chizzy
    chizzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 311

Quote Originally Posted by Bulls55 View Post
    Going into fri, night's game which I tailed you were 24-1-1, Colorado lost. Then on Sat. Philly won and you are 25-1-1. I am just wondering do you not count the losses??
    Its no good tailing a system without knowing how it works. Colorado lost game 1 of a 3 game series. they play game 2 against Tampa Bay tonight and you bet it using line 2 of your Labby system. If they win, the series is over and it counts as a series win and you bet the 1st game of the next series with your Labby line 1. If they lose tonight you bet them in their next game on your line 3. If they win that game it goes as a series win and you move onto the next series on line 1. If they lose it is a series loss and you add that to the losses and move onto the next series betting line 1.

Bulls55
    Bulls55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

Quote Originally Posted by chizzy View Post
    Its no good tailing a system without knowing how it works. Colorado lost game 1 of a 3 game series. they play game 2 against Tampa Bay tonight and you bet it using line 2 of your Labby system. If they win, the series is over and it counts as a series win and you bet the 1st game of the next series with your Labby line 1. If they lose tonight you bet them in their next game on your line 3. If they win that game it goes as a series win and you move onto the next series on line 1. If they lose it is a series loss and you add that to the losses and move onto the next series betting line 1.
    Thanks for the explanation, and right you are....

booboo
    booboo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 751

Thanks all for the input! Thanks for the points! Yes this is a three game system and I am playing it with a labby. The record shows the outcome of the series that have been played thus far.

We had a loss tonight in Game 2 of the Colorado series. The third game in this series comes on December 7 against Florida. I will have an update on Monday of the upcoming weeks plays with my weekly report.

Good Luck All!
    Thanks for reading!

peterpan19
    peterpan19's Avatar Become A Pro!

anything for tonight ?

BOL

booboo

Weekly Report December 6, 2010 – December 13, 2010

Season Record 25-1-1

Time once again to look at the NHL System for the upcoming week. Once again this is a system using teams as they head out on at least a three game road series.

I want to go over the criteria once again for making plays in this system as they are changing slightly.
    Now that every team has played 25 games this season, we do not use those teams that have a .500 road record. We only use teams that are above .500 in their road records. Also if they are below .500 the teams are not used as a straight play.

This is basically a three game chase. We only use the first three road games of those teams who qualify as plays. If Game 1 loses we go to Game 2. If Game 2 loses we go to Game 3. If Game 3 loses we call that series a loss. If Game 1, Game 2, or Game 3 wins it is a series win. If unable to complete series due to injury or other unforeseen events, the series is called a push.

The second part to this system is a Reverse play. If a team has a season record and road record of below .500 and it is starting on a three game road trip then I look to see if it is a reverse play. In order to qualify for a reverse play two of the teams that it is facing have to have a season record and a home winning record above .500. If these criteria are met then we have a reverse play.

I also use Sagarin Computerized Power Rankings as an indicator on some plays. If on a regular, or straight, play a team being faced is in the top four of Sagarin Power Rankings I do not make a play on that series. That is one of the reasons I do this once a week, so I can keep up with those Power Rankings.

I use a Labourchere (labby) line for my plays. I do not go into the Labourchere here because it can be played several different ways. If you need information on labbys then I encourage you to search the forums as there are a lot of posts about them. If you are doing a labby line then you need to monitor it closely as it is still a form of chase.

Ok lets get to this weeks action!

Sagarin Power Rankings
    Top 4 Teams
    1. Detroit Red Wings
    2. Pittsburgh Penguins
    3. Washington Capitals
    4. Boston Bruins

Bottom 4 Teams
    27. Edmonton Oilers
    28. Toronto Maple Leafs
    29. New Jersey Devils
    30. New York Islanders

Teams with an above .500 Road Record
    Pittsburgh
    NY Rangers
    Boston
    Chicago
    Phoenix
    Philadelphia
    Columbus
    Detroit
    Montreal
    Dallas 10

Teams with a .500 or below Road Record
    Tampa Bay
    Atlanta
    Buffalo
    Colorado
    Vancouver
    Nashville
    Washington
    St. Louis
    Calgary
    Carolina
    San Jose
    Florida
    Ottawa
    Anaheim
    Minnesota
    Los Angeles
    New Jersey
    NY Islanders
    Toronto
    Edmonton 20

Teams with possible plays the week of December 7 through December 13.
    Colorado
    Tampa Bay
    Atlanta
    Los Angeles
    Columbus

Colorado is completing its series on December 7 at Florida. It lost the first two games to Carolina and Tampa Bay. Hopefully we have a win to end another successful series tomorrow night.

Tampa Bay has a road record of .500 so it is not a straight play. It also has a season record of above .500 so it does not fit into the Reverse play system either. So no play on Tampa Bay.

Atlanta does not have a road record above .500 so it is also not a straight play qualifier. It also does not fit the reverse play system as its season record is above .500.

Los Angeles does not have a road record above .500 so it is also not a straight play qualifier. It also does not fit the reverse play system as its season record is above .500.

Columbus is a play. Columbus has a road record of above .500 at 8-3-0. It is facing teams that are not in the top four Power Rankings going against Calgary, Vancouver, and Edmonton. Columbus season record is 14-10-1. So Columbus is definitely a play.

So this is a fairly quiet week with only two plays. Sometimes that happens. As the season continues more teams will be moving into the above .500 road record group, so there will be more to choose from. Reverse plays will evolve also.

The plays this week are
    December 7 COLORADO
    December 13 COLUMBUS

There are no Reverse Plays this week.

As always Good Luck All!

Thanks for reading!

peterpan19

CLB, hope they can win game 1, VAN game will be tough

But GL tonight on COL, they were really close the last few nights

booboo

Yep, Good Luck tonight all on COLORADO. This is Game 3 in this Road Series. Hopefully the Avs win this and close out another successful series win.

booboo

Well we had our second series loss for the season. Colorado had three close games, but could not close them out. My labby is able to absorb this loss fairly well. We are all through with the Colorado Series.

Record is now 25-2-1.

The next game is not until December 13 with Columbus. Have a good rest of the week.

Good Luck All!

Thanks for reading!

tuxStyle
    tuxStyle's Avatar Become A Pro!

I guess i was lucky with pinnacle today
    I had Colorado +0.5 @ -165 so for me this line was a win.

Actually i think pinnacle is good for this system as sometime +0.5 have good enough odds

booboo

Congrats tuxStyle! I have been following moneyline completely with this. You can actually use both pl and ml. Last year ml made more units than the pl. There is more juice though. Congrats on the win!

tuxStyle
    tuxStyle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks. Actually i was a bit scared and i took them +0.5 instead of ML (which had better odds) :P

peterpan19

Is CLB an official play tonight ?

BOL

booboo

peterpan19 thanks for the question. I took a look at this series again and it is not a play. The reason being that in this series they are facing Vancouver which is a top four power ranking team according to Sagarins rankings, and we do not play series where there is top four power ranking team as on of the teams being played. You may still want to play it though as Columbus is also facing Edmonton and Calgary.
    So this is not an official play

NO PLAY ON COLUMBUS

Good luck all!
    Thanks for reading!

booboo

I will be back later today with the weekly report.

booboo

Weekly Report 12/13 – 12/20/2010

Record 25-2-1

It has been a quiet week this past week with this system. Only one play in which we lost the Colorado Series. I am not going into the criteria of this system as I did that previously a couple of times. If you need info read prior posts.

This weeks Sagarin NHL Power Rankings
    Top 4 teams
    1. Detroit
    2. Pittsburgh
    3. Philadelphia
    4. Vancouver

Bottom 4 teams
    27. Ottawa
    28. Toronto
    29. New Jersey
    30. New York Islanders

I am going to post those teams who may be eligible for straight road series plays and those who may be eligible for reverse plays. After these lists I will then get into who fits the system this week.

Eligible for straight plays
    Pittsburgh
    NY Rangers
    Philadelphia
    Chicago
    Boston
    Atlanta
    Phoenix
    Detroit
    Columbus
    Montreal

Eligible for reverse plays
    Buffalo
    Edmonton
    Carolina
    Minnesota
    Florida
    Anaheim
    Calgary
    Ottawa
    New Jersey
    Toronto
    NY Islanders

These teams have 3 game road series starting this week.
    Toronto
    Phoenix
    Anaheim
    San Jose
    Montreal
    Florida
    Vancouver
    Calgary

Toronto has a road record below .500. On this road trip the three teams they play are Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. In order to qualify as a reverse play two of the teams have to have an above .500 season record. Edmonton and Calgary are both below .500 so no play on Toronto.

Phoenix has a road record above .500. The teams it faces on the road are New Jersey, NY Rangers, and NY Islanders. None of these teams is in the top four power ranking teams. So yes Phoenix is a straight play.

Anaheim faces Washington, NY Islanders, and Carolina. Anaheim has a road record of below .500, however two of the teams it is facing have season records below .500. So no play on Anaheim.

San Jose faces Nashville, Dallas, and St. Louis. San Jose has a road record below .500 Two of teams it faces in this series have an overall season record above .500. So San Jose is a reverse play.

Montreal faces Colorado, Dallas, and Carolina. Montreal has a road record above .500. None of the teams it is facing are in the top 4 power rankings. So Montreal is a straight play.

Florida faces Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and Buffalo. Florida has a road record below .500. Two of the teams it is facing have season records above .500. So Florida is a reverse play.

Vancouver faces St. Louis, Detroit, and Columbus. Detroit is a team that is in the top 4 power ranking teams, so this is no play.

Calgary faces Minnesota, Columbus and Dallas. Calgary has a road record of below .500. It is facing two teams in this series with season records above .500. So this is a reverse play for Calgary.

So here is the schedule for this week and I am listing their first plays. Will update during the week of upcoming plays.

Straight Plays
    December 15 PHOENIX
    December 19 MONTREAL

Reverse Plays
    December 15 San Jose pick NASHVILLE
    December 20 Florida pick PHILADELPHIA
    December 20 Calgary pick MINNESOTA

So it is getting a little busier this week for the system.

Good Luck All!

Thanks For Reading!

peterpan19

thx for the update

also good call to lay off CLB, but it was close

BOL

eyesandsmiles
    eyesandsmiles's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey, i really like your system. I have a kind of dumb question (new to gambling), when you say play phoenix on the 15th (for instance) do you mean play them for all three games of the road trip? or just that one? sorry if I sound naive, but I am. a response would be appreciated. TY!

peterpan19

play them tonight on the ML, if they dont win, take em again in their next road game

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Good luck mate!

Btw, how is Yogi? Send my regards to him if you go to Yellowstone.

DrSize
    DrSize's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

What is the record straight up?

He_Who_Forgets
    He_Who_Forgets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

did you use this system last season or back-test it at all? Looks great so far nice work!

booboo

Had a win and a loss tonight. Both were A games. Phoenix lost to New Jersey and Nashville beat San Jose by coming from behind in the third period. The Predators were behind 2-1 in the third, but scored two goals within 44 seconds of each other to win 3-2. So we move on to the B Game with Phoenix, and the Reverse play series on San Jose has been completed.
    The record is now
    26-2-1.

Thanks again peterpan19 for helping out here. eyesandsmiles, peterpan19 was correct in his answer. I am playing these on the moneyline. As you can see others have been using the puckline at times and that has saved them from a couple of losses. I am more comfortable using ml though. Each of these series is a road trip of at least 3 games. I only play on the first three games of any series, even if there are more than three games. If the first one wins the series is done. If not move to Game 2. If Game 2 wins, series is done. If game 2 loses move on to Game 3. If Game 3 loses the series is finished and there are no more plays on the team. If Game 3 is won then the series is won.

Hey Sawyer, Yogi wants to know how was life on the Island? Thanks for the best wishes!

Dr.Size I had to dig to see what the straight up record is. I have them listed on my spreadsheet. Since I have been focusing on this as series wins I have been counting each series wins and losses. The straight up total of wins and losses is doing fairly well itself. SU stands at 27 wins and 22 losses.

He_who_forgets as I have stated in previous posts, this system has been around for awhile. I saw it first here at SBR and at Covers in their Systems forum last year. Platinum Sports Investing used it last year and in his usage, gained over 100 units. This is basically a takeoff from Morrison NHL as well. What I am doing is showing how I use the system. I have added a reverse play system as part of the overall plan. Reverse plays are actually doing better than Straight plays.

Once again Thanks for the questions and input.

I am sometimes slow at getting back on here because of a busy life. I am attempting to keep up with the weekly reports though and you can determine plays from that. I will keep this updated the best I can. I may have to go to a blog, because I cannot access SBR from work. If I do go to a blog, I will copy to post here at a later time.

Good Luck All!
    Thanks for reading!

booboo

December 16 play

Phoenix lost to New Jersey in there Game 1. So we move on to Game 2. Game 2 is on Thursday December 16 at the New York Rangers. Once again I use the labby for money management with these plays.

Play on
    PHOENIX

Good Luck All!
    Thanks for reading!

eyesandsmiles

thank you very much for clarification. I understand you perfectly now

DrSize
    DrSize's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Thank you, I am not a huge fan of "chase" systems but I really like the thought that goes into your system and think it could hit at over 55% SU and typically with nice odds because they are on the road so technically dogs...

booboo

As I tuned into the Phoenix game today, they were ahead 2-0. Had to get some things done and checked the score later. The Rangers came back and won the game 4-3. So we move on to Game 3. Game 3 is on December 18, and is our next play. The Coyotes are taking on the Islanders.
    So on December 18,
    Pick PHOENIX

Good Luck All!

Thanks for reading!

peterpan19

That was a tough loss
    BOL

eyesandsmiles

yeah, that one hurt to watch

booboo

Just a reminder. We have a game 3 tonight.
    Pick PHOENIX

booboo

What a way to close out a game 3. A shoot out against the Islanders. Phoenix pulled it out though and our record now improves to 27-2-1.

We have a Game 1 that starts tonight.
    Pick MONTREAL

Good Luck All!

Thanks for reading!

chizzy
    chizzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 311

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    What a way to close out a game 3. A shoot out against the Islanders. Phoenix pulled it out though and our record now improves to 27-2-1. We have a Game 1 that starts tonight. Pick MONTREAL Good Luck All! Thanks for reading!
    i know...i started to panic after they gave up their lead.but they pulled it out and we can continue loving this great system. thanks for sharing it with us, andcombining it with labouchere is definitely the way to go. made those 2 losses easy to handle.

jonnyboy21
    jonnyboy21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1455

really nice system it seems, good job mate, am on the Habs

booboo

Had a Game 1 loss last night with Montreal. Game 2 for Montreal is on Tuesday December 21 vs. Dallas.

We have only one game tonight and it is a reverse play. Originally we had two reverse plays from last Mondays report, but I went back to recheck records and Calgary turns out not to be a reverse play.

The reverse play tonight is in the Florida vs. Philadelphia matchup.
    The pick is on
    PHILADELPHIA

Good luck all!

Thanks for reading!

peterpan19

last night a B win with PIT

tonight game 3 with MOntreal

GL

biblos
    biblos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1662

Hi Booboo, good holidays! I hope you'll post your picks system again.

First 1234 Last