Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

The press conference scheduled for this afternoon has been canceled. Not good.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by Maxmillion View Post
    now paterno is going to wish he left years ago when he could have under good circumstances. Now I am questioning Sandusky's 1999 "retirement" while being the coach in waiting. I am pretty sure the powers that be knew the deal back then. I would think this is going to kill recruiting.

Great point...I thought about that too. What 55 year old "head coach in waiting" retires? Every long time assistant wants a shot at the head job.....except "Head Jobs" meant something a little different to Sandusky. Go read the grand jury indictments....they've heard about this guy doing sick $hit with kids since 1994.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't agree with those that automatically assume because Joe knew the guy for years that he knew what was going on. A lot of people aren't who you think they are - it's people you would never expect that end up doing the sickest shit.

None of us are privy to what Joe was aware of but we know he notified his superiors of a situation. If he wasn't first-hand to any of this then I don't think taking the word of a grad student and tarnishing an innocent man's reputation by notifying the police would be something he would do.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

let's play fly on the wall: joe pa tell sandusky you not getting the head coaching job which means you is a scumbag and just leave and thanks for 2 national titles! sandusky "retires" turning down jobs all down the east coast so he can go the "second mile" with kids.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    I don't agree with those that automatically assume because Joe knew the guy for years that he knew what was going on. A lot of people aren't who you think they are - it's people you would never expect that end up doing the sickest shit.

None of us are privy to what Joe was aware of but we know he notified his superiors of a situation. If he wasn't first-hand to any of this then I don't think taking the word of a grad student and tarnishing an innocent man's reputation by notifying the police would be something he would do.
    Let me ask you this Lou: what do you think the GA said to Paterno? If the AD knew and the VP knew what Sandusky did -- hence, the perjury charges -- do you think Paterno somehow didn't?

And at what point is Paterno still indirectly responsible for what's going on in and around his program? Why no follow-up after the conversation with McQueary? Why no internal investigation conducted by Paterno himself?

I think there's a huge cover-up going on here. I don't necessarily think Paterno knew much, but I don't think he wanted to know much. And I don't for a second believe he was "blindsided" by the news of the weekend.

I think he was aware that any publicity from this would lead to a full-blown scandal that would tarnish PSU's image forever -- i.e., exactly what's happening today. He didn't want that. He became part of the problem instead of the solution. Given his position of power, he is indirectly responsible from a moral and ethical standpoint, and hence, his job is on the line because of it.

Just my take.

ShawNee922
    A fool thinks himself to be wise ..
    ShawNee922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 817

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Paterno is not coaching at penn st. I dont he even knows a game is being played. He seems to be talking to the birds flying around the stadium.

I concur 100% .... King tuts mummy could do what Paterno does....

He has long ago been done. Show him the door. Better yet, take him into the shower and let his good buddy pound his ass one time for good measure.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Where was sanduskys wife while this was going on? Agree with lou been saying it all along... you don't know all the time what everyone around you is doing... he probably thought he did enough.. from reading and hearing iit seems like if he did a follow up the a.d would just say its taken care of... when this was all occuring joe pa was already losing his marbles.. now they are completely gone... 10 20 years from now it'll be a blimp on his career.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

he knew wat was going on and chose to turn his head or pass it along. mcqueary came to him and told him what he saw and they (paterno and the ad curley) said "dont do that shit on this campus jerry" and still let him have his retirement perks when he belonged in jail. the old **** is an accessory to the crime. he knew that thru youth football camps and the 2nd mile, sandusky had plenty of chances to get a next victim.

cadillac pete
    cadillac pete's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6636

To achieve what Joe Pa has and have it all be brought to end by something as discusting as this, is so hard to comprehend.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

now it's nine kids. no one gave enough of a damn. clean the place out, seems like a hell hole.

NittanyLionsFan
    Casey, show 'em how to smile.
    NittanyLionsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

What's funny in all of this is people act like JoePa was a legend. I don't get that and I never have. I'm more Penn State Proud than anybody out there, but Joe Paterno was never a legend. Not as a coach, not as a person, nothing.

That being said, he didn't do anything wrong here. He did what he was supposed to and he may step down but I don't think he will be fired. You don't get fired for doing nothing wrong. But with how awfully Spanier has treated this situation it wouldn't shock me to see it be done.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30342

Quote Originally Posted by NittanyLionsFan View Post
    What's funny in all of this is people act like JoePa was a legend. I don't get that and I never have. I'm more Penn State Proud than anybody out there, but Joe Paterno was never a legend. Not as a coach, not as a person, nothing.

That being said, he didn't do anything wrong here. He did what he was supposed to and he may step down but I don't think he will be fired. You don't get fired for doing nothing wrong. But with how awfully Spanier has treated this situation it wouldn't shock me to see it be done.
    LOL, you gotta be kidding me? Who are you saying doesn't think JoePa is a legend? They built a statue for him, the library or whatever is named after him, I am not sure what a definition of a legend to you but it is hard to say Paterno hasn't been viewed as one.

NittanyLionsFan

Quote Originally Posted by letsgo View Post
    LOL, you gotta be kidding me? Who are you saying doesn't think JoePa is a legend? They built a statue for him, the library or whatever is named after him, I am not sure what a definition of a legend to you but it is hard to say Paterno hasn't been viewed as one.
    I'm a Penn State Alumni that loves the University more than anything and love their football program more than anyone I know. I've been going to PSU games since I was 8 years old flying across the country from Phoenix, AZ to attend them back then. I know more about the University than you do, so you don't need to inform me of these things.

Joe Paterno isn't a legend. Do you know what legend means? ******* idiot.

linedrivr
    I'm your huckleberry
    linedrivr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 432

if you were a player for Penn St, after reading the indictments, would you want to step out on to the field this Saturday under Paterno or any other coach repping that university? The player's should be furious and I am hearing many are. A player mutiny would be justified here. It would be greatness if they didn't even show up on game day. Could you blame them?

NittanyLionsFan

Quote Originally Posted by linedrivr View Post
    if you were a player for Penn St, after reading the indictments, would you want to step out on to the field this Saturday under Paterno or any other coach repping that university? The player's should be furious and I am hearing many are. A player mutiny would be justified here. It would be greatness if they didn't even show up on game day. Could you blame them?
    Are you ******* retarded, dude?

The majority of those kids have dedicated their life to the game of football and a lot of them won't ever have any chance at the next level...this game is huge. To say these kids don't want to play Nebraska at Beaver Stadium on Saturday is just ******* nonsense. That's not true at all. I know a handful of them personally and I can tell you 100% for sure that the players are ready for that game on Saturday and want to play. They're probably sick of hearing about all this bullshit and not hearing anybody talk about the game coming up. But they don't want to no-show the game...you are a ******* RETARD.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO

I'm a Penn State Alumni that loves the University more than anything and love their football program more than anyone I know. I've been going to PSU games since I was 8 years old flying across the country from Phoenix, AZ to attend them back then. I know more about the University than you do, so you don't need to inform me of these things.

Joe Paterno isn't a legend. Do you know what legend means? ******* idiot.
    What do people think of when they think of Penn State Football? Who has the most wins in College Football History?

I don't think you know what Legend means, but if they are talking about Joe Paterno in 30 years and remembering him long after he is dead for what he did for Penn State then I think he is considered a Legend.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

it's all very simple- when someone told paterno they saw the defensive coordinator anal-fuking a ten year old boy in the shower room, paterno should have called the police. instead he told higher ups, and they took sandusky's keys to the locker room.
    everyone is outraged, and it's completely legitimate. maybe it's because everyone liked sandusky that they kept it secret, and also to protect the athletic department? you have to be accountable for those decisions, because they knew they were wrong, anyone would know that was a serious crime.

linedrivr
    I'm your huckleberry
    linedrivr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 432

Are you ******* retarded, dude?

The majority of those kids have dedicated their life to the game of football and a lot of them won't ever have any chance at the next level...this game is huge. To say these kids don't want to play Nebraska at Beaver Stadium on Saturday is just ******* nonsense. That's not true at all. I know a handful of them personally and I can tell you 100% for sure that the players are ready for that game on Saturday and want to play. They're probably sick of hearing about all this bullshit and not hearing anybody talk about the game coming up. But they don't want to no-show the game...you are a ******* RETARD.
    obvious homer but name calling? really? maybe you haven't heard that the word "retard" is not a socially acceptable word these days though I do hear middle schooler's are still using the term in slang.

We will just have to wait and see how motivated the players are in upcoming weeks as well as the students, alumni, faculty and fans in general. If your a student there, then great, your right where you belong!

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

a lot of people getting worked up in this forum, look what you started no coincidences

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

nebraska needs one point to win

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

As i just posted in JJ's thread. I am turning around on this. After hearing more and more info on this. He is gone, wouldn't be shocked to see him go before the week-end. This is a huge deal and to have him out on that field like nothing happpend after he had a part in ruining so many lives is ****** up.
    The guy who first saw it, who didn't do anything to stop it. Is just ******* sick too. He waits in till the next day to tell Joe pA? How does anybody do that? Everyone in this program is ****** up, and had some part in it, they need to clean the program from the top down to get taint out of it.
    Going on like nothing happened is not going to work, and I have lost a-lot of respect for Joe-Pa.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO

Amazon reviews on his book are getting nasty.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/158...5?tag=at055-20

5.0 out of 5 stars I know one person who never got touched, November 8, 2011
    By Happy Vesticle - See all my reviews
    This review is from: Touched: The Jerry Sandusky Story (Paperback)
    6 kids. All adopted+ foster kids. Looks like there was no need to ever touch Mrs. Sandusky. So he touched some boys, big deal. RichRod raped an entire program

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO

http://www.chatsports.com/penn-state...sday-10-137-26

Happy Valley, PA-

Chat Sports has recently learned, on a tip from a known ESPN writer who has been told to not report the story, that Joe Paterno will meet with university officials on Wednesday to tell him that he is being asked to resign immediately and will not coach this Saturday vs. Nebraska.

The source is citing a conversation with multiple Regents of the University as they left an emergency 7am meeting this morning called by PSU President Graham Spanier to discuss the future of the the Penn State football and the stance the university wished to take on the legal and moral matters that face current and former Penn State administrators. The Boards of Regents, long wishing to make Paterno’s exit as smooth and gracious as possible, could not come up with any scenario that would allow Paterno to continue to lead the historic football program.

Paterno will be offered a generous retirement package from the school in exchange for agreeing to never discuss the situation regarding Sandusky with anyone other than the authorities. As it stands now, Penn State President Spanier will hold a press conference on Thursday to announce the decision of Paterno to ‘step down’ effective immediately. We are told that Paterno will not attend the press conference at request of the school.

Stay tuned for further details from Chat Nits as the day continues….

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

and boom goes the dynamite!!!

jonal
    jonal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2195

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Let me ask you this Lou: what do you think the GA said to Paterno? If the AD knew and the VP knew what Sandusky did -- hence, the perjury charges -- do you think Paterno somehow didn't?

And at what point is Paterno still indirectly responsible for what's going on in and around his program? Why no follow-up after the conversation with McQueary? Why no internal investigation conducted by Paterno himself?

I think there's a huge cover-up going on here. I don't necessarily think Paterno knew much, but I don't think he wanted to know much. And I don't for a second believe he was "blindsided" by the news of the weekend.

I think he was aware that any publicity from this would lead to a full-blown scandal that would tarnish PSU's image forever -- i.e., exactly what's happening today. He didn't want that. He became part of the problem instead of the solution. Given his position of power, he is indirectly responsible from a moral and ethical standpoint, and hence, his job is on the line because of it.

Just my take.
    +1

Anyone who doesn't share this view read the entire grand jury report. Absolutely disgusted. Its obvious the AD and VP knew and lied hence the perjury charges.

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploa...resentment.pdf
    Last edited by jonal; 11-08-11 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Last sentence

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Sandusky wants to know what this beat the prick contest is all about?

ebbearsfb1

Quote Originally Posted by letsgo View Post
    http://www.chatsports.com/penn-state...sday-10-137-26 Happy Valley, PA- Chat Sports has recently learned, on a tip from a known ESPN writer who has been told to not report the story, that Joe Paterno will meet with university officials on Wednesday to tell him that he is being asked to resign immediately and will not coach this Saturday vs. Nebraska. The source is citing a conversation with multiple Regents of the University as they left an emergency 7am meeting this morning called by PSU President Graham Spanier to discuss the future of the the Penn State football and the stance the university wished to take on the legal and moral matters that face current and former Penn State administrators. The Boards of Regents, long wishing to make Paterno’s exit as smooth and gracious as possible, could not come up with any scenario that would allow Paterno to continue to lead the historic football program. Paterno will be offered a generous retirement package from the school in exchange for agreeing to never discuss the situation regarding Sandusky with anyone other than the authorities. As it stands now, Penn State President Spanier will hold a press conference on Thursday to announce the decision of Paterno to ‘step down’ effective immediately. We are told that Paterno will not attend the press conference at request of the school. Stay tuned for further details from Chat Nits as the day continues….
    wow if true.. i wanna hear him talk ... i wanna hear what joe has to say .

penn state will throw joe pa under the bus for the sake of the school

khaden
    khaden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1124

This scandal is only beginning. I live and work in State College and let me tell you this is going to be discussed for years to come! There is going to be some drastic and unspeakable shit coming out. If anyone out there needs a job come to State College because there is going to be a major house cleaning going on at Penn State. Many people are going to lose their jobs, Spanier is rumored to be gone before the end of the week, he is shitting his pants trying to protect his ass, there is truth to the post above in him attempting to get rid of JoePa and pay him off with a legal contract that prohibits him from ever talking about it. Joe was supposedly willing to do the press conference today and despite orders from Spanier going to field questions regarding the scandal. Spanier pulled to plug on the press conference and kept Joe away from the press. JoePa's ego will not allow him to do this, so I foresee him forcing Spanier's hand. Curly and the VP will likely flip on Spanier. This is a classic money, power, greed, scandal that is crumbling. Everyone that protected, promoted, and took care of each other for decades are now going to rat on each other to protect their own ass. Make no mistake about it Paterno runs that university-not spanier or curly. Curly was a former player of JoePa and he got him the AD job. About 7=10 years ago Spanier and Curly were under pressure by the board of trustees and big money donors to get rid of Paterno. They went to his house to force him to resign-he told them to pound sand and basically he wasn't going to step down. Obviously, he didn't and is still coaching. There probably is not one person on staff that wasn't a former player or coach with Joe. The big problem now is who would be the interim coach for the final games and bowl. The entire staff is so incestuous that they all played for or with Sandusky, or coached with him and can't be trusted either. Messy, messy, situation. And one thing that hasn't been discussed yet is the NCAA- you would think they are going to conduct and investigation and what kind of sanctions are going to come out of that. Penn State players supposedly have been having Paterno sign everything in site (footballs, jerseys, photo's) etc. and selling them knowing their value. You guys all know how this shit works, once the seal is broken look out.
    Points Awarded:

bb_skoots gave khaden 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ChuckyTheGoat gave khaden 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ebbearsfb1

Great post khaden... agree no way paterno takes a buyout and doesn't talk.. he is too proud and big ego to talk

thunderingherd23
    thunderingherd23's Avatar Become A Pro!

he and everyone should be fired and gone....this is so disgusting....the scum of the earth....the most heinous of crimes....how could he stand back and not do something...report to the police and authorities immediately.....these kids are forever damaged....haunted....lives ruined...how could anyone allow this to happen.....Paterno and everyone there can burn in hell.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

you right khaden... this about to get real ugly

Number of Victims in Penn State Abuse Case Doubles

The number of victims in the Penn State sex-abuse scandal involving former football coach Jerry Sandusky now stands close to 20, reports MyFoxPhilly.com.

Walter Abrams
    Walter Abrams's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    ive been with more girls then you've ever been with in your life time...

yeah you should read the details before making a formal opinion thats what adults do...

i've said from the beginning im not defending paterno in anyway, im saying wait until all the information comes out first..

everyone acts like they were there for the whole thing... let the rest of the details come out..

keep ghosting
    20 kids now

keep trolling

ebbearsfb1

Here we go with this guy again

khaden
    khaden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1124

Google Joe Paterno videos-there are large crowds gathering in the street at his house- several video posted if Joepa speaking from his window and another one of him walking out to address the crowd. Penn state trustees holding conference calls tonight and emergency meeting Wednesday - Joepa son trying to schedule press conference Wednesday before trustees meeting

Gmanpoke
    Gmanpoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

Maybe this is why he coached so long! Maybe the new coach would uncover all this!

First ... 78910111213 ... Last