strictlypaypal
    strictlypaypal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4351

Dude rockhold looks ginormous omg. How tf did he ever make 185.

Looking at rankings barring dc coming back down i think dana makes rockhold vs jones fast. Only one in top 6 that hasnt lost to jones recently is dc and reyes, and jan but if luke wins theres no way dana gives it to reyes before rockhold.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    Rockhold looking super healthy, his leg looks healthy as well... kicks look extremely powerful
    if his chin holds up hes a real contender at 205 imo... going to smoke Jan
    Sport is mostly mental even if you put in the work.. Let's hope he brings his I WILL NOT LOSE TONIGHT mentality!!! Luke sometimes doesn't use the force..

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Rockhold is this guy who APPEARS to have it all.....but on paper, has not done much in the last 4-5 years...I think hermannson would wipe the floor with both of em......war JOKER lol...
    Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Sport is mostly mental even if you put in the work.. Let's hope he brings his I WILL NOT LOSE TONIGHT mentality!!! Luke sometimes doesn't use the force..
    Points Awarded:

JAKEPEAVY21 gave PaperTrail07 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

MMA Pros Pick

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JIBBBY

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

I'm so hyped for these fights.
    Points Awarded:

JAKEPEAVY21 gave Hugo de Naranja 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07 gave Hugo de Naranja 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

HurlSweatPants gave Hugo de Naranja 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Teem
    Teem's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3534

Yeah me too. I'm gonna try to not be too drunk for it.

PaperTrail07

Same... this is @ home full sound on type shit
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post

Enfuego
    Enfuego's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2459

Really? I think this card blows. I can't get excited for fights that are all -220 and above.

PaperTrail07

Last card was damn near all -300's and it was penetrating great IMO....I know what you mean though....I think (1) dog won....Pichel (from hell) like +225....
    Quote Originally Posted by Enfuego View Post
    Really? I think this card blows. I can't get excited for fights that are all -220 and above.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

As a fan I'm pretty pumped too!!! Solid card...

Enfuego

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Last card was damn near all -300's and it was penetrating great IMO....I know what you mean though....I think (1) dog won....Pichel (from hell) like +225....
    I guess going into the card I'm not pumped but like last week, it could turn and actually be very exciting.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave Enfuego 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja

Who cares that a lot of the fights are lined widely? We get to see some of the best mixed martial artists on the planet face off against real tests.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5366

Who cares what the lines are. It's all about enjoying the fights and matchups...

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    Your hourly reminder: Henry Cejudo won a gold medal in the olympics!

Enfuego

Who cares that a lot of the fights are lined widely? We get to see some of the best mixed martial artists on the planet face off against real tests.
    Well, it's fair to assume with lines lined so widely you don't get to see the best mixed martial artists on the planet face off against real tests.

That's my only point.

Enfuego

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Who cares what the lines are. It's all about enjoying the fights and matchups...
    I'd prefer to see competitive UFC not -650, -550, -370, -800, -350 UFC. Save the huge lines for Bellator.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5366

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    Is he your ex or are you guys still together?

JC2008
    JC2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2519

Well, it's fair to assume with lines lined so widely you don't get to see the best mixed martial artists on the planet face off against real tests.

That's my only point.
    MMA underdogs also cash a lot of the time, and a lot of those times the line doesn't mean shit. i.e. Elkins/Bektic. In fact, if I remember correctly, Elkins was the biggest dog on that card at +550ish.

Enfuego

Quote Originally Posted by JC2008 View Post
    MMA underdogs also cash a lot of the time, and a lot of those times the line doesn't mean shit. i.e. Elkins/Bektic. In fact, if I remember correctly, Elkins was the biggest dog on that card at +550ish.

Well, you're right and wrong. Small dogs where the fav is -150-199 have cashed this year at an almost 50% rate.

Favs that are -250 and above are 57-14 this year using closing lines.

Teem

Diego at +320. Idc, I'm smackin that.

Teem

Avila or Kianzad?

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by Teem View Post
    Avila or Kianzad?
    Avila

Pr0ph3t
    Pr0ph3t's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Avila. Blachowicz/Santos the only UDs I’m betting on.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Is it me or is Claudia Gadelha looking less healthy/hot/attractive after getting her boobs done.

Didn't even recognize her weighing in.

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

Would you say the same of Khabib?
    This is a very fair point about Askren. But I think Askren differs from both Khabib and Usman in two ways: (1) I think his striking defense is the worst of the three. (2) Khabib and Usman can be physically dominant over top contenders in their division in a way Askren can not (which only matters when the skill levels are very closely matched). So yes, I would call all 3 of those fighters relatively one dimensional, but none more so than Askren.

I will admit though, if he gets past Masvidal he likely sees a few favorable style matchups going forward. They might need to bring in different judges to judge a fight between him and Colby, Woodley, or Usman. Not sure the typical judges would even know what they're watching.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

"Butt bombs."

What would Herb Dean do?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Does anyone else thing Diego has a shot? I think Diego is pretty washed up but Chiesa isn't the greatest striker which is Diego big weakness cause we all know he is a punching bag. Diego gets caught early it is over like usual but i just see this turning into a ground battle and i think Diego is better. Good golly sweet Molly i never thought i would ever bet Diego again.

nyrider88
    nyrider88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3636

very pumped for this event. havnt had this much talents on a card in a long long time. really, when was the last big event? mcnugget and brock?

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

There is nothing special about this card. It is okay but geez nothing great. With the top three two of them have very good chance to be total bore fest. Holly has just enuf talent to use her pathetic soft punches to bore us for five rounds. I would love to see Nunes smash her. Of course Asken could make this into a sleep fest if Mass fights like an idiot and he is one guy who fights like an idiot from time to time. Not sure i ever saw Santos in a bad fight so that one has promise especially when a wildman fights the Goat. It is good to see Luke back even tho he might be the most self centered guy in the UFC. I was way more siked with ufc 238. I think we have had some real crappy cards lately so everyone thinks this is a super one.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
    This is a very fair point about Askren. But I think Askren differs from both Khabib and Usman in two ways: (1) I think his striking defense is the worst of the three. (2) Khabib and Usman can be physically dominant over top contenders in their division in a way Askren can not (which only matters when the skill levels are very closely matched). So yes, I would call all 3 of those fighters relatively one dimensional, but none more so than Askren.

I will admit though, if he gets past Masvidal he likely sees a few favorable style matchups going forward. They might need to bring in different judges to judge a fight between him and Colby, Woodley, or Usman. Not sure the typical judges would even know what they're watching.
    Agree with (1) and (3) but less sure about (2). Although Askren has a "Dad Bod" and is definitely the least athletic of the three, he is shockingly strong. I personally think he rolls through Masvidal here but much respect to Jorge if he catches Ben on the feet.

Askren is extremely one dimensional but that one dimension is very, very good.

Hugo de Naranja

Also I don't think Askren will ever fight Woodley since they're like best friends and longtime training partners.

Baraldsson
    Baraldsson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 660

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post

"Butt bombs."

What would Herb Dean do?
    Reckon we were seconds away from "Stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself" there.

Baraldsson
    Baraldsson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 660

Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
    I don't think Askren will ever fight Woodley since they're like best friends and longtime training partners.
    Askren & Woodley won't fight each other but I'd love to see Askren school Covington. Askren vs Usman a little harder to call IMO.

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

Very little time this past couple of weeks and a card full of big favs... this might actually be a hard pass for me with no bets.

Yadong/Askren parlay is just barely plus money at +112. I don’t love the value on either guy but I do think they both win. Maaaaybe that’s playable small.

Chance/Naurdiev u2.5 is +120. There might be some value in that line.

Shabazyan/Marshman FDGTD -175 seems like an okay line as well, but you have the possibility Shabaz lay n prays. Shabazyan sub +425 (was way higher earlier this week) isn’t terrible given how long this fight could be on the mat.

unlearn
    unlearn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15343

Allen dec-110 (Gil washed)
    Askren dec +105 (wet blanket)
    Bones-680/Nunes-340/Chiesa-355/Rockhold-240 (yes I would love some juice with my chalk parlay)

First 1234567 ... Last