mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4536

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Yeah forgot Tony P took the #1. Race unfolded like you predicted.
    Thanks EZ. I have to remember to check SBR b4 final bet is in!!

mrginandtonic

DRF Race of the Day- Saratoga Race 9

Another wide open race in my opinion, these fillies are very similar in terms of Beyer speed figures, class and accomplishments. The main difference in today's race as compare to yesterday's is the pace, IMO. On paper, it doesn't look like there is going to be a lot pace. There isn't a definite speed horse that wants to go to the front. While the 3-Defiant Honor, 10-Victory to Victory and may the 9-Sweeping Paddy following close up. A lot of these are coming from way back. The experts pick 3-Defiant Honor (from Mike) and 9- Sweeping Paddy (from Dan). Hart has a few horses that he follows (4-Chubby Star, 10-Victory to Victory, 11-Dream Dancing). Mikemca also posted a few (3-Defiant Honor, 7-Party Boat, 11-Dream Dancing). As we can see, a lot of possibilities. My pick for this race will be the 8- Proctor's Ledge for the following reasons. First, her Beyers are competitive and when looking at her running comments for the last three races, she had traffic problems all three times. She was the betting favorite last out against Sweeping Paddy. I think with a cleaner ride from Castellano (jockey switch), he should be able to track around mid pack and on the outside to avoid traffic. She should be right there in the mix when they for home. At 6-1 ML, I will take a chance.

$5 WP: 8- Proctor's Ledge
    $2 EX: 8/3,4,7,10,11
    $0.50 Tri: 8/3,4,7,10,11/3,4,7,10,11

As always, comments and suggestions are welcome.

GL all.

mrginandtonic

Quote Originally Posted by mrginandtonic View Post
    DRF Race of the Day- Saratoga Race 9

Another wide open race in my opinion, these fillies are very similar in terms of Beyer speed figures, class and accomplishments. The main difference in today's race as compare to yesterday's is the pace, IMO. On paper, it doesn't look like there is going to be a lot pace. There isn't a definite speed horse that wants to go to the front. While the 3-Defiant Honor, 10-Victory to Victory and may the 9-Sweeping Paddy following close up. A lot of these are coming from way back. The experts pick 3-Defiant Honor (from Mike) and 9- Sweeping Paddy (from Dan). Hart has a few horses that he follows (4-Chubby Star, 10-Victory to Victory, 11-Dream Dancing). Mikemca also posted a few (3-Defiant Honor, 7-Party Boat, 11-Dream Dancing). As we can see, a lot of possibilities. My pick for this race will be the 8- Proctor's Ledge for the following reasons. First, her Beyers are competitive and when looking at her running comments for the last three races, she had traffic problems all three times. She was the betting favorite last out against Sweeping Paddy. I think with a cleaner ride from Castellano (jockey switch), he should be able to track around mid pack and on the outside to avoid traffic. She should be right there in the mix when they for home. At 6-1 ML, I will take a chance.

$5 WP: 8- Proctor's Ledge
    $2 EX: 8/3,4,7,10,11
    $0.50 Tri: 8/3,4,7,10,11/3,4,7,10,11

As always, comments and suggestions are welcome.

GL all.
    Thought I had the 1 there too.....

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

Good call. Guess you were looking for the triple?

mrginandtonic

Good call. Guess you were looking for the triple?
    Yeah, how can I forget Chad Brown's horse??!!

mrginandtonic

DRF Race of the Day- Saratoga Race 10 on Saturday 7/22, The Diana @ 1 1/8 Turf

Well the ML favorite is 3- Lady Eli @ 4-5. Wow, should we try to beat her? Can she be beaten in this field? The experts at DRF pick 4-Qiduro (by Mike) and 3-Lady Eli (by Dan).
    Even though this is a small field, I find it hard to get a good read on it. I can't figure out what is the pace scenario. Who is gonna take the lead?? This race can be no pace or hot pace. A few if these are versatile enough that it is difficult to gauge. So my pick for now is the 1- Harmonize, simply because the three races this year are all 1 mile, I think she wants more ground. It's good that Velasquez stays. If the pace is hot, she will be flying in the stretch. 20-1 ML for a grade one winner and Bill Mott. It's too tempting. I think the 2- Antonoe and 6- Dickinson will be over bet in my opinion. Will watch the tote for more clues. May do 1 and 3 exacta box.

$5WP 1- Harmonize
    $2 Ex box 1-3

As always, comments and suggestions are always welcome.

GL all.

mrginandtonic

DRF Race of the Day- Saratoga Race 10 on Sunday 7.23, The CCA Oaks @ 1 1/8 on dirt

After yesterday's shocker, Baffert and Smith are teamed together with Abel Tasman in the east coast, ML is @ 8-5. Should we try to bet them again?? She had beaten a few of them already. She is definitely the top pick for good reasons. But I also like the 6- Berned for the following reasons. Ever since she was turned over to trainer Graham Motion, she has improved quite a bit. I think that's the reason why they are sending her to test against this group. She has good tactical speed which will be an advantage for this race cuz most of these are come from behind. After all, she was quite expensive, and out of Bernardini. Distance and dirt should be fine for her. And Motion wins at a good rate. ML 8-1 is good price and it will probably go up due to presence of 7- Salty and 3- Daddys Lil Darling. If it is above 10-1, I really like her chances at a price.

$10 WP 6- Berned
    $5 EX 6-2
    ADDING: $5 EX 6-1 (just in case Baffert's horse lay an egg too)
    As usual, comments and suggestions are always welcome.

GL all.
    Last edited by mrginandtonic; 07-23-17 at 12:50 PM. Reason: adding 6-1 exacta

mrginandtonic

DRF Race of the Day Saratoga Race 9- Honorable Miss Handicap @ 6f Dirt

5 horses 3 likes to track, 1 closer and 1 true front runner. Gonna go with the speed of the speed and hope she lasts. 5- Finley'sluckycharm

$10WP 5
    $5 EX 5/ 2, 3

as always, comments and suggestions are always welcome. GL all.

mrginandtonic

DRF Race of the Day, Saratoga Race 9- The John Morrissey Handicap @ 6 1/2f

With the 1 and 2 scratched, woo we have have same pace we thought initially? Now I think the controlling speed will be the 4- Brimstone but it will not with blistering fractions. I think this scenario will be an advantage to the 11- T Loves A Fight. He should be in the middle or a little behind the middle front the break. While he maybe wide in the first turn but at least he won't be caught in traffic. He should be ready to make his move near the far turn and make a run at the front runners. Although he is only a 3 year old but should be competitive with this group. He has run well this year and I expect him to give a good effort again. While the 12- Celtic Chais is the true closer here but I think he will be a little too late.

$10 WP 11
    $5 EX 11-4
    $1 TRI 11-4-12,7,9,10

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

ill give my .02 on days I have time to look

mrginandtonic

Quote Originally Posted by TonyP View Post
    ill give my .02 on days I have time to look
    Thank you TonyP. Looking forward to it. I wish more people to give their insight so we can all make some money.

mrginandtonic

DRF Race of the Day, Saratoga Race 9- The John Morrissey Handicap @ 6 1/2f

With the 1 and 2 scratched, woo we have have same pace we thought initially? Now I think the controlling speed will be the 4- Brimstone but it will not with blistering fractions. I think this scenario will be an advantage to the 11- T Loves A Fight. He should be in the middle or a little behind the middle front the break. While he maybe wide in the first turn but at least he won't be caught in traffic. He should be ready to make his move near the far turn and make a run at the front runners. Although he is only a 3 year old but should be competitive with this group. He has run well this year and I expect him to give a good effort again. While the 12- Celtic Chais is the true closer here but I think he will be a little too late.

$10 WP 11
    $5 EX 11-4
    $1 TRI 11-4-12,7,9,10

Yesterday’s race was pretty much the way I envisioned it inmy head. The only difference is that hetook the inside path and got into traffic in the stretch.While the 12 rallied from the outside.So I will put him as my to watch list fornext out.

mrginandtonic

DRF Raceof the Day, Del Mar Race 6- Real Good Deal @ 7f on Dirt

Gonna have to go with the favorite 6- Ann Arbor Eddie, the 3 yr old came backfrom a short lay off, seems to do him good when he put in a strong performanceand best beyer. Figure he will be justsitting off the front runner and put them away. Not bad for 5-2 ML IMO, but who know what we will get.

$20 W 6-Ann Arbor Eddie

Easy-Rider 66

DRF Raceof the Day, Del Mar Race 6- Real Good Deal @ 7f on Dirt

Gonna have to go with the favorite 6- Ann Arbor Eddie, the 3 yr old came backfrom a short lay off, seems to do him good when he put in a strong performanceand best beyer. Figure he will be justsitting off the front runner and put them away. Not bad for 5-2 ML IMO, but who know what we will get.

$20 W 6-Ann Arbor Eddie
    Going against Ann Arbor Eddie here. Think Prat on the 7 can maybe wear him down from outside post. #6 is even money. Taking a small shot with the #7 at 9/2 6 minutes out. GL.

mrginandtonic

Going against Ann Arbor Eddie here. Think Prat on the 7 can maybe wear him down from outside post. #6 is even money. Taking a small shot with the #7 at 9/2 6 minutes out. GL.
    So glad you gave your input, I ended up adding $6 ex 7-6, got back $66. So I'm up nonetheless. I also didn't like the 6 after it was bet down to even money. Tks EZ, need to do this more often. Tired of talking to myself. Lol. Good call EZ!!

mrginandtonic

Won't be around much tomorrow so i thought I will post my thoughts now.

DRF Race of the Day, Saratoga Race 10, Jim Dandy @ 1 1/8 on Dirt

Kentucky Derby winner, 1- Always Dreaming and Preakness winner, 2- Cloud Computing square off for the first time a short vacation. For some reason, I kinda like the 5- Good Samaritan. After six tries on turf, Bill Mott is gonna take him to dirt against the Derby winner and the Preakness winner?? Well, I have a lot of respect for Mr. Mott, he usually doesn’t enter a race for the heck of it. Turf to Dirt angle, and he is by Harlan and Pulpit (as grand parents), got to think dirt should not be an issue. I think there should be a pretty good pace for him to run at. ML is 12-1. I will take a chance even though the experts don't like him ( Mike picked 2- Cloud Computing and Dan picked 3- Giuseppe the Great)

$10 WP 5
    $5 EX 5/2,3
    $1 TRI 5/2,3/2,3

GL all.
    Points Awarded:

MadTiger gave mrginandtonic 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Easy-Rider 66

So glad you gave your input, I ended up adding $6 ex 7-6, got back $66. So I'm up nonetheless. I also didn't like the 6 after it was bet down to even money. Tks EZ, need to do this more often. Tired of talking to myself. Lol. Good call EZ!!
    Thx Mr. G&T. Good to see you hit the exacta. Like this thread. Will try and comment when I have an opinion.

mrginandtonic

Thx Mr. G&T. Good to see you hit the exacta. Like this thread. Will try and comment when I have an opinion.
    Thanks in advance EZ.

Easy-Rider 66

Kentucky Derby winner, 1- Always Dreaming and Preakness winner, 2- Cloud Computing square off for the first time a short vacation. For some reason, I kinda like the 5- Good Samaritan. After six tries on turf, Bill Mott is gonna take him to dirt against the Derby winner and the Preakness winner?? Well, I have a lot of respect for Mr. Mott, he usually doesn’t enter a race for the heck of it. Turf to Dirt angle, and he is by Harlan and Pulpit (as grand parents), got to think dirt should not be an issue. I think there should be a pretty good pace for him to run at. ML is 12-1. I will take a chance even though the experts don't like him ( Mike picked 2- Cloud Computing and Dan picked 3- Giuseppe the Great)

$10 WP 5
    $5 EX 5/2,3
    $1 TRI 5/2,3/2,3

GL all.
    Going to go with the #2 Cloud Computing. Your horse should have some pace to run into but has been coming up short lately. But maybe the move to dirt will help him here. Think the #2 sits off the speed and guns them down late. GL.

Easy-Rider 66

$10 WP 5
    $5 EX 5/2,3
    $1 TRI 5/2,3/2,3

GL all.
    Great call Mr. G&T. Open lengths easy winner. Looks like the #5 moved up on dirt.

Easy-Rider 66

Also a $145 exacta. Good going.

mrginandtonic

Great call Mr. G&T. Open lengths easy winner. Looks like the #5 moved up on dirt.
    Thanks EZ, and I wasn't the only one who thought that way, it got bet down to 6-1 at one point and closed at 8-1. I will take that any day. The exacta paid especially good when the 1 and 2 didn't placed. At first, I was a little worried when Always Dreaming had an easy first half mile, then when I saw the 2 and 4 coming at him around the turn and in the stretch, I knew I had a good chance. Then I saw Samaritan charging on the outside, Joel only had him in a hand ride and gaining, that was sweet. Wish they were all that simple..... But I will take when it comes.

Easy-Rider 66

Hey Mr. G&T a question for you, Do you use the DRF PP's? And if you do what do you think of the addition of the TimeformUS Pace info? I picked up the DRF a month or so ago and saw that that had that info now included. I use the Ultimate Brisnets will include pace info on 1st and 2nd call and individual pace figures for each horse.

mrginandtonic

Hey Mr. G&T a question for you, Do you use the DRF PP's? And if you do what do you think of the addition of the TimeformUS Pace info? I picked up the DRF a month or so ago and saw that that had that info now included. I use the Ultimate Brisnets will include pace info on 1st and 2nd call and individual pace figures for each horse.
    Yes I do use DRF PP's, but I only use the classic version. I've been using that forever . That's the only thing I know how to read and understand. I don't understand how the Timeform Pace thing works. I tried to use that figures before but a lot of times, my mental picture doesn't agree with their figures. Maybe I'm not using it right so I gave up on them. I guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Tried Brisnet before but can't get use to it. To me, I use the info for the form and I tried to picture how the race might race. Sometimes I get it right, sometimes I don't. Sorry I'm not much help.

Easy-Rider 66

Yes I do use DRF PP's, but I only use the classic version. I've been using that forever . That's the only thing I know how to read and understand. I don't understand how the Timeform Pace thing works. I tried to use that figures before but a lot of times, my mental picture doesn't agree with their figures. Maybe I'm not using it right so I gave up on them. I guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Tried Brisnet before but can't get use to it. To me, I use the info for the form and I tried to picture how the race might race. Sometimes I get it right, sometimes I don't. Sorry I'm not much help.
    OK. Yeah I rarely use the DRF, so when I went to Monmouth last year I was not as comfortable as I am with the Brisnets or TimeformUS. I assume race of the day today will be the Haskell. GL today.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68557

I also use the DRF Classic PP's. I am part of that old dog club I guess.

mrginandtonic

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    I also use the DRF Classic PP's. I am part of that old dog club I guess.
    One thing I have to say about the form. That is I missed the old days where my friends and I would each carry The Form under our arms and walk into the track. Sitting in the club house and smoking away and listening to all the noises in the track. But since the coming of online wagering, I haven't been to the track for a long long time...... Ah those good old days. Lol.

mrginandtonic

DRF Race of the Day, Monmouth Park, Race 12 The Haskell Invitational @ 1 1/8 on Dirt

Yesterday we saw the Kentucky Derby winner came in 3rd in the Jim Dandy lost by 4-5 lengths and Preakness winner Clouding Computing came last in a field of 5. What would the Belmont runner up, Irish War Cry, do today at the Haskell? To be honest, I never really like him. Think he is overrated.

Experts from DRF: 7- Girvin (Matt's pick) and 3-Timeline (Dan's pick).

There are a couple of front runners and a couple of closers. I expect this the 1,3 and 7 all be close to the front. 4, 5, and 6 closing from behind. The 2- Battle of Midway is my pick because of his versatility. I think Prat will have gone sit just behind the front runners and be the first run to get to them if there is openinf in the rail or swing outside. He should be leading after the far turn and in the stretch and pull away. I don't expect this run's pace to be super fast, may 48's and 1:11, 1:12's. I also love the fact fact that he is out of Smart Strike. 5-1 ML and I think he will go up because his Beyer figures are a little light. However, I see him as an improving colt.

$10 WP 2
    $5 Ex 2/ 4, 7

GL all.

Easy-Rider 66

Think I am going with a 3/7 Timeline/Girvin exacta box. Like that Timeline sits outside the 1 and 2. Believe Albarado on the 7 will lay a stalking trip on outside and follow Timeline after he puts away the 1 and 2. The 3 Timeline would be my win bet. He has very impressive numbers both pace wise and speed figures. Granted the 3 has scored in short fields 3 of 4 races but he did win his initial race in a 13 horse field maiden special weight. GL.
    Last edited by Easy-Rider 66; 07-30-17 at 02:39 PM.

mrginandtonic

Think I am going with a 3/7 Timeline/Girvin exacta box. Like that Timeline sits outside the 1 and 2. Believe Albarado on the 7 will lay a stalking trip on outside and follow Timeline after he puts away the 1 and 2. The 3 Timeline would be my win bet. He has very impressive numbers both pace wise and speed figures. Granted the 3 has scored in short fields 3 of 4 races but he did win his initial race in a 13 horse field maiden special weight. GL.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I can totall see that happen to. The only problem that I have with the 3 is that this will be his toughest assignment so far. I wouldn't be surprise if he steps up after all his year's 3 yr old hasn't been much. GL.

Easy-Rider 66

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I can totall see that happen to. The only problem that I have with the 3 is that this will be his toughest assignment so far. I wouldn't be surprise if he steps up after all his year's 3 yr old hasn't been much. GL.
    Agreed on the #3. Toughest test. But he has really strong pace figures according to Brisnet. Let's see if he can duplicate that against this field. Should be interesting.
    Last edited by Easy-Rider 66; 07-30-17 at 03:29 PM.

mrginandtonic

DRF Race of the Day, Monmouth Park, Race 12 The Haskell Invitational @ 1 1/8 on Dirt

Yesterday we saw the Kentucky Derby winner came in 3rd in the Jim Dandy lost by 4-5 lengths and Preakness winner Clouding Computing came last in a field of 5. What would the Belmont runner up, Irish War Cry, do today at the Haskell? To be honest, I never really like him. Think he is overrated.

Experts from DRF: 7- Girvin (Matt's pick) and 3-Timeline (Dan's pick).

There are a couple of front runners and a couple of closers. I expect this the 1,3 and 7 all be close to the front. 4, 5, and 6 closing from behind. The 2- Battle of Midway is my pick because of his versatility. I think Prat will have gone sit just behind the front runners and be the first run to get to them if there is openinf in the rail or swing outside. He should be leading after the far turn and in the stretch and pull away. I don't expect this run's pace to be super fast, may 48's and 1:11, 1:12's. I also love the fact fact that he is out of Smart Strike. 5-1 ML and I think he will go up because his Beyer figures are a little light. However, I see him as an improving colt.

$10 WP 2
    $5 Ex 2/ 4, 7

GL all.

Well, that wasn't the ride that I thought it was going to happen. Knew he was versatile, but was expecting him sit right behind, instead he gunned to the front. Had a good feeling about the 7, was expecting him to charge to get second. Oh well, sometimes that's the way it goes. Till next time....

mrginandtonic

DRF Race of the Day, Saratoga, Race 8 The Coronation Cup @ 5 1/2f on Turf

Don't have a strong opinion on this race. I do like the 3- No More Babies, ML 6-1. I am surprised to see this line cuz she has never raced on turf, and she is competing against some turf winners. I like her for two reason and they are: 1- She has speed, she will be sent from the get go, and 2- I like Leparoux as a turf rider. I expect her to play the come and catch me tactics. I think her odds will go up, if it is around 10-1, I will wager on her, but anything above 12-1, I will cut my wager in half. So for now:

$10 WP 3
    $5 Ex 3/ 5, 8, 2

GL all.

harthebar
    harthebar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9724

Did nt like much of card. But epping forest is my only play today

mrginandtonic

Well, she went straight to the front as predicted, but nothing for the stretch run. Not sure why she was bet down so much. I was expecting the odds to go up...... Hmmm

First ... 78910111213 ... Last