jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15952

Thankfully this is the last week of the regular season. I'm really looking forward to the playoffs this year as I always do around this time. I think that a number of teams could hoist the cup this year and because of that I think the playoffs will be exciting as usual.
    Last edited by jrgum3; 05-03-21 at 11:21 PM.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 170

Have you ever seen a team worse than the Sabers

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by jrgum3 View Post
    Thankfully this is the last week of the regular season. I'm really looking forward to the playoffs this year as I always do around this time. I think that a number of teams could hoist the cup this year and because of that I think the playoffs will be exciting as usual.
    ...with the NHL extending the regular season for the all-Canadian North Division to May 19.
    The NHL’s 56-game regular season was originally scheduled to end May 8 and previously had been extended to May 11 and then May 16 as games were called off and rescheduled because of virus outbreaks. The NHL still intends for each team to play a full schedule. The Canucks are now scheduled to play 19 games in 32 days to finish a 56-game regular season.

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    ...with the NHL extending the regular season for the all-Canadian North Division to May 19.
    The NHL’s 56-game regular season was originally scheduled to end May 8 and previously had been extended to May 11 and then May 16 as games were called off and rescheduled because of virus outbreaks. The NHL still intends for each team to play a full schedule. The Canucks are now scheduled to play 19 games in 32 days to finish a 56-game regular season.
    I guess we have to wait a little longer for the playoffs to start than I thought but I wasn't sure because there's been so many games postponed that I didn't know they were going to make them up. Oh well the wait will be worth it because I think the playoffs will be entertaining as always.

yisman

The New York Rangers and Washington Capitals combined for 72 penalty minutes in the first 4 minutes, 14 seconds of their game Wednesday night, their first meeting since Capitals forward Tom Wilson injured Rangers star Artemi Panarin earlier this week in the same building.
    There were six separate fights to start the game at Madison Square Garden, including a line brawl one second after the opening faceoff. The Capitals defeated the Rangers 4-2 in a game that ended up with 141 penalty minutes.
    "I definitely think we felt the need to take matters into our own hands a bit," Rangers center Ryan Strome said. "I thought it was a great response. And hats off to them for answering the bell. They knew our frustration. We solved it and played the rest of the game."

mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32870

The New York Rangers and Washington Capitals combined for 72 penalty minutes in the first 4 minutes, 14 seconds of their game Wednesday night, their first meeting since Capitals forward Tom Wilson injured Rangers star Artemi Panarin earlier this week in the same building.
    There were six separate fights to start the game at Madison Square Garden, including a line brawl one second after the opening faceoff. The Capitals defeated the Rangers 4-2 in a game that ended up with 141 penalty minutes.
    "I definitely think we felt the need to take matters into our own hands a bit," Rangers center Ryan Strome said. "I thought it was a great response. And hats off to them for answering the bell. They knew our frustration. We solved it and played the rest of the game."
    Tom Wilson always stirring the pot .

yisman

The National Hockey League slapped the New York Rangers with a $250,000 fine on Thursday following the team's furious criticism of the league's disciplinary unit earlier this week.

mr. leisure

Matthews scores 40th goal of season for Maple Leafs in his 49th game

Center gets one against Canadiens, in Toronto's 53rd game

Otters27

What about the Avalanche to win the cup?

yisman

In a complete stunner of a move, the New York Rangers have fired president John Davidson and general manager Jeff Gorton, according to multiple reports.
    It's not yet known what exactly lead Rangers ownership to make such an earth-shaking move with only a handful of games left in the season, but the timing is interesting, with the firings coming just one day after the team put out a scathing release chastising the NHL's Department of Player Safety while calling for George Parros' job.

mr. leisure

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    One of the favorites for sure .

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    feeling Colorado vs Toronto in the Final

Pittsburgh surprised me this year and would also make an intriguing matchup against Colorado

yisman

The latest Tom Wilson incident is over.
    But the implications have the potential to be long-reaching.
    The NHL is being nudged back to the era of each team having an enforcer. That doesn’t mean a return to the anarchy of the 1970s. But each team will have a fourth-line goon. The NHL was transitioning from fast to heavy. That transition now figures to occur more quickly and go heavier.

mr. leisure

Pittsburgh clinched the number 1 seed in the east division tonight .

yisman

forward Pat Maroon was given a one-game suspension for unsportsmanlike conduct after a penalty-filled affair with the Florida Panthers, the Department of Player Safety announced Sunda

mr. leisure

Tortorella out as Blue Jackets coach after six seasons

No replacement named; Columbus finished tied for last in Discover Central Division

yisman

The Boston Bruins will face an old friend, who now plays for a bitter rival, in the first round of the 2021 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs.
    The Bruins locked up the East Division's No. 3 seed with an overtime win over the New York Islanders at TD Garden on Monday, which means they will face the Washington Capitals in Round 1.

Zdeno Chara, who was Boston's captain for 14 straight seasons from 2006 through 2020, signed a one-year deal with Washington in the offseason.

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10073

The Boston Bruins will face an old friend, who now plays for a bitter rival, in the first round of the 2021 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs.
    The Bruins locked up the East Division's No. 3 seed with an overtime win over the New York Islanders at TD Garden on Monday, which means they will face the Washington Capitals in Round 1.

Zdeno Chara, who was Boston's captain for 14 straight seasons from 2006 through 2020, signed a one-year deal with Washington in the offseason.
    going to be a fun series to watch!

mr. leisure

Love playoff hockey .

Otters27

Going to be very hard for the lightning to repeat. Lots of tough teams

yisman

Blackhawks broadcaster Pat Foley, during their 5-4 overtime loss to the Dallas Stars at the United Center, said that if he had “been traveling with the team this year, I might have put a bullet in my head.”
    Foley was, apparently, upset about the traveling restrictions put in place to protect players and others involved with the team from contracting COVID-19.
    Naturally, that comment didn’t sit well with many watching the game at home. He apologized on the team’s telecast soon after.

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by mr. leisure View Post
    Love playoff hockey .
    Yes I can't wait and it's even more compelling this year since the first round will be all divisional matchups meaning that the teams will be really familiar with each other which can make for some exciting hockey.

mr. leisure

Maple Leafs will play Canadiens in first round of Stanley Cup Playoffs

Will be first postseason series between teams since 1979

mr. leisure

Quote Originally Posted by jrgum3 View Post
    Yes I can't wait and it's even more compelling this year since the first round will be all divisional matchups meaning that the teams will be really familiar with each other which can make for some exciting hockey.
    A lot of great 1st round matchups .

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO

Maple Leafs will play Canadiens in first round of Stanley Cup Playoffs

Will be first postseason series between teams since 1979
    I'm hoping the Leafs will make it to the Cup Finals to take on the Avalanche. I think that would be the best Cup matchup. If it does happen I like the Avalanche to take it in an epic 7 game series.

yisman

Patrick Marleau broke the NHL's all-time record for games played in a career this past season, finishing the 2021 campaign with 1,779 appearances. However, the 41-year-old Sharks legend isn't ready to hang up his skates.
    “I feel like I still have a lot to give out there, a lot more than what happened this year for myself personally and points-wise,” Marleau said Thursday. “I’m eager to have a really good season and get back to playing the way I’m used to.”
    Marleau finished with just nine points over 56 games, and says he lost sleep this season due to frustration with his performances.

mr. leisure

Avalanche win Presidents' Trophy for best record in NHL

Get award for third time with tiebreaker against Golden Knights

yisman

There will be less trophies handed out than usual during the upcoming Stanley Cup Playoffs. NHL Chief Content Officer Steve Mayer told ESPN on Friday that that the league won't be awarding conference championship trophies this postseason
    Traditionally, the Prince of Wales Trophy is given to the winner of the Eastern Conference, while the Clarence S. Campbell Bowl is handed out to the Western Conference winner. However, there's a rather logical explanation for the NHL's decision to not hand other piece of hardware out.
    The postseason format is different in 2021 -- and so was the regular season format. Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, there were travel restrictions at the Canadian border and the NHL decided to place the seven Canadian teams in one division. As a result, there ended up being four total divisions.

mr. leisure

Stanley Cup Playoffs Buzz: Varlamov likely for Islanders in Game 1

Postseason gets underway when Capitals host Bruins

NHL.com @NHLdotcom

New York Islanders

Semyon Varlamov practiced Saturday and will likely start for the Islanders when they visit the Penguins in Game 1 of the best-of-7 Stanley Cup First Round on Sunday (12 p.m. ET; NBC, SN, TVAS).
    The goalie sustained "a little strain," according to Islanders coach Barry Trotz, and did not play in the third period of their regular-season finale, a 3-2 overtime loss at the Boston Bruins on Monday. He was replaced by backup Ilya Sorokin.
    "[It was important he practiced] not only for me, but for him," Trotz said. "He skated with the group, he skated the day before. We'll see where he is tomorrow. He feels pretty good, but we'll make all the right decisions. If there's any change, we'll make that change. He seemed to get through quite well and feels good, so we're heading to Pittsburgh."
    Varlamov was 19-11-4 in the regular season with a 2.04 goals-against average and .929 save percentage in 36 games (35 starts). He tied Colorado Avalanche goalie Philipp Grubauer for the NHL lead with seven shutouts.
    "He's battled hard all year for us," Islanders forward Jordan Eberle said. "He's a big reason, him and Ilya, of why we're here. It's great to have him back. I think for the most part, it's nice to have that dual threat too. Not a lot of teams in the NHL have that, and we definitely do here." -- Brian Compton

yisman

I bet Vegas to win division before the season. Can't believe that lost. On a tiebreaker after a crazy finish by Colorado.

mr. leisure

Why even play the calgary / vancouver game ?

yisman

no one knows.

meaningless

mr. leisure

no one knows.

meaningless

They play again tuesday too .

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO

For some reason the NHL wanted every team to finish out the 56 game season even though those games are meaningless. So Vancouver is making up their games that were postponed and the North Division is starting their playoffs later than the US based teams.

yisman

The Florida Panthers will be without forward Sam Bennett for Game 2 of their First Round playoff series on Tuesday night.
    The NHL’s Department of Player Safety announced on Monday afternoon that Bennett will be suspended one game for boarding Tampa Bay Lightning forward Blake Coleman during Game 1 on Sunday night. The Lightning won the game 5-4 on a Brayden Point goal in the final minute of the third period.

First ... 12131415161718 ... Last