Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

They are blinded by Paterno and his success there. If you talk to any Penn State Alumni, they're football fanatics, know everything about their team. Seriously sick stuff.

It's like Steeler's fan and their worship of Dick LeBeau.

The whole thing is just sad. I don't think Paterno is a bad guy, but he was weak, he should've stood up and done the right thing. But you know, if you ever confronted a wife, or a parent about their husband/son's behavior, you know there's denial and they'll trick themselves into believing it's not true. I really believe that's what happened here.

But there has to be a fallout because of some SOB's crimes, so yeah, Paterno has to go.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

paterno never should have told the fukkin president, that's where he went wrong. should have called the cops himself on his pal, sandusky. the president's bright idea was to cover it all up. once the president made the call to keep it secret, everyone's job/rep was on the line if they were to talk i'll bet. i'm sure joe wishes he would have just called the cops on his pal sandusky. espn's coverage is very shallow, just covering the athletic department.

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

The definition of blind loyalty.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Slickrick1382 = boards second biggest moron

Yeah let's focus on the kids because more media will help them get right. Great idea...why bother going after the guilty adults? What a waste of time!

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick1382 View Post
    Your ignorance is baffling. He was "involved" but he's not being charged. You'd figure that if he's not being charged it's because he was NOT involved. This has nothing to do with football. Has to do with the media attacking a man without any substantial proof. Just like yourself who calls him scum without knowing all the details. I'm sure you're quite the saint. No sense in getting into arguments with people who are biased so I'll gladly keep from posting here going forward. You may continue with your unwarranted hate for a man who hasn't been proven to be guilty. Also lets keep on giving Joe Paterno all this attention instead of focusing on the issue at hand and the kids who were molested. I'm sure that's more important. The kids keep on getting ignored in all this ridiculous press ....
    how am I biased? before today I didnt even know who jo paterno was and what career he had, to insinuate that I am biased you have to assume I have a prior reason not to like him

I dont care if he is being indicted or not

I have a mind, I am capable of independent thought, it is clear to me that he knew what sandusky was doing, it is clear to me that he did not act in the appropriate manner, in my mind he is guilty as the guy who was raping children, every rape from that day forth is on him

and the people that support paterno should get molested in a shower and have it covered up

SlickRick1382
    If hustlin' is a must; be Sosa, not Tony
    SlickRick1382's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11517

Quote Originally Posted by beerman2619 View Post
    Slick Rick you stuck on stupid son? All these coaches knew including Paterno thats a fact son? And he did nothing about it. All of the Penn St coaches should be let go that knew about these acts by Sanduscky. They are all scum in my book. Even Paterno admitted he should of done more.
    Paterno never admitted he should of done more. He said in hindsight he guesses he could of done more. In hindsight I would do a ton of things different. In hindsight I would make all the right decisions all of the time, 100% of the time.

Correction: He said he wished he would of done more...

Secondly, all the coaches knew? Where are you getting your information because there isn't much information in the grand jury testimony report and NONE of it implicates Paterno knew what you alledge he knew.

Maybe you have better facts than the rest of us and the grand jury alike. Seems like most people base their decision and / or opinions on emotion rather than reasoning.
    Last edited by SlickRick1382; 11-09-11 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Correction

Djstucky
    Djstucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    paterno never should have told the fukkin president, that's where he went wrong. should have called the cops himself on his pal, sandusky. the president's bright idea was to cover it all up. once the president made the call to keep it secret, everyone's job/rep was on the line if they were to talk i'll bet. i'm sure joe wishes he would have just called the cops on his pal sandusky. espn's coverage is very shallow, just covering the athletic department.
    Obviously I have no clue but my guess is this is pretty close to what happened.

SportsMushroom

Paterno never admitted he should of done more. He said in hindsight he guesses he could of done more. In hindsight I would do a ton of things different. In hindsight I would make all the right decisions all of the time, 100% of the time. Correction: He said he wished he would of done more... Secondly, all the coaches knew? Where are you getting your information because there isn't much information in the grand jury testimony report and NONE of it implicates Paterno knew what you alledge he knew. Maybe you have better facts than the rest of us and the grand jury alike. Seems like most people base their decision and / or opinions on emotion rather than reasoning.
    yes in hindsight he should have done more...

translation? if I knew we were gonna get caught I would have done more

just that statement of his is all you need to know, he essentially admits to knowing and not doing enough
    Last edited by SportsMushroom; 11-09-11 at 11:50 PM.

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

All 3 goofs, JoePa, Predator, and Ginger, are at fault.... they all make me sick and hope they rot in hell.

P.F.Kasooff
    P.F.Kasooff's Avatar Become A Pro!

An upright person in a position as JoePa's would have followed up with the AD/President when virtually no action was taken against Sandusky!! An upright person would have said, 'WTF is going on? Did you contact the police? If you havent I will.'

JoePa is NOT an upright person

face

Quote Originally Posted by iceminers26 View Post
    All 3 goofs, JoePa, Predator, and Ginger, are at fault.... they all make me sick and hope they rot in hell.
    spanier is number 1 goof. athletic department told the president of the school. think about your job, and if you saw some shit go down in the bathroom, and if you told the boss, and then the boss told you to shut up about it. that's what i think happened.
    but i agree, with kasoof that paterno should have gone above the president and told cops and jsut said fuk it, fire me.

SlickRick1382

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    how am I biased? before today I didnt even know who jo paterno was and what career he had, to insinuate that I am biased you have to assume I have a prior reason not to like him I dont care if he is being indicted or not I have a mind, I am capable of independent thought, it is clear to me that he knew what sandusky was doing, it is clear to me that he did not act in the appropriate manner, in my mind he is guilty as the guy who was raping children, every rape from that day forth is on him and the people that support paterno should get molested in a shower and have it covered up
    Bias doesn't just mean that you dislike Joe Paterno. You can be biased in your opinion without ever having heard of him personally. It just means that you're making an inclination without considering alternatives.

What I would like to understand is, how is it "clear to you" that he knew what was going on? How is it clear to you yet the grand jury wasn't able to reach the same conclusion. Do you understand that if Joe knew full well of what transpired and didn't report it then he could be criminally liable? This isn't just a moral issue. Yet the grand jury with all the information has chose not to indict him. So again I ask how do you clearly know this as I would like to understand this just as well as you do. Enlighten me ....

P.F.Kasooff
    P.F.Kasooff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Let's not kid ourselves: 10yrs ago JoePa had more power on campus than the AD or President.

SlickRick1382

yes in hindsight he should have done more...

translation? if I knew we were gonna get caught I would have done more

just that statement of his is all you need to know, he essentially admits to knowing and not doing enough
    I added a correction to the statement, apparently after you quoted me.

Paterno said he "wishes" he would of done more. Not that he could of done more .... difference, not an admission of guilt but rather remorse ...

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

More proof the legal voting age in this country is too young. Utter idiots. Joe Paterno, regardless of all he has done for the Penn State athletics, did NOTHING to stop child abuse and rape he knew was going on, either because of his misguided loyalty to Sandusky or for self-preservation of the university and football program. Unforgivable. Glad he is fired and his legacy is ruined, he deserves it.

SportsMushroom

Bias doesn't just mean that you dislike Joe Paterno. You can be biased in your opinion without ever having heard of him personally. It just means that you're making an inclination without considering alternatives. What I would like to understand is, how is it "clear to you" that he knew what was going on? How is it clear to you yet the grand jury wasn't able to reach the same conclusion. Do you understand that if Joe knew full well of what transpired and didn't report it then he could be criminally liable? This isn't just a moral issue. Yet the grand jury with all the information has chose not to indict him. So again I ask how do you clearly know this as I would like to understand this just as well as you do. Enlighten me ....
    are you serious? the way you put it anyone that doesnt agree with you is biased because they are not considering alternatives

look, Mcqueary stated he told paterno what he saw, from that statement on I dont want to hear what paterno has to say, I dont care about the jury, I dont care about you, from the moment he knew and did not go to the police he is guilty as fukc, also he told the ad, further proof that he knew, because he recounted the incident

and I repeat a phrase you yourself quoted 'in hindsight I would have done more'. that is admission that he knew and did not do anything. the hindsight he is talking about sir is being caught, that sentence can be expanded to 'in hindsight, if I knew we were going to get caught, I would have done more'
    Last edited by SportsMushroom; 11-10-11 at 12:04 AM.

SportsMushroom

I added a correction to the statement, apparently after you quoted me.

Paterno said he "wishes" he would of done more. Not that he could of done more .... difference, not an admission of guilt but rather remorse ...

still an admission that he knew, do you have any deductive reasoning capabilities at all? or are you a biased person calling me biased

he is clearly saying that he knew about it, the fact that he shows remorse means nothing, he didnt fill remorse all these years, he felt no responsibility for the future victims he himself created by not going to the police, he now expresses remorse because he gets caught, that is not real remorse

iceminers26

I have been trying not to follow this story so I only know the overview but can someone please answer this for me:

Why now or I should say doesn't the timing seem odd, the week after JoePa becomes the all time winningest coach someone comes forward with this? Or was it a coach that came forward? Timing just seems strange to me.

moses millsap

he is clearly saying that he knew about it, the fact that he shows remorse means nothing, he didnt fill remorse all these years, he felt no responsibility for the future victims he himself created by not going to the police, he now expresses remorse because he gets caught, that is not real remorse
    +1

Mind-boggling how anybody can support Paterno here.

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

i have to disagree with you guys. I am not a Psu fan, i am not a jopa fan. In fact i said a couple years back that i think he should retire. However it is ridiculous he has been fired. Joe reported the issue , from what ive read sandusky wasnt even a employee of the school. Joe reported it and got back to his business. Which is being a coach. he is not the cops. he put it in the schools hands and they dropped the ball not joe. Not to mention in America, people are innocent until proven guilty. Paterno lost his job and all of his reputation because this guy might have sexually abused boys, what happens if he is proven innocent?

SportsMushroom

I have been trying not to follow this story so I only know the overview but can someone please answer this for me: Why now or I should say doesn't the timing seem odd, the week after JoePa becomes the all time winningest coach someone comes forward with this? Or was it a coach that came forward? Timing just seems strange to me.
    from my understanding, cops had been investigating for a few years, because of reports from parents and children, Im guessing they just managed to have enough evidence to make a case out of it

if they wanted to hurt him they would have done it sooner, dont be such a conspiracy theory freak

face

I have been trying not to follow this story so I only know the overview but can someone please answer this for me:

Why now or I should say doesn't the timing seem odd, the week after JoePa becomes the all time winningest coach someone comes forward with this? Or was it a coach that came forward? Timing just seems strange to me.
    i think on saturday is when the court decided the sandusky thing is going to trial and news broke he's being tried on 40 counts.

iceminers26

Quote Originally Posted by GOIRISH View Post
    i have to disagree with you guys. I am not a Psu fan, i am not a jopa fan. In fact i said a couple years back that i think he should retire. However it is ridiculous he has been fired. Joe reported the issue , from what ive read sandusky wasnt even a employee of the school. Joe reported it and got back to his business. Which is being a coach. he is not the cops. he put it in the schools hands and they dropped the ball not joe. Not to mention in America, people are innocent until proven guilty. Paterno lost his job and all of his reputation because this guy might have sexually abused boys, what happens if he is proven innocent?

He will be proven innocent, legally he did nothing wrong but morally he failed miserably. And we are not talking about a first year or even a fifth year head coach at the time, the fkn guy was there for decades and had more power than anything, him not reporting it to the PA State Police is inexcusable IMO.

SlickRick1382

are you serious? the way you put it anyone that doesnt agree with you is biased because they are not considering alternatives look, Mcqueary stated he told paterno what he saw, from that statement on I dont want to hear what paterno has to say, I dont care about the jury, I dont care about you, from the moment he knew and did not go to the police he is guilty as fukc, also he told the ad, further proof that he knew, because he recounted the incident and I repeat a phrase you yourself quoted 'in hindsight I would have done more'. that is admission that he knew and did not do anything. the hindsight he is talking about sir is being caught, that sentence can be expanded to 'in hindsight, if I knew we were going to get caught, I would have done more'
    Again you have issues interpreting what is said. I don't care if no one agrees with me. I personally don't absolve Joe Paterno of some more responsibility but I also understand that there are a lot of pertinent facts that we're not yet aware of and there is nothing out other than speculation that directly implicates Paterno.

Secondly your ignorance continues and only grows. You say that McQueary told Paterno and from there on out you don't want to hear anything else. Since you're so well versed in this topic and have all the facts, please enlighten me and tell me exactly what was said. What exactly did McQueary tell Paterno? Word for word I want to know what was said and not what you "think or assume" was said.

Also his statement was that he WISHES he would of done more. That is no admission of guilt and you're an idiot to interpret what he's saying into a statement that helps further your point. It's a statement of remorse. You, personally, are making it an admission of guilt. You're twisting his words.

Gmen30
    Update your status
    Gmen30's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1000

Any rational person who has read the indictment can see Paterno had to go.... What about his chanting to students last night outside his house??? Are you fukkin kidding me???? Total delusion in Happy Valley. Quite frankly, the whole situation makes me absolutely sick.

moses millsap

He will be proven guilty if they find out McQuery was given his promotion to the staff for keeping his mouth shut.

SportsMushroom

are you kidding me? with all the evidence there is no way he is found innocent

and anyhow paterno did not get fired because he broke the law, he got fired because he did something morally reprehensible, even if somehow sandusky is innocent, paterno thought there were kids being raped were his players shower, and he did not act on it, that is a sign of an immoral, sick, uncompassionate person

moses millsap

Quote Originally Posted by Gmen30 View Post
    Any rational person who has read the indictment can see Paterno had to go.... What about his chanting to students last night outside his house??? Are you fukkin kidding me???? Total delusion in Happy Valley. Quite frankly, the whole situation makes me absolutely sick.
    That was beyond disgusting to watch last night.

GOIRISH

He will be proven innocent, legally he did nothing wrong but morally he failed miserably. And we are not talking about a first year or even a fifth year head coach at the time, the fkn guy was there for decades and had more power than anything, him not reporting it to the PA State Police is inexcusable IMO.
    i am not saying joe , i am saying what if sandusky is proven innocent. He has not been found guilty yet. I think it is premature to fire paterno over something that hasnt even been proven yet, especially when he had no hand in it.

SportsMushroom

Again you have issues interpreting what is said. I don't care if no one agrees with me. I personally don't absolve Joe Paterno of some more responsibility but I also understand that there are a lot of pertinent facts that we're not yet aware of and there is nothing out other than speculation that directly implicates Paterno. Secondly your ignorance continues and only grows. You say that McQueary told Paterno and from there on out you don't want to hear anything else. Since you're so well versed in this topic and have all the facts, please enlighten me and tell me exactly what was said. What exactly did McQueary tell Paterno? Word for word I want to know what was said and not what you "think or assume" was said. Also his statement was that he WISHES he would of done more. That is no admission of guilt and you're an idiot to interpret what he's saying into a statement that helps further your point. It's a statement of remorse. You, personally, are making it an admission of guilt. You're twisting his words.
    man go molest a child or something you idiot

you interpret what was said to fit what you want to believe

paterno knew, he admits he knew but you still say the opposite, dont worry you'll know when you meet him in hell

GOIRISH

are you kidding me? with all the evidence there is no way he is found innocent

and anyhow paterno did not get fired because he broke the law, he got fired because he did something morally reprehensible, even if somehow sandusky is innocent, paterno thought there were kids being raped were his players shower, and he did not act on it, that is a sign of an immoral, sick, uncompassionate person
    how did he not act on it, he reported it to the school?

SlickRick1382

still an admission that he knew, do you have any deductive reasoning capabilities at all? or are you a biased person calling me biased

Again you only help further the case for bias in how you feel about the case.

Wishing he could or would of done more is not an admission of guilt. Maybe you have your own language and dictionary where you interpret things as you see fit. That statement in no way shape of form is an admission of guilt in any sense of the word. You keep trying to twist things around in order to make your points and it's a failed attempt to say the least.

Secondly you mention future victims he himself created. He's not the deviant who performed this lewd acts. For all Paterno knew this was an isolated incident and the incident in itself wasn't thoroughly explained to him. He notified the authorities. After that we don't know what he was instructed to do if anything. We don't know what he was told in respect to the incident. I'm done arguing with you since you have little clue as to what you're saying. Go read the grand jury testimony rather than continually twisting things around to serve your cause.

Finally you said he's expressed remorse because he finally got caught. Got caught of what? What exactly did he do that he got caught and now has to express remorse?

Perhaps you would be better served to redirect your biased emotion towards McQueary who left the lockerroom shower in lieu of the incident and went home to consult his father first. Then went to talk with the coach and never went to the police himself despite having witnessed the events first hand. I guess Paterno is damned and should go to hell but McQueary is an upstanding citizen .....

Djstucky
    Djstucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

I am sure this is just a coincidence...how many wins this guys has is FAR from what he will be remembered for. I'm sure if any of the people involved seen this coming getting a certain amount of wins tied his legacy would'nt have remotely been considered a priority. This will have long term negative affect not only on the football program but the university as a whole. This wasn't a point shaving scandal, recruiting violations, or providing gifts/money to athletes.

kman008
    kman008's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Domestic View Post
    The definition of blind loyalty.
    i say +1 to that

SportsMushroom

how did he not act on it, he reported it to the school?
    he reported it to the guy with which he colluded to keep it a secret

First 12345 ... Last