7secondsOrLess
    7secondsOrLess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6678

OP is the dumbest fukin idiot ever

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    just because you take a lot of clutch shots doesnt mean you make a lot. just look at lebricks 1-for-9 this season with a chance to win or tie.

kobes misses didnt hurt the team from winning 5 championships, did it?

kobe doesnt make teammates better? who else has carried smush and kwame to the playoffs? not even jordan could do it with kwame. yet kobe had the lakers in 1st place (15 games over .500) with kwame at center when they traded for gasol.

pau gasol was a good player but wasnt tough or knew how to win. kobe taught him that. intangibles isnt about stats, even though gasol never got double digit rebounds with memphis as he has with lakers. plus his rebounding, defense and work ethic improved.

lebron had mo who was an all star the previous season, shaq who was an all star previous season, jamison who was having an all star season at 21ppg 9rpg, ilgauskas who was a 2 time all star, the underrated varejao who was a great defender and who was avg'd a double double this season.

you dont win 60+ games without great teammates, not even jordan could manage to win more than 40 without pippen.

meanwhile kobe had smush, kwame, odom, walton and mihm. 0 combined all star appearances. yet made the playoffs in back to back seasons. would lebron have? no because he had a similar bad cast his first two seasons and couldnt make the playoffs.

if you had $1,000,000 riding on a game and it came down to the final shot, who would you rather have shoot it, lebron or kobe? exactly.
    Ray Allen

Seriously though, depends on the situation. Less than 3 seconds left, and need a jumper? Kobe. Anything more, I would want Lebron, driving hard for a layup or pulling up for a short jumper

7secondsOrLess
    7secondsOrLess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6678

let me guess u had lakers last night huh moron

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by 7secondsOrLess View Post
    OP is the dumbest fukin idiot ever
    Great argument I really like how you provided a logical and well-thought out response

Pasadena69ers
    Pasadena69ers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Man, you Kobe haters are on fu@&ing crack! If Lebron was a Laker the same amount of time as Kobe with the exact same teammates and Phil he would have maybe about 3 rings, no more than that. I'm a Laker fan and in my opinion Kobe will never be the best ever, but don't be arguing all over this board about Lebron this and Lebron that..... Kobe has the it factor, the killer instinct Lebron dosent have and he sure has WAY bigger cojones than "The King"....... If my life was on the line I rather have Kobe jack up a 3 from half court than Lebron taking a 10 footer. When Kobe is gone and Lebron still hasnt won a thing, W T F are you Lebron Lovers gonna say? what? what? biotches....... you all probably still walk around with Lebron Cavalier jersey

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    just because you take a lot of clutch shots doesnt mean you make a lot. just look at lebricks 1-for-9 this season with a chance to win or tie.

kobes misses didnt hurt the team from winning 5 championships, did it?

1)regular season misses don't really matter

2)Kobe's clutch numbers are fukking awful in the playoffs (27%)

3)his numbers didn't hurt from winning 5 titles because he was on superstar laden teams that could carry his poor performance in clutch times

overall, neither his playoff nor his regular season numbers are anywhere near as good as Lebron or MJ

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Pasadena69ers View Post
    Man, you Kobe haters are on fu@&ing crack! If Lebron was a Laker the same amount of time as Kobe with the exact same teammates and Phil he would have maybe about 3 rings, no more than that. I'm a Laker fan and in my opinion Kobe will never be the best ever, but don't be arguing all over this board about Lebron this and Lebron that..... Kobe has the it factor, the killer instinct Lebron dosent have and he sure has WAY bigger cojones than "The King"....... If my life was on the line I rather have Kobe jack up a 3 from half court than Lebron taking a 10 footer. When Kobe is gone and Lebron still hasnt won a thing, W T F are you Lebron Lovers gonna say? what? what? biotches....... you all probably still walk around with Lebron Cavalier jersey

this is nothing more than your opinion

career clutch shots in regular season

kobe - 30%

career clutch shots in playoffs

kobe - 27%

do you realize that all facts and research indicate that Kobe is ridiculously overrated?

goddamn fukking kobe nuthuggers. Impossible to argue with them even when they have nothing to argue with (they just make up shit to make kobe look good)

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    he's not better than Shaq he's not better than Wilt he's not better than Lebron he's not better than MJ
    Keep telling yourself that. I'd list all the guys who Lebron is not better then, but it would take to long. Lebron will blow it in the end when it matters, like he always does. Everyone knows that.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't know how you can say he's overrated. He consistently wins titles and he's a large reason as to why the titles are won.

Tree Rollins

Like i said, the fact that you felt the need to create this thread and defend MJ's merits against Kobe's, says it all.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    I don't know how you can say he's overrated. He consistently wins titles and he's a large reason as to why the titles are won.

you can replace him with Wade, Lebron or really any other comparable superstar and they would win 5 (if not more) rings

he won those teams because he was on great teams with great coaches that performed well in the playoffs

Tree Rollins

Kobe isn't overrated or underrated. I think he's properly rated. The majority of knowledgeable basketball people put him in the top 5 to 10 of all time. And he's only 32. Still has a little time to add to the resume. He'll probably finish his career as top 3 of all time, which will be just about right.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    Kobe isn't overrated or underrated. I think he's properly rated. The majority of knowledgeable basketball people put him in the top 5 to 10 of all time. And he's only 32. Still has a little time to add to the resume. He'll probably finish his career as top 3 of all time, which will be just about right.

both Wade and Lebron are better in every way to Kobe

better scorers
    more efficient
    better rebounders and passers

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    He was only the #1 option for 2 of those 5 championships... he owes Shaq big time for the first 3

And to the guy saying he'll be top 3 all time- that's a HUUGE stretch, unless he leads the league in scoring a few more years and leads his team to 2 or 3 more rings.

MJ, Magic, Bird, Russell, Kareem, Wilt, Shaq are all significantly ahead of Kobe IMO

Outlawdino
    Outlawdino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Shaq is tost overrated ever

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

This puts it all in prospective

Pasadena69ers
    Pasadena69ers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yo!! you Kobe Haters obviously work for the BCS and show no love for West coast basketball 'cause your fat lazy asses pass out by 9. Yes, Kobe dosent have the best numbers because he can be a ball hog and jack up shot after shot after shot but dude is cold blooded. He can go 5 for 23 but that 4th and 5th shot be game changers and or winners. Kobe also defends, something Lebron hardly does and when he does he's not doing it against guys his own size. Not counting the last 2 or 3 season were the East has been competitive, Kobe and yes the Lakers have face WAY better competition than Lebron and yes the Cavaliers have in order to win rings..... and if it wasnt for Shaq's selfish big fat ass we could be talking about Kobe wearing Rings on both hands....

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Pasadena69ers View Post
    Yo!! you Kobe Haters obviously work for the BCS and show no love for West coast basketball 'cause your fat lazy asses pass out by 9. Yes, Kobe dosent have the best numbers because he can be a ball hog and jack up shot after shot after shot but dude is cold blooded. He can go 5 for 23 but that 4th and 5th shot be game changers and or winners. Kobe also defends, something Lebron hardly does and when he does he's not doing it against guys his own size. Not counting the last 2 or 3 season were the East has been competitive, Kobe and yes the Lakers have face WAY better competition than Lebron and yes the Cavaliers have in order to win rings..... and if it wasnt for Shaq's selfish big fat ass we could be talking about Kobe wearing Rings on both hands....

so much ignorance in one post

1)Kobe's career clutch numbers are fukking awful

godsakes you stupid kobe nuthuggers, stop claiming he is clutch when all research shows that he's one of the least clutch superstars ever

2)LOL @ lebron not defending. He's 1st team all nba defense nearly every year

3)Lebron generally gets more difficult defensive challenge than Kobe because he guards sometimes power forwards all the way to small point guards like D rose

kobefanatic
    kobefanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5086

williams22 is that you or your same sex partner? don't want to sound like a sexist

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by kobefanatic View Post
    williams22 is that you or your same sex partner? don't want to sound like a sexist

I'm a huge bulls fan

don't give a shit about Wade Lebron or Kobe

honest objective view on this stuff is that Wade and Lebron are both significantly better than Kobe

Tree Rollins

I forgot about williams22. That toolbag flamed out pretty quickly. Guess he's back for another run.

slimstevie
    slimstevie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 294

this thread is so stupid. Saying Kobe is overrated is like saying (in the beginning of the season) the cavs are gonna win the title this year. its just non sense.

kobefanatic

I'm a huge bulls fan

don't give a shit about Wade Lebron or Kobe

honest objective view on this stuff is that Wade and Lebron are both significantly better than Kobe
    ok you won't talk about your team's star?

kobefanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    I forgot about williams22. That toolbag flamed out pretty quickly. Guess he's back for another run.
    his new name is TheThreeKings now, but haven't been posting under that name, not sure about which name now though

slimstevie

also Lebum doesnt give a shit about winning titles

you might think he does but what he says and the way he acts says otherwise

i watched an interview with him a while back and he said his goal in life was to be a billionaire and a global icon. no mention of winning titles and being the best bball player ever or of his era.

he quit in the playoffs
    he holds press conference to take his talents to south beach
    he calls himself the king when he hasnt won anything.

you can say all u want about lebum but when he retires and you look back at his career you will see the way he acts is a joke and he is simply a scoresheet stuffer

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by slimstevie View Post
    also Lebum doesnt give a shit about winning titles you might think he does but what he says and the way he acts says otherwise i watched an interview with him a while back and he said his goal in life was to be a billionaire and a global icon. no mention of winning titles and being the best bball player ever or of his era. he quit in the playoffs he holds press conference to take his talents to south beach he calls himself the king when he hasnt won anything. you can say all u want about lebum but when he retires and you look back at his career you will see the way he acts is a joke and he is simply a scoresheet stuffer
    dude, that makes NO SENSE. y would lebron NOT want to win a title????????????
    if he wanted to be a billionaire, wouldnt winning a title would get him more money opportunities ??

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

dont feed this brahma troll, close this thread

STAY STRONG
    STAY STRONG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Going to eat 4 carne asada tacos from King Taco now.

slimstevie

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    dude, that makes NO SENSE. y would lebron NOT want to win a title????????????
    if he wanted to be a billionaire, wouldnt winning a title would get him more money opportunities ??

he doesnt need to win titles to make more money

money is being thrown at him now. he is being given a shit load of money through contracts and endorsments AND HE HASNT WON ANYTHING

if people would tell him, no title no money then he would want to win titles

he wants to be a global icon, a larger than life figure. he doesnt need to win titles to do that

i dont remember where i saw that interview with him where he said all that but its not what he said its how he said it. he doesnt care about winning titles, he just wants to make billions which is probably due to the morons he surrounds himself with and listens to

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Im a Lebron fan and a Kobe fan. Kobe is not overrated. After Shaq left it became Kobe's team. Kobe Bryant leads with example every time he goes out there. I know you have "clutch: stats but what Kobe does Mentally and physically both on and off the court is testament to why he is soooooooo gooooooooooood. I know Shaq gave him his first three rings and he couldn't have gotten the other two without PAO! but the Lakers couldn't have done it without Kobe either. [Lebron James will win his first title this year with the Heat and repeat ]

Raiderpug
    Raiderpug's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kobe will get #7 and Jordan will

oldscho0led
    home dogs
    oldscho0led's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5503

better scorers
    more efficient
    would SBR PLEASE close this thread now...its fackin annoying...this guy fackin post these then post another thread about AI, and will post anything stupid again the next time...

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

I hate Kobe too but it doesn't mean hes not a top 3 player in the league...

this thread

Qtip
    Qtip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 176

better scorers
    more efficient
    He just has more rings than them are their team combined rofl. MJ in his prime was better than kobe in his prime, that is true. But Lebron and Wade are B-listers compared to those two. Lebron is has had some great regular seasons though, LAWL.

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by Qtip View Post
    He just has more rings than them are their team combined rofl. MJ in his prime was better than kobe in his prime, that is true. But Lebron and Wade are B-listers compared to those two. Lebron is has had some great regular seasons though, LAWL.
    So Bill Russell is the greatest player ever, right? That works for me... I'm a Celtics fan

First ... 345678 Last