vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Breaking Bad will be ending next season !!!

Unreal. Easily the best show on tv and it will be ending next season. AMC has no money to pay these guys any more. They paid all the money to Mad Men crew

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

WTF where did you hear this? Why would they end one of the most popular shows they have. Doesn't make much sense. It can't go on forever, even though it seems like each episode is literally 2-3 days. Walt still has terminal cancer. At some point he has to be getting sicker.

Coach Potato
    Coach Potato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31636

I'm sad but not surprised. It's not one of these shoes that can go on for 10 seasons. I would rather they go out on a high than stretch the show out for longer than it should be because if that happens the quality is almost certain to go down.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

This has been common knowledge for a while, and its not even a money issue. They want to end the show on their own terms before it gets drawn out and overdone. Id much rather have it this way with a plan and a deadline then having the writers throwing out goofy ass reasons to keep the show going and have it lose all plausibility and turn to crap.

SATERSTYLE
    FLAWLESS QUEEN BRITNEY
    SATERSTYLE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3291

This is a good thing, not a bad one. The show won't become an overdrawn borefest like Lost

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

you get the feeling with each episode this season that it is going to be ending soon.

it's one of the best series on TV IMO

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

God I can't even imagine the ending, mabye Hank confronts Walter to tries to take him in? I expect some of the "main characters" will come to an end.

Anyone watch Deadwood? Was on HBO, only went two seasons, then they pulled the plug, they didn't get to finish the storyline.

neverstoppers23

I see Walt dying. I don't know why I got that feeling like I did with the show Big Love, where you just get the feeling the guy is going to die.
    In big love it was his next door neighbor because he was fed up with how he was 'changing' his religion, his wife left him, his grass looked like shit.

So who will kill Walt?

My guess is Jessee.
    Jessee has shown he is the most radical character at times, although at times he is smarter then Walt.

Maybe I am wrong, and Walter comes up with some scvious plan to kill Gus, maybe working with the Cartel some how. Who knows.

SPIOILER (don't read if you have not seen the last episode)

With Jessee now going to Mexico with looks likes to be Hank too, something just doesn't seem right with the situation. Gus has some plan, some master mind plan. To either gain Jessees trust, or to tear Walt and Jessee apart.

The show has so many places where it can go. It amazes me.

vyomguy

season 5 will be the last season...and its due to money....the producers will do 10 seasons if they can...but amc cant afford it.

DrStale

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    season 5 will be the last season...and its due to money....the producers will do 10 seasons if they can...but amc cant afford it.
    Creator Vince Gilligan...

"And I’m not being coy when I say I don’t really have a great answer. In my mind's eye I originally saw the show going maybe three seasons, and now I definitely see beyond three seasons. At least four, and possibly five. But it is a very tricky question to answer and it’s one of those things where it’s better to leave the party too soon than too late. You’d rather leave the people wanting more rather than leave them thinking, “Jesus, that guy overstayed his welcome.” I don’t know exactly how long that is, though, which worries me and also excites me. You have this opportunity to keep going for as long as you choose, but you’d better choose right. "

vyomguy

drstale,

producers want more money...they will extend as long as possible. This statement was made after the long negotiations between them and AMC...they decided to end the show. Now the producers are making it look like they really wanted to end the show soon...thats BS.

DrStale

Youre just speculating. If they really wanted to keep the show going there is nothing stopping them from going to another network.

stikymess

“Breaking Bad” is produced by High Bridge Productions, Inc. and Gran Via Productions in association with Sony Pictures Television for AMC.

Thing is how much money is there for AMC, I mean it's not a "major" cable channel like HBO, maybe there really isn't money for those guys, i see alot of mouths to feed there.

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

I always heard the creator wanted to end it after 5 seasons. This has nothing to do with money.

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Quote Originally Posted by stikymess View Post
    “Breaking Bad” is produced by High Bridge Productions, Inc. and Gran Via Productions in association with Sony Pictures Television for AMC.

Thing is how much money is there for AMC, I mean it's not a "major" cable channel like HBO, maybe there really isn't money for those guys, i see alot of mouths to feed there.
    The Mad Men/Netflix deal gave a pretty good peek into how AMC will be doing business with their original content.

neverstoppers23

TV shows. do not get any better then what we just saw tonight.
    best
    episode yet.
    maybe i over-reacting a bit and will calm down tomorrow. but wow.
    it does not get any better then this. the transformation of characters the plot developments the story writing the subliminal messaging. its like a ******* work of master piece.

slatter
    slatter's Avatar Become A Pro!

WTF of course it's ending after a fifth season. He can't go on living forever.

babyjesus
    Up with hope, Down with dope
    babyjesus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

How sad. I love walt and his crazy crew

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    TV shows. do not get any better then what we just saw tonight.
    best
    episode yet.
    maybe i over-reacting a bit and will calm down tomorrow. but wow.
    it does not get any better then this. the transformation of characters the plot developments the story writing the subliminal messaging. its like a ******* work of master piece.
    i agree last nights episode was the best

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge
    DDT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2338

Terrible news! Greatest show on TV

Lion4Life
    Lion4Life's Avatar Become A Pro!

Season started off slow but it has been on fire that last few weeks. Last night was great.

neverstoppers23

Quote Originally Posted by Lion4Life View Post
    Season started off slow but it has been on fire that last few weeks. Last night was great.
    Well 'slow' of pure action. But not slow in the sense of the writing, the writing was pure gold esp. in that flash back of Gus. Pure Master-piece. Had to be one of my favorite scenes of the season along with the box cutter scene.

This show has show many memorable moments, I am not a big TV DVD guy, but this is one series I will definitely buy the collection of. And watch all the extra contend, commentary ect.

Coach Potato

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! I just saw the last episode and it was fuking amazing

GUS IS THE MOST BADASS DUDE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

neverstoppers23

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Potato View Post
    HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! I just saw the last episode and it was fuking amazing

GUS IS THE MOST BADASS DUDE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell ******* yeah he is.

Who the **** is that bad-ass to do what he did last night, i don't want to say specifically in case some one is reading this and hasn't watched it yet.

neverstoppers23

Just re-watched the episode, had to re-watch it. Not only for the crazy poision scene but the Walt Break down.

Also, I just noticed something that gives us a little tiny glimpse into Gus. Looking in the mirror after puking out the poision, wipes his face off, and puts his glasses on. Gives a half smile and walks away and opens door.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Have you guys figured out who Gus was from his home town?

neverstoppers23

What the hell do you mean? Give me a clue don't tell me.

neverstoppers23

wHoley ****, i thought last week was good. If last week was good, this week was pure great. ...

How they ended the episode to, the audio of just the simple heart beat, then the ended up them framing walt in the ground laying in dirt not moving. *******. Perfection.

Also** SPOILER***

Can they still cancel the check? They must know the guys numbers and such. It only has been about 12 hours and they just ups'd it out today. (well 'today' in their time line)
    Points Awarded:

eidolon gave neverstoppers23 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Ricki Roma
    Ricki Roma's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wanna grow up to be gustavo, hes my hero now

stikymess

Just finished this weeks show, man so good. Can't wait till next Sunday!

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

The last 2 eps were brilliant.

vyomguy

Cant wait to watch the remaining 2 episodes of this season...last 2 episodes were really good.

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

I'd rather it went 40 seasons and became the worst dogshit imaginable for decades on end.

Coach Potato

the last 5 minutes or so was some of the best tv i've ever seen.

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

I just wanted to ask a question to those that saw the last episode. In the scene near the end where walt is tied up and on his knees talking to gus in the desert, did anyone else notice some weird with the line where walt says "if you could kill me". Its kinda sound like mikes says that line and then walt fininshes the sentence. But maybe im just clutching at straws and walt was simply just usng a different tone in his voice or im looking for things that arent there because the shows so good and constantly surprising.

Check it out, scene starts at 37 minutes in:

http://www.megavideo.com/?d=IZA4NRM3
    Last edited by Coach Potato; 09-26-11 at 09:18 PM.

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge
    DDT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2338

I noticed that too Couch. I first thought that wasn't even Walt talking. Excellent episode.....best show on TV

1234 Last