crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

didnt lebrick shoot 3-15fg vs these same celtics last playoffs? oh and 2-18fg vs them in 2008 playoffs.

and it wasnt lebrick who led the cavs to the finals. it was rookie daniel gibson who scored 31 and made 4 consecutive 3s to put the pistons away while lebrick was choking as usual, 3-11fg.

although you're an idiot when it comes to kobe, you are correct about bill russell.

the most overrated "legend" in history:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...ted-nba-legend

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    didnt lebrick shoot 3-15fg vs these same celtics last playoffs? oh and 2-18fg vs them in 2008 playoffs.

and it wasnt lebrick who led the cavs to the finals. it was rookie daniel gibson who scored 31 and made 4 consecutive 3s to put the pistons away while lebrick was choking as usual, 3-11fg.

although you're an idiot when it comes to kobe, you are correct about bill russell.

the most overrated "legend" in history:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...ted-nba-legend
    Bleacher report? Lol

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...er-of-all-time

Bill Russell is without question top 5 all time. Its crazy to put him any worse than that.

Brb being the greatest defender ever
    Brb being the greatest leader ever
    Brb being the greatest winner ever
    Brb being 1 of the smartest players ever
    Brb being the best passing big man ever
    Brb being undersized for a center, yet still dominating

Only MJ has a clear-cut argument at being a better player

kobefanatic
    kobefanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5086

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    Don't call me "brah" you spammer. You write a stupid post dissing one of the greatest talents of all time and spewing your nonsense and on top of it talk about some ghetto kid from Ohio who hasn't even matured yet and hasn't even ONE ring yet as being in the same league as the Mamba....please you are out of your little feeble 14 year old mind.

Go away you ghost....
    who's ghost is this anyway? brahmahbullz?

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    Brb being the greatest leader ever
    Brb being the greatest winner ever
    Brb being 1 of the smartest players ever
    this is all opinion here

fact: Russell was an average offensive player

15 ppg on 44% shooting is terrible...especially for a big man on extremely talented teams

if he shot 60% from the field but only scored 15 cause the team had a lot of options around him, you would have a point. But he was not an efficient or dominating offensive player

a guy cannot be top 5 just because of defense alone. Otherwise, Bruce Bowen should be one of the top 10 GOATs because he was the best wing defender I have ever seen

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    Don't call me "brah" you spammer. You write a stupid post dissing one of the greatest talents of all time and spewing your nonsense and on top of it talk about some ghetto kid from Ohio who hasn't even matured yet and hasn't even ONE ring yet as being in the same league as the Mamba....please you are out of your little feeble 14 year old mind.

Go away you ghost....

I just wanna know how Kobe is in the same league as MJ and Lebron

Lebron is better than Kobe in nearly every area (scoring, finishing, efficiency, passing, rebounding)
    Jordan is better than Kobe in every area except for midrange shooting

both players have vastly superior playoff numbers

and rings don't mean shit to me, Lebron has played on very average teams his whole career

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    this is all opinion here fact: Russell was an average offensive player 15 ppg on 44% shooting is terrible...especially for a big man on extremely talented teams if he shot 60% from the field but only scored 15 cause the team had a lot of options around him, you would have a point. But he was not an efficient or dominating offensive player a guy cannot be top 5 just because of defense alone. Otherwise, Bruce Bowen should be one of the top 10 GOATs because he was the best wing defender I have ever seen
    you cannot compare era offensively... theres to many variables... i'll take a great defensive player over these teams today.... u'd rather the suns/knicks score 200 give up 202

i'll take my chances with the celtics score 75 give up 70

rsnnh12

this is all opinion here

fact: Russell was an average offensive player

15 ppg on 44% shooting is terrible...especially for a big man on extremely talented teams

if he shot 60% from the field but only scored 15 cause the team had a lot of options around him, you would have a point. But he was not an efficient or dominating offensive player

a guy cannot be top 5 just because of defense alone. Otherwise, Bruce Bowen should be one of the top 10 GOATs because he was the best wing defender I have ever seen
    You do realize scoring isn't the only aspect of offense, right?

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    you cannot compare era offensively... theres to many variables... i'll take a great defensive player over these teams today.... u'd rather the suns/knicks score 200 give up 202

i'll take my chances with the celtics score 75 give up 70

yea but guys like Lebron and MJ were/are great on defensive and offensive ends

I mean claiming a guy is top 5 on defense alone is asinine. What's next, Bruce Bowen is one of the GOATs??

brahmabull117

You do realize scoring isn't the only aspect of offense, right?

dude stop pulling bullcrap

you're not gonna claim his 4 assists make up for his mediocre offensive production and efficiency

for how few shots he took and how great his teams were, Russell should have shot 60% from the field, not 44

rsnnh12

dude stop pulling bullcrap

you're not gonna claim his 4 assists make up for his mediocre offensive production and efficiency

for how few shots he took and how great his teams were, Russell should have shot 60% from the field, not 44
    Seriously, do some reading about those 60s Celtics teams. Plenty of books/lengthy articles about them. Points per game/FG% don't show his impact. Russell basically ran that team, as a center. 2nd most assists on the team, as a center.

And don't forget, he was going up against guys who were bigger than he was.

He could've put up the stats if he really wanted to, but it would've hurt the team overall. How many superstars sacrifice stats for the greater good? Very very few

ebbearsfb1

yea but guys like Lebron and MJ were/are great on defensive and offensive ends I mean claiming a guy is top 5 on defense alone is asinine. What's next, Bruce Bowen is one of the GOATs??
    you always bring up lebron in the same breathe as mj and thats stupid

kobe is better than lebron get over it... how come u didnt mentioned kobe averaged 35.4 a game 05-06??

dont see lebron doing that

kobes ppg are lower cause his first 2 years in the league he averaged 7 points and 15 points

for ur playoff stats you didnt mention lebron plays 43.5 compared to kobes 39.4 minutes

so lebron scoring 29 compared to kobes 25.. should be the case

lebron career playoff percent is barely 1% higher and hes played in far less games, and he dunks 10x more than kobe

kobe 3 point % is higher in the playoffs, free throwing shooting is better

ebbearsfb1

btw lebrons career year was 31.4 points

kobe twice went over that 05-06 35.4 06-07 31.6

kobefanatic

just face it guys, he is the newfound partner of williams22/TheThreeKings

kobefanatic

LEBRON IS GOOD AT EVERYTHING FOR THEM, EVEN WHEN HE FARTS, IT WILL SMELL GOOD LIKE PERFUME
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6CWVkPhzRw

brahmabull117

btw lebrons career year was 31.4 points

kobe twice went over that 05-06 35.4 06-07 31.6

dude ur whole argument is retarded

1)Lebron has scored more in the playoffs despite constantly facing double and triple teams cause his supporting cast was garbage. Kobe has consistently had one of the best big men in the league throughout his playoff career

2)Lebron does way way more in terms of rebounding and passing. Why the fukk do you Kobe nuthuggers avoid this simple fact??

not only does Lebron score more on less shots, he actually passes and rebounds a ton as well, this is huge in terms of team contribution

3)only reason Kobe scored 35 is cause he took 28 shots a game. Lebron would score 40 if he took 28 shots a game

4)Lebron has also been way more clutch in the playoffs

he's 5-9 on last seond clutch shots compared to 6/22 for kobe

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by kobefanatic View Post
    LEBRON IS GOOD AT EVERYTHING FOR THEM, EVEN WHEN HE FARTS, IT WILL SMELL GOOD LIKE PERFUME
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6CWVkPhzRw

again, I'm a bulls fan

I don't give a shit about Lebron or Kobe

but Kobe nuthuggers who claim that Kobe is better when he's inferior to Lebron in EVERY IMAGINEABLE WAY (scoring, passing, rebounding) are fukking retarded

kobefanatic

again, I'm a bulls fan

I don't give a shit about Lebron or Kobe

but Kobe nuthuggers who claim that Kobe is better when he's inferior to Lebron in EVERY IMAGINEABLE WAY (scoring, passing, rebounding) are fukking retarded
    who started a thread about kobe now? is it the kobe nuthuggers? kobe is a better scorer than lebron, what moves does kobe have, that lebron doesn't even have? can lebron do some post up moves? like back his way down to the basket, instead of just CHARGING his way in it to draw the foul, his body is built like a tank + his amazing athleticisim that's why he is able to do that, but once his body starts to break down, i don't think he will be able to do the same stuffs again, kobe has a better jumpshot and 3 point shooting than lebron, lebron has a higher FG% because he DRIVES to the paint more, either he dunks it or just lays in to the hoop

passing, both are equally adept at passing, it's just kobe has a much more scorer's mentality than lebron, and it's their system that doesn't give out more assists, kobe plays with a scorer's mentality, lebron plays with a point forward a la magic johnson

rebounding- lebron is bigger, more athletic that's why he crashes the board more, and snatches rebound from his own bigs as well,

ebbearsfb1

dude ur whole argument is retarded 1)Lebron has scored more in the playoffs despite constantly facing double and triple teams cause his supporting cast was garbage. Kobe has consistently had one of the best big men in the league throughout his playoff career 2)Lebron does way way more in terms of rebounding and passing. Why the fukk do you Kobe nuthuggers avoid this simple fact?? not only does Lebron score more on less shots, he actually passes and rebounds a ton as well, this is huge in terms of team contribution 3)only reason Kobe scored 35 is cause he took 28 shots a game. Lebron would score 40 if he took 28 shots a game 4)Lebron has also been way more clutch in the playoffs he's 5-9 on last seond clutch shots compared to 6/22 for kobe
    lol you say kobes overrated but im the retart

who was kobes big man in 05-06, and 06-07?

1) kobe has faced far tougher competition in the west than lechoke in the east

2) not denying lebron rebounds or passes more than kobe... he passes cause he passes on big shots.

lebron should be a better rebounder hes got the size on kobe... and kobe has never been asked to rebound

3) kobe shot 45% the year he averaged 35 a game .

4) heat this year were 1 for 18 shooting last 10 seconds of game 3 point or less..

lebron was 1 for 7...

lechoke is overrated,, have you not watched the bricks he throws up end of games

ebbearsfb1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDHS0zLRa8s

thats just this year

still you have not answered this where was lebron last year in the playoffs when he quit on his team?

rsnnh12

lol you say kobes overrated but im the retart

who was kobes big man in 05-06, and 06-07?

1) kobe has faced far tougher competition in the west than lechoke in the east

2) not denying lebron rebounds or passes more than kobe... he passes cause he passes on big shots.

lebron should be a better rebounder hes got the size on kobe... and kobe has never been asked to rebound

3) kobe shot 45% the year he averaged 35 a game .

4) heat this year were 1 for 18 shooting last 10 seconds of game 3 point or less..

lebron was 1 for 7...

lechoke is overrated,, have you not watched the bricks he throws up end of games
    Kobe fans shouldn't bring up bricks at the end of games... Kobe is 6/21 in playoffs for game-winning/tying shots (30ish%)

Just saying

brahmabull117

who started a thread about kobe now? is it the kobe nuthuggers? kobe is a better scorer than lebron, what moves does kobe have, that lebron doesn't even have? can lebron do some post up moves? like back his way down to the basket, instead of just CHARGING his way in it to draw the foul, his body is built like a tank + his amazing athleticisim that's why he is able to do that, but once his body starts to break down, i don't think he will be able to do the same stuffs again, kobe has a better jumpshot and 3 point shooting than lebron, lebron has a higher FG% because he DRIVES to the paint more, either he dunks it or just lays in to the hoop

1)the fact that Lebron is a vastly superior athlete doesn't somehow excuse kobe's inferior numbers. The fact is that one of the reasons that Lebron is a much more effective player than Kobe is because he's built like a tank, runs like a cheetah and has a monster vertical

you don't get points in this league for having a "pretty game". Give me Lebron's bullrush to the hoop over Kobe's double clutch reverse fadeaway any day of the week. Why?? the bullrush is a more effective basketball play because it goes in more often and often results in an offensive rebound because Lebron attracts so much attention in the paint

2)Kobe is a better scorer? Lebron averages 3 more points per game on 2-3 percent better shooting in his career. Give me a fukking break!

Lebron would average 40 points per game if he was more selfish. Last 2 seasons Lebron's true shooting percentage has been about 53-55% (incredible number for a guard)

3)their 3 point shooting percentages are identical dude. Hell even their midrange shooting % is about the same.

passing, both are equally adept at passing, it's just kobe has a much more scorer's mentality than lebron, and it's their system that doesn't give out more assists, kobe plays with a scorer's mentality, lebron plays with a point forward a la magic johnson
    this is just straight retarded

Lebron's court vision shits all over Kobe's court vision

you can't sit there and claim that they're equally good at passing when Lebron is averaging like 3 more assists per game

rebounding- lebron is bigger, more athletic that's why he crashes the board more, and snatches rebound from his own bigs as well,
    so what? he is still getting those big rebounds which make a huge difference in the long run of a game

this is not a game of "which player does the most with his natural talent"

this is a game of "who is the most effective player"

Lebron is a much better athlete than Kobe and that shows up in rebounding
    Last edited by brahmabull117; 03-26-11 at 11:53 PM.

ebbearsfb1

no matter what anyway one says you'll hate on kobe.... think the reason your hating on kobe is cause people are comparing him to mj...

and the only thing that lebrons is getting compared to his mjs sock

ebbearsfb1

do you even want to bring up the hype that lebron came in the league with compared to kobe?

kobe had 3 titles already compared to lebron at this point in his career... lebron jumped ship cause he couldnt handle being the man

brahmabull117

no matter what anyway one says you'll hate on kobe.... think the reason your hating on kobe is cause people are comparing him to mj... and the only thing that lebrons is getting compared to his mjs sock

I get mad because Kobe is basically a good but not great top 10 player who gets compared to an immortal (MJ) when he has NEVER been as dominant or as efficient as MJ

people just slobber on Kobe's dick because he happened to be on 5 fantastic teams and won 5 rings. He never dominated the playoffs like Jordan did (who averaged an incredible 34 points per game in the playoffs)

I don't mind Lebron to MJ comparison because Lebron is a once in a generation talent. He's the greatest pure athlete to ever play the position and a hybrid of MJ and Magic Johnson in his skillset

Lebron to MJ comparisons are reasonable because Lebron was a better passer and rebounder than Jordan but not as good of a dominant offensive force

Kobe is not close in any area to either player
    Last edited by brahmabull117; 03-27-11 at 12:02 AM.

brahmabull117

do you even want to bring up the hype that lebron came in the league with compared to kobe?

kobe had 3 titles already compared to lebron at this point in his career... lebron jumped ship cause he couldnt handle being the man

stop fukking bringing up team accomplishments

Kobe played with the 2nd greatest big man of all time and the greatest coach of all time to get his 3 rings

look at individual performance, not team accomplishments

rsnnh12

stop fukking bringing up team accomplishments

Kobe played with the 2nd greatest big man of all time and the greatest coach of all time to get his 3 rings

look at individual performance, not team accomplishments
    You were doing so well, too

Phil is not the GOAT. In fact, he wouldn't have been top 10 if it wasn't for Tex Winter and his triangle offense... look who Phil had at his side in Chi-town and LA, and you'll see the real reason Phil has all those rings. Phil is the GOAT ego-manager, but not the best coach

ebbearsfb1

Guess basketball is no longer a team sport, done with this thread, lechoke won't win again this year, but he's getting compared to mj that's insane but good luck with that logic. So according to u mj shouldn't be considered as great as he is either... he had the same coach as kobe... the greatest rebounder of all time the best wingman ... that doesn't count though?

brahmabull117

You were doing so well, too

Phil is not the GOAT. In fact, he wouldn't have been top 10 if it wasn't for Tex Winter and his triangle offense... look who Phil had at his side in Chi-town and LA, and you'll see the real reason Phil has all those rings. Phil is the GOAT ego-manager, but not the best coach

well one of the greatest in any case

Kobe nuthugging drives me nuts the same way that Brady nuthugging drove me nuts in early 2000s when he was basically a game manager who won because he was on great teams with great coaches (since then, Brady has obviously developed into one of the GOAT)

people just go gaga over championships even if the individual performance doesn't warrantee the praise

brahmabull117

Guess basketball is no longer a team sport, done with this thread, lechoke won't win again this year, but he's getting compared to mj that's insane but good luck with that logic. So according to u mj shouldn't be considered as great as he is either... he had the same coach as kobe... the greatest rebounder of all time the best wingman ... that doesn't count though?
    what does Kobe do to really make his teammates better??

he's a very average passer and a lot of his missed shots are midrange shots which don't allow for offensive rebounding chances

Lebron attracts so much attention on his drives to the hoop that it often leads to putback chances for his team's bigs

rsnnh12

well one of the greatest in any case

Kobe nuthugging drives me nuts the same way that Brady nuthugging drove me nuts in early 2000s when he was basically a game manager who won because he was on great teams with great coaches (since then, Brady has obviously developed into one of the GOAT)

people just go gaga over championships even if the individual performance doesn't warrantee the praise
    That's fair enough. I'm a HUGE Brady/Pats/Boston fan (as you know), and I can definitely admit Brady was a game manager his first few years. And I agree, he's turned into an all-time great since then. Overall team talent has gone down, yet quality of play has gone up (granted, they haven't won a ring in a while). Hopefully he gets 1-2 more before he retires, to cement him as a top 2 all time.

And yes, Phil is top 3 all time, because his mind games are fuking amazing. I'd take Red any day over him, but Phil is damn good

kobefanatic

1)the fact that Lebron is a vastly superior athlete doesn't somehow excuse kobe's inferior numbers. The fact is that one of the reasons that Lebron is a much more effective player than Kobe is because he's built like a tank, runs like a cheetah and has a monster vertical

you don't get points in this league for having a "pretty game". Give me Lebron's bullrush to the hoop over Kobe's double clutch reverse fadeaway any day of the week. Why?? the bullrush is a more effective basketball play because it goes in more often and often results in an offensive rebound because Lebron attracts so much attention in the paint

2)Kobe is a better scorer? Lebron averages 3 more points per game on 2-3 percent better shooting in his career. Give me a fukking break!

Lebron would average 40 points per game if he was more selfish. Last 2 seasons Lebron's true shooting percentage has been about 53-55% (incredible number for a guard)

3)their 3 point shooting percentages are identical dude. Hell even their midrange shooting % is about the same.

this is just straight retarded

Lebron's court vision shits all over Kobe's court vision

you can't sit there and claim that they're equally good at passing when Lebron is averaging like 3 more assists per game

so what? he is still getting those big rebounds which make a huge difference in the long run of a game

this is not a game of "which player does the most with his natural talent"

this is a game of "who is the most effective player"

Lebron is a much better athlete than Kobe and that shows up in rebounding
    wow bulldoze penetration is such a good move, his FG is higher is because majority of his shots are by dunk or layups, kobe doesn't even drive it in the paint anymore, a lot of his shots are jumpers at least 60% of his attempts, kobe won't drive iit too much because he is already in his 15th year and lots of mileage already

lebron has court vision that shits on kobe? kobe can pass as well if he chooses to, but he isn't the designated facilitator, look at how kobe and shaq combo in the 00's, will it be effective if kobe was a poor passer? triangle offense doesn;t generate much assist

kobefanatic

let's just wait and see how effective lebron will be once he doesn't have the same athleticisim anymore

brahmabull117

wow bulldoze penetration is such a good move, his FG is higher is because majority of his shots are by dunk or layups, kobe doesn't even drive it in the paint anymore, a lot of his shots are jumpers at least 60% of his attempts, kobe won't drive iit too much because he is already in his 15th year and lots of mileage already

this is basketball dude

it's about being the most EFFECTIVE player, not the most appealing to the eye

Lebron's bullrush is the best play there is because

1)it attracts a ton of attention which leads to easy kickout threes and open layups for teammates

2)it goes in a very high percentage of the time

3)even when it misses, it leads to free throws or putback chances for teammates a lot of times

and the fact that kobe is a jumpshooter doesn't help his case. That's part of the reason why he doesn't get as many assists because he doesn't penetrate nearly as well as lebron does

on a pure scientific basketball level, Lebron is by far the most dominant nba player

kobefanatic

this is basketball dude

it's about being the most EFFECTIVE player, not the most appealing to the eye

Lebron's bullrush is the best play there is because

1)it attracts a ton of attention which leads to easy kickout threes and open layups for teammates

2)it goes in a very high percentage of the time

3)even when it misses, it leads to free throws or putback chances for teammates a lot of times

and the fact that kobe is a jumpshooter doesn't help his case. That's part of the reason why he doesn't get as many assists because he doesn't penetrate nearly as well as lebron does

on a pure scientific basketball level, Lebron is by far the most dominant nba player
    don't you think that kind of play is a VERY risky one?

him being a jumpshooter now is just to prolong his career, driving inside a lot for a player with his mileage is just dumb

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

seriously

people put this guy on the same list as MJ and its ridiculous. MJ scored more at a much higher efficiency, was a better rebounder and a better passer. There's literally nothing that Kobe was better than Jordan (except maybe the midrange jumper)

I know everybody loves championships but reality is that Kobe won 5 rings because he played on 5 of the best teams of the entire decade.

Compare Jordan's playoff numbers to Kobe and the comparison is laughable. Hell compare Lebron's playoff # to Kobe and there's a massive difference

First 123456 ... Last