mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4332

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    GL 10/1 ten out. Will watch and see if you score.
    Went down to 8-1, still no good.

mrginandtonic

DRF Race of the Day is at Remington Park Race 11 The Remington Springboard Mile for 2 yr old 1 mile on dirt.

A full field of 11 are entered and DRF Experts picks are 8- Bankit (ML 3-1) and 10- Dunph (ML 10-1). My pick will go to the ML favorite 1- Epic Dreamer. I usually don't like horses that just broke maiden then go against winners the first time. I think I am willing to take a chance on him. He broke maiden at 2nd try and earned the highest last race Beyer of this group but it is not his personal highest which was an 83 in his maiden debut where according to DRF notes, inside, alter course 2x in lane. Then he just came short and lost by less than 2 lengths. Javier made a trip to ride him. Trainer Breen has excellent numbers in all aspects. Aside from the 8- Bankit at ML 3-1, Asmussen's 4 other entries are all long shots. Michael Maker’s 10- Dunph is interesting but I have a feeling that he is over achieving already so I’m gonna bet against him. I think the ML is correct to put him at 10-1, but if he is bet down to 5-1, I’m gonna pass. If the 1- Epic Dreamer drifts upward, then he is probably a pass for me. The only long shot that seems interesting to me is the 4- Six Shooter (ML 8-1). He has run 5 times and won twice, had his best Beyer figure when stretched out last time to 1 mile. He has tactical speed and I think he will sit behind the front runners and the just behind the 1-Epic Dreamer (I don’t think Javier is going gun for the lead). If the 4 moves with the 1, I think he has a good shot at getting second. With all the entries by Asmussen and Cox and Maker, the odd on the 4 should be around 12 to 16-1. So, at a price, I think he is worth a shot at getting in the exotics. As of now, my plays are:

$4 WP 1- Epic Dreamer (ML 9-5)
    $2 EX 1/ 4,6,8
    $0.50 Tri 1/ 4,6,8/all

Will update plays if by post time, the odds are not to my liking.

As always, comments and suggestions are always welcome.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9150

excellent race mgnt..I like 10 -dunph..first 2 races require no explanation and feel the big field,extremely fast pace (by figures) may have compromised him in his last start at churchill..his slop breeding is poor with the brisnet figures so that didn't help either..like that he broke his maiden at a mile first out and the pace was very legit 2 back at churchill ..the horse that finished behind him came back to repeat..also like that it was a 7f race and today's race is a mile ..good luck
    Last edited by JBEX; 12-16-18 at 05:32 PM.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3165

Going with the #8 Bankit here on R11 from Remington. Only poor race was when he opened the gate on Sept 21st. Highest number in the field. Like his recent pace figures. Showed good late pace in last race as he closed nicely into a moderate pace. Think he can rate off the speed here in which there is a lot. 9/2 nine out. GL.

mrginandtonic

Quote Originally Posted by JBEX View Post
    excellent race mgnt..I like 10 -dunph..first 2 races require no explanation and feel the big field,extremely fast pace (by figures) may have compromised him in his last start at churchill..his slop breeding is poor with the brisnet figures so that didn't help either..like that he broke his maiden at a mile first out and the pace was very legit 2 back at churchill ..the horse that finished behind him came back to repeat..also like that it was a 7f race and today's race is a mile ..good luck
    Yeah, that’s Matt Bernier’s Pick also. As I said in my comment, if he gets bet down to 5-1, I’m gonna pass on him. He is now 4-1 with 8 minutes out. GL to you too.

Easy-Rider 66

Also think the #4 and #5 might be worth a look at long odds. Both show progression on the numbers. Boxed all 3 as well> 4/5/8

mrginandtonic

Also think the #4 and #5 might be worth a look at long odds. Both show progression on the numbers. Boxed all 3 as well> 4/5/8
    I like the 4 more than the 5. I think the 5 will be compromised by his front running style in this race. Too many front runners signed on. The 8 is not interesting but I think I’m gonna go against him too because I would think he would have action on him if he is legit to win. As expected, a lot of action on the 10. I’m going against him too. We shall see, this is an interesting race.

mrginandtonic

Quote Originally Posted by mrginandtonic View Post
    DRF Race of the Day is at Remington Park Race 11 The Remington Springboard Mile for 2 yr old 1 mile on dirt.

A full field of 11 are entered and DRF Experts picks are 8- Bankit (ML 3-1) and 10- Dunph (ML 10-1). My pick will go to the ML favorite 1- Epic Dreamer. I usually don't like horses that just broke maiden then go against winners the first time. I think I am willing to take a chance on him. He broke maiden at 2nd try and earned the highest last race Beyer of this group but it is not his personal highest which was an 83 in his maiden debut where according to DRF notes, inside, alter course 2x in lane. Then he just came short and lost by less than 2 lengths. Javier made a trip to ride him. Trainer Breen has excellent numbers in all aspects. Aside from the 8- Bankit at ML 3-1, Asmussen's 4 other entries are all long shots. Michael Maker’s 10- Dunph is interesting but I have a feeling that he is over achieving already so I’m gonna bet against him. I think the ML is correct to put him at 10-1, but if he is bet down to 5-1, I’m gonna pass. If the 1- Epic Dreamer drifts upward, then he is probably a pass for me. The only long shot that seems interesting to me is the 4- Six Shooter (ML 8-1). He has run 5 times and won twice, had his best Beyer figure when stretched out last time to 1 mile. He has tactical speed and I think he will sit behind the front runners and the just behind the 1-Epic Dreamer (I don’t think Javier is going gun for the lead). If the 4 moves with the 1, I think he has a good shot at getting second. With all the entries by Asmussen and Cox and Maker, the odd on the 4 should be around 12 to 16-1. So, at a price, I think he is worth a shot at getting in the exotics. As of now, my plays are:

$4 WP 1- Epic Dreamer (ML 9-5)
    $2 EX 1/ 4,6,8
    $0.50 Tri 1/ 4,6,8/all

Will update plays if by post time, the odds are not to my liking.

As always, comments and suggestions are always welcome.
    Another losing day.... I think the 1 could have done better if it was for the 8. But oh well, it is what it is.

Total wagered: $27.50
    Total return: $0.00
    Last edited by mrginandtonic; 12-16-18 at 09:39 PM.

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

Todays Gulfstream 10th race DRF race of the day

Dec-27 GUL R10 1.00 SBR SPR 4/1,3,5,7/1,3,5,7/1,3,5,7

Easy-Rider 66

Hey Mr. G&T: Are you playing the Pegasus card today. If so GL.

mrginandtonic

Hey Mr. G&T: Are you playing the Pegasus card today. If so GL.
    Yeah, I will be playing on and off. Not much time today, have to work this weekend. Sucks but it is what it is. Got to pay the bills somehow. Gl to you too if you are playing.

First ... 11121314