BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    Let paterno say his side of the story wanna hear that press conference... a lot knee jerk reactions, everyone wants paterno... how about the guy who did this? people should be trying to off sandusky now buring paterno
    you're acting as if punishment for multiple parties is mutually exclusive, and that's silly. just there is more than enough blame to go around, so too should there be an abundance of punishment to go around. saying that Paterno and other share culpability doesn't serve to excuse Sandusky.

as for Paterno's side of the story, well, it had better be really good for anyone other than the naive kids on his lawn to take it to be sufficient for doing nothing after he learned unequivocally that a former assistant coach was using his retirement perks and access to the campus to bugger little boys in the locker room. he allowed Sandusky to go back to that charity to work with and have access to children on a daily basis for six years after the 2002 incident. Paterno apparently committed no crime, and now it's up to the Penn State community to decide how to deal with all the parties involved. the writing's on the wall, and it doesn't matter what Paterno's side of the story is, as it couldn't possibly justify his inaction for a decade, perhaps much longer, after knowing that he was empowering and enabling a child molester. best case scenario for Paterno is that he serves through the end of the season. worst case is he doesn't even make it to Saturday. in any event, his legacy isn't just tarnished, it's ruined, and that makes me very sad for the members of the Penn State community who weren't culpable here. that said, it won't even be the beginning of justice for the victims.
    Last edited by BiffTFinancial; 11-09-11 at 12:06 PM.

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Let paterno say his side of the story wanna hear that press conference... a lot knee jerk reactions, everyone wants paterno... how about the guy who did this? people should be trying to off sandusky now buring paterno
    Paterno, mcqueary, the AD, the VP are all responsible because they knew about all this over ten years ago BUT CONTINUED TO ALLOW SANDUSKY TO BE ON CAMPUS WITH CHILDREN, as late as 2007.

There is nothing paterno can say to absolve himself. Again, look at the facts, read the timeline. Paterno knew a long time ago, and along with the others is responsible for additional victims. They had the opprtunity to stop sandusky a long time ago, but instead chose to cover their own asses. s. That is unacceptable and anyone defending paterno are blind to the facts.

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    obviously, this is not a death penalty situation. generally speaking, i'm categorically against the death penalty, but i can empathize with how you feel, LTA (probably in part because we both have young kids). i feel very ashamed to say (type) this, but justice will be done when Sandusky offs himself, which, i'm certain, is only a matter of days away (and there's no way he's alive through the holidays). i can't begin to understand the functioning of such a sick mind, but my guess would be the public shame he is experiencing, plus the addition of the shame he will feel when he realizes that he contributed to the ruination of a formerly great coach's career (not to absolve Paterno, whom i categorically believe did not do the right thing in 2002, and probably at other times), plus the very real fear he will experience when he realizes what awaits him in prison as the result of his crimes (he will finally come to understand how his young victims felt, crass as that is to say), there is no way the man can go on. Sandusky is in the process of becoming the most hated man in America, an historic criminal.

i have tried, a number of times, to go and read the grand jury report, and i simply cannot, at least not yet. and while i sympathize with the Penn State community for what they are going through (in addition to the obvious and terribly wronged victims of Sandusky, Penn State students and players are innocent victims as well, though certainly not anywhere close to the same extent, of course), they should spend the time and energy used marching in support of a man who clearly is lost (Paterno) volunteering to help victims of child abuse, domestic violence, sexual abuse, something of that sort - actions that might speak to how this situation has affected their consciences rather than their vanity.
    I know this is not a death penalty case. I was saying what should happen.

Unfortunately, I disagree that sandusky will off himself. Child molesters are cowards that prey on the weak. Because of this cowardess, sandusky will do everthing to avoid punishment. He lacks both the humanity and courage to kill himself. He is the lowest of all human slime.

Redscot
    Redscot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5802

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post
    I know this is not a death penalty case. I was saying what should happen.

Unfortunately, I disagree that sandusky will off himself. Child molesters are cowards that prey on the weak. Because of this cowardess, sandusky will do everthing to avoid punishment. He lacks both the humanity and courage to kill himself. He is the lowest of all human slime.
    Short eyes will get his in the clink.

rkellyatrecess
    rkellyatrecess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1928

Jay Bilas put it clearly: You have a 60 year old man in a shower with a 10 year old boy. What could either of these men possibly(Paterno &McQ) say that would lead you to respond, 'Oh, OK, I understand now why they did what they did.'"

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Kill em all and let them roast in hell

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

"May no act of ours bring shame"

I hope the Penn State apologists think about that line when they sing it on Saturday

ncsubowen
    ncsubowen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

This right here is the most disgusting part of the whole report.

Sandusky had retired from the Penn State program in 1999, a surprise to many who saw him as a possible successor to Paterno. He instead dedicated himself to “Second Mile,” a group home he founded in 1977 dedicated to helping troubled boys. He often brought troubled kids through the Penn State facilities, including the famed Beaver Stadium, bought them gifts and took them to sporting events.

This man should be drawn and quartered.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I just don't understand how people like Sandusky think. Why on earth would they be attracted to a little boy. And what the hell was the little boy doing getting into the shower with the guy and letting him do that. Crazy situation.

I was just at a Penn State game back in 2009 when they played Ohio State. Fun place to see a game, fun place to tailgate. I bet the atmosphere for tailgating is not a good one for this upcoming game vs Nebraska. I can't imagine people being too excited to go see Penn State play now.

I wonder if he had relations with any penn state players, guy on the radio yesterday said he wouldn't doubt it if Sandusky had done this with 100 of kids and players over the years. Sandusky must have some serious mental problems. I wouldn't be surpised if this leads to private shower stalls instead of the group shower enviorment in so many locker rooms. They need to keep coaches out of the locker room and coaches should not be allowed to watch players shower or anything.

Penn State officials are probably pretty worried about what Joe Paterno may say at the press conference. The guy is like 88 years old he could say anything. I still think they need to leave Joe Pa alone though. Seriously this guy is like 88 if they keep bugging him like this and hounding him at his house he might have a heart attack or something. I feel bad for the guy.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

By the way how did this news even get leaked? and why all of the sudden now?

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post
    I know this is not a death penalty case. I was saying what should happen. Unfortunately, I disagree that sandusky will off himself. Child molesters are cowards that prey on the weak. Because of this cowardess, sandusky will do everthing to avoid punishment. He lacks both the humanity and courage to kill himself. He is the lowest of all human slime.
    agree that he's the lowest of all human slime. once his fate is clear and he accepts it - life in jail being constantly sodomized himself - i think he offs himself, and i don't think that will be a sign of humanity or courage (with the exception of the fact that his suicide will save victims from having to testify). he won't kill himself to do anyone else a favor, he'll do it to preempt his own suffering, perhaps simply another sign of his cowardice.

EricZ116
    EricZ116's Avatar Become A Pro!

I haven't read this thread, but I'll just post this for my thoughts on how Paterno is being viewed/treated in this scandal.

It sucks he has to go out this way.

Ever since I started following Penn State, and ultimately when I enrolled here, I've wanted him to leave. He is too old to make an impact and it's been long overdue for someone to take over as head coach.

But I did not want him to go out this way.

He did not witness anything in the shower, he was told by a grad assistant that Sandusky and a kid were 'horsing around' in the bathroom.

If you are friends with a guy for 30 years, co-workers... Do you automatically call the police in this situation? He did not witness anything himself. Sandusky has been in Paterno's house countless times, and vice-versa. They were like family. Don't you think that he'd give him the benefit of the doubt especially since he had not seen anything himself? He told his superior exactly what he was told happened, because that was his obligation.

And ESPN, tmz, and every other ******* media source is asking for his head? He did not do anything wrong. In hindsight, should he have called the police? Perhaps. Of course everyone is going to go apeshit because you have to protect the kids in the community and I cannot agree more. There is no crime more heinous than what Sandusky is accused of doing in my book... But Paterno has had no affiliation with this beyond being told that Sandusky was horsing around with a kid.

Are you really going to throw this great man's reputation away because of this?

Paterno has done so much for the community, for the school, for the football program, and for every single student and student athlete who has come through Penn State... And that is all being thrown away over an awful crime... that he had no direct connection to.

It is a damn ******* shame that Paterno has to be associated with this for the rest of his life, and that his career is going to be tainted for something this stupid.

And I'm going to go out and say what everyone is thinking about but doesn't want to say;

I want to see how everyone approaches this subject when he inevitably dies.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by EricZ116 View Post
    I haven't read this thread, but I'll just post this for my thoughts on how Paterno is being viewed/treated in this scandal.

Ever since I started following Penn State, and ultimately when I enrolled here, I've wanted him to leave. He is too old to make an impact and it's been long overdue for someone to take over as head coach.

He did not witness anything in the shower, he was told by a grad assistant that Sandusky and a kid were 'horsing around' in the bathroom.

If you are friends with a guy for 30 years, co-workers... Do you automatically call the police in this situation? He did not witness anything himself. Sandusky has been in Paterno's house countless times, and vice-versa. They were like family. Don't you think that he'd give him the benefit of the doubt especially since he had not seen anything himself? He told his superior exactly what he was told happened, because that was his obligation.

And ESPN, tmz, and every other ******* media source is asking for his head? He did not do anything wrong. In hindsight, should he have called the police? Perhaps. Of course everyone is going to go apeshit because you have to protect the kids in the community and I cannot agree more. There is no crime more heinous than what Sandusky is accused of doing in my book... But Paterno has had no affiliation with this beyond being told that Sandusky was horsing around with a kid.

Paterno has done so much for the community, for the school, for the football program, and for every single student and student athlete who has come through Penn State... And that is all being thrown away over an awful crime... that he had no direct connection to.

It is a damn ******* shame that Paterno has to be associated with this for the rest of his life, and that his career is going to be tainted for something this stupid.

And I'm going to go out and say what everyone is thinking about but doesn't want to say;

sharpest post on this thread. exactly how i feel. It is a shame for Paterno to be associated with this. Paterno is a great man and a great coach. I hate the media. They build you up just so they can tear you down.

look how the media has built the following guys up on a pedestal and then tried to rip them apart

Tiger Woods
    Michael Phelps
    Barry Bonds
    Terry Francona
    Joe Pa
    Alex Rodriguez
    Derek Jeter
    Lebron James
    Roger Clemens

the list goes on, fuggin media is evil. If it wasn't for Fox News telling everyone the economy sucks people would be spending more money and Ron Paul might have a chance to be president.

Reener77
    Reener77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7006

Not sure if this has been covered or not, but shouldn't the GA who witnessed the shower incident have reported it to police? If JoePa is coming under fire for only reporting it to his higher-ups, then shouldn't the GA as well? And I'm not trying to exonerate JoePa in any way, my point is that the GA is just as much as fault for not going to the police.

ncsubowen
    ncsubowen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I don't envy the position Paterno was in, and certainly hindsight is 20/20. I have to say that I wish that he would have followed up on the allegations and prompted for some real investigation into the situation, especially since he has to have known the previous allegations against Sandusky. He has certainly been a figurehead for the institution and has taken a hard-line stance to misconduct from the rest of his coaching staff and players, so it doesn't make sense that he would gloss over this issue.

All of that being said, I don't necessarily agree with the people that want his head on a stick. The knee-jerk reaction is there, certainly, but long-term I hope that Joe Pa is remembered for the rest of his career, and not this incident.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    No Coin: Here's your answer as to why Curley and Schultz were fried for not telling the cops. Notice how it says Paterno "reports a version of what the grad student said". They had a meeting with the grad student later in the month and that's when they were told everything:

March 2, 2002 — In the morning, the graduate assistant calls Coach Joe Paterno and goes to Paterno’s home, where he reports what he has seen.

March 3, 2002 — Paterno calls Tim Curley, Penn State Athletic Director to his home the next day and reports a version of what the grad assistant had said.

March 2002 — Later in the month the graduate assistant is called to a meeting with Curley and Senior Vice President for Finance and Business Gary Schultz. The grad assistant reports what he has seen and Curley and Schultz say they will look into it.

http://blog.pennlive.com/patriotnews...y_sandusk.html
    I get what you're saying shari, but after reading the grand jury statement twice, it sounds like Paterno knew something was going on beyond just "horsing around" as the AD put it after his conversation with McQueary. His "version" of the story to Paterno may be more tame than what actually transpired, but to assume Paterno knew nothing is ludicrous and for him to pretend he was blindsided by the news over the weekend shows how his personal reputation and drive to protect the perception of the program at all costs trumps everything else.

The more I think about this, the more I get angry re: McQueary. This is a guy who unequivocally knew and saw what happened, but let bygones be bygones after the initial shock because he was out to protect a former coach and the program above all else. I don't know how he sleeps at night.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

You are making assumptions there, and based on everything we know, they are very shaky ones. The "horsing around" statement came from Curley, who is being charged with perjury because of it.

We still don't know what was said to Paterno in his conversation with McQueary, and we probably never will. When you've got a GA that witnessed something first-hand and an AD and vice president who are facing perjury charges for lying under oath about what they knew vs. what they pretended they knew, it's incredibly hard to believe that Paterno wasn't aware of the situation and Sandusky's transgressions at least on an elementary level.

There is a reason everyone and their grandmother is calling for Paterno's immediate resignation (including former players). This isn't a witch hunt. Many talking heads -- including guys like Spielman, Mattich, Bilas etc. on ESPN -- have said they regret to say he must step down, but he must step down. There is no defending this on any level for anyone directly or indirectly in the know. And I'm sorry, but that includes Paterno. There is no "overreaction" that can correct an "underreaction" that went on for nearly a decade, if not more.

MTek
    MTek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2860

Somethings fishy with McQueary's story...if you interviewed 1,000 - 28 year old men on what they would do if they saw a 10 year old boy being ass raped by a older man, how many would say "I'd go call my dad" ??

Then the grand jury report says they went to JoePa "the NEXT DAY"....the next day?? really?...not immediatley???

Im not sure what happened, god knows its all wrong on some level, but there's something fishy with the way this Grand Jury report is written on the events of that report

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    sharpest post on this thread. exactly how i feel. It is a shame for Paterno to be associated with this. Paterno is a great man and a great coach. I hate the media. They build you up just so they can tear you down.

look how the media has built the following guys up on a pedestal and then tried to rip them apart

Tiger Woods
    Michael Phelps
    Barry Bonds
    Terry Francona
    Joe Pa
    Alex Rodriguez
    Derek Jeter
    Lebron James
    Roger Clemens

the list goes on, fuggin media is evil. If it wasn't for Fox News telling everyone the economy sucks people would be spending more money and Ron Paul might have a chance to be president.
    I will by no means defend the media here -- they're more a part of the problem than the solution, especially given the 24/7 cycle today -- but this particular incident and the fallout isn't just media driven. Again, you have former players, analysts who played the game, etc. -- all walks of life -- almost universally agreeing that Paterno should do the honorable thing and never coach again. There's a reason for that.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by MTek View Post
    Somethings fishy with McQueary's story...if you interviewed 1,000 - 28 year old men on what they would do if they saw a 10 year old boy being ass raped by a older man, how many would say "I'd go call my dad" ??

Then the grand jury report says they went to JoePa "the NEXT DAY"....the next day?? really?...not immediatley???

Im not sure what happened, god knows its all wrong on some level, but there's something fishy with the way this Grand Jury report is written on the events of that report
    My instinct would be to beat the living shit out of the guy immediately. I'm not sure how that wasn't his either, regardless of what he thought about Sandusky before that very moment.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

I get what you're saying shari, but after reading the grand jury statement twice, it sounds like Paterno knew something was going on beyond just "horsing around" as the AD put it after his conversation with McQueary. His "version" of the story to Paterno may be more tame than what actually transpired, but to assume Paterno knew nothing is ludicrous and for him to pretend he was blindsided by the news over the weekend shows how his personal reputation and drive to protect the perception of the program at all costs trumps everything else.

The more I think about this, the more I get angry re: McQueary. This is a guy who unequivocally knew and saw what happened, but let bygones be bygones after the initial shock because he was out to protect a former coach and the program above all else. I don't know how he sleeps at night.
    Yeah McQueary, the two janitors and whomever else caught him in the act over the years are the ones with who I'm really disgusted. Why aren't people protesting outside of their houses? Same goes for the DA 10 years ago. Sandusky admitted at the time to showering with an 11yo and hugging him in the shower. The boy's mother even tapes him saying that he can't promise he won't shower with other boys in the future. That doesn't violate any sort of law??? Or at least warrant that he's kept a close eye on, removed from having direct contact with young boys, etc? If not, then the legal system sucks.

SlowNsteady
    SlowNsteady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Yeah McQueary, the two janitors and whomever else caught him in the act over the years are the ones with who I'm really disgusted. Why aren't people protesting outside of their houses? Same goes for the DA 10 years ago. Sandusky admitted at the time to showering with an 11yo and hugging him in the shower. The boy's mother even tapes him saying that he can't promise he won't shower with other boys in the future. That doesn't violate any sort of law??? Or at least warrant that he's kept a close eye on, removed from having direct contact with young boys, etc? If not, then the legal system sucks.

The DA from 10 years ago is presumed dead. He went missing years ago. His car was found 2 towns away and he has not been found or seen since. Another interesting twist to this disgusting case!

BiffTFinancial

I haven't read this thread, but I'll just post this for my thoughts on how Paterno is being viewed/treated in this scandal. It sucks he has to go out this way. Ever since I started following Penn State, and ultimately when I enrolled here, I've wanted him to leave. He is too old to make an impact and it's been long overdue for someone to take over as head coach. But I did not want him to go out this way. He did not witness anything in the shower, he was told by a grad assistant that Sandusky and a kid were 'horsing around' in the bathroom. If you are friends with a guy for 30 years, co-workers... Do you automatically call the police in this situation? He did not witness anything himself. Sandusky has been in Paterno's house countless times, and vice-versa. They were like family. Don't you think that he'd give him the benefit of the doubt especially since he had not seen anything himself? He told his superior exactly what he was told happened, because that was his obligation. And ESPN, tmz, and every other ******* media source is asking for his head? He did not do anything wrong. In hindsight, should he have called the police? Perhaps. Of course everyone is going to go apeshit because you have to protect the kids in the community and I cannot agree more. There is no crime more heinous than what Sandusky is accused of doing in my book... But Paterno has had no affiliation with this beyond being told that Sandusky was horsing around with a kid. Are you really going to throw this great man's reputation away because of this? Paterno has done so much for the community, for the school, for the football program, and for every single student and student athlete who has come through Penn State... And that is all being thrown away over an awful crime... that he had no direct connection to. It is a damn ******* shame that Paterno has to be associated with this for the rest of his life, and that his career is going to be tainted for something this stupid. And I'm going to go out and say what everyone is thinking about but doesn't want to say; I want to see how everyone approaches this subject when he inevitably dies.
    i think that it's a far bigger shame that Paterno was told that Sandusky was molesting a 10 year-old kid in the football facility and did nothing other than pass the buck up the chain of command then bury his head in the sand. in doing so, he not only allowed a pedophile to continue to prey upon children at the charity where he worked on a regular basis from six more years, but empowered him with continued access to the football facilities. i wonder how many more children were molested as the direct result of Paterno's failure to act, how many lives were ruined or dramatically and sadly altered, how many attempted suicide and how many were successful. forgive me for not seeing Paterno as a victim; rather, he is collateral damage and bears culpability for his inaction (not legally, but i'm sure that in his heart, he now knows). lives were ruined as the result of the inactions of those in charge at Penn State (including but not limited to Paterno), and i think that it's pretty cavalier to trivialize it as "something as stupid as this."

you certainly are entitled to your opinion, and if you want to continue to believe that Paterno is a great man, fine by me, but to blame the media or anyone else for "throwing this great man's reputation away" is pretty naive. Paterno threw his own reputation and legacy away when he allowed this type of conduct to continue for nearly a decade after having been put on notice of it. this isn't media speculation; it's sworn grand jury testimony, the product of a three-year investigation (not to mention the investigation in the 1990s). there is plenty of blame to go around, but i keep returning to one thing: after hearing the allegations from 2002, how did Paterno walk past Sandusky in the halls of PSU, shake his hand, talk to him, share space with him? how did he see Sandusky bringing other kids to watch Penn State practices and do nothing? how did he allow him to go on working at a charity for disadvantaged kids? to be clear, these are rhetorical questions, i don't much give a shit what his answers are or what his side of the story is. he gave all the answers he needed by doing nothing for almost ten years. as for what i'd do, if my brother, my father, my best friend did something like what Sandusky did, you're goddamn right i'd turn him in to the cops.

i don't want him to lose his job, i don't want any action taken against him. that is for the Penn State community to decide, and since i'm not part of it, i'll leave them to their own right to self-determination and i don't really have much of an opinion on it. the much larger sentence is the damage to his legacy, punishment that he ironically meted upon himself. i respected Paterno a great deal for the three and a half decades i've been alive and loved college football, and i thought he was a great man. i no longer do, and that has nothing to do with the media's coverage of these events, nauseating though it might be. it's a good example as to why public figures should not be considered role models, as everyone is human and has skeletons in his closet (though most not as bad as Paterno's in this instance).
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ncsubowen

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by SlowNsteady View Post

The DA from 10 years ago is presumed dead. He went missing years ago. His car was found 2 towns away and he has not been found or seen since. Another interesting twist to this disgusting case!
    What???? How did I miss that?? Oh boy.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30330

Yeah but he went missing like 5 years later or something like that, I doubt it is connected to anything here.

SlowNsteady

What???? How did I miss that?? Oh boy.
    Disclaimer: I like conspiracy theories. And Wikipedia is not the most credible information site around. I did other searches and some of this stuff checked out. So flame away if you wish but this is rather interesting-

Wikipedia has this info of the former Pennsylvania District Attorney (Gricar) who just happened to go missing in 2005 and was never found...

The DA's district happens to encompass Penn State University. Gricar had been the DA since 1985 and had stated he would not seek reelection. Gricar's laptop went missing also. A week after his body was found in a river (interestly enough his own brother's body was found in same river after an appearent suicide) his laptop's hardrive was recovered on the bank of the river just a few yards away. No federal agency could restore the data from the drive..

NPR pubished a timeline of events which indicates not much activity with the scandal from 2002 through 2009.

http://www.npr.org/2011/11/08/142111...e-and-timeline

How far would people go to protect thier favorite institution? Or themselves?
    Ray Frank Gricar (pronounced /ˈɡriːkɑr/; born October 9, 1945, missing April 15, 2005, declared legally dead July 25, 2011) is a missing person from Bellefonte, Pennsylvania, United States. At the time of his disappearance on April 15, 2005, he was the district attorney of Centre County, a post he had held since 1985 and which he had been planning to retire from later that year.
    Born in Cleveland, Ohio, Gricar received his Juris Doctor degree from Case Western Reserve University School of Law and began his career as a prosecutor for Cuyahoga County. He moved to State College, Pennsylvania around 1980 and after a brief stint as an assistant district attorney, Gricar was elected district attorney of Centre County in 1985. He was re-elected four times before announcing that he would not run for re-election in the 2005 campaign.
    Gricar was reported missing to authorities after failing to return home from a road trip. His car was found in Lewisburg with his cell phone inside, and his laptop computer was found in the adjacent Susquehanna River; other than that, very little trace of Gricar has been found. After being missing for over six years with no trace of his whereabouts, Centre County authorities declared Gricar legally dead on July 25, 2011.

SlowNsteady

Quote Originally Posted by letsgo View Post
    Yeah but he went missing like 5 years later or something like that, I doubt it is connected to anything here.

probably not!

Elysee26
    Elysee26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 646

What is the over/under on the number of lawyers trying to contact these victims? I would guess Penn State better have some damn good insurance to pay the tens of millions this is going to cost!!

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by Elysee26 View Post
    What is the over/under on the number of lawyers trying to contact these victims? I would guess Penn State better have some damn good insurance to pay the tens of millions this is going to cost!!
    that is going to be a huge mess as well. suing Penn State is like suing the Commonwealth of PA, so they will invoke sovereign immunity (as Texas Tech did in their breach of contract dispute with Mike Leach, and won). not saying that i agree that they should have sovereign immunity (didn't agree with it in TT/Leach, so i certainly don't agree with it here), just saying what i think will happen. the Second Mile charity had better have good insurance, but i'm guessing that they'll be bankrupted for sure. who the fk is going to give money to Second Mile now?

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I must say I'm surprised that this would force JoePa out? Of course... I really wonder if JoePa would retired if he was in his 50's??? Big difference. It was time for him to retire anyways... Now he has a major reason to.

I think if he was a younger JoePa... there's no way he would leave.

TheMoneyShot

Now that I think of it... this is probably going to be a story we tell our kids about and this will tarnish the Nittany Lions Legacy for many years to come. It's really unfortunate.

SlowNsteady

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I must say I'm surprised that this would force JoePa out? Of course... I really wonder if JoePa would retired if he was in his 50's??? Big difference. It was time for him to retire anyways... Now he has a major reason to.

I think if he was a younger JoePa... there's no way he would leave.

TheMoneyShot

Well there you have it... Joe Paterno Fired... no need to wait.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    There's no way Paterno gets through this mess without losing his job. Think of what just happened with Tressel at Ohio State. Paterno may have technically done what he was "supposed to do" -- reporting the incident to his superior -- but the fact that he didn't handle the situation with more vigilance is disturbing given he knew what he
    knew.

The more information that surfaces
    about this sick and twisted scandal, the
    closer Paterno gets to receiving his
    walking papers. This is a disturb
    ing and horrific story. The AD is gone.
    Paterno is next.
    First and correctamundo. Great first reporting.

First ... 1011121314 Last