Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14533

Would gladly have tithed my Habs wager for a Toronto win, but Leafs persist, choking for the umpteenth time.

mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33158

I know I`m a little late but but I still cant believe the Leafs lost that series .

I wonder what the price for the Habs was when they were down 3 - 1 .

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by mr. leisure View Post
    I know I`m a little late but but I still cant believe the Leafs lost that series .

I wonder what the price for the Habs was when they were down 3 - 1 .
    I never saw. Must've been like 15/1 odds or something.

Checkerboard

I can't believe how Toronto came out in the first period of game 7. They should have been in fearless onslaught mode to set the tone.

Montreal may continue to surprise, but I like Jets.

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10173

Looking forward to seeing the Colorado /Vegas game tonight, seeing how things got a little "chipper" at the end of the first one

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16024

Quote Originally Posted by Checkerboard View Post
    I can't believe how Toronto came out in the first period of game 7. They should have been in fearless onslaught mode to set the tone.

Montreal may continue to surprise, but I like Jets.
    I am on the Jets tonight too and I've got to say that if Montreal hangs on tonight they could end up winning this series because they're playing with a ton of confidence and riding a wave of momentum that could carry them through this series as well. That coupled with a hot goaltender makes Montreal a cinderella team that no one saw coming.

mr. leisure

Wow , what a nasty hit at the end of the montreal / winnipeg game .

yisman

canadiens,again?

damn

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO

Yeah that hit didn't need to happen but Scheifele was clearly frustrated and decided to take it out on Evans. He should be suspended for the rest of the series it was that serious. It will definitely be interesting to see what the league rules on this one.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 434

How late will this Avs game go? Could be till 2am

Checkerboard

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    canadiens,again?

damn
    Best scouting in the league.

Checkerboard

Habs in crusade mode now.

yisman

“It was a dirty hit, but the league’s going to take care of it,” Canadiens defenseman Joel Edmundson said. “If he gets back in the series, we’re going to make his life miserable, but I think the league’s going to do a good job with that.”

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16776

Scheifele should get at least a 4 game suspension for that hit.

mr. leisure

Scheifele suspended four games for Jets for charging Evans

Center disciplined by NHL Player Safety for hit against Canadiens forward in Game 1 of second round

NHL.com @NHLdotcom

Mark Scheifele has been suspended four games by the NHL Department of Player Safety.

The Winnipeg Jets center was disciplined Thursday for charging Montreal Canadiens forward Jake Evans in a 5-3 loss in Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Second Round at Winnipeg on Wednesday.
    The incident occurred at 19:03 of the third period. Scheifele received a major penalty for charging and a game misconduct. Evans was taken off the ice on a stretcher and is out indefinitely with a concussion.
    "It was a heavy hit," Jets forward Andrew Copp said Thursday. "Down a goal with a minute to go, I think [he was] just trying to stop them from scoring. If we're missing Mark, we're missing arguably our best player for however long. ... Guys will have to step up in his place if that's the case."
    Scheifele's suspension would begin with Game 2 of the best-of-7 series at Winnipeg on Friday (7:30 p.m. ET; USA, CBC, SN, TVAS). He would be eligible to return in Game 6.
    If the term of the suspension is not fully served during the 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs, the remaining game would be served at the beginning of the 2021-22 regular season.
    Scheifele is tied for the Jets lead with five points (two goals, three assists) this postseason. He led Winnipeg in the regular season with 63 points (21 goals, 42 assists), the sixth straight season he scored at least 21 goals and 60 points.
    "To describe how much he means to our team, obviously he just had a phenomenal year," Jets defenseman Josh Morrissey said. "He's a great leader in our room. He produces offensively for our team and sort of does it all, and I think this year he's really taken a lot of steps forward in his game and shown that he's amongst the elite players in our League, in my opinion. Obviously he's a huge part of our team, our best player up front, and I think he's a phenomenal player and a massive part of our team.
    "I know that he doesn't play the game in a vicious manner or anything like that. I know the last thing he's out there trying to do is hurt somebody."
    Evans was hit by Scheifele at the goal line near the net after scoring an empty-net goal. Evans was down on the ice for about six minutes before being taken off.
    "You need to do everything you can to stop a goal from being scored, it's part of the game." Jets coach Paul Maurice said. "It was a heavy, heavy hit for sure, but it was clean."

Checkerboard

Evans concussed, going to miss some time.

Tanko
    Slow roll
    Tanko's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24880

Scheifele should have to sit until Evans comes back and THEN sit out another 4 games...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Checkerboard

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16776

4 games is good.

yisman

no scheifele
    no demelo
    no stastny

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 434

Will the Canadians ever lose?

Checkerboard

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    Will the Canadians ever lose?
    $$$

Checkerboard

Quote Originally Posted by Tanko View Post
    Scheifele should have to sit until Evans comes back and THEN sit out another 4 games...
    Exactly what I was thinking, plus in his 60s he should have to get as many daily headaches as Evans may get, plus 4 more.

mr. leisure

Scheifele of Jets says four-game suspension excessive

Center punished for charging Canadiens forward Evans in Game 1, will not appeal

NHL.com @NHLdotcom

Mark Scheifele said the four-game suspension he received for charging Montreal Canadiens forward Jake Evans in Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Second Round was excessive, but the Winnipeg Jets center will not appeal the ruling.

Speaking to the media Friday for the first time since the incident Wednesday, Scheifele expressed concern for Evans and said there was no intent to injure.
    "I wasn't expecting that (length of suspension)," Scheifele said. "I was pretty shocked. But that's [the NHL Department of Player Safety's] decision.
    "I think, first and foremost, before we can talk about anything, the No. 1 thing is Jake Evans' health. I reached out to a couple of [Canadiens players] and I hear he's doing well. He didn't have to go to the hospital, which is good news. First and foremost is his health and how he's doing. I pray for a quick and speedy recovery for him, and that he's OK."
    Scheifele began his suspension with Game 2 on Friday, a 1-0 Jets loss. He would be eligible to return to the best-of-7 series for Game 6, if it is necessary. If Winnipeg is eliminated before then, Scheifele would serve the remaining game of the suspension at the start of next regular season.
    Scheifele said he will not appeal the decision to NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman.
    "I don't want to be a distraction to this team," Scheifele said. "It's Game 2 [in the second round] of the playoffs tonight, I'm going to accept the punishment. It really wouldn't have done anything anyway, with the way that the rules kind of work with a suspension under six games. I don't have much faith in that. I don't want to be a distraction anymore. This has lingered on long enough."
    Jets coach Paul Maurice said he thought the punishment was too harsh.
    "But it's set now and that's where the National Hockey League game goes going forward," Maurice said. "And we'll learn from it and move on."
    Canadiens captain Shea Weber said, "We're done talking about the hit. They're missing a player, we're missing a player (Evans is out indefinitely with a concussion)."
    The incident occurred at 19:03 of the third period when Scheifele hit Evans, who was circling behind the net to score into the empty net. Scheifele received a major penalty for charging and a game misconduct. Evans was taken off the ice on a stretcher; Canadiens coach Dominique Ducharme said Evans was feeling better Friday.
    "My intention on that play is to try to negate a goal," Scheifele said. "There's no intent, there's no malice there. I don't go in with a frame of mind of injuring a hockey player. My record precedes itself. I think I've had not one charging penalty in 600 games. My thought process there is to cut him off at that post.
    "I keep on going back to my record. I think I've had 12 penalty minutes this year. I've had one boarding penalty in my entire 600-game career, I haven't had a charging penalty. So my intention is not to injure or to make a hit, but to prevent a goal. That's what my entire life is, that's my job to keep pucks out of the net and score. That's why I'm out there on 6-on-5, to prevent a goal and go back the other way and score. So I think it's excessive, but you know, what can you do? The NHL has their own opinion."
    Scheifele is tied for the Jets lead with five points (two goals, three assists) this postseason. He led Winnipeg in the regular season with 63 points (21 goals, 42 assists) in 56 games, the sixth straight season he scored at least 21 goals and 60 points.
    Scheifele spoke out against the hateful communication directed toward his family in the wake of the incident.
    "I [couldn't] care less about people saying things about me," he said. "I'm a big boy, I can handle it. I signed up for this. That's what you put yourself in this situation for. The media scrutiny, whatever that is, I can handle that. But to put my parents, my brother and sister, my loved ones, through that is completely unacceptable."

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO

Scheifele of Jets says four-game suspension excessive

Center punished for charging Canadiens forward Evans in Game 1, will not appeal

NHL.com @NHLdotcom

Mark Scheifele said the four-game suspension he received for charging Montreal Canadiens forward Jake Evans in Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Second Round was excessive, but the Winnipeg Jets center will not appeal the ruling.

Speaking to the media Friday for the first time since the incident Wednesday, Scheifele expressed concern for Evans and said there was no intent to injure.
    "I wasn't expecting that (length of suspension)," Scheifele said. "I was pretty shocked. But that's [the NHL Department of Player Safety's] decision.
    "I think, first and foremost, before we can talk about anything, the No. 1 thing is Jake Evans' health. I reached out to a couple of [Canadiens players] and I hear he's doing well. He didn't have to go to the hospital, which is good news. First and foremost is his health and how he's doing. I pray for a quick and speedy recovery for him, and that he's OK."
    Scheifele began his suspension with Game 2 on Friday, a 1-0 Jets loss. He would be eligible to return to the best-of-7 series for Game 6, if it is necessary. If Winnipeg is eliminated before then, Scheifele would serve the remaining game of the suspension at the start of next regular season.
    Scheifele said he will not appeal the decision to NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman.
    "I don't want to be a distraction to this team," Scheifele said. "It's Game 2 [in the second round] of the playoffs tonight, I'm going to accept the punishment. It really wouldn't have done anything anyway, with the way that the rules kind of work with a suspension under six games. I don't have much faith in that. I don't want to be a distraction anymore. This has lingered on long enough."
    Jets coach Paul Maurice said he thought the punishment was too harsh.
    "But it's set now and that's where the National Hockey League game goes going forward," Maurice said. "And we'll learn from it and move on."
    Canadiens captain Shea Weber said, "We're done talking about the hit. They're missing a player, we're missing a player (Evans is out indefinitely with a concussion)."
    The incident occurred at 19:03 of the third period when Scheifele hit Evans, who was circling behind the net to score into the empty net. Scheifele received a major penalty for charging and a game misconduct. Evans was taken off the ice on a stretcher; Canadiens coach Dominique Ducharme said Evans was feeling better Friday.
    "My intention on that play is to try to negate a goal," Scheifele said. "There's no intent, there's no malice there. I don't go in with a frame of mind of injuring a hockey player. My record precedes itself. I think I've had not one charging penalty in 600 games. My thought process there is to cut him off at that post.
    "I keep on going back to my record. I think I've had 12 penalty minutes this year. I've had one boarding penalty in my entire 600-game career, I haven't had a charging penalty. So my intention is not to injure or to make a hit, but to prevent a goal. That's what my entire life is, that's my job to keep pucks out of the net and score. That's why I'm out there on 6-on-5, to prevent a goal and go back the other way and score. So I think it's excessive, but you know, what can you do? The NHL has their own opinion."
    Scheifele is tied for the Jets lead with five points (two goals, three assists) this postseason. He led Winnipeg in the regular season with 63 points (21 goals, 42 assists) in 56 games, the sixth straight season he scored at least 21 goals and 60 points.
    Scheifele spoke out against the hateful communication directed toward his family in the wake of the incident.
    "I [couldn't] care less about people saying things about me," he said. "I'm a big boy, I can handle it. I signed up for this. That's what you put yourself in this situation for. The media scrutiny, whatever that is, I can handle that. But to put my parents, my brother and sister, my loved ones, through that is completely unacceptable."

It would have looked better if he made a play on the puck... but that being said it is the playoffs.......

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

nothing to do with the current NHL playoffs, but interesting hockey news.....

Taya Currie, a 16-year-old goalie, became the first female player to be chosen in the Ontario Hockey League draft when Sarnia selected her in the 14th round (No. 267) on Saturday.

The 5-foot-7 goalie has been playing AAA boys hockey for the Elgin-Middlesex minor hockey organization for the past seven seasons.

yisman

Tom Wilson I imagine said that's just hockey, perfectly clean hit, he sees nothing wrong with it.

However, Parros gave the suspension because it wasn't Tom Wilson. Tom Wilson does that, no punishment.

Checkerboard

I bet the reduced attendance at Centre Bell Montreal sounds like a full house.

mr. leisure

Looking forward to both games tonight , they should be outstanding .

hotcross

I bet the reduced attendance at Centre Bell Montreal sounds like a full house.

feels to me Winnipeg is gonna win today

but not the series

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO

Looking forward to both games tonight , they should be outstanding .
    We need some multi overtime periods!

hotcross

Quote Originally Posted by hotcross View Post
    feels to me Winnipeg is gonna win today

but not the series

haha nevermind, my radar is way off as usual these days. Hence didn't bet this game. Habs are all over them.

yisman

it's tough for Winnipeg to win missing all those players

Checkerboard

Canadien$

Checkerboard

I like NYI tomorrow, juicy dog.

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO

Canadien$

Habs seem to be a team of destiny. They need to close out the series tomorrow though so they can get some rest and be fresh for whoever they wind up playing next.
    Last edited by jrgum3; 06-06-21 at 11:19 PM.

First ... 15161718192021 ... Last