Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Who are you talking about? Doc?
    yes doc

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Their all young coaches in the league, are you going by their records so far?
    So you can't be a bad coach if you're young and inexperienced?

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Before the big three came along, Doc had never won a single playoff series, had been fired from a previous job, and was 24-58 in his second season in Boston -- an eight game decline from the year before.
    I think Doc is one of the best coaches in the league, dont know why people tend to think he sucks, Id only take Popovich off the top of my head over him personally.

MidgetTossers
    MidgetTossers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1501

Before the big three came along, Doc had never won a single playoff series, had been fired from a previous job, and was 24-58 in his second season in Boston -- an eight game decline from the year before.
    im talking about with orlando his first job..made the playoffs 3 out of his first 4 years and actually made the playoffs his first year with boston

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

So you can't be a bad coach if you're young and inexperienced?
    Sure you can, just was wondering if you were solely going by their records.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by MidgetTossers View Post
    im talking about with orlando his first job..made the playoffs 3 out of his first 4 years and actually made the playoffs his first year with boston
    But he was fired in his fifth season at Orlando (no playoff series wins), then went to Boston and went from 45 to 33 to 24 wins.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Sure you can, just was wondering if you were solely going by their records.
    I'm just going by what I see watching games.

MidgetTossers
    MidgetTossers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1501

But he was fired in his fifth season at Orlando (no playoff series wins), then went to Boston and went from 45 to 33 to 24 wins.
    i know that but u said he went through 8 failed seasons before things got better..thats not true..i think getting to the playoffs win or lose is a success not a failure and he only missed the playoffs in 4 of his 12 seasons as a coach

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by MidgetTossers View Post
    i know that but u said he went through 8 failed seasons before things got better..thats not true..i think getting to the playoffs win or lose is a success not a failure and he only missed the playoffs in 4 of his 12 seasons as a coach
    I said often times failed -- didn't say they were all failed years, but a lot of them were.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

I didnt see you mention Monty Williams, that team is night and day without Paul, thus you need good players, nobody wins without them.

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol, Doc Rivers is good?

when he had no talent he was 40 games below .500. then he gets 4 All-Stars.... and, oh my, he's an NBA mastermind.

how good would Spillstra be w/o Lebron and Wade? seriously, answer me that. you put 90% of NBA coaches with that team.. and they're still an elite team.

Spillstra don't mean shit.

in the nba if you got the horses, you can compete for the ultimate prize

and don't get me started on Mark Jackson. Mark Jackson? I mean, who really makes these decisions to hire a guy who has never coached before, give him a million dollar salary and the keys to your 300 million dollar business? wtf?

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Quote Originally Posted by baskets View Post
    who really makes these decisions to hire a guy who has never coached before, give him a million dollar salary and the keys to your 300 million dollar business? wtf?
    good point, the owner made a horrible decision. mark jackson is so bad.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

there are plenty of bad black coaches but there are plenty of good ones as well. same goes for the white coaches....plenty of good and plenty of bad ones.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

lol, Doc Rivers is good?

when he had no talent he was 40 games below .500. then he gets 4 All-Stars.... and, oh my, he's an NBA mastermind.

how good would Spillstra be w/o Lebron and Wade? seriously, answer me that. you put 90% of NBA coaches with that team.. and they're still an elite team.

Spillstra don't mean shit.

in the nba if you got the horses, you can compete for the ultimate prize

and don't get me started on Mark Jackson. Mark Jackson? I mean, who really makes these decisions to hire a guy who has never coached before, give him a million dollar salary and the keys to your 300 million dollar business? wtf?
    How is Rivers bad?

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

well, as I recall everybody and their mother wanted to dump his ass when he was 15-55 or whatever he was.

the question should be: what makes him good?

is it because he has rapport with the players and they respect him? that's pretty much what Doc has. you give him a pinto, then he'll drive around the city in a pinto. you give him a limo, then he'll cruise around the city and everybody will look at him

that's all that happened. he got dealt a great hand after having shit cards... and BANG! he's an "elite" coach

and yes, black coaches are terrible.

and this was a stupid ass comment:

there are plenty of bad black coaches but there are plenty of good ones as well. same goes for the white coaches....plenty of good and plenty of bad ones.

it's like saying there are plenty of good white guys in the nba and plenty of bad white guys in the nba. gtfo. the brothers throw it down b/c dass wot dey do!!! they aren't 90% of the nba due to work ethic and all that other bs.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

well, as I recall everybody and their mother wanted to dump his ass when he was 15-55 or whatever he was.

the question should be: what makes him good?

is it because he has rapport with the players and they respect him? that's pretty much what Doc has. you give him a pinto, then he'll drive around the city in a pinto. you give him a limo, then he'll cruise around the city and everybody will look at him

that's all that happened. he got dealt a great hand after having shit cards... and BANG! he's an "elite" coach

and yes, black coaches are terrible.

and this was a stupid ass comment:

it's like saying there are plenty of good white guys in the nba and plenty of bad white guys in the nba. gtfo. the brothers throw it down b/c dass wot dey do!!! they aren't 90% of the nba due to work ethic and all that other bs.
    You said all that and didnt answer the question. Regardless of what the trade brought, they were pretty old, all had lost steps and nobody expected them to do what they did. If they didnt buy into every word Doc said their would have been no ring and no 66 win regular season, 6 wins off the record. He got that team to play over their head offensively and over thier head defensively.
    Last edited by BernardMadoff; 03-03-12 at 01:12 AM.

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Vinny Del Negro is the worst coach in the league. Clippers only have white coaches.

Second worst, arguably, is Mike D'Antonio, although he's been shown a lot of grace for finding/exploiting Lin. (We'll see how good Lin is next year, right now, everything is going for him).

The only coach I'd agree with is the coach for the Bobcats, they are AWFUL.

PS3
    Keyser Soze
    PS3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2795

Vinny Del NEGRO.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

larry brown may have been the best coach if ur criteria is winning with garbage

First 1234