No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Paterno isn't going to survive this scandal

There's no way Paterno gets through this mess without losing his job. Think of what just happened with Tressel at Ohio State. Paterno may have technically done what he was "supposed to do" -- reporting the incident to his superior -- but the fact that he didn't handle the situation with more vigilance is disturbing given he knew what he knew.

The more information that surfaces about this sick and twisted scandal, the closer Paterno gets to receiving his walking papers. This is a disturbing and horrific story. The AD is gone. Paterno is next.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

what did paterno do???? sbs kicking in i guess

tressel causes his own mess, paterno has nothing to do with his assistant

BookiesBernanke
    BookiesBernanke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Paterno has EVERYTHING to do with this.

If you're the head coach and a graduate assistant is reporting that your assistant coaching is banging some 12 yr old kid in the ass in the shower what are you going to do? Especially considering your assistant coach has a history of child molestation charges.

Fukk Paterno. He should burn. Tressel turned a blind eye to some players selling jerseys. Paterno turned a blind eye to a member of his coaching staff fukking little boys in the ass in the lockerroom.

Don't for a second buy into that Paterno didn;t know. He knew of the previous charges and he knew about the shower incident accusation. Plus the assistant coach is using Penn States Football Facilities to sexually molest and rape the boy (s). Its absolutely insane. The only people who would turn a blind eye to this are peodophiles as well. Don't count that out. Paterno most likely is one too.

Paterno's reaction: "he had us fooled"

Wow. You definitely have to be sherlock holmes to figure that a guy that:
    a) has been accused of child molestation a number of times by young boys, parents and third party witnesses b) admitted to taking a shower with a young boy and "possibly" touching him inappropriately
    c) chooses to spend a majority of his time working with a youth boys
    = Peodophile

I dont care if the guy is your best friend - no one protects someone else when it comes to child molestation. Thats beyond sick and twisted. Boycott Penn State until Paterno is hung from the rafters.
    Last edited by BookiesBernanke; 11-07-11 at 02:22 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 9 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: hawley, lyon804, muldoon, DrStale, koz-man, jonal, beerman2619, texn4life, and ncsubowen

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

what if you found out tommorrow your mom or dad or sister or brother was doing the same thing. You think you would know since your related huh

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

I agree with the title of the thread and penn st might not ever be the same. All these guys who are "in line" to get the job next (schiano, golden, etc) have to have second thoughts....especially if they passed through there when that sick fuk sandusky was there.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Paterno is not coaching at penn st. I dont he even knows a game is being played. He seems to be talking to the birds flying around the stadium.

Sportsbetting123
    Sportsbetting123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

If this isn't his last year, I will be surprised.

BookiesBernanke

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    what if you found out tommorrow your mom or dad or sister or brother was doing the same thing. You think you would know since your related huh
    Try reading the released documents before you comment.

Paterno admitted to knowing about both sets of accusations.

He also knew about the incident regarding his assistant coach showering with an underage boy and knew that the campus police issued a simple warning.

BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

He should have taken the Pat Summit route and said he had Alzhemers awhile back and quit where he would have been given a free pass on knowing about this scandal.I indeed do think he has Alzheimers as it is but it's too late to say that because they wanted to make him look in charge of things the last few years.I always said I saw coloring books and crayons on his clipboard and could hear Sponge Bob music over his headphones.

As for frickin twangy Pat Summitt,she overreacted to having Alzheimers.She runs around screaming ''twanging''at nappy headed hoes everyday and never shuts her pie hole.The woman has 20 things on her mind she's multi tasking screaming about.Da,everyone over 50 forgets stuff when they have 20 things on their mind.She had to abuse her lucrative health benefit package she really didn't earn because the program is not self sufficient.So she goes to the Mayo Clinic and of course they are going to find little quirks in her memory.If the woman lived in the real world with a crappy medical insurance plan or had no insurance at all, she would have lived to be 95 still acting as obnoxious as she was when she was 35 twanging about her nappy headed hoes not knowing the plays.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 19th Hole

BookiesBernanke

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    I agree with the title of the thread and penn st might not ever be the same. All these guys who are "in line" to get the job next (schiano, golden, etc) have to have second thoughts....especially if they passed through there when that sick fuk sandusky was there.
    Its not just Sandusky -- they all KNEW what was going on. The same people that knew about the accusations and shower incident were also in charge of the campus police that issued a simple warning even after having a confession by Sandusky.

This sh*t is only just beginning.

If you understand how deep the culture of child peodphilia runs in some elite circles, the article and picture done by SI speaks volumes.

bet420
    bet420's Avatar Become A Pro!

I dont understand the whole story, it was saying the assaults began in 2002, why wasn't anything done then?

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    Yeah......and then I'd turn their ass in to everyone I could and do everything possible to get this sick asshole put away for life.

Which is exactly what Paterno and everyone else should have done to Sandusky.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

The term that the NCAA lacks to banter about is lack of institutional control. A coach that is not on the sideline. A coach at such an advanced age. If Joe Pa still has his mental wits about him he should realize that he should retire.

I expect to hear his retirement announcement at the end of the season.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Paterno does not even know the names of 90% of the players on the team. He does not coach, or have any effect on the game. Paterno is as relevant as Penn St. wants him to be. Hell, I think Penn St. would happily rid themselves of the old regime.
    Last edited by HoulihansTX; 11-07-11 at 08:02 AM.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 05-13-15 at 03:41 PM. Reason: image does not exist

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Paterno does not even know the names of 90% of the players on the team. He does not coach, or have any effect on the game. Paterno is as relevant as Penn St. wants him to be. Hell, I think Penn St. would happily rid themselves of the old regime.
    I agree with this, and that's sad and unfortunate in its own right.

Worst case scenario, Paterno knew exactly what was going on, swept it under the rug and wiped his hands of it despite being well aware of what Sandusky had done.

Best case scenario, his senility on the field applies off it as well, and he was truly ignorant to the whole matter. However, that doesn't make him, as the head coach, any less responsible.

I'd be shocked if he even got to the end of the season to announce a retirement. If it was anyone other than "Joe Paterno" he would've been gone right alongside every other domino that is falling here. I still think even his name won't save him.

And ttwarrior, get educated on this situation before commenting please. Do some reading. If this doesn't make your moral compass shoot through the roof then I don't know what would. As a father of three, I am so pissed about this that I can barely type.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Hes done

Reputation severely tarnished

When the grad assistant went to paterno and told him the only thing you can do is go directly to the police yourself. That is not info you pass onto someone else hoping they do the right thing.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Let me just put it this way: the grand jury reports Curley (PSU AD) was flat-out lying when he said the GA reported it was just "horsing around," and that he knew full well what happened. Curley resigns accordingly.

Paterno is the one who reported the incident to Curley.

Yet Paterno pleads ignorance and claims he was "shocked" by the full report?

Come on. It doesn't add up, and once officials and everyone else realizes this publicly, he's done.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

You either die a hero.... or live long enough to become the villain!
    Points Awarded:

visualrealism gave Darkside Magick 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: infamousbacardi

cadillac pete
    cadillac pete's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6636

The Catholic Church or the Penn St football dept? Can't cover things like this up.

P.F.Kasooff
    P.F.Kasooff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Many powerful people have wanted JoePa gone for years... This will be their 'excuse' to rid themselves of this guy who has long ago outlived his usefulness

Also, I smell a class action big time lawsuit

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by P.F.Kasooff View Post
    Many powerful people have wanted JoePa gone for years... This will be their 'excuse' to rid themselves of this guy who has long ago outlived his usefulness

Also, I smell a class action big time lawsuit
    Exactly. There are plenty of non-football people around the university who couldn't care less if he keeps his job, and now they have legitimate reason to push him out.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Let me just put it this way: the grand jury reports Curley (PSU AD) was flat-out lying when he said the GA reported it was just "horsing around," and that he knew full well what happened. Curley resigns accordingly. Paterno is the one who reported the incident to Curley. Yet Paterno pleads ignorance and claims he was "shocked" by the full report? Come on. It doesn't add up, and once officials and everyone else realizes this publicly, he's done.

NC, I am with you on this deal. I read the 23 page GJ report and this is the sickest of individuals. I think this story is not anywhere near complete. I am starting to wonder if the enablers at PSU are sick deranged molestersm themselves.

The real funny thing to me was how PSU always acted like they were above the southern schools because they cared more about there program and university than football. If that is not the biggest crock of shit I don't know what is. What OSU,Miami, and others have done over the years looks like a walk in the part.

MichaelWaters
    MichaelWaters's Avatar Become A Pro!

i bet this guy banged his wife silly to make up for it perry style

therookie300
    therookie300's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nxer View Post
    Hes done

Reputation severely tarnished

When the grad assistant went to paterno and told him the only thing you can do is go directly to the police yourself. That is not info you pass onto someone else hoping they do the right thing.
    Technically what he heard from the grad student was hearsay. His duties at that point were to report it to the AD. When there was no clear resolution to the mess then he should have gone to the authorities.

You have a better case if you were stating that the grad student should have went directly to the police. Since he is the actual witness to these atrocities.

What you would you have done? I think getting a lawyer is the first step because you are now involved even though it wasn't you involved in the act.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    NC, I am with you on this deal. I read the 23 page GJ report and this is the sickest of individuals. I think this story is not anywhere near complete. I am starting to wonder if the enablers at PSU are sick deranged molestersm themselves.

The real funny thing to me was how PSU always acted like they were above the southern schools because they cared more about there program and university than football. If that is not the biggest crock of shit I don't know what is. What OSU,Miami, and others have done over the years looks like a walk in the part.
    Exactly. Tressel looks like a choir boy in his self-proclaimed "ignorance" compared to this.

Again, Paterno may not have done anything directly, but to pretend this is the first he's heard of the depths of Sandusky's disturbance is laughable. I'm starting to wonder if Paterno knew long before even 2002 that Sandusky had a problem, hence the "retirement" in '99. I can all but guarantee you that Paterno was well aware this man had serious problems, and it specifically came to light at the latest to Paternoin 2002. His "statement" of "shock" today was borderline embarrassing.

I'm not saying Paterno should face any criminal charges, but he should lose his position as head football coach at Penn State University without question.

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

is this really that big of a deal? It's just guys goofing off, joshing around in the shower and sh*t

we all did that, played soap battle games and stuff, and yeah sometimes a guy would get a bonar and we'd maybe tease him about it, maybe smack it to annoy him, or if we felt like it maybe suck him off

i mean these kids were getting a lot of attention from guys they looked up to, man these kids must of felt like a million bucks joshing around in the shower with Penn St coaches, being treated as an equal, one of the guys, you know, they really felt like they belonged with a great bunch of guys

whats the big deal?

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

just got finished reading the 23 page indictment.....penn state is done!!!

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDime View Post
    is this really that big of a deal? It's just guys goofing off, joshing around in the shower and sh*t

we all did that, played soap battle games and stuff, and yeah sometimes a guy would get a bonar and we'd maybe tease him about it, maybe smack it to annoy him, or if we felt like it maybe suck him off

i mean these kids were getting a lot of attention from guys they looked up to, man these kids must of felt like a million bucks joshing around in the shower with Penn St coaches, being treated as an equal, one of the guys, you know, they really felt like they belonged with a great bunch of guys

whats the big deal?
    One helluva team player

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDime View Post

whats the big deal?
    . Mods ban this fool, do you even know what's going on? ... and everyone else I think joepa is done at the end of this year, joe doesn't look like he knows what's going on stop thinking he is a 50 yeard old when is he is 85 .. the man doesn't have all his marbles... and his legacy won't be tarnished 10 15 years from now people will have forgotten about this

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    . Mods ban this fool, do you even know what's going on? ... and everyone else I think joepa is done at the end of this year, joe doesn't look like he knows what's going on stop thinking he is a 50 yeard old when is he is 85 .. the man doesn't have all his marbles... and his legacy won't be tarnished 10 15 years from now people will have forgotten about this
    I think (hope) he was being facetious.

As for Paterno's legacy, if he isn't careful, this will not only tarnish it, but define it.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Maybe "Soap Battles" are a rite of passage onto receiving a footbal scholarship from Paterno?

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

attorney general on right now.......they look like they going for the throat @ penn state!!!!

MichaelWaters
    MichaelWaters's Avatar Become A Pro!

law enforcement is so assbackwards this guy was in the psu inner-circle where dozens of ppl had to know what he was doing. but hes a somebody so he got away with raping boys for years. then you see to catch a predator where they lure in a carpenter from toledo by posing as a 15 yr old girl in an adult chat room. it takes her weeks to convince him to meet her then he finally does and his life is over. they cant/wont catch the bad guys so they make their own. just like it was 5000 yrs ago

1234 ... Last