brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Of course, you are right, you have to play 1 on 1 in that scenario because better offense wins in that case mostly every time. There's is certainly a lot of iso plays during the game as well, but it's been clear that its impossible to win championships in NBA this way, while a guy like Carmello came into college and did whatever he wanted every play and won championship easily

the other problem with College BB is the damn 3 point line

for god's sake, move that line back to the NBA range. You cheapen the 3 pointer and allow many times to base their entire style of gameplay around the 3 point shot

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26593

Of course, you are right, you have to play 1 on 1 in that scenario because better offense wins in that case mostly every time. There's is certainly a lot of iso plays during the game as well, but it's been clear that its impossible to win championships in NBA this way, while a guy like Carmello came into college and did whatever he wanted every play and won championship easily
    yes but there are more upsets because of the different systems in cbb i enjoy the full court press the back door cuts which you rarely ever get that in an nba game

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    yes but there are more upsets because of the different systems in cbb i enjoy the full court press the back door cuts which you rarely ever get that in an nba game
    True because that stuff doesn't work at the NBA level for the most part. Guys are way taller, stronger, faster, arms are longer, they cut off those lanes. The window of opportunity to make that pass decreases dramatically.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

True because that stuff doesn't work at the NBA level for the most part. Guys are way taller, stronger, faster, arms are longer, they cut off those lanes. The window of opportunity to make that pass decreases dramatically.
    ok why does it work in college then? how many times have you seen those princeton teams competing against all these top teams in the country with all of these first round picks on them and keeping those games close? most of these kids will be in the pros for 7-10 years on these top tier teams and yet these slow smart kids compete their asses off with them

Goat Milk

ok why does it work in college then? how many times have you seen those princeton teams competing against all these top teams in the country with all of these first round picks on them and keeping those games close? most of these kids will be in the pros for 7-10 years on these top tier teams and yet these slow smart kids compete their asses off with them
    The majority of those first rounders aside from the studs are benched their first years in the NBA. They quickly find out how different the game is. The reason why it works in college is exactly why I said. Kids are shorter, smaller, slower, the game is much less physical. There is no comparison

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

but y does it work in college against those first round draft picks is what im questioning obviously the nba is a much different size and talent level but in college these systems give these kids a chance to beat a team with a lot of nba level talent on it

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

@Brah

I like college basketball and I think it offers its own, unique value. Anytime you have college kids playing their hearts out, without being paid millions of dollars, there's something pure and respectable about that. It's how the game is supposed to be played. There are a few things that I would like to see college basketball change up, namely I would like them to adopt the 24 sec. shot clock....35 sec. is way too long and promotes a slower tempo style game. College basketball also allows lesser schools the opportunity to compete on the main stage, whereas the expenses associated with running a college football program aren't doable for many schools.

Goat Milk

but y does it work in college against those first round draft picks is what im questioning obviously the nba is a much different size and talent level but in college these systems give these kids a chance to beat a team with a lot of nba level talent on it
    The same reason why the option rarely works in the NFL yet college teams use it every day, every down

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

30 sec shot clock would be doable wont go to 24 because of the nba. the longer clock gives the lesser teams a chance to still compete

135steward
    135steward's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 565

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    thank god somebody said it

it's all about race - white people are scared of the hip hop culture of the NBA, but they love the safe image of college BB

as a basketball purist, it's night and day the quality of play in the NBA and College BB
    You're kidding, right? No one's really that retarded and paranoid to really believe that, are you?

rosinet
    rosinet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 912

some like pizza ,,some dont like ,, some like blond . some like brune ,, its about human nature ,, no need to undrestand ... its his choice,, that it ... just respect ...

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

I've probably already commented in this thread...

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

One of the only sports left that quantifies value through the numbers it creates to a given spread. For about 60% of the year it is a viable means. Skip the first 5 and the last 5 games. Conference tourneys can be profitable if selective. The dance is too fast, can't keep up with the moves on open or close.

Fukkin love me some college ball. Still a sport where squares can drive a line.

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

OP got buried betting college basketball thats why he is hating

no oneis forcing you to watch the fukking game so turn the channel

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

zeater what kinda tail you pullin pal

zatere any pics to post huehye?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

b/c in college there are still white players...

in the nba white people can't relate to the players.

The reason i'm a duke fan is bc they always have white dudes

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

boring til the end of the season

chunk
    chunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19150

Faster game...the "A" guys love it. Anyone that think it's boring is clueless.

First 1234