mstone897
    mstone897's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick1382 View Post
    Perhaps you would be better served to redirect your biased emotion towards McQueary who left the lockerroom shower in lieu of the incident and went home to consult his father first. Then went to talk with the coach and never went to the police himself despite having witnessed the events first hand. I guess Paterno is damned and should go to hell but McQueary is an upstanding citizen .....
    Now you are assuming he absolves McQueary. He's talking about JoePa. I'm sure everyone can agree that McQueary needs to fired immediately and also put in jail.

Have you read the grand jury report? The whole thing? If not, go do it. You'll change your mind. If you have read it and these are your thoughts, you are just ignorant. This isn't simply a legal matter with JoePa, it is a moral matter. As the HC of a major football program, not only is it your duty to coach but you are a leader of young men. Do you want someone leading you who has heard about a major crime and not done as much as he could about it? Yes, he reported it to his superior but why did he never follow up on it? He even admits he wished he would have done more.

All you really need to know about the Penn State mentality in this whole situation is that the first question asked after the announcement was about who was coaching Saturday. The greatest coach who has ever lived was just fired from the school he has been at since, what 1950? and all they are worried about is who is coaching on Saturday?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SportsMushroom

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

TO SLICKRICK

ok listen up you moron, this is word for word from the grand jury report, you'd read it if you had any amount of intelligence floating around in you head:

"The next morning, a Saturday, the graduate assistant telephoned Peterno and went to Paterno's home, where he reported what he had seen.

Joseph V. Paterno testified to receiving the graduate assistant's report at his home on a Saturday morning."

you've lost all credibility slick, by stating over and over in every post that paterno didnt know what had happened

obviously you are missinformed and biased and seem to have a problem in forming your own thoughts, much like the sheep that were outside paternos house today cheering for that bastard
    Last edited by SportsMushroom; 11-10-11 at 12:39 AM.

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post

before today I didnt even know who jo paterno was and what career he had,

he reported it to the guy with which he colluded to keep it a secret
    Ya ok guy, you dont know shit. You are making half assed assumptions.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

yea well what the fuk did Penn State do about Sandusky? the whole school sucks

SportsMushroom

Quote Originally Posted by GOIRISH View Post
    Ya ok guy, you dont know shit. You are making half assed assumptions.
    its not an assumption its in the grand jury report, go read the grand jury report if you can, you sound like an illiterate redneck thats probably knee deep in incest and considers what went down in the penn state locker room "business as usual"

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Everybody should read the grand jury report; it's hard to stomach if you have a heart, but read it and then come back if you still don't think this was a huge cover-up by those in power at Penn State:

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploa...resentment.pdf
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MBENZ

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

its all about winning
    its sad but that is all Penn St fans want

GOIRISH

its not an assumption its in the grand jury report, go read the grand jury report if you can, you sound like an illiterate redneck thats probably knee deep in incest and considers what went down in the penn state locker room "business as usual"
    feel free to show me where paterno got together and they all decided to keep it a secret? Enlighten me

SportsMushroom

feel free to show me where paterno got together and they all decided to keep it a secret? Enlighten me
    how about this:

"Schultz testified that he was called to a meeting with Joe Paterno and Tim Curley, in which Paterno reported 'disturbing' and 'inappropriate' conduct in the shower by Sandusky upon a young boy, as reported to him by a student or graduate student"

"Although Schultz oversaw the University Police as part of his position, he never reporter the 2002 incident to the University Police or other police agency, never sought or reviewed a police report on the 1998 incident and never attempted to learn the identity of the child in the shower in 2002. No one from the University did so."

so they either they collectively decided not to go to the police, or they were such big a scumbags that no words were necessary, it went without saying that they were not going to tell anyone

paterno is a disgrace for a human being

SportsMushroom

Quote Originally Posted by moses millsap View Post
    Everybody should read the grand jury report; it's hard to stomach if you have a heart, but read it and then come back if you still don't think this was a huge cover-up by those in power at Penn State:

millsap

anyone who even attempts to give an excuse to paterno or any of these scumbags is definitely a pervert themselves and are looking out for their own

the only other explanation I can think of is that if it wasnt for the no child left behind act they would be in a class for the mentally insufficient

Djstucky
    Djstucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    yea well what the fuk did Penn State do about Sandusky? the whole school sucks
    It's pretty obvious what transpired here. Everyone involved and made aware of the situation knew it was severely wrong. Unfortunately they didn't want to tarnish their own nor the universitys image, have a losing season, see a friend get fired or go to jail etc. Therefore everyone relayed just enough information to where they would make a group decision on what to do and who to tell. It just seems the consensus was to protect the football program. It's sickening and disturbing to see post that anyone believes those involved performed due diligence ensuring this situation was handled appropriately. I'm pretty sure you would'nt be content with ole joe pa's nonchalant behavior and lack of concern if this was your son or little brother. Think about it...your 10 yr old son. Now did paterno really fulfill his obligation??? Was going to the AD really enough??? If your sons life was tarnished permanently do you still stand behind what he did or didn't do???

GOIRISH

how about this:

"Schultz testified that he was called to a meeting with Joe Paterno and Tim Curley, in which Paterno reported 'disturbing' and 'inappropriate' conduct in the shower by Sandusky upon a young boy, as reported to him by a student or graduate student"

"Although Schultz oversaw the University Police as part of his position, he never reporter the 2002 incident to the University Police or other police agency, never sought or reviewed a police report on the 1998 incident and never attempted to learn the identity of the child in the shower in 2002. No one from the University did so."

so they either they collectively decided not to go to the police, or they were such big a scumbags that no words were necessary, it went without saying that they were not going to tell anyone

paterno is a disgrace for a human being
    i didnt see that in the attorney general report, i saw where it said paterno talked to curley at paternos house , shultz then had a meeting with curley and the graduate student, however joe was not there.

face

i guess i would just rather see spanier crucified, if you read the report (it's not that long, links are everywhere), you see that everyone knew. people focusing too much on the football coach. it's the president of the university's job.

SportsMushroom

i didnt see that in the attorney general report, i saw where it said paterno talked to curley at paternos house , shultz then had a meeting with curley and the graduate student, however joe was not there.
    look I think who was were and did what is insignificant, the timeline of events is insignificant

did paterno know about what sandusky did? answer is yes

did paterno do what a decent human being should have done? answer is no

the fact that he told the athletic director does not absolve him, it makes him even more complicit. the fact that he only reported it to his superior proves that his intention was to cover his ass and hiss ass only. if he really cared about the kid that got raped and all the subsequent victims he would have gone to the police

he did the bare minimum so that when this day came he could say he did what he was supposed to do and a bunch of morons actually give him a free pass and chant his name after all that he did (or didnt do)

GOIRISH

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    i guess i would just rather see spanier crucified, if you read the report (it's not that long, links are everywhere), you see that everyone knew. people focusing too much on the football coach. it's the president of the university's job.
    i want to see sandusky crucified, after reading the report i feel sick to my stomach. Guy deserves to rot in hell.

GOIRISH

look I think who was were and did what is insignificant, the timeline of events is insignificant

did paterno know about what sandusky did? answer is yes

did paterno do what a decent human being should have done? answer is no

the fact that he told the athletic director does not absolve him, it makes him even more complicit. the fact that he only reported it to his superior proves that his intention was to cover his ass and hiss ass only. if he really cared about the kid that got raped and all the subsequent victims he would have gone to the police

he did the bare minimum so that when this day came he could say he did what he was supposed to do and a bunch of morons actually give him a free pass and chant his name after all that he did (or didnt do)
    Yes he knew what Sandusky did, should it of been reported to the police yes, Joe Paterno did not witness it. It is the student or the President of the school who should be the one to report it. Joe passed on the information to the higher ups for them to handle. In retrospective he probably looks back now and sees that since no one ever did anything he should of done something. But you cant turn back time, he passed the info on to his superiors and they failed to correctly deal with the issue. He had already announced his retirement earlier, psu should of atleast allowed him to finish off the season, instead of tarnishing his rep by firing him after all he has done for the school.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Yes he knew what Sandusky did, should it of been reported to the police yes, Joe Paterno did not witness it. It is the student or the President of the school who should be the one to report it. Joe passed on the information to the higher ups for them to handle. In retrospective he probably looks back now and sees that since no one ever did anything he should of done something. But you cant turn back time, he passed the info on to his superiors and they failed to correctly deal with the issue. He had already announced his retirement earlier, psu should of atleast allowed him to finish off the season, instead of tarnishing his rep by firing him after all he has done for the school.

what did he do for the victims that sandusky molested after Paterno could have stopped it?

paterno is not the only one to blame, but he definetly should be fired for his part

A 10 year old was molested in penn states shower and paterno didnt give care enough to stop it from happening again

paterno is/was a very powerful man but he cared more about penn state than children being molested

and this is how he will be remembered

SportsMushroom

I dont understand your logic

his higher ups did nothing so that excuses his behavior?

any man with morals would have went to the police

by not reporting the incident to the police he allowed sandusky to go on to repeatedly rape numerous other children

those victims are on paterno, and he will rot in hell, because he seems to have no problem living with that burden, he is sick

I wouldnt want me or my children or anyone I love be near you goirish, if someone in your vicinity was in trouble you'd report it to your superior and then go home and sleep like a baby

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

I dont understand your logic his higher ups did nothing so that excuses his behavior? any man with morals would have went to the police by not reporting the incident to the police he allowed sandusky to go on to repeatedly rape numerous other children those victims are on paterno, and he will rot in hell, because he seems to have no problem living with that burden, he is sick I wouldnt want me or my children or anyone I love be near you goirish, if someone in your vicinity was in trouble you'd report it to your superior and then go home and sleep like a baby
    Exactly, fukin clowns on this forum seriously. Idiots dont realize how serious this shit is, its not about football. its about morals, what is right and what is wrong! If paterno had reported, many kids could have been saved from being molested.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SportsMushroom

mstone897
    mstone897's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

JoePa was upset about getting fired over the phone but all it would have taken to stop potential further abuse was a simple phone call to police.

Know one will argue the man's impact on football and the school. JoePa made PSU what it is today. I don't know if we'll see another coach like him ever again but this is no longer about football.

If anyone saw it on ESPN, how about the student who stood in front of his peers who were rioting and said that PSU made the right decision. He said he was embarrassed by his school and that PSU board did what they had to do. I applaud that man for standing there and I'm sure take insults to stand for what he believed was right.

face

espn is a clown network, not one pic of the athletic director or president of the university who are actually up on fukkin charges

SportsMushroom

Quote Originally Posted by mstone897 View Post
    JoePa was upset about getting fired over the phone but all it would have taken to stop potential further abuse was a simple phone call to police.

Matt1144
    Matt1144's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2854

EVERYONE is at blame. Simple big school bureaucracy. They tried to cover it up. They all deserve to rot in hell.

How do you hear something like that and NOT call the police? We're talking about diddling kids people. ******* awful.

Now we have delusional fans of Paterno. I wanna puke.

I swear if I was that guy that walked in on Sandouche but ******* a 10 year old up the ass he wouldn't be walking.

MBENZ
    MBENZ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10203

Quote Originally Posted by moses millsap View Post

I read this before and you are right.What I can't understand at all is why Sandusky is out on bail.That is a bigger farce than the cover up.

SlickRick1382
    If hustlin' is a must; be Sosa, not Tony
    SlickRick1382's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11517

Now you are assuming he absolves McQueary.
    I never assumed anyone was absolved of anything. You're the one making assumptions. I simple said perhaps he should redirect some of his emotional anger of the situation towards other related parties since the fact of the matter is that Joe Paterno is the only one catching flak on these boards. So don't assume to know the intent of what I said and add to a simple suggestion something that wasn't intended or said by me.

I'm sure everyone can agree that McQueary needs to fired immediately and also put in jail.
    Really? How sure are you because not one person has really brought him up in this thread and rather have stoned Joe Paterno to death. Yet McQueary wasn't even fired from his position at PSU. Oddly enough neither OP or anyone seems to have raised that issue.

Have you read the grand jury report? The whole thing? If not, go do it. You'll change your mind. If you have read it and these are your thoughts, you are just ignorant. This isn't simply a legal matter with JoePa, it is a moral matter. As the HC of a major football program, not only is it your duty to coach but you are a leader of young men.
    I'm ignorant apparently but you fail to comprehend that what you deem to be a "moral matter" with Joe Paterno is also a criminal matter. Do you understand that if Joe Paterno had full well known of the situation that transpired in detail and did nothing he could be also held accountable in a court of law. Yet, despite this, the grand jury has said nothing with regards to Joe.

Perhaps you should re-read the grand jury report because nowhere within the report could I find anything that directly stated what McQueary actually told Joe, how much Joe actually knew and understood.

Yes, he reported it to his superior but why did he never follow up on it?
    Why is it solely his job to follow up on it. Why isn't the rest of the administration and more importantly McQueary, the actual witness, being blamed for not following up on it. Interestingly enough ESPN rarely bring him up but attacks Joe Paterno repeatedly with ever new report. Same thing on this board. Show me where people are going after McQueary? Other than to say had they've been the one who witnessed these acts they would of allegedly beaten Sandusky to a pulp. Why is the attention redirected solely on Paterno?

He even admits he wished he would have done more.
    That statement is not an admission of guilt. In hindsight I'm sure he or anyone else wishes the could of done more. That doesn't mean they did anything wrong. That's because they obviously feel for what happened to the victims and wish it never had transpired.

All you really need to know about the Penn State mentality in this whole situation is that the first question asked after the announcement was about who was coaching Saturday. The greatest coach who has ever lived was just fired from the school he has been at since, what 1950? and all they are worried about is who is coaching on Saturday?
    That is an ignorant comment to make. You're judging based on the question of one reporter or two reporters when there were other questions. Secondly that wasn't even the 1st question really asked. Just so happened that everyone shouted over each other different questions and when he told them one at a time that's the question that was the person who went first.

SlickRick1382

TO SLICKRICK ok listen up you moron, this is word for word from the grand jury report, you'd read it if you had any amount of intelligence floating around in you head: "The next morning, a Saturday, the graduate assistant telephoned Peterno and went to Paterno's home, where he reported what he had seen. Joseph V. Paterno testified to receiving the graduate assistant's report at his home on a Saturday morning." you've lost all credibility slick, by stating over and over in every post that paterno didnt know what had happened obviously you are missinformed and biased and seem to have a problem in forming your own thoughts, much like the sheep that were outside paternos house today cheering for that bastard
    You can address me as many times from here on out but I'll ignore you the rest of the way.

You have the mental capacity of a 4 year old child and I refuse to waste anymore time debating anything with you. Amidst a debate about the circumstances that took place you had the gall to tell me to go molest a child. You are worthless and most likely another drain on our society. Anyone who could and would make a comment like that in lieu of what just happened while facts are being debated, nothing more, is an ignorant fool who deserves to have the blood smacked out of his mouth.

Also you're little post shows how incredibly stupid you are. I never once said Paterno wasn't contacted by McQueary. If I did then who would I explain Joe's reason for contacting his superiors? What I did say was that we don't know what exactly McQueary told Paterno. He didn't come out and say, Joe I just saw Sandusky rape and sodomize a little 10 year old boy in the shower. He didn't tell Paterno he saw him perform such lewd acts. Learn how to read and understand what is being said. For all we know he went and told Joe that he saw something inappropriate occurring. Joe went and told his superiors and had them investigate. If you keep reading you'll see that both Joe and McQueary admit that he didn't receive full details of what was going on and wasn't completely aware of what was taking place. You think had McQueary told Joe, Sandusky was have anal intercourse with a 10 year old boy, that Joe Paterno would of done nothing? If that was the case he would be facing serious issues and should potentially go to jail. That's not what happened. Stop trying to act smart because you're not and just make yourself look more and more foolish with every post, especially when you're telling someone to go molest a child you inbred ....

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

He's being supported for the same reason he didn't report anything. PSU football and the Joe Paterno name are more important in Happy Valley than the safety of children.

It now appears that the whole school is sick. Students included.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

All the people saying JoePa knew... what are you basing this on? Nowhere in the grand jury indictment did it say Paterno knew exactly what happened. He's come out and said that he thought it was inappropriate wrestling or something of that nature, not sodomy.

Stop making shit up, and wait for more info to come out. God damn, this is crazy.

Walter Abrams
    Walter Abrams's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Djstucky View Post
    It's pretty obvious what transpired here. Everyone involved and made aware of the situation knew it was severely wrong. Unfortunately they didn't want to tarnish their own nor the universitys image, have a losing season, see a friend get fired or go to jail etc. Therefore everyone relayed just enough information to where they would make a group decision on what to do and who to tell. It just seems the consensus was to protect the football program. It's sickening and disturbing to see post that anyone believes those involved performed due diligence ensuring this situation was handled appropriately. I'm pretty sure you would'nt be content with ole joe pa's nonchalant behavior and lack of concern if this was your son or little brother. Think about it...your 10 yr old son. Now did paterno really fulfill his obligation??? Was going to the AD really enough??? If your sons life was tarnished permanently do you still stand behind what he did or didn't do???
    Great post. Spot on and everyone involved is a sik human for letting this go down.

WvGambler

Slick: you really feel that Mcquery told Paterno that something inappropriate was happening, and Joe left it at that?
    You don't think the leader of that program, the dictator of PSU didn't say "what do you mean? What was inappropriate?".

He just left it vague like that and never inquired?!?! that's just as ignorant and makes him just as responsible. It's time to jump off the sinking Paterno ship....its sad, but he's also responsible. He's not the moral compass we thought he was. Time to start dealing with that.

SlickRick1382

how about this: "Schultz testified that he was called to a meeting with Joe Paterno and Tim Curley, in which Paterno reported 'disturbing' and 'inappropriate' conduct in the shower by Sandusky upon a young boy, as reported to him by a student or graduate student" "Although Schultz oversaw the University Police as part of his position, he never reporter the 2002 incident to the University Police or other police agency, never sought or reviewed a police report on the 1998 incident and never attempted to learn the identity of the child in the shower in 2002. No one from the University did so." so they either they collectively decided not to go to the police, or they were such big a scumbags that no words were necessary, it went without saying that they were not going to tell anyone paterno is a disgrace for a human being
    Learn to keep reading and apply some logic. It doesn't say what the disturbing and inappropriate behavior was. Those were just the words he used. Also if you keep reading you'll see that it's said by Schultz that they were under the impression that he inappropriately touched boy / "horsing around". It doesn't say that they were aware, especially Joe Paterno, that he was having anal intercourse with them.

Furthermore Joe wasn't at the subsequent meeting. He was at the meeting with Tim Curley when they reported this behavior to Schultz.

You obviously read through some of the report and took the findings that you perceived to help your case, taking things out of context and not reading the report in its entirety. Like I previously mentioned, there is nothing left for us to discuss. I prefer not to deal with little kids who like yourself who don't even have common decency.

You can shout and beat your chest all you like. Fact is if Joe Paterno knew exactly what took place, we're talking about rape here and not what the report is terming as Sandusky horsing around or inappropriately grabbing a child, then Joe Paterno could be criminally liable for his actions. The grand jury feels other wise so obviously they know more than we do and don't feel like Joe had all the necessary and pertinent information.

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    Slick: you really feel that Mcquery told Paterno that something inappropriate was happening, and Joe left it at that?
    You don't think the leader of that program, the dictator of PSU didn't say "what do you mean? What was inappropriate?".

He just left it vague like that and never inquired?!?! that's just as ignorant and makes him just as responsible. It's time to jump off the sinking Paterno ship....its sad, but he's also responsible. He's not the moral compass we thought he was. Time to start dealing with that.
    Why do you assume he didn't inquire? It doesn't mean the grad assistant told him everything...

WvGambler

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    Why do you assume he didn't inquire? It doesn't mean the grad assistant told him everything...
    Why do you assume he didn't know anything? Asking someone why they assume in this case is kinda strange. Everyone of us is assuming here.

Sorry. I can't support Paterno.

SlickRick1382

Slick: you really feel that Mcquery told Paterno that something inappropriate was happening, and Joe left it at that? You don't think the leader of that program, the dictator of PSU didn't say "what do you mean? What was inappropriate?". He just left it vague like that and never inquired?!?! that's just as ignorant and makes him just as responsible. It's time to jump off the sinking Paterno ship....its sad, but he's also responsible. He's not the moral compass we thought he was. Time to start dealing with that.
    If Joe was under the impression, which is what's in the actual grand jury report, that Sandusky behaved inappropriately in the context that he was "horsing around" with the boy or that he inappropriately grabbed him, then why not? 1. Joe could of possibly not believed what he was hearing and that's why he had his superiors investigate the situation. 2. Until the grand jury shows us otherwise, I believe that Joe had no idea that the boys were being raped.

If he did know they were being raped then the grand jury would of found him culpable and he would of been indicted. That's not the case.

That's like me coming to you right now and telling you that I saw you're best friend, brother, father, whoever you want, inappropriately touch a boy. Are you telling me you're going right to the police and that's it? Obviously he could of found it the claim to be a little hard to believe but nonetheless contacted his superiors to look into the matter. How is that wrong?

Either A) you show me where it says Joe Paterno had direct knowledge of little boys being raped or B) Just wait until more info comes out. It could be that Joe Paterno is as guilty as everyone else involved. That's a possibility. Right now though, based on the evidence presented and on the fact that the DA and the grand jury report don't implicate him in anything it's likely that he wasn't fully aware of what was going on.

rsnnh12

Why do you assume he didn't know anything? Asking someone why they assume in this case is kinda strange. Everyone of us is assuming here.

Sorry. I can't support Paterno.
    Because everything so far has indicated he didn't know any details, and that it was inappropriate horsing around/wrestling?

Sorry, but I'm not going to blame a guy who has done as much good for the community and young men as JoePa has, when there is zero evidence he knew any specifics. If the grad assistant testifies that he told JoePa everything, then yes, he certainly is to blame as well. But until any evidence of that nature comes forward, I'll go with the facts that we have now, rather than attack Paterno.

First 123456 Last