No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Joe Paterno, and every other fukkin' person who knew of any of this activity in ANYWAY have to be held accountable. No way around it.

I don't give a fukk who you are, or what position or institution you represent......basic human decency has to supersede all these things.
    Fair or not, this is what I predict will happen opie. They're going to clean house. Is it an "overreaction" to bring Paterno's tenure to an abrupt end? Possibly. But I think it's going to happen and it's going to happen pretty quickly.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

kills himself -117
    does not kill himself +103

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I still don't understand how or why the PSU officials and coaches decided to cover up all of this horrible shit that Sandusky did? It's not like people would be against them at all if they turned him in and in effect stopped all future abuse from ever happening, getting that sick fukk off the streets

Now, the shits hit the fan for all of them, and rightfully so......Sandusky STILL on the Penn State campus, at football practices with other children even AFTER the shower incident took place is unreal.

And to act like Joe Pa, the fukkin king of happy valley "didn't know the details" of all the nasty shit that went down is short-sighted at best.

Joe Pa and all of the other Penn State higher-ups chose turning a blind eye because they didn't want to deal with the horrible issues head-on.

THEY CHOSE PROTECTING THEIR OWN AND THE SCHOOL'S IMAGE OVER CHILD SAFETY AND WELL BEING

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    I still don't understand how or why the PSU officials and coaches decided to cover up all of this horrible shit that Sandusky did? It's not like people would be against them at all if they turned him in and in effect stopped all future abuse from ever happening, getting that sick fukk off the streets

Now, the shits hit the fan for all of them, and rightfully so......Sandusky STILL on the Penn State campus, at football practices with other children even AFTER the shower incident took place is unreal.

And to act like Joe Pa, the fukkin king of happy valley "didn't know the details" of all the nasty shit that went down is short-sighted at best.

Joe Pa and all of the other Penn State higher-ups chose turning a blind eye because they didn't want to deal with the horrible issues head-on.

THEY CHOSE PROTECTING THEIR OWN AND THE SCHOOL'S IMAGE OVER CHILD SAFETY AND WELL BEING
    They didn't want a full-blown scandal against a long-time coach serving under Paterno's wing which, ironically enough, only delayed the inevitable we're seeing today (only much worse because it wasn't nipped in the bud).

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

dude they didn't cover up anything, they had no proof and thought he was innocent

Does everyone here that have kids know what your kids are doing? Hell most don't even know what they are doing right now

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    They didn't want a full-blown scandal against a long-time coach serving under Paterno's wing which, ironically enough, only delayed the inevitable we're seeing today (only much worse because it wasn't nipped in the bud).
    EXACTLY

They chose that over stopping a child abusing monster

Now they deserve to get crucified for it

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    dude they didn't cover up anything, they had no proof and thought he was innocent

Does everyone here that have kids know what your kids are doing? Hell most don't even know what they are doing right now
    You are fukkin retarded

If they thought Sandusky was innocent, then why the fukk is the accuser of the shower incident (McQuery) now the WR coach at Penn State??

Either the accuser was lying about Sandusky and was spreading awful rumors about the former defensive coordinator or Sandusky actually did rape the child in the shower

Can't have it both ways = Obvious cover up

Answer that one moron

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I'm still trying to figure out, too, how McQueary could've looked himself in the mirror for all the years knowing what he knew and saw.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Are you just trolling for attention as per usual or blatantly ignorant?

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Its sickening to me that these PSU officials and coaches heard of these accusations and a few years later let Sandusky attend their PSU football practice with a random young boy at his side just as one example

Makes me sick

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

Are you just trolling for attention as per usual or blatantly ignorant?
    Why bother?

He knows nothing about the facts of the ordeal.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

the worst part about this is that PSU officials allowed sandusky on campus as long as he didn't bring any kids with him

that lets you know that everybody involved was well aware of what was going on and just didn't want to ruin their University image. Now I hope they all get crucified and that Paterno's legacy is tarnished forever

Pride
    rally rally rally
    Pride's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

absolutely disgusting. if i was the father of any of those kids you can be sure that i would have taken some justice into my own hands.

this rips my heart out when i think of the kids being hurt like that and no one reached out to help them.

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Pride View Post
    absolutely disgusting. if i was the father of any of those kids you can be sure that i would have taken some justice into my own hands.

this rips my heart out when i think of the kids being hurt like that and no one reached out to help them.
    Me too.....Joe Pa and the others opted for "business as usual" instead of helping the victims and future victims

Disgusting.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    the worst part about this is that PSU officials allowed sandusky on campus as long as he didn't bring any kids with him

that lets you know that everybody involved was well aware of what was going on and just didn't want to ruin their University image. Now I hope they all get crucified and that Paterno's legacy is tarnished forever
    agree with you here Brah 100%

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24893

Joe thought this would just go away, if he ignored it. That, or he'd pass away b4 the shit eventually hit the fan. Hell, Sandusky could have passed away and gotten away w/ it.

ChuckyTheGoat

Joe Pa's son is a clown: "Dad plans to be coaching here for the long haul."

If long haul = next four days, then yes, you may be right.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

17 accusers have now come forward

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/sport...urce=pulsenews

tt is probably right...nothing to see here...fukkin nitwit

BookiesBernanke
    BookiesBernanke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Always great to see the eye witness get promoted to coaching staff after not reporting to the police

LINE-crush-ER
    LINE-crush-ER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 157

Joe Paterno going from Penn State to State Pen

seen it and just wanted to share

LINE-crush-ER
    LINE-crush-ER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 157

all fun aside - I think he should step aside - Moms are starting to voice their opinions and people are listening

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by BookiesBernanke View Post
    Always great to see the eye witness get promoted to coaching staff after not reporting to the police
    Sandusky probably feels he got screwed. McQueary reported him, so that he could take Sandusky's spot on the coaching staff.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

No Coin: Here's your answer as to why Curley and Schultz were fried for not telling the cops. Notice how it says Paterno "reports a version of what the grad student said". They had a meeting with the grad student later in the month and that's when they were told everything:

March 2, 2002 — In the morning, the graduate assistant calls Coach Joe Paterno and goes to Paterno’s home, where he reports what he has seen.

March 3, 2002 — Paterno calls Tim Curley, Penn State Athletic Director to his home the next day and reports a version of what the grad assistant had said.

March 2002 — Later in the month the graduate assistant is called to a meeting with Curley and Senior Vice President for Finance and Business Gary Schultz. The grad assistant reports what he has seen and Curley and Schultz say they will look into it.

http://blog.pennlive.com/patriotnews...y_sandusk.html

shari91

I will say this though... a lot of people dropped the ball on this one. What about those janitors? Why didn't they go to the cops and file a report? They witnessed abuse with their own eyes. Not based on a second-hand account. Seems like a messed up culture at that school all around.

And why did that DA Gricar not charge him in '98 after the mother complained? This just seems like one massive mess/cover-up that's been going on for far too long.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Shari the jantiors didn't go to the cops cause they didn't want to lose their jobs...

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

That is the stupidest statement I have ever read on sbr....and that really says something. You must be some sort of troll or a real life mongoloid to utter the ignorant nonsense like those words above. Based on that comment, I find it unlikely that you are able to meet basic life functions like holding a job, having a family, etc. If you were a father, you would never utter such stupid words. RmIf you are able to read, please look at the grand jury statement and timeline. Joe pa, Mcqeary, the AD & VP are all guilty as sin and will burn in hell for allowing that monster to rape kids under their watch and protection. Its almost like tge facilitated sanduskys abuse, because they continued to allow him on campus as late as last week. Sickening.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    Shari the jantiors didn't go to the cops cause they didn't want to lose their jobs...
    One of the janitors was a temporary employee. Why didn't he go after he was no longer employed there? I just think that if we're going to crucify anyone for their inaction in this whole thing, we need to start 10 years ago and go after every single person who saw him assault these boys, every person involved in that case in '98 and carry it all the way through. If people aren't willing to accept what they think is Paterno's reasoning for not going to the police (whatever that may be) even though he didn't even witness the abuse, no one's should be accepted. Everyone should go down together.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    kills himself -117 does not kill himself +103
    not to offend, but those odds are not even close. he'll off himself by Thanksgiving, probably by kickoff Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    the worst part about this is that PSU officials allowed sandusky on campus as long as he didn't bring any kids with him that lets you know that everybody involved was well aware of what was going on and just didn't want to ruin their University image. Now I hope they all get crucified and that Paterno's legacy is tarnished forever
    actually, that's incorrect, sadly. i listened to a reporter from some PA paper yesterday on that shitty Mike and Mike show (Bill King was at commercial) describe an incident in 2007 when Sandusky brought a kid with him to watch practice.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    One of the janitors was a temporary employee. Why didn't he go after he was no longer employed there? I just think that if we're going to crucify anyone for their inaction in this whole thing, we need to start 10 years ago and go after every single person who saw him assault these boys, every person involved in that case in '98 and carry it all the way through. If people aren't willing to accept what they think is Paterno's reasoning for not going to the police (whatever that may be) even though he didn't even witness the abuse, no one's should be accepted. Everyone should go down together.
    i'd be okay with crucifying everyone involved (figuratively, of course). my thinking has changed a lot over the last few days of processing this. how the fk did people walk by him in the halls, shake his hand, speak to him, if they had any knowledge of the 2002 incident? they knew that he was heavily involved in a kids charity for the next 6 years and said nothing. that's inexcusable.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post

i'd be okay with crucifying everyone involved (figuratively, of course). my thinking has changed a lot over the last few days of processing this. how the fk did people walk by him in the halls, shake his hand, speak to him, if they had any knowledge of the 2002 incident? they knew that he was heavily involved in a kids charity for the next 6 years and said nothing. that's inexcusable.
    I actually thought about the part of your post I bolded when I was writing my last one about the janitors. The temp janitor saw him performing oral sex on a boy and went and told the other janitors and his supervisor. Ok so that guy was a temp so who knows when he quit working there. But he told his co-workers. And another janitor saw him with a boy as well. How could these guys look at him afterwards? What did they think each time they saw him in or near the locker room after that? I understand that people would fear for their jobs, etc... but that's my whole point. Should they get a pass for not saying anything? That temp's boss told him who to report it to and the guy never bothered. Not even after he wasn't working there any more. Anyone who saw these acts and didn't do anything should be the first to go down in my opinion before anyone else who heard info secondhand. Paterno will most likely fry because he's the big name but so many people failed these kids.

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    I agree...you can't make an anonymous phone call to the police because you are worried about losing your temp janitor job?

WTF is wrong with these people...

What really gets me is all the mindless Joe Pa supporters that showed up on his lawn last night. How fuking stupid are they? Read the grand jury report and the timeline. If anyone still supports Joe Pa after reading that those two factual documents, then they need to have their head examined.

Penn State needs to get rid of everyone in the sports/football administration and just start fresh. Napalm that whole damn department. Joe Pa knew people. Don't stick your head in the sand. He pushed Sandusky into retirement in 1999 because of all this shit...connect the dots. Everyone knew Sandusky was a pederass, but tried to protect him because they all knew it would be a shit storm for the whole university. It was through that protection that Sandusky was allowed to rape more kids, many of them on the Penn State campus.

That is shameful, sickening and I want justice for the victims. Sandusky needs to face the death penalty, and Joe Pa, the AD, the VP, Mqueary and anyone else with knowledge of these incidents needs to face some sort of penalty. Preferably through the legal system for perjury, but at the very least they all need to lose their jobs so as not to put any further children at risk at Penn State or anywhere else.

Joe Pa needs to go...I will always hate him for this.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

"All It Takes For Evil To Triumph Is For Good Men To Do Nothing" - Edmund Burke 1797

How prophetic is this statement today in the wake of this crisis at Penn State?

Paterno has to go. Now.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post
    I agree...you can't make an anonymous phone call to the police because you are worried about losing your temp janitor job? WTF is wrong with these people... What really gets me is all the mindless Joe Pa supporters that showed up on his lawn last night. How fuking stupid are they? Read the grand jury report and the timeline. If anyone still supports Joe Pa after reading that those two factual documents, then they need to have their head examined. Penn State needs to get rid of everyone in the sports/football administration and just start fresh. Napalm that whole damn department. Joe Pa knew people. Don't stick your head in the sand. He pushed Sandusky into retirement in 1999 because of all this shit...connect the dots. Everyone knew Sandusky was a pederass, but tried to protect him because they all knew it would be a shit storm for the whole university. It was through that protection that Sandusky was allowed to rape more kids, many of them on the Penn State campus. That is shameful, sickening and I want justice for the victims. Sandusky needs to face the death penalty, and Joe Pa, the AD, the VP, Mqueary and anyone else with knowledge of these incidents needs to face some sort of penalty. Preferably through the legal system for perjury, but at the very least they all need to lose their jobs so as not to put any further children at risk at Penn State or anywhere else. Joe Pa needs to go...I will always hate him for this.
    obviously, this is not a death penalty situation. generally speaking, i'm categorically against the death penalty, but i can empathize with how you feel, LTA (probably in part because we both have young kids). i feel very ashamed to say (type) this, but justice will be done when Sandusky offs himself, which, i'm certain, is only a matter of days away (and there's no way he's alive through the holidays). i can't begin to understand the functioning of such a sick mind, but my guess would be the public shame he is experiencing, plus the addition of the shame he will feel when he realizes that he contributed to the ruination of a formerly great coach's career (not to absolve Paterno, whom i categorically believe did not do the right thing in 2002, and probably at other times), plus the very real fear he will experience when he realizes what awaits him in prison as the result of his crimes (he will finally come to understand how his young victims felt, crass as that is to say), there is no way the man can go on. Sandusky is in the process of becoming the most hated man in America, an historic criminal.

i have tried, a number of times, to go and read the grand jury report, and i simply cannot, at least not yet. and while i sympathize with the Penn State community for what they are going through (in addition to the obvious and terribly wronged victims of Sandusky, Penn State students and players are innocent victims as well, though certainly not anywhere close to the same extent, of course), they should spend the time and energy used marching in support of a man who clearly is lost (Paterno) volunteering to help victims of child abuse, domestic violence, sexual abuse, something of that sort - actions that might speak to how this situation has affected their consciences rather than their vanity.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Let paterno say his side of the story wanna hear that press conference... a lot knee jerk reactions, everyone wants paterno... how about the guy who did this? people should be trying to off sandusky now buring paterno

First ... 91011121314 Last