy it because there's probably gonna be 900 yards of offense and about 85 points scored by a bunch of guys who all run a 4.3 40. College basketball is unbearable to watch for me at times because of the shot clock - teams get a lead late in the 2nd half and just sit on the ball which totally destroys the flow of an otherwise exciting game

3)All the teams play a similar style - I love college football because of the variety of play styles (spread, pro style, triple option, pistol, etc...) - in college basketball, everybody plays a similar style which I can watch superior pros play in the NBA

and I don't want to hear that sht about NBA players being selfish primadonnas and that there's no defense in the NBA - several of the most prominent teams in basketball last year played great defense (Bulls, Heat, Mavs, Celtics) and several of the most prominent teams features great unselfish team play (bulls, mavs, celtics, spurs etc...).

In every way imagineable, I'm basically saying that NBA>>>>>>>>>>College basketball

BeardedTaco
    BeardedTaco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

march madness tho

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10545

agree, i dont really care until january

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

bunch of degens thats why

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like it because it makes me mucho dinero.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 312

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I'm 4-0 so far in college hoops. I am not really a huge basketball fan but I feel like it is the 2nd easiest sport to profit off of other than College Football.

So much parity in all pro sports

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Wonder what gets better ratings March Madness or the NBA playoffs? Think we all know the answer. Ratings have dropped at all time lows for the NBA. After this lockout i think PBA Bowling will get better ratings then the NBA. I actually have liked the college game over NBA for the last 10 years or so.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

It's alright for now, but after football ends, I really start to get into it every day......Conference games/ conference tournaments/ march madness is great......Tons of exciting games. I like the fact that there are a ton of outright upsets very possible every night......

NBA is cool too, but is a completely different game to me.....

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by beerman2619 View Post
    Wonder what gets better ratings March Madness or the NBA playoffs? Think we all know the answer. Ratings have dropped at all time lows for the NBA. After this lockout i think PBA Bowling will get better ratings then the NBA. I actually have liked the college game over NBA for the last 10 years or so.

march madness is ok but this is the only sport out there where the regular season is a complete exhibition

nobody gives a fck about what happens during the regular season of college BB because you know every team with any sort of a name is gonna make the tourney (and don't tell me about the importance of seeding; after watching all the big dogs recently make it deep into the tourney, it really doesn't matter what your seed is anymore)
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Glitch

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sounds like the NBA. Nobody gives a fukk about the regular season ... or the season period.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Sounds like the NBA. Nobody gives a fukk about the regular season ... or the season period.

except that NBA regular season does matter - remember when the lakers won a championship against the celtics because they had homefield advantage in game 7 due to having a better record in the regular season?? Do you really think the lakers would have won game 7 in boston?? No chance in hell

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26581

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post

1)Terrible Talent Level - over the last 20 years or so, all the young players defecting to the NBA has detroyed the quality of the college game

2)Slow fukkin pace - I love college football, because even if the talent level is nowhere near the quality of the NFL, I can watch Oregon play some team like USC and enjoy it because there's probably gonna be 900 yards of offense and about 85 points scored by a bunch of guys who all run a 4.3 40. College basketball is unbearable to watch for me at times because of the shot clock - teams get a lead late in the 2nd half and just sit on the ball which totally destroys the flow of an otherwise exciting game

3)All the teams play a similar style - I love college football because of the variety of play styles (spread, pro style, triple option, pistol, etc...) - in college basketball, everybody plays a similar style which I can watch superior pros play in the NBA

and I don't want to hear that sht about NBA players being selfish primadonnas and that there's no defense in the NBA - several of the most prominent teams in basketball last year played great defense (Bulls, Heat, Mavs, Celtics) and several of the most prominent teams features great unselfish team play (bulls, mavs, celtics, spurs etc...).

In every way imagineable, I'm basically saying that NBA>>>>>>>>>>College basketball
    1) terrible talent level?????? look at the top teams in the country memphis, kansas, kentucky, uconn just to name a few yes some guys leave after 1 year but those are the exceptions. nba has what 60 draft picks and how many of them make a team?

2)slow pace? yes some teams do but others also play faced paced games full court press, half court trapping defense, run and gun basketball im sure you dont remember the 40 minutes of hell arkansas razorbacks from the early 90's those teams were far from boring. college football teams dont run the play clock down with a lead and slow the game down???? just like they do in basketball

3) teams play different styles of basketball full court press, half court press, 1-3-1 zone, 2-3 zone, 3-2 zone, trapping defense all over the court, box and 1, man to man, princeton offense just off the top of my head. seems to me like there are just as many defenses and offenses as in college football

the biggest difference is that college basketball is a more team oriented game than the pros pro is a lot of 1 on 1 basketball. so it depends on who you ask but myself personally i prefer to watch a college basketball game anyday over a pro game (as long as its not the knicks)

now lets see your response now that i have countered every comment you have made

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

except that NBA regular season does matter - remember when the lakers won a championship against the celtics because they had homefield advantage in game 7 due to having a better record in the regular season?? Do you really think the lakers would have won game 7 in boston?? No chance in hell
    If the refs wanted them to win then they would have. The NBA is full of overpaid thugs who play when they feel like it and take the rest of the game off. Nobody tries until the playoffs and even then the refs will call bullshit fouls to make sure the higher profile teams don't lose to teams that nobody wants to watch. I'd rather watch the WWE. At least in college they are still kids who want to win and play cuz they love the game.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 19th Hole

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can't believe you said MM is ok

fk if you're not pumped up for day 1 of the tourney, you may not have a pulse.... greatest tourney ever year in year out

WichitaStateFan
    WichitaStateFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

You seem like the type of guy that watched a 2-1 baseball game and thinks it is boring. A true fan of baseball appreciates solid pitching and defense and loves the pitcher's duels.

You seem like the type of guy that would rather watch a 69-62 game from the Big 12 in football than a Big 10 or SEC game that is like 21-14 with some great defense. Real fans appreciate the defense.

College basketball is great. NBA is nonsense. You don't get full effort every game. Period.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    1) terrible talent level?????? look at the top teams in the country memphis, kansas, kentucky, uconn just to name a few yes some guys leave after 1 year but those are the exceptions. nba has what 60 draft picks and how many of them make a team?

if you don't think that the quality of play in CBB has gone significantly downhill due to the NBA draft scavenging all the young talent in the league, then I dunno what the hell to tell you.

A recent article I read online summarized it perfectly

* Since Kevin Garnett decided in 1995 to skip college, the sport has been drained of its best players. Basically, College Basketball is now a giant under-22 game where 80 percent of the best under-22 players are playing in the Pros. And yet we still care? Why is that? Why do we care about who wins a battle of also-rans? It’s like caring about who wins the Oscar for best actor in a year when Day-Lewis, Clooney, Depp, Penn, Deniro, Decaprio, Nicholson, Hanks and ten others aren’t eligible. I’m sorry, I just can’t get around the fact that the sport is short on piranha and long on tadpoles. Quiet everyone …..the Academy for best actor goes to Robin Williams ….. for Old Dogs.

2)slow pace? yes some teams do but others also play faced paced games full court press, half court trapping defense, run and gun basketball im sure you dont remember the 40 minutes of hell arkansas razorbacks from the early 90's those teams were far from boring. college football teams dont run the play clock down with a lead and slow the game down???? just like they do in basketball
    are you fukkin kidding me here??

the national championship game last year was 53-41 (less points than Kansas St - Oklahoma St a few weeks ago). How in the world can you tell me that's entertaining basketball??

and no I don't want to hear that's a result of good defense - the bulls and the heat had some of the best defense in the world last year and played several games where the score was like 99-96. A great game featuring the lakers and celtics with excellent defense on both sides usually generates a 103-99 type score

3) teams play different styles of basketball full court press, half court press, 1-3-1 zone, 2-3 zone, 3-2 zone, trapping defense all over the court, box and 1, man to man, princeton offense just off the top of my head. seems to me like there are just as many defenses and offenses as in college football the biggest difference is that college basketball is a more team oriented game than the pros pro is a lot of 1 on 1 basketball. so it depends on who you ask but myself personally i prefer to watch a college basketball game anyday over a pro game (as long as its not the knicks) now lets see your response now that i have countered every comment you have made

it's just not that big of a difference to me

I see zone being played in the NBA all the time - how often do you see Tom Brady run the triple option??

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

trying to get into it. i am not winning at all. sometimes i get mad at the students for being dumb, you cant blame them for sucking at basketball i guess, since they do it for free. it is hard to win. i might quit.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    If the refs wanted them to win then they would have. The NBA is full of overpaid thugs who play when they feel like it and take the rest of the game off. Nobody tries until the playoffs and even then the refs will call bullshit fouls to make sure the higher profile teams don't lose to teams that nobody wants to watch. I'd rather watch the WWE. At least in college they are still kids who want to win and play cuz they love the game.

what a bunch of nonsense here

watch any Celtics, Spurs, Mavericks or Bulls game and you will see unselfish great players playing a very fundamentally sound game with excellent passing, defense, teamwork, etc...

Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

March Madness is so overrated. Don't give a damn about it. Maybe because I'm not American.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by WichitaStateFan View Post
    You seem like the type of guy that watched a 2-1 baseball game and thinks it is boring. A true fan of baseball appreciates solid pitching and defense and loves the pitcher's duels.

You seem like the type of guy that would rather watch a 69-62 game from the Big 12 in football than a Big 10 or SEC game that is like 21-14 with some great defense. Real fans appreciate the defense.

College basketball is great. NBA is nonsense. You don't get full effort every game. Period.

you got it all wrong

I can appreciate a 20 - 16 type game with great defense the same way I appreciate a colts patriots game with a 31-28 final score

my problem with the college game is it's low scoring because of a ridiculous 35 second shot clock (why the fck do you need 35 seconds anyways?? You need maybe 5 seconds to bring the ball up, 10 seconds to run a play and then a few seconds to position yourself for a good shoot). The 35 second shotclock destroys the flow of games, makes comebacks impossible and just turns a very exciting sprint into a boring marathon

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

you really dont know how to appreciate things there are plenty of entertaining pro games that have had less than 90 points scored. they play zone in the nba but its not like the college game completely different.you use 1 nc championship game as your example lets go through the whole tournament and see how many 65-75 point games there are plenty dont forget college is only 40 min compared to 48 in the nba take out those 8 minutes and most of these pro teams would be scoring the same amount of points. (maybe a few more) and as far as the talent level look at the duke kids they stay for three or 4 years same for nc (harrison barnes as my example) yes the nba has hurt the college talent but its really not as great as your think. there are very few guys who leave after 1 year and make it most of these kids should stay in college for another year or 2 but dont and are never heard from again in the nba they might go overseas but they cant cut it in the nba

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

what a bunch of nonsense here

watch any Celtics, Spurs, Mavericks or Bulls game and you will see unselfish great players playing a very fundamentally sound game with excellent passing, defense, teamwork, etc...
    now out of the four teams that you have mentioned how many of them have one and done college players on them????

brahmabull117

now out of the four teams that you have mentioned how many of them have one and done college players on them????

D Rose, Garnett, Tyson Chandler??? (guys who were 1 and done or didn't play college at all)

San Antonio doesn't count because nearly all their good players are foreign

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1768

The only thing good about it is March Madness.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

D Rose, Garnett, Tyson Chandler??? (guys who were 1 and done or didn't play college at all)

San Antonio doesn't count because nearly all their good players are foreign
    3 guys out of four teams what does that tell you and dont back peddle with san ant doesnt count they have some americans on the team thats 60 players total 15 for each team and you found 3

brahmabull117

you really dont know how to appreciate things there are plenty of entertaining pro games that have had less than 90 points scored. they play zone in the nba but its not like the college game completely different.you use 1 nc championship game as your example lets go through the whole tournament and see how many 65-75 point games there are plenty dont forget college is only 40 min compared to 48 in the nba take out those 8 minutes and most of these pro teams would be scoring the same amount of points. (maybe a few more) and as far as the talent level look at the duke kids they stay for three or 4 years same for nc (harrison barnes as my example) yes the nba has hurt the college talent but its really not as great as your think. there are very few guys who leave after 1 year and make it most of these kids should stay in college for another year or 2 but dont and are never heard from again in the nba they might go overseas but they cant cut it in the nba

Here's my problem with why I hate college bb but enjoy college FB

1)both sports have good rivalries, intense passion and atmosphere but difference in talent is immense. People talk about the 1 and out rule but that's a recent thing - for so many years, all the best young players just went straight to the NBA and didn't even bother with college (which just totally destroyed the quality of the college game). I'm glad they finally installed the rule that players have to stay in college for 1 year but it's still not enough. They need to force players to stay in college at least for 3 years like in CFB and that will improve the level of play in the college game

2)The CFB game realizes that they can't match the skill and talent level of the pro game, so what do they do??? They open it up, they install rules to favor the offenses and they just aim for a more entertaining all around game overall. The College BB game with the slower pace and the longer shotclock just emphasizes the difference in quality of play between college and NBA basketball. Not only is it less offence but you kill the possibility of any sort of a huge comeback. Do you remember that huge comeback that Dallas made in the NBA finals against Miami?? that would be impossible in the CBB game because Miami could just sit on the ball and severely limit Dallas' possessions

3)Regular season is completely worthless - seriously, no other sport has a regular season that means less than CBB.You don't even have to be a decent team nowadays to make the tourney

iceminers26

You guys that don't like NCAAB are nuts IMO, I would watch it any day of the week over the NBA. Just watch a game next time @ The Spectrum and tell me that is not one of the greatest atmospheres, if not the greatest in all of sports. And don't get me started on postseason, the tourney is far better than the NBA Playoffs.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by iceminers26 View Post
    You guys that don't like NCAAB are nuts IMO, I would watch it any day of the week over the NBA. Just watch a game next time @ The Spectrum and tell me that is not one of the greatest atmospheres, if not the greatest in all of sports. And don't get me started on postseason, the tourney is far better than the NBA Playoffs.

if you enjoyed watching that 53-41 debacle of a national title game over the thrilling 6 game series with Dallas beating Miami in the NBA, then you have no idea what exciting basketball is

and I'm not even a guy who has any sort of a bias in this subject - I like College FB and pro FB just the same. With college BB, I want to like it (I really do it) but it's a boring sport played by vastly inferior athletes

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

why are there so many more upsets in college basketball than cfb? last year miami came back against virginia or v.t(not 100% sure of the teams). i believe with 10 points in the last 18 seconds when does that happen in the nba? ive seen duke come back from 10 down with 50 seconds in the game against maryland. this doesnt happen at all in the nba.

dont have to be a decent team to make the tourny there are 342 division 1 basketball teams cmon brah get it together there are more upsets in the conference and ncaa tournament every year compared to the nba 1 every 2 or 3 years if even

iceminers26

if you enjoyed watching that 53-41 debacle of a national title game over the thrilling 6 game series with Dallas beating Miami in the NBA, then you have no idea what exciting basketball is and I'm not even a guy who has any sort of a bias in this subject - I like College FB and pro FB just the same. With college BB, I want to like it (I really do it) but it's a boring sport played by vastly inferior athletes
    lol almost every game in that finals series was a fkn blowout, the s16, e8, and F4 games were for the most part, all back and forth battles and great entertainment... Butler/Florida game I believe in the e8 comes to mind off the top of my head, what a game..... so yeah I will pick ncaab over nba, like I said any day of the week.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

at at least a team has a shot to win the cbb championship where as in cfb only 2 teams have a shot every year. EVERYONE MAKES a bowl game so talk about a meaningless regular season

iceminers26

why are there so many more upsets in college basketball than cfb? last year miami came back against virginia or v.t(not 100% sure of the teams). i believe with 10 points in the last 18 seconds when does that happen in the nba? ive seen duke come back from 10 down with 50 seconds in the game against maryland. this doesnt happen at all in the nba. dont have to be a decent team to make the tourny there are 342 division 1 basketball teams cmon brah get it together there are more upsets in the conference and ncaa tournament every year compared to the nba 1 every 2 or 3 years if even

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by iceminers26 View Post
    lol almost every game in that finals series was a fkn blowout, the s16, e8, and F4 games were for the most part, all back and forth battles and great entertainment... Butler/Florida game I believe in the e8 comes to mind off the top of my head, what a game..... so yeah I will pick ncaab over nba, like I said any day of the week.

That 53-41 national championship game was the absolute worst display of basketball I've ever seen

no seriously, that was just a disgrace. I have never seen so much offensive incompetence by 2 teams that are supposed to be the best in a certain sport ever

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

march madness is pretty awesome. i love how there are so many upsets because it's just one game to move to next level. but man, sometimes these kids go eight minutes without making a basket, it's kind of boring.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    march madness is pretty awesome. i love how there are so many upsets because it's just one game to move to next level. but man, sometimes these kids go eight minutes without making a basket, it's kind of boring.

it's not boring, it's completely unwatchable

Kentucky vs Uconn last year was almost as awful as that championship game with Butler and Uconn

1234 Last