KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

This thread has the most ignorance I have possibly ever seen...

People, educate yourself about the FACTS, quit speculating and assuming your OPINIONS formed solely by headlines and hearsay about what happened are correct. Read the Grand Jury transcript, look at the timelines, and now that Paterno has been dismissed, refocus on the people who have much more culpability in this situation than Paterno:

• The Athletic Director and the VP of Business Affairs who tried to sweep the situation under the rug, both of which are being charged with perjury for lying to the Grand Jury
    • The President of the University, who was also fired last night, and had the ultimate duty to report the incident to law enforcement
    • The Grad Assistant (STILL an assistant coach) who ACTUALLY WITNESSED a crime and didn't report it to law enforcement which is required by law
    • The Centre County DA, who investigated reports 3 years earlier than the "Paterno incident" and failed to bring charges against Sandusky after investigations by State College Police Department and the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare
    • Two sets of parents of victims, who made reports of abuse 2 years prior to the "Paterno incident" in which criminal charges were never filed, for not pushing the situation by going to the press and/or bringing a civil suit against Sandusky and the University which would have blown this situation open long before any more abuse occurred

There is not one single shred of evidence from any source that shows Paterno had any knowledge before or after the ONE incident he was TOLD about (didn't witness) in 2002 which he then reported. Sandusky had retired from the Penn State coaching staff in 1999.

Paterno committed no crime, has been consistent all along with his version of what he knew which was corroborated by everyone involved and found credible by the grand jury. Statements that what happened is his fault and that he participated in a cover up are complete and utter bullsh1t!

He was fired, and rightfully so, for not doing more than he did, which he certainly should have, but don't kid yourself, the Penn State Board of Trustees did not fire him out of some almighty moral conscience, IT WAS A BUSINESS DECISION made in order to try and restore faith in their brand, cleanse the public perception of the program, and an attempt to move forward while knowing that as long as he was coach, the ignorant public would focus their attention on PATERNO instead of the SCUMBAG who COMMITTED these atrocious crimes...by the way HIS name is JERRY SANDUSKY.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 4 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SlickRick1382, SBR Lou, Inkwell77, and mstone897

mstone897
    mstone897's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick1382 View Post
    That's why no one even mentions Sandusky or the fact that McQueary still has his position within PSU, which I alluded to many time before and even created a thread concerning. They condemn Joe for his morals and for not going to the police with the information yet give the man who actually witnessed those horrific acts a free pass from the same moral standards.
    No one is mentioning them in this thread bc this thread is about the PSU student rioting over the firing of JoePa. No one is giving Sandusky or McQueary free passes. You are an idiot for thinking anyone is. People are in this thread discussing whether or not the firing of JoePa was fair and whether or not the students had any good reasoning to riot and protest the decision. Sandusky should be stoned right to the verge of death and then hanged for what he did. McQueary is the main culprit here for not speaking up and I think it's safe to say anyone that knows anything about the case can agree with that. That is not the point of this thread though. You started your thread about McQueary so you can talk about him there. This thread is about the firing of JoePa and the PSU's student's reaction.

SlickRick1382
    If hustlin' is a must; be Sosa, not Tony
    SlickRick1382's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11517

Quote Originally Posted by mstone897 View Post
    No one is mentioning them in this thread bc this thread is about the PSU student rioting over the firing of JoePa. No one is giving Sandusky or McQueary free passes. You are an idiot for thinking anyone is.
    The fact that you can go out of your way to call someone an idiot who never attacked you is beyond me. The fact that you can't use simple logic in knowing that McQueary, Sandusky and anyone else prevalent to this investigation ties in directly to this thread and any other thread even if it doesn't' start off about them, is all beyond me.

This thread was titled with regards to the PSU students rioting but has obviously evolved into much more than that. People are discussing other topics with regards to the PSU situation last I checked. Now if you go back and read through the comments please tell me how many are not about the students rioting.

Of those comments not concerning the students rioting, how many are about Paterno and about how he was wrong for what he did, how he "knew" what transpired, etc.? How many of those ever mention McQueary and Sandusky? If you respond in saying that it's only because people are discussing whether or not Joe should of been fired in the 1st place well then Sandusky and McQueary factor into the discussion. They are not some isolated incident that doesn't directly affect the firing of Paterno and subsequent events. It all ties in. It's all pertinent and it can all be discussed in this thread and you wouldn't be off topic.

By the way, how many threads or posts in this entire board, not just this thread, go out of their way to attack McQueary for his part in this incident? How many of those go out of their way to attack Paterno?

McQueary is the main culprit here for not speaking up and I think it's safe to say anyone that knows anything about the case can agree with that. That is not the point of this thread though. You started your thread about McQueary so you can talk about him there. This thread is about the firing of JoePa and the PSU's student's reaction.
    Interesting enough there are no comments in that thread. Seems no one wants to talk about that but everyone loves to talk about how much of a scumbag Paterno is... Just further proves my point.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

No one is mentioning them in this thread bc this thread is about the PSU student rioting over the firing of JoePa. No one is giving Sandusky or McQueary free passes. You are an idiot for thinking anyone is. People are in this thread discussing whether or not the firing of JoePa was fair and whether or not the students had any good reasoning to riot and protest the decision. Sandusky should be stoned right to the verge of death and then hanged for what he did. McQueary is the main culprit here for not speaking up and I think it's safe to say anyone that knows anything about the case can agree with that. That is not the point of this thread though. You started your thread about McQueary so you can talk about him there. This thread is about the firing of JoePa and the PSU's student's reaction.
    well-said. i love how the same guys keep posting the same garbage - Paterno is great, Paterno didn't know, Paterno is the least to blame, Paterno would've never knowingly allowed such a thing, Paterno donated a library, Paterno's urine cures cancer, Paterno taught Jesus how to be compassionate - as if there is a finite amount of blame and scorn to go around.

let me try to boil it down for you rubes: a serial child molester used a charity and the PSU football facilities to systematically sexually abuse children for the better part of two decades. he is possibly the worst person alive on the planet, a living Ted Bundy or John Wayne Gacy, no doubt. he will get his in court and prison, assuming he doesn't off himself first. ALL OTHER PEOPLE WHO CONTRIBUTED TO THIS ONGOING 15-YEAR ATROCITY should also be punished and held up to public ridicule, including but not limited to McQueary, Paterno, the AD and anyone else at PSU or the charity who helped to cover it up or simply stuck their heads in the sand when they should've done more. how dumb do you have to be to respond to a comment saying that Paterno should've done more (something Paterno himself admitted) by saying "what about McQueary?" or "what about Sandusky?" or "what about the AD?"? Paterno handled his firing with a lot more class than most of the people posting about it, no shock there.

what do i think Paterno's punishment should be? it's not really for me to say, but his firing seemed just to me. i don't "want" to see him further punished. i didn't really "want" to see him fired, but it seemed just and that's really for the trustees - the stewards of the school, despite what a bunch of moronic rioting students might think - to decide. i am sad that Paterno, a great coach and, until this week, someone who i thought was a great man, will have his career end this way, but to portray him as a victim when dozens of kids had their lives ruined is the height of stupidity.
    Last edited by BiffTFinancial; 11-10-11 at 03:16 PM.
    Points Awarded:

bb_skoots gave BiffTFinancial 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

BiffTFinancial

The fact that you can go out of your way to call someone an idiot who never attacked you is beyond me. The fact that you can't use simple logic in knowing that McQueary, Sandusky and anyone else prevalent to this investigation ties in directly to this thread and any other thread even if it doesn't' start off about them, is all beyond me. This thread was titled with regards to the PSU students rioting but has obviously evolved into much more than that. People are discussing other topics with regards to the PSU situation last I checked. Now if you go back and read through the comments please tell me how many are not about the students rioting. Of those comments not concerning the students rioting, how many are about Paterno and about how he was wrong for what he did, how he "knew" what transpired, etc.? How many of those ever mention McQueary and Sandusky? If you respond in saying that it's only because people are discussing whether or not Joe should of been fired in the 1st place well then Sandusky and McQueary factor into the discussion. They are not some isolated incident that doesn't directly affect the firing of Paterno and subsequent events. It all ties in. It's all pertinent and it can all be discussed in this thread and you wouldn't be off topic. By the way, how many threads or posts in this entire board, not just this thread, go out of their way to attack McQueary for his part in this incident? How many of those go out of their way to attack Paterno? Interesting enough there are no comments in that thread. Seems no one wants to talk about that but everyone loves to talk about how much of a scumbag Paterno is... Just further proves my point.
    (a) the thread is about PSU students rioting
    (b) PSU students were rioting to protest the firing of Paterno
    (c) why do you take the discussion of one man's failings to excuse the failings of another? that's incredibly obtuse and illogical.
    (d) if you want to start threads to discuss Sandusky, McQueary, the AD, whatever you want, there's a button at the top left that enables you to do so.
    (e) it's too bad that SBR go rid of the signature function at the bottom of posts, then everyone could include an acknowledgement, in every post, that although they are posting about one person's failings in the PSU situation, that is not to excuse those of the others.
    (f) i've yet to see you post anything that proves any of your points, but enjoy kidding yourself.

SlickRick1382

(f) Prove which points? What do I need to prove that's not already in the grand jury report?

I would think it's the baseless assumptions and accusations that need to be proven. Guess I live in a different society ...

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Alot of redneck attitudes in this forum. I wonder if they'd have the same attitude if it was their child being raped at the time...

BiffTFinancial

Proves which points? What do I need to prove that's not already in the grand jury report? I would think it's the baseless assumptions and accusations that need to be proven. Guess I live in a different society ...
    you posted this drivel with respect to your McQueary thread: "Interesting enough there are no comments in that thread. Seems no one wants to talk about that but everyone loves to talk about how much of a scumbag Paterno is... Just further proves my point."

we don't live in different societies - there are different levels of intelligence in the same society. i didn't ask you to prove any point. i'm just noting you patting yourself on the back for nothing with yet another logical nonsequitor.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SlickRick1382, and SportsMushroom

alling
    alling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Simple. Same thing thats wrong with JoPa and anyone involved in this disgusting cover-up. Penn State only cares about winning football games and protecting the brand.

What kind of odds PSU will be no more?

SlickRick1382

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    you posted this drivel with respect to your McQueary thread: "Interesting enough there are no comments in that thread. Seems no one wants to talk about that but everyone loves to talk about how much of a scumbag Paterno is... Just further proves my point." we don't live in different societies - there are different levels of intelligence in the same society. i didn't ask you to prove any point. i'm just noting you patting yourself on the back for nothing with yet another logical nonsequitor.
    My original comment was in direct response to the poster who had posted right before that comment since he was alluding to the same things. Mstone then replies that they're not being brought up because the thread is not about them. I beg to differ. I'm simply pointing out that within all the posts about this PSU scandal through how many ever threads were created, the focus is almost entirely on Paterno and rarely, if ever, on the other parties involved. I'm saying that after reading and partaking in the majority of the discussions here. So explain to me how my premise and conclusion have such a disconnect that you would call my logic non sequitur. Or am I once again misinformed, relative to the meaning of "yet another logical non sequitur"

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by deadstare View Post
    Espn is a bs propoganda machine. They wanted paterno out and were paid off
    You believe in Black Helicopters don't you?

SlickRick1382

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    You believe in Black Helicopters don't you?
    Why does it have to be a black helicopter, damn !!!! [end sarcasm]

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

paterno how can you look your grandkids in the eyes?

BiffTFinancial

My original comment was in direct response to the poster who had posted right before that comment since he was alluding to the same things. Mstone then replies that they're not being brought up because the thread is not about them. I beg to differ. I'm simply pointing out that within all the posts about this PSU scandal through how many ever threads were created, the focus is almost entirely on Paterno and rarely, if ever, on the other parties involved. I'm saying that after reading and partaking in the majority of the discussions here. So explain to me how my premise and conclusion have such a disconnect that you would call my logic non sequitur. Or am I once again misinformed, relative to the meaning of "yet another logical non sequitur"
    my point is that the lack of discussion in your McQueary thread, taken in concert with the volume of discussion about Paterno in a thread about rioting over Paterno's firing, should not be used to infer that people are blaming Paterno "more" than McQueary nor that "everyone" is more focused upon Paterno and thereby giving McQueary a pass. first, Paterno was in a more morally ambiguous position than McQueary, a fact more likely to prompt a greater volume of discussion of the former than the latter. to put it another way, no one disagrees that McQueary screwed up far worse than Paterno (nor with the fact that Sandusky should receive more than everyone else in this situation put together - of course he does). i believe that your inference that people blame Paterno more then McQueary to be a logical nonsequitor, particularly in response to mstone's comment that said as much. second, discussion of blame-worthy party A should never be taken to excuse the conduct of blame-worthy parties B, C, D, et al (i believe such a conclusion also to be a logical nonsequitor). third, i think that you are applying much more of a group-think mentality to the various and sundry posters on SBR than is appropriate (not dissimilar to when someone attributes comments from some members of the media to the media at large). there's a lot of dumb shit posted on SBR, and i will not take responsibility for what others post. i simply don't agree that everyone wants to excuse McQueary and rather talk about what a scumbag Paterno is. if you go read everything that i've posted on the subject, i'm pretty sure that you won't find me calling Paterno any sort of name, and the worst that i've said is that he was willfully blind, should've done more, and, if the excuse for not knowing is his advanced age, then that's really an argument that losing his job was the right thing.

i don't hate Paterno. i hate what happened, and i hate the fact that he didn't do more to stop it and save kids (again, his own words betray that he probably feels the same way).

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Only reason they haven't fired McQueary is because once they do, he will talk. They are afraid he will spill the beans on his promotion and his knowledge of the cover-up. I think he wants to come clean and say he made a huge mistake (since his life is over in all likelihood), but in doing that, he will implicate numerous others within the university, including Joe Paterno.

mstone897

Quote Originally Posted by moses millsap View Post
    Only reason they haven't fired McQueary is because once they do, he will talk. They are afraid he will spill the beans on his promotion and his knowledge of the cover-up. I think he wants to come clean and say he made a huge mistake (since his life is over in all likelihood), but in doing that, he will implicate numerous others within the university, including Joe Paterno.
    This, I'm afraid, is dead on.

mstone897

They condemn Joe for his morals and for not going to the police with the information yet give the man who actually witnessed those horrific acts a free pass from the same moral standards.
    You saying that I, along with others in this thread are giving 2 disgusting men a free pass is offensive, even if you didn't directly insult me. That is why I called you an idiot. If you honestly believe that we are giving them free passes you are an idiot. Just because we are not bashing them doesn't mean we think they are right or JoePa is more at fault. If you want to argue that JoePa is getting more attention well obviously you are right but that is how the world works so get over it. Just because he is does not mean he is the lead culprit.

BiffTFinancial

agree - i too am afraid that this is dead on.

SlickRick1382

my point is that the lack of discussion in your McQueary thread, taken in concert with the volume of discussion about Paterno in a thread about rioting over Paterno's firing, should not be used to infer that people are blaming Paterno "more" than McQueary nor that "everyone" is more focused upon Paterno and thereby giving McQueary a pass.
    I'll concede to that. Giving McQueary a free pass was a poor choice of wording. So I'll concede I was wrong in stating that but that doesn't change my belief that people are more preoccupied with Paterno than with the other alleged responsible parties.

third, i think that you are applying much more of a group-think mentality to the various and sundry posters on SBR than is appropriate (not dissimilar to when someone attributes comments from some members of the media to the media at large). there's a lot of dumb shit posted on SBR, and i will not take responsibility for what others post.
    I don't think everyone thinks the same regarding the issue and shouldn't be categorized into the same group. I'm well aware that SBR has many members who are quite articulate and able to convey their ideas without resorting to some of the ignorance I've seen on the board recently. This goes back to the comment I believe you made where we nee to bring back the signatures on people's comments sort of as a disclaimer because i never meant to put everyone into the same group. Although it does get quite frustrating debating with some people who say some of the most ignorant things I've ever heard or read till this day.

i simply don't agree that everyone wants to excuse McQueary and rather talk about what a scumbag Paterno is. if you go read everything that i've posted on the subject, i'm pretty sure that you won't find me calling Paterno any sort of name, and the worst that i've said is that he was willfully blind, should've done more, and, if the excuse for not knowing is his advanced age, then that's really an argument that losing his job was the right thing.
    I've read your comments and I've never really attacked any of your comments because I actually agreed with some of your points and chose to disagree with others. Not sure where I ever attacked you in my comments and if I did, then I didn't mean to.

i don't hate Paterno. i hate what happened, and i hate the fact that he didn't do more to stop it and save kids (again, his own words betray that he probably feels the same way).
    If you go back and read some of my posts I also mention that I don't completely absolve Paterno of any wrongdoing. If more information were to come out that showed he knew more than what he lead on then I would certainly be the first to admit I was wrong and condemn him for his actions. Unfortunately I can't do that just yet with what we've been presented.

With regards to his own comment, I personally find it to be more a statement of remorse knowing what he knows now and not an admission of guilt as others have suggested. I'm sure he feels terrible deep down that these kids were molested in such a way and probably never imagined such an event was taking place. Regardless we know he also wishes he would of done more because it's not about him but about the kids.

Hopefully more information comes out about this so we can get a better understanding.

SlickRick1382

agree - i too am afraid that this is dead on.
    I've actually given this some thought recently and believe that's a highly likely scenario. I hope it's not true but you can never discount anything and in all likely-hood that's a possible scenario. Hence why I want to see more information come out and get to the bottom of it. Hopefully I wont have to eat my words about Paterno. I would hate to believe he knew a lot more than he lead on to know, but anything is possible.

SlickRick1382

You saying that I, along with others in this thread are giving 2 disgusting men a free pass is offensive, even if you didn't directly insult me. That is why I called you an idiot.
    I don't think anyone is giving Sandusky a free pass, that would just be plain dumb. Not sure if I said that or not but I retract that statement if I did. It was directed at people's views of McQueary or lack thereof.

Also if you don't personally agree than you can simply state that you hold McQueary as responsible as the others and that would be the end of that. I never called you out directly. Calling me an idiot is as uncalled for as the comments you say I made.

If you honestly believe that we are giving them free passes you are an idiot. Just because we are not bashing them doesn't mean we think they are right or JoePa is more at fault. If you want to argue that JoePa is getting more attention well obviously you are right but that is how the world works so get over it. Just because he is does not mean he is the lead culprit.
    No them, just him, as in McQueary. To suggest anyone would give Sandusky a pass is completely ridiculous. Also you say we as if you speak for the rest of the posters here on SBR. Strangely none of them other than you and now BiffTFinancial have ever responded to my McQueary comments despite making them numerous times. Just like the Board of Trustee's chose not to fire him. Some people are being unjustly targeted while others are being left alone, at least for the time being.

If you take issue with that then there isn't much I can do for you since those are my feeling on the situation and I'm entitled to my opinion. Even if it is wrong ...
    Last edited by SlickRick1382; 11-10-11 at 04:44 PM.

SportsMushroom

in paterno's defense, the 9 and 1 digits on his phone were missing so he couldnt call the police

BiffTFinancial

I'll concede to that. Giving McQueary a free pass was a poor choice of wording. So I'll concede I was wrong in stating that but that doesn't change my belief that people are more preoccupied with Paterno than with the other alleged responsible parties. I don't think everyone thinks the same regarding the issue and shouldn't be categorized into the same group. I'm well aware that SBR has many members who are quite articulate and able to convey their ideas without resorting to some of the ignorance I've seen on the board recently. This goes back to the comment I believe you made where we nee to bring back the signatures on people's comments sort of as a disclaimer because i never meant to put everyone into the same group. Although it does get quite frustrating debating with some people who say some of the most ignorant things I've ever heard or read till this day. I've read your comments and I've never really attacked any of your comments because I actually agreed with some of your points and chose to disagree with others. Not sure where I ever attacked you in my comments and if I did, then I didn't mean to. If you go back and read some of my posts I also mention that I don't completely absolve Paterno of any wrongdoing. If more information were to come out that showed he knew more than what he lead on then I would certainly be the first to admit I was wrong and condemn him for his actions. Unfortunately I can't do that just yet with what we've been presented. With regards to his own comment, I personally find it to be more a statement of remorse knowing what he knows now and not an admission of guilt as others have suggested. I'm sure he feels terrible deep down that these kids were molested in such a way and probably never imagined such an event was taking place. Regardless we know he also wishes he would of done more because it's not about him but about the kids. Hopefully more information comes out about this so we can get a better understanding.
    few things:
    1. appreciate your thoughtful response
    2. don't recall ever seeing you insulting or attacking me, so did not mean to imply that you did.
    3. i don't take his comments re: wishing he'd done more to be an admission of guilt. in fact, those comments and the class with which he handled his firing (asking students to remain calm, directing them to go home and study) have renewed my respect for Paterno somewhat. an attorney would've told him not to say some of these things, but Paterno reacted like a human being rather than someone trying to cover his own ass. i do believe that he is heartbroken over this, and not just because he lost his job.
    4. i think that the one area where we differ notably is that you want more facts before passing judgment, whereas i've passed judgment and will reserve the right to modify my conclusions as new facts come out (and it's not as if i'm saying incendiary things about the guy). perhaps i will come to view Paterno more charitably, but i doubt it since what i'm currently attributing to him is willful blindness with unspeakable consequences. i simply think that he failed as CEO of the football program in a horrific way. his own conscience, hopefully, is a far more harsh judge than i.

SportsMushroom

i simply think that he failed as CEO of the football program in a horrific way. his own conscience, hopefully, is a far more harsh judge than i.
    Im going to correct you there sir

he did not fail as a CEO

he failed as a human being

period

all people that suggest that what he did was enough have failed as human beings

SlickRick1382

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    Im going to correct you there sir
    all people that suggest that what he did was enough have failed as human beings
    Said the guy who responded to a debate by telling someone to go molest a child. Pot, meet kettle ..

BiffTFinancial

To suggest anyone would give Sandusky a pass is completely ridiculous. Also you say we as if you speak for the rest of the posters here on SBR. Strangely none of them other than you and now BiffTFinancial have ever responded to my McQueary comments despite making them numerous times. Just like the Board of Trustee's chose not to fire him. Some people are being unjustly targeted while others are being left alone, at least for the time being. If you take issue with that then there isn't much I can do for you since those are my feeling on the situation and I'm entitled to my opinion. Even if it is wrong ...
    the more that i think about it, the more that i think that McQueary remains on-staff until the Board's newly appointed committee can investigate and determine just what he knows and how badly he can hurt them if they cast him aside. if i were running this thing, or something similar at my company, that's what i'd do (how unthinkable, i hope i never have to be that close to something like this). from a risk-management perspective, other than Sandusky, McQueary is probably PSU's biggest potential liability right now, so they have to keep him close until they decide how to handle everything - bearing in mind that they've literally only been dealing with this gigantic situation for a few days. Paterno has now received his punishment, and would never do anything to hurt PSU intentionally (whether because you believe he's a good guy or because you think that it's because he'd ruin his own legacy even more). i think that, in the end, with federal investigators on the way and more victims coming forward, the Board simply could not let Paterno run out onto the field Saturday and receive a stand ovation, and that's why he had to go yesterday. McQueary's career is over, just not yet officially.

SlickRick1382

few things: 1. appreciate your thoughtful response 2. don't recall ever seeing you insulting or attacking me, so did not mean to imply that you did. 3. i don't take his comments re: wishing he'd done more to be an admission of guilt. in fact, those comments and the class with which he handled his firing (asking students to remain calm, directing them to go home and study) have renewed my respect for Paterno somewhat. an attorney would've told him not to say some of these things, but Paterno reacted like a human being rather than someone trying to cover his own ass. i do believe that he is heartbroken over this, and not just because he lost his job. 4. i think that the one area where we differ notably is that you want more facts before passing judgment, whereas i've passed judgment and will reserve the right to modify my conclusions as new facts come out (and it's not as if i'm saying incendiary things about the guy). perhaps i will come to view Paterno more charitably, but i doubt it since what i'm currently attributing to him is willful blindness with unspeakable consequences. i simply think that he failed as CEO of the football program in a horrific way. his own conscience, hopefully, is a far more harsh judge than i.
    I respect your comments and guess the only thing we disagree on is the passing of judgement. Which is fine since we all have our own views and obviously pass judgement differently. Maybe I'm naive, who knows. Eventually we'll know all the facts and won't need to debate this ....

SportsMushroom

Said the guy who responded to a debate by telling someone to go molest a child. Pot, meet kettle ..

I was not talking to you

you know why you responded though? because what I said insulted you, and it insulted you because you know its right

anyway what are you doing here? dont you have a pedophilia support group to attend to? dont worry the others will be late too, one's out on bail and the other just lost his job so they are a little bit preoccupied with more important things than child rape
    Last edited by SportsMushroom; 11-10-11 at 04:58 PM.

BiffTFinancial

Im going to correct you there sir he did not fail as a CEO he failed as a human being period all people that suggest that what he did was enough have failed as human beings
    i think that you know what i meant, pal. he was the CEO of the program, and what went on there is ultimately his responsibility and under his oversight. in his capacity as CEO, yes, he unequivocally failed, and he also failed as a human being. lot of overlap in those two failings, let's not parse words.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

with pedophilia you are guilty until proven innocent. it is just too serious, that's the way it is and should be. you get fired from your job before it all comes out b/c it's pedophilia and people think you just need to go. hey, what do i know? maybe he was an enabler, evidence seems to suggest that he knew. but let's be clear, pedophilia charges are obviously seperate from the normal american rules of innocent until proven guilty. it would be interesting to at least admit that usa rules are different with pedophilia. you can say someone did pedophile stuff and mess up their lives and have no proof if you want.
    Last edited by face; 11-10-11 at 05:02 PM.

SlickRick1382

I was not talking to you you know why you responded though? because what I said insulted you, and it insulted you because you know its right anyway what are you doing here? dont you have a pedophilia support group to attend to?
    It's laughable and sad that you think those comments insult me in any way, shape or form. If you're a model example of what a decent human being is supposed to be since by all accounts many of us have failed, then I'm pretty sure we're all screwed. Now I'll go back to ignoring the troll. I undoubtedly made the mistake of feeding the troll ....

SlickRick1382

the more that i think about it, the more that i think that McQueary remains on-staff until the Board's newly appointed committee can investigate and determine just what he knows and how badly he can hurt them if they cast him aside. if i were running this thing, or something similar at my company, that's what i'd do (how unthinkable, i hope i never have to be that close to something like this). from a risk-management perspective, other than Sandusky, McQueary is probably PSU's biggest potential liability right now, so they have to keep him close until they decide how to handle everything - bearing in mind that they've literally only been dealing with this gigantic situation for a few days. Paterno has now received his punishment, and would never do anything to hurt PSU intentionally (whether because you believe he's a good guy or because you think that it's because he'd ruin his own legacy even more). i think that, in the end, with federal investigators on the way and more victims coming forward, the Board simply could not let Paterno run out onto the field Saturday and receive a stand ovation, and that's why he had to go yesterday. McQueary's career is over, just not yet officially.
    I agree. I always viewed their firing of Paterno more so as a way to get reduce some of the media spotlight shining on the university and obviously a step they needed to take in order to being to fix the tarnished reputation. The comments on why McQueary is still employed makes sense, I just hope we're wrong and more damning information doesn't come to light. ALlhough I understand that's a real possibility and would be crippling to all related parties. Guess only time will tell ...

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

If I saw my kid on video at Penn State....there would be a "teaching" moment...after I pulled my foot out of their ass

SportsMushroom

It's laughable and sad that you think those comments insult me in any way, shape or form. If you're a model example of what a decent human being is supposed to be since by all accounts many of us have failed, then I'm pretty sure we're all screwed. Now I'll go back to ignoring the troll. I undoubtedly made the mistake of feeding the troll ....
    err, I started this thread (one of the two that got merged), this was a thread that was for people to express their disgust for the support for that child rape enabler paterno

you are the one that is in MY thread trying to tell me of what a moron I am (when almost everyone in this thread has the same opinion as me), you by definition sir are the troll, you dont even have the brains to realize that and you have the audacity to call me a troll because you have no valid point to make

I wasnt even replying to you I was talking to someone else and you started talking bullshit, again you are the definition of a troll

all you keep saying is there is no evidence against paterno, everyone keeps pointing out to you the grand jury report which has all the evidence that you need yet you are a one hit wonder 'thereisnoeveidencethereisnoevidencether eisnoevidence'

no doubt in my mind that by defending paterno you are defending your kin, you fukn pedo
    Last edited by SportsMushroom; 11-10-11 at 05:12 PM.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

you guys should harness all this passion you have about this and focus on some bigger more rampant problem like getting death penalty laws for drunk driver murders or the international sex trade.

First ... 23456 Last