str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68581

Quote Originally Posted by mrginandtonic View Post
    Thanks EZ, thought I would give it another try with this thread.
    Please, Don't ever give up this thread.

I love reading it.

Keep up the good work Mr.GandT .

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4536

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    Please, Don't ever give up this thread.

I love reading it.

Keep up the good work Mr.GandT .
    Thank you, STR. That means a lot to me. Thank you again, sir. I will do my best.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Get work

Welcome back

mrginandtonic

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Get work

Welcome back
    Thank you sir, hope I can make a contribution.

mrginandtonic

It has been a while since I last post on this thread. Today, looks like a good day to revive it. DRF experts likes the 6- Fernanada and 10- Kitten’s Covergirl. 10 is scratched. Like the 10 initially but now I think I’m gonna go with the 5- Monte Crista (ML 9-2). Don’t really like the two Chas Brown horses. Do like the 1- Quaff (ML 20-1), but she just broke maiden so gonna put underneath. I think the pace should set up right for the 5.

$5 WP 5- Monte Crista (ML 9-2) winner, paid $25.50 and $11.50
    $2 EX 5/1, 4 Ex 5/4 win, paid $37.00

GL all.
    Amount wagered: $14.00
    Amount returned: $74.00

mrginandtonic

DRF Race of the Day, The Travers at Saratoga going 1 1/4 on dirt.

This is a very interesting race.* Without Justify, the rest of this 3yo crop looks very similar and I think anyone of these can win it on their best day.* With that said, I will try to look for some value for this race.* The 9- Good Magic is the morning line favorite at 2-1.* Then, it’s the 3- Gronkowski at 4-1. I think both of these will be over bet and I won't be taking a short price on a race that I believe will be wide opened.* I believe the key to this race is who can do this classic distance.* I think there will be pace, but not suicidal fractions. * With a predicted moderate pace, the closers will be compromised. So gonna try to find one that is up close to the pace which leads to the horse that is in my stable, 7- King Zachary (ML 15-1). I am going to give him another shot. Don’t know what happened in the Indiana Derby, he just didn’t fire. Gonna draw a line cross his last performance and hope he can run back to his race. He should run better with the added distance based on his pedigree. He should be up close enough to get first run turning for home. Hopefully, he can rebound from his last performance and give a much better effort.

The other one that I am going to a shot at is the 11- Catholic Boy (ML 8-1). He hasn’t done well on dirt but I am going to make it another try (his pedigree suggests that dirt should not be a problem). I think Castellano has him figure out. He should be outside sitting off the inside front runners (I think) and should be in good position turn for home.

$5 WP 7- King Zachary (ML 15-1) and 11- Catholic Boy (ML 8-1)
    $2 EX 7, 11/ 4, 7, 9, 11

As always, comments and suggestions are always welcome. GL all.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3376

GL Mr. G&T. Taking a shot with Tenfold here. Has the pedigree to get the distance. Should be forwardly placed. He is 15/1 16 out. Think the trainer of the 7 said he bled in Indiana Derby.

Easy-Rider 66

Nice call the 11 in an open length score.

mrginandtonic

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Nice call the 11 in an open length score.
    Thanks, EZ, stupid Mendelssohn got in the way of my exacta and trifecta!! Oh well, what can you do?

mrginandtonic

DRF Race of the Day, The Travers at Saratoga going 1 1/4 on dirt.

This is a very interesting race.* Without Justify, the rest of this 3yo crop looks very similar and I think anyone of these can win it on their best day.* With that said, I will try to look for some value for this race.* The 9- Good Magic is the morning line favorite at 2-1.* Then, it’s the 3- Gronkowski at 4-1. I think both of these will be over bet and I won't be taking a short price on a race that I believe will be wide opened.* I believe the key to this race is who can do this classic distance.* I think there will be pace, but not suicidal fractions. * With a predicted moderate pace, the closers will be compromised. So gonna try to find one that is up close to the pace which leads to the horse that is in my stable, 7- King Zachary (ML 15-1). I am going to give him another shot. Don’t know what happened in the Indiana Derby, he just didn’t fire. Gonna draw a line cross his last performance and hope he can run back to his race. He should run better with the added distance based on his pedigree. He should be up close enough to get first run turning for home. Hopefully, he can rebound from his last performance and give a much better effort.

The other one that I am going to a shot at is the 11- Catholic Boy (ML 8-1). He hasn’t done well on dirt but I am going to make it another try (his pedigree suggests that dirt should not be a problem). I think Castellano has him figure out. He should be outside sitting off the inside front runners (I think) and should be in good position turn for home.

$5 WP 7- King Zachary (ML 15-1) and 11- Catholic Boy (ML 8-1) (7-King Zachary - 4th; 11- Catholic Boy won, paid $61.00)
    $2 EX 7, 11/ 4, 7, 9, 11 (Exacta no good)

As always, comments and suggestions are always welcome. GL all.
    11- Catholic Boy won

Amount wager: $32.00
    Amount returned: $61.00

Memento
    Short Term Memory Loss Required
    Memento's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 474

Anyone know the bets available for the Pat O'Brien with 4 horses? Is this a Win only bet?

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by Memento View Post
    Anyone know the bets available for the Pat O'Brien with 4 horses? Is this a Win only bet?
    win/place/ ex.

Memento

win/place/ ex.
    Thanks....ridiculous the number of scratches here.

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by Memento View Post
    Thanks....ridiculous the number of scratches here.
    yeah 4 scratched.

Memento

really appreciate it....easy 1.90 exacta payout hit.

mrginandtonic

GL Mr. G&T. Taking a shot with Tenfold here. Has the pedigree to get the distance. Should be forwardly placed. He is 15/1 16 out. Think the trainer of the 7 said he bled in Indiana Derby.
    Just saw this. Thanks for the info. Think King Zachary will stay in my stable. He is still worth following, today I think he was too far behind from the get go but had a pretty good finish.

Getch13
    Getch13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 66428

Nice hit yesterday GT good luck today if you play

mrginandtonic

Quote Originally Posted by Getch13 View Post
    Nice hit yesterday GT good luck today if you play
    Thanks Getch, not playing today. BOL to you.

mrginandtonic

DRF Race of the Day- Saratoga Race 8 The Better Talk Now Stake for 3yr old going 1 mile on Turf.

The experts at DRF both picked the Bill Mott horses, 8- Irish Territory (ML 10-1) Matt's pick; and 9- Westerland (ML 12-1) Dan's pick. As the ML suggests, this race is pretty competitive, the favorite is at 7-2 and the longest shot is 12-1. DRF Pace Projector suggests a fast pace with the ML favorite 1- Strike Power gunning for the lead, then follow by 6- Corot and 5- Rose's Vision then followed by 2- Ceevee. I think the 1 and the 2 will go straight to the lead, I believe that Jimenez will go and try to grab the lead because this horse had success when he is in front. Will he get it, remains to be seen. That leads to me to think that the ML favorite Strike Power will be a vulnerable favorite; he will be taking a lot of heat from the other front runners. His form lately doesn't exactly "strikes" confidence, even though his pedigree suggests turf. But why trying turf for the first time in a stake race? Looking at the rest of the field, the 3- Combatant (ML 8-1) seems most interesting to me. His maiden race was on turf at a mile and he didn't run poorly. In fact, I think he did well, ended up 4th by losing 1 1/4 lengths back in Sept of last year, then he broke his maiden new out, going 1 mile on dirt. He has done reasonably well on the 1 mile distance over the next several races. His last race was the first race back from a short break, going 1 1/16 on a yielding turf and he was 5th, loss by 6 lengths, but earn a Beyer figure 80 which is comparable to this field. I am willing to take another shot at him and hope that with today's distance and a firm turf, he can sit in mid pack and saving ground through out then get a run of the early speed horses. At ML 8-1, seems reasonable, especially he has been competing in stakes and graded races, he is as good as any of these.

$5 WP 3- Combantant (ML 8-1)
    $2 EX 3/ 2, 5, 8, 9
    $2 EX 8, 9/ 3 (think that the experts horses has a chance too, and we all trying to beat the favorite)

As usual, comments and suggestions are always welcome. GL all.

mrginandtonic

DRF Race of the Day- Saratoga Race 8 The Better Talk Now Stake for 3yr old going 1 mile on Turf.

The experts at DRF both picked the Bill Mott horses, 8- Irish Territory (ML 10-1) Matt's pick; and 9- Westerland (ML 12-1) Dan's pick. As the ML suggests, this race is pretty competitive, the favorite is at 7-2 and the longest shot is 12-1. DRF Pace Projector suggests a fast pace with the ML favorite 1- Strike Power gunning for the lead, then follow by 6- Corot and 5- Rose's Vision then followed by 2- Ceevee. I think the 1 and the 2 will go straight to the lead, I believe that Jimenez will go and try to grab the lead because this horse had success when he is in front. Will he get it, remains to be seen. That leads to me to think that the ML favorite Strike Power will be a vulnerable favorite; he will be taking a lot of heat from the other front runners. His form lately doesn't exactly "strikes" confidence, even though his pedigree suggests turf. But why trying turf for the first time in a stake race? Looking at the rest of the field, the 3- Combatant (ML 8-1) seems most interesting to me. His maiden race was on turf at a mile and he didn't run poorly. In fact, I think he did well, ended up 4th by losing 1 1/4 lengths back in Sept of last year, then he broke his maiden new out, going 1 mile on dirt. He has done reasonably well on the 1 mile distance over the next several races. His last race was the first race back from a short break, going 1 1/16 on a yielding turf and he was 5th, loss by 6 lengths, but earn a Beyer figure 80 which is comparable to this field. I am willing to take another shot at him and hope that with today's distance and a firm turf, he can sit in mid pack and saving ground through out then get a run of the early speed horses. At ML 8-1, seems reasonable, especially he has been competing in stakes and graded races, he is as good as any of these.

$5 WP 3- Combantant (ML 8-1)
    $2 EX 3/ 2, 5, 8, 9
    $2 EX 8, 9/ 3 (think that the experts horses has a chance too, and we all trying to beat the favorite)

No good, the 3 came forth loss by 2 length. As expected, the 2 got the lead and the 3 was saving ground through out, but he was further back than I thought he would be. The 5 was actually the position that I thought the 3 should be and the 5 got through the rail ran down the 7. Thought the 7 was going to win. Good ride by Jose Ortiz. The 3 finished with interest, think I will put him in my stable.

Amount wager: $22.00
    Amount return: $0.00

mrginandtonic

DRF Race of the Day: Race 9 at the SPA

9- Varenka (ML 15-1)

$5 WP

No write up today. GL all.

Easy-Rider 66

9- Varenka (ML 15-1)

$5 WP

GL. watching this horse and Hart's. See what happens. Both 10/1 at post.

mrginandtonic

GL. watching this horse and Hart's. See what happens. Both 10/1 at post.
    Like Hart’s pick too.

Easy-Rider 66

Like Hart’s pick too.
    Delay loose horse .have not looked it over. Hopefully one you all score.

Easy-Rider 66

9- Varenka (ML 15-1)

$5 WP

Good call 2nd at 13/1

mrginandtonic

9- Varenka (ML 15-1) 2nd, paid $20.50 for $5

$5 WP

Amount Wagered: $10.00
    Amount Returned: $20.50

mrginandtonic

Good call 2nd at 13/1
    Thanks EZ. Too bad she had to steadied a little bit; otherwise, it would have been closer.
    Last edited by mrginandtonic; 08-30-18 at 05:29 PM.

Easy-Rider 66

Thanks EZ. Too bad she had to steadied a little bit; otherwise, it would have been closer.
    Yeah saw that. She bumped with another pony. Lost some momentum no doubt.

mrginandtonic

DRF Race of the Day: Race 11- The Woodward at Saratoga going 1 1/8 on dirt.

This is one of the most interesting and difficult race to handicap in recent memories. The experts at DRF picked the 10- Seeking the Soul (Mike's Pick) and the 8- Discreet Lover (Dan's Pick). The way I see it, anyone can win. There is no stand out in this field, IMO. The ML favorite is 9- Gunnevera at 4-1. How much will he be bet down? After all, he has earned almost $3 million and he is in the exacta 11 out of 17 times. It is difficult to leave him out, as least in the exactas and trifectas. He won his last race by more than 6 lengths in a optional claiming race at 1 1/16 like he should. Can he win the Woodward? Sure he can on his best days. I am just not impressed with what he has done so far this year. The second ML favorite is the 10- Seeking the Soul (ML 9-2). This one has put up triple Beyer figures in his last 4 races which is more than most of the horses here. He will most likely coming from the back which I think may be a disadvantage for this race. I don't see a lot pace here. So the same goes with the 8- Discreet Lover (ML 8-1). I can make a case in each of the horses here and each has a chance to win. My pick for this race will be the 11- Leofric (ML 20-1). The reason that I like this horse is his versatility. He can go to the front, he can stalk and he can close. I think trainer Cox has him ready for this. He won his last two races since his break from February. Although the winning margins are close, I see it as he has an eye for the wirer. He fights hard every time and this will be his 3rd race off of a layoff. Hopefully, he can take a step forward and be around when it counts. His odds will most likely very high cuz he looks much inferior in terms of class. I expect him to be around 35-1. We will see how this race unfolds and with his versatility, I hope he would at least give a strong run. Whether or not it is good enough, we shall find out.

$5 WP 11- Leofric (ML 20-1)
    $2 Ex Box 10, 11, 12
    $5 DD Race 10: 7- Chasing Yesterday (ML 5-2) with Race 11: 10- Seeking the Soul (ML 9-2) and 11- Leofric (ML 20-1) and
    12- Sunny Ridge (ML 8-1)

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Gl buddy

mrginandtonic

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Gl buddy
    Thanks, think I’m gonna need it.

mrginandtonic

A lot of action on 14- Rally Cry...... is it because of Mike Smith? Hmm....

mrginandtonic

DRF Race of the Day: Race 11- The Woodward at Saratoga going 1 1/8 on dirt.

This is one of the most interesting and difficult race to handicap in recent memories. The experts at DRF picked the 10- Seeking the Soul (Mike's Pick) and the 8- Discreet Lover (Dan's Pick). The way I see it, anyone can win. There is no stand out in this field, IMO. The ML favorite is 9- Gunnevera at 4-1. How much will he be bet down? After all, he has earned almost $3 million and he is in the exacta 11 out of 17 times. It is difficult to leave him out, as least in the exactas and trifectas. He won his last race by more than 6 lengths in a optional claiming race at 1 1/16 like he should. Can he win the Woodward? Sure he can on his best days. I am just not impressed with what he has done so far this year. The second ML favorite is the 10- Seeking the Soul (ML 9-2). This one has put up triple Beyer figures in his last 4 races which is more than most of the horses here. He will most likely coming from the back which I think may be a disadvantage for this race. I don't see a lot pace here. So the same goes with the 8- Discreet Lover (ML 8-1). I can make a case in each of the horses here and each has a chance to win. My pick for this race will be the 11- Leofric (ML 20-1). The reason that I like this horse is his versatility. He can go to the front, he can stalk and he can close. I think trainer Cox has him ready for this. He won his last two races since his break from February. Although the winning margins are close, I see it as he has an eye for the wirer. He fights hard every time and this will be his 3rd race off of a layoff. Hopefully, he can take a step forward and be around when it counts. His odds will most likely very high cuz he looks much inferior in terms of class. I expect him to be around 35-1. We will see how this race unfolds and with his versatility, I hope he would at least give a strong run. Whether or not it is good enough, we shall find out.

$5 WP 11- Leofric (ML 20-1)
    $2 Ex Box 10, 11, 12
    $5 DD Race 10: 7- Chasing Yesterday (ML 5-2) with Race 11: 10- Seeking the Soul (ML 9-2) and 11- Leofric (ML 20-1) and
    12- Sunny Ridge (ML 8-1)

No good, came in 3rd, got nose out at the wire by Gunnevera.

Amount wagered: $37.00
    Amount return: $0.00

Getch13
    Getch13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 66428

Your horse finished in front of mine

mrginandtonic

Quote Originally Posted by Getch13 View Post
    Your horse finished in front of mine
    Yeah, but unfortunately he got nosed out by the 9.

First ... 91011121314 Last