jacharron17
    jacharron17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2608

Anyone see value in Thiago Santos, or are there too many holes in his game for Jon Jones to exploit? I have this fight as 72/28 for Jones, so some value on Santos.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by jacharron17 View Post
    Anyone see value in Thiago Santos, or are there too many holes in his game for Jon Jones to exploit? I have this fight as 72/28 for Jones, so some value on Santos.
    Too many holes for Jones to exploit.

jacharron17
    jacharron17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2608

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Too many holes for Jones to exploit.
    That's what I figure. Thanks for the reply Hugo!
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave jacharron17 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja

This is your hourly reminder that Eryk Anders played football at Alabama.

magpie878
    magpie878's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7077

Don't believe any Santos hype this week. That last fight was especially a joke, guy didn't even attack, sat getting punched. JJ isn't going to sit back.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by magpie878 View Post
    Don't believe any Santos hype this week. That last fight was especially a joke, guy didn't even attack, sat getting punched. JJ isn't going to sit back.
    Bones Jones all day

magpie878

Bones Jones all day
    My issue right now is what to bet. Jones wins by decisions as well as other ways, whereas you pretty much know what you're getting with Ngannou.

Not sure how I'll bet this one.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by magpie878 View Post
    My issue right now is what to bet. Jones wins by decisions as well as other ways, whereas you pretty much know what you're getting with Ngannou.

Not sure how I'll bet this one.
    only way to bet this is props really..
    i highly doubt this goes to a decision the way Santos fights hell gas if he doesnt get a KO
    tough to decide Jones by tko or sub .... i see him getting a takedown and landing damaging shots will he get the tko off that or hurt him and sink in a submission?

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Yadong Song!!!

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Just got back from Vegas for a Week.....Destroyed the last card LIVE.....looking to crush this one as well...

Baraldsson
    Baraldsson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 660

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Just got back from Vegas for a Week.....Destroyed the last card LIVE.....looking to crush this one as well...
    What way you see the Askren vs Masvidal & Nunes vs Holm fights playing out, Paper?

Teem
    Teem's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3534

Gonna do 2 parlays...

Sanchez ML
    Not Allen ITD OR Yadong ML OR Shahbazyan/Marshman No Dec

Askren ML
    Gadelha ML
    Naurdiev ML

Enfuego
    Enfuego's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2459

Quote Originally Posted by Teem View Post
    Gonna do 2 parlays...

Sanchez ML
    Not Allen ITD OR Yadong ML OR Shahbazyan/Marshman No Dec

Askren ML
    Gadelha ML
    Naurdiev ML
    Why Sanchez? Chiesa isn't Mickey Gall.

richie360
    richie360's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9202

Cheisa gets rid of Sanchez early. Love Diego but anyone who isn’t the lowest level of opposition deals with him comfortably now.

PaperTrail07

Right--im w ya....maybe not early...but end result is a sanchez loss here...
    Quote Originally Posted by richie360 View Post
    Cheisa gets rid of Sanchez early. Love Diego but anyone who isn’t the lowest level of opposition deals with him comfortably now.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Event Background

A UFC Light Heavyweight Championship bout between current two-time champion Jon Jones and Thiago Santos is expected to serve as the event headliner.[3]

A UFC Women's Bantamweight Championship bout between the current champion Amanda Nunes (also current UFC Women's Featherweight Champion) and former champion Holly Holm is expected to serve as the event co-headliner.[3]

A bout between former UFC Heavyweight title challenger Francis Ngannou and former UFC Heavyweight Champion Junior dos Santos was scheduled to take place at this event.[4] The matchup was originally scheduled to take place in September 2017 at UFC 215, but dos Santos pulled out of that event, citing a failed drug test.[5] However, it was reported on May 21, that the bout was being moved to headline UFC on ESPN 3 after former UFC Welterweight ChampionTyron Woodley was forced to pull out of his rematch against also former champion Robbie Lawler due to a hand injury.[6]

A featherweight bout between former Strikeforce and WEC Lightweight Champion (as well as former UFC Lightweight Championship challenger) Gilbert Melendez and Arnold Allen has been scheduled for the event.[7] The matchup was originally scheduled to take place in November 2018 at The Ultimate Fighter: Heavy Hitters Finale, however Melendez pulled out of the fight citing an injury.[8]

A bantamweight bout between The Ultimate Fighter: Latin America bantamweight winner Alejandro Pérez and Yadong Song is scheduled to take place at this event.[9] The matchup was originally scheduled to take place in March 2019 at UFC 235, but Song pulled out of the fight for undisclosed reasons.[10]

Sean O'Malley was expected to face Marlon Vera at the event. However, O'Malley announced his withdraw from the bout on June 21 due a failed test for ostarine. The Nevada State Athletic Commission decided to suspend him due to the failed test, however the United States Anti Doping Association USADA will not impose any further sanctions. The ostarine in his system was likely residual from his previously failed test prior to UFC 229.[11] O'Malley was replaced by newcomer Nohelin Hernandez.[12]

Melissa Gatto was scheduled to face Julia Avila at the event. However, Gatto was removed from the card on June 24 for undisclosed reasons and replaced by returning veteran Pannie Kianzad.[13]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_239

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Two of the greatest mixed martial artists of all time return to the Octagon to defend their belts. Jon Jones faces Thiago Santos and Amanda Nunes takes on former champion Holly Holm. See these athletes train and prepare for their UFC 239 bouts.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Quote Originally Posted by richie360 View Post
    No love for Diego Sanchez.

Sad, sad, world we're living in.

Teem
    Teem's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3534

How does Chiesa take out Sanchez early? He doesn't KO anybody and he himself has been subbed several times...

PaperTrail07

I picture Chiesa being able to get the TD but Sanchez will be active off his back.....just depends what chisea is able to do with a TD...
    Quote Originally Posted by Teem View Post
    How does Chiesa take out Sanchez early? He doesn't KO anybody and he himself has been subbed several times...

PaperTrail07

I love Askren--been wanting him in the UFC for YEARS....however-they could not have picked a more dangerous opponent in Masvidal- I cant look past the Maia fight -he made defense look somewhat easy.....that said I am leaning Masvidal....I also want to see a Askren by decision prop but I cant imagine it will be great.....If mas can keep it on the feet he could get the TKO....the Holm fight for me is tough just because I think they pegged the line.....I will probably have small money on the decision for Holm and just pray the fix is in lol.....gun to the head Nunes probably ends it ITD...... What do you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Baraldsson View Post
    What way you see the Askren vs Masvidal & Nunes vs Holm fights playing out, Paper?
    Points Awarded:

Baraldsson gave PaperTrail07 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

magpie878

Checked DK for you, just to see, but no props of any kind on the Askren fight yet.
    Last edited by magpie878; 07-02-19 at 02:37 PM. Reason: past tense
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave magpie878 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja

Askren Decision is like (+100) on Dimes
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave Hugo de Naranja 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11889

Looking at parlaying JJ and Amanda ITD props.. I think Santos and Holly Holm lose and lose ITD.. Liking the wrestler in Ben Asken, may hedge with the Masvidal KO but maybe not.. Starting to cap this event now.. This is what I'm seeing early on in the big fights.. Props

1229 Masvidal wins by TKO/KO +350
    1211 Askren wins by 3 round decision -106

1109 Nunes wins inside distance -119
    1009 Jones wins inside distance -210
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

This is a great card!!!!!

Hugo de Naranja

I'm liking where your head is at Jibs.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I'm liking where your head is at Jibs.
    Well it's alot easier to gauge and bet on fighters that you really know. This card is stacked with vets we really know. I know the fighters on this card.. So do you..

Cards like this you don't even need to really cap to be honest. Just get fighter updates. You know how the fights will probably go.

We should clean up Hugo.

Hugo de Naranja

Have my biggest bet in a long time on Rockhold ML at (-156). 7.8u to win 5u. Let's go Luke!
    Points Awarded:

KingHawkins gave Hugo de Naranja 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

LBfightlife
    LBfightlife's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1062

Any tips for live betting in Vegas, never done it before. I am going to be at the show so I guess my action would have to be on 5 dimes?

Also guys what are you thinking about Gilbert in this fight?

Baraldsson
    Baraldsson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 660

I love Askren--been wanting him in the UFC for YEARS....however-they could not have picked a more dangerous opponent in Masvidal- I cant look past the Maia fight -he made defense look somewhat easy.....that said I am leaning Masvidal....I also want to see a Askren by decision prop but I cant imagine it will be great.....If mas can keep it on the feet he could get the TKO....the Holm fight for me is tough just because I think they pegged the line.....I will probably have small money on the decision for Holm and just pray the fix is in lol.....gun to the head Nunes probably ends it ITD...... What do you think?
    I'm taking Askren and Nunes. Agree Masvidal is a very dangerous opponent, hoping Askren can avoid getting KOd/TKOd and take a decision or maybe even sub. Showed good chin and great heart after Lawler slammed him on his head so I'm hoping he gets the job done again here.

I could see Nunes getting the finish early as long as she avoids getting kicked in the head. Not a huge Holly fan at all, despite really enjoying her dismantling Ronda. See her as fairly limited overall and I don't think she'll be able to take Amanda's strikes for too long.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Have my biggest bet in a long time on Rockhold ML at (-156). 7.8u to win 5u. Let's go Luke!
    Risky bet here i think. Rockhold has a very bad attitude, bad defence, perhaps bad chin. Blachowichz is also a good striker.

Rockhold at his best is perhaps as good as Jon Jones, so its not a skill thing, its 100% mental.

Talking about title fights...can be Bisping fight all over again.

Im making a small bet on Rockhold myself, but its is with hedge, and i have very little confidence in this bet. But i have to make it, because rockhold should win...but....hes not trustworthy

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Quote Originally Posted by LBfightlife View Post
    Also guys what are you thinking about Gilbert in this fight?

I think it could be fustrating for him fighting a guy using the GSP/Rory MacDonald jab-and-run style of fighting who also has a good wrestling/sub game.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    Risky bet here i think. Rockhold has a very bad attitude, bad defence, perhaps bad chin. Blachowichz is also a good striker.

Rockhold at his best is perhaps as good as Jon Jones, so its not a skill thing, its 100% mental.

Talking about title fights...can be Bisping fight all over again.

Im making a small bet on Rockhold myself, but its is with hedge, and i have very little confidence in this bet. But i have to make it, because rockhold should win...but....hes not trustworthy
    Great style matchup for him. I think the only way Rockhold loses is by KO and that’s an easy hedge at (+550)

PaperTrail07

Oh for sure....I was just impressed with Masvidal vs Maia.....hence I'm thinking he can avoid/stay up vs funky....funky on the feet=loss.....he gets the TD.......I feel mas has decent defense as well....Nunes-I agree.... Both are great fights....
    Quote Originally Posted by Baraldsson View Post
    I'm taking Askren and Nunes. Agree Masvidal is a very dangerous opponent, hoping Askren can avoid getting KOd/TKOd and take a decision or maybe even sub. Showed good chin and great heart after Lawler slammed him on his head so I'm hoping he gets the job done again here.

I could see Nunes getting the finish early as long as she avoids getting kicked in the head. Not a huge Holly fan at all, despite really enjoying her dismantling Ronda. See her as fairly limited overall and I don't think she'll be able to take Amanda's strikes for too long.

Points Awarded:

Baraldsson gave PaperTrail07 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Song ya dong is a cool and interesting name. Probably got to bet on the dong. I always trust my dong. 😆

First 12345 ... Last