PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

NICE WORK JIBBERS>.....I always told encouraged you to just stay focused....glad a few bad events didn't discourage you...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    NICE WORK JIBBERS>.....I always told encouraged you to just stay focused....glad a few bad events didn't discourage you...
    Thanks Paper and Hugo, it's been an off last year for me in MMA, looking to get off to a good start this year.. So far so good...

Funny thing is I wasn't focused.. Not alot of hedging or over thinking.. Kinda just tailed off the Patrick Stewart MMAMANIA picks to be honest, although I did cap the fights and confirmed that most of his picks were legit.. Modified a few of those picks to my liking.. The Krause straight was all me.. The main event fight wins were all me also. I think some of the credit has to go to Patrick Stewart of MMA MANIA though with this event and not JIBBBY to be completely honest.. I did not tail blindly on any one fight though as I never do that....

Look at his prop picks as most hit.. Look at my bets as they are mostly the same... I'm not the real capping sharpy this go around but I'll take the win..

Patrick Stewarts picks -

125 lbs.: Kalindra Fariavs. Jessica Eye
    Kalindra Faria (18-6-1) put losses to Jessica Aguilar and Karolina Kowalkiewicz behind her with three consecutive wins, including a rubber match victory over Carina Damm for the Titan FC Bantamweight title. This earned her a spot in UFC, where she suffered an upset submission loss to late replacement Mara Romero Borella in her Octagon debut.

She owns seven professional wins by form of knockout and another five via submission.
    The good news for Jessica Eye (11-6) is that she’s finally in her proper division. The bad news is that “Evil” re-enters it on a four-fight losing streak, although she deserved the win over Bethe Correia last time out.
    She has not fought since Sept. 2016 due to both Aspen Ladd and Paige VanZant pulling out of planned bouts.
    I feel like I say this every time I predict one of her fights, but Eye is legitimately better than her 1-5 UFC record would suggest. The decisions against Alexis Davis and Bethe Correia could have easily gone her way and the three women she lost clearly to were Miesha Tate, Sara McMann and Julianna Pena, all powerhouse grapplers and considerably larger than Eye.
    At 125 pounds, she’ll do much better. Faria is a dangerous, powerful slugger, but Eye’s boxing is significantly sharper. She picks apart Faria to finally get back on track.
    Prediction: Eye via unanimous decision

135 lbs.:
    Talita Bernardo vs. Irene Aldana

Talita Bernardo (5-2) — riding a four-fight win streak — stepped up on less than a week’s notice to face Marion Reneau in Rotterdam last September. While she started strong, Reneau eventually overpowered her with ground-and-pound en route to a stoppage with just six seconds to go.
    She is a full six inches shorter than Mexico’s Irene Aldana (7-4).
    Aldana entered UFC with some hype following a pair of impressive knockouts in Invicta. She’s since struggled to regain that form, losing decisions to Leslie Smith and Katlyn Chookagian but earning “Fight of the Night” against the former.
    She owns five professional wins by (technical) knockout and another two by submission.
    I won’t deny that I’ve been disappointed with Aldana’s UFC run, but she’s still way too much for Bernardo. In addition to the massive height discrepancy, Bernardo looks like a complete novice on the feet, wholly unequipped to handle Aldana’s power and aggression.
    She’s solid on the ground, of course, but her takedowns are inconsistent and Aldana shut down Chookagian’s wrestling in their fight. “Robles” sprawls-and-brawls to her first UFC victory.
    Prediction: Aldana via second-round technical knockout

115 lbs.:
    Danielle Taylor vs. J.J. Aldrich

Danielle Taylor (9-2) won the King of the Cage Strawweight title twice before joining UFC, where she lost a snoozer to Maryna Moroz in her debut. She has since picked up controversial victories over Seo Hee Ham and Jessica Penne, which the majority of the mixed martial arts (MMA) media scored for her opponents.
    She stands five inches shorter than J.J. Aldrich (5-2) at 5’0” and will give up seven inches of reach.
    Aldrich impressed Joanna Jedrzejczyk enough to be her first pick on The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 23, only to fall in a clash with Team Claudia top pick Tatiana Suarez. Things didn’t go much better in her UFC debut against Juliana Lima, but she did manage to defeat Chan Mi Jeon at UFC Fight Night 110.
    Two of her five professional wins have come by form of knockout.
    I firmly believe Taylor has not won a single fight in UFC. She deserved to lose against Ham and certainly did not get the better of Jessica Penne. She has zero urgency or volume — it’s like judges look at her build and decide that any strike she lands must be a fight-changer.
    Unfortunately for her, Aldrich is a skilled and active striker who defused a decent slugger in Jeon last time out and will have an unreasonably amount of range on her. She picks apart Taylor at range so thoroughly that even Taylor’s hypnosis fails to win enough judges over.
    Prediction: Aldrich via unanimous decision

145 lbs.:
    Mads Burnell vs. Mike Santiago

Mads Burnell (8-2) — riding a three-fight win streak — stepped up on short notice to face the human bulldozer that is Michel Prazeres in Rotterdam. His submission defense held up for two rounds, but the Brazilian — who came in overweight — caught him in a north-south choke early in the third.
    His five submission wins include two by Japanese necktie.
    The good news for Mike Santiago (21-10) was that his knockout victory on Dana White’s “Tuesday Night Contender Series” earned him a spot in UFC. The bad news was that he had to welcome Zabit Magomedsharipov to the Octagon, suffering a submission loss in the process.
    He has just one decision win since May 2011.
    Burnell had basically the worst possible stylistic match up in his UFC debut. I expect him to do much better at his proper weight class against someone who isn’t as wide as Burnell is tall. Santiago is aggressive and well-rounded, but those 10 losses include eight by submission and Burnell has some nasty chokes.
    The jury’s out on whether Burnell has the wrestling to be a real threat, but he’s fighting out of a decent camp and has lots of time to improve at age 23. Santiago’s onslaught opens him up to a takedown, after which Burnell locks up something unpleasant as they scramble.
    Prediction: Burnell via first-round submission

135 lbs.:
    Kyung Ho Kang vs. Guido Cannetti

Kyung Ho Kang (13-7) got off to a shaky UFC start, losing close decisions to Alex Caceres and Chico Camus, before finally picking up a win over Shunichi Shimizu in Singapore. He went on to scrape past Michinori Tanaka in hostile territory, winning “Fight of the Night” in the process.
    This will be his first fight in more than three years because of South Korea’s mandatory military service.
    Guido Cannetti (7-2) got a second chance on TUF: “Latin America” when teammate Marlon Vera suffered a skin infection, only to get demolished by eventual winner Alejandro Perez in the semifinals. He has since split his UFC bouts, falling to Enrique Briones in his promotional debut before upsetting Hugo Viana his next time out.
    He has not fought in more than two years because of a failed drug test.
    Three years is a long-ass time, but not long enough to keep this from being a one-sided wipeout. Cannetti is a limited, chinny brawler who cannot match Kang’s size, wrestling ability or submission skills. Though Kang has had issues with maintaining position, Cannetti isn’t anywhere near the caliber of scrambler Caceres or Tanaka is and his wild rushes are perfect double-leg fodder.
    The only question in this fight is whether Kang is too rusty to get the finish. I say no. He taps Cannetti in the first round.
    Prediction: Kang via first-round submission

145 lbs.: Darren Elkins vs. Michael Johnson
    Darren Elkins (23-5) — once an afterthought at 145 pounds — has emerged as an unexpected contender under the tutelage of Team Alpha Male. His current five-fight run includes wins over Chas Skelly, Mirsad Bektic and Dennis Bermudez, all fights in which he was an underdog.
    “The Damage” will give up two inches of arm and leg reach to Michael Johnson (17-12).
    It’s been a rocky road for Johnson, who snapped a two-fight losing streak with a stunning knockout of Dustin Poirier before dropping two straight to Khabib Nurmagomedov and Justin Gaethje. To his credit, the latter battle earned several “Fight of the Year” accolades, but he’s taking the plunge to 145 nonetheless.
    He has scored eight professional wins by (technical) knockout.
    I’ve picked against Elkins in three of his last four fights and the crow is starting to taste bad. I’m going to put my faith in him here, which will probably result in him losing, but I’ve actually got good reason.
    Frankly, I think moving to 145 pounds is a terrible decision for Johnson. That 1-4 run he’s on should be 2-3 -- he deserved the win against Beneil Dariush. And losing to monsters like Khabib Nurmagomedov and Justin Gaethje is nothing to be ashamed of. A fully equipped Johnson has the firepower to take out Ekins, but I can’t pick him to win his Featherweight debut against a guy with this sort of pressure. Elkins, as always, walks through fire to wear down Johnson and eke out the decision.
    Prediction: Elkins via split decision

155 lbs.:
    James Krause vs. Alex White

James Krause (24-7) — despite a two-fight win streak — decided to try his luck on The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 25, where he reached the semifinals before getting overpowered by Jesse Taylor. He got back on track on the Finale with a decision over Tom Gallicchio, upping his UFC record to 5-3.
    He is two inches taller than Alex White (12-3) and will have as many inches of reach on him.
    White started his UFC as a Featherweight, going 2-2 with wins over Estevan Payan and Artem Lobov. Following the latter victory, he made the jump to lightweight, where he’s suffered a decision loss to Tony Martin and scored a technical knockout finish of Mitch Clarke.
    He owns five professional wins each by knockout and submission.
    White is tough, powerful and relentless. What he isn’t is slick enough to get inside on Krause or sufficiently equipped to exploit Krause’s iffy takedown defense. All the grit in the world isn’t worth squat if he’s getting picked off by jabs and long kicks the entire time.
    Krause’s skillset (strong striking and grappling without the wrestling to support it) isn’t enough to carry him into the division elite. It is, however, more than sufficient to take out mid-tier sluggers like White. Krause pieces him up at range and threatens a few takedowns to take home the decision.
    Prediction: Krause via unanimous decision

155 lbs.:
    Matt Frevola vs. Polo Reyes

Five consecutive victories, including one each in World Series of Fighting and Titan FC, put Matt Frevola (6-0) in center stage on the “Tuesday Night Contender Series” season finale. There, “The Steamrolla” took on fellow unbeaten Jose Flores and picked up his third professional submission victory.
    In addition to his professional record, he went 8-0 as an amateur.
    Polo Reyes (7-4) was outgunned by teammate Horacio Gutierrez on TUF: “Latin America” 2, but proved his chops with three wins in his first three UFC appearances, including a “Fight of the Year” contender against Dong Hyun Kim. The momentum was not to last, however, as he was beaten down by James Vick this past May.
    At 5’11,” he is two inches taller than Frevola.
    Frevola is built for entertainment. What he isn’t built for is consistent success. He keeps his hands low and marches forward, winging haymakers and looking for poorly disguised takedowns. Reyes is right at the threshold of people he has a shot against.
    And, I think, just ever-so-slightly on the wrong side of it. Frevola is going to slug it out with Reyes, which is the worst possible way to fight him. Unless Frevola’s wrestling is sharper than it’s looked, Reyes outbrawls him on his way to a late stoppage.
    Prediction: Reyes via second-round technical knockout

170 lbs.:
    Thiago Alvesvs. Zak Cummings

A tough loss to Carlos Condit sent Thiago Alves down to 155 pounds, where he promptly missed weight by over six pounds, and lost a decision to Jim Miller. He went back to 170 pounds and handily beat Patrick Cote, but Hurricane Irma left him unable to face Mike Perry in September.
    He owns eight UFC wins by knockout, though just one since 2008.
    Though he fell short on TUF 17, Zak Cummings (21-5) has established himself as a capable Welterweight despite a couple of scale fails. He is currently on a 4-1 streak wherein he survived the distance against Santiago Ponzinibbio and earned a stoppage in three of the four wins.
    He stands three inches taller than Alves at 6’0.”
    Cummings is definitely on a role and his pressure game is deceptively effective. Even so, Alves’ performance against Cote has me leaning “The Pitbull’s” way. Cummings is fairly straightforward in his attack and is almost certainly slower than Alves, who will have the edge in footwork and the takedown defense to force prolonged striking engagements.
    Though Cummings packs a decent punch, it’s not enough to rattle Alves, who’s proven he can do real damage on the counter. He piles up leg kicks and counter punches on his way to a decision victory.
    Prediction: Alves via unanimous decision

My bets -

Won these -

$100.00 $307.00 Win 1/14/18 11:30pm MMA Props Fighting 1005 Stephens wins inside distance +307* vs Not Stephens inside distance

$100.00 $410.00 Win 1/14/18 9:00pm MMA Props Fighting 1529 Reyes wins by TKO/KO +410* vs Any other result

$50.00 $100.00 Win 1/14/18 8:00pm MMA Props Fighting 1731 Kang wins by submission +200* vs Any other result

$100.00 $128.00 Win 1/14/18 10:30pm MMA Props Fighting 1211 Usman wins by 3 round decision +128* vs Not Usman by 3 round decision

$100.00 $165.00 Win 1/14/18 7:30pm MMA Props Fighting 1811 Eye wins by 3 round decision +165* vs Not Eye by 3 round decision

$170.00 $100.00 Win 1/14/18 9:30pm UFC Fighting 1402 James Krause -170* vs Alex White

$50.00 $73.00 Win 1/14/18 7:00pm MMA Props Fighting 1911 Aldrich wins by 3 round decision +146* vs Not Aldrich by 3 round decision

Lost these -

$59.00 $106.80 Loss 1/14/18 11:00pm MMA Props Fighting 1111 VanZant wins by 3 round decision +181* vs Not VanZant by 3 round decision

$100.00 $250.00 Loss 1/14/18 10:00pm MMA Props Fighting 1307 Elkins wins by 3 round decision +250* vs Not Elkins by 3 round decision
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-15-18 at 08:40 PM.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Im happy for anyone that made money. The only way to get bitches and cars

turbozed
    turbozed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Turbo i tailed two of ur chick picks and won how did u do with all four? I hit the page fight and the one with the tall skinny chick fighting the Brazilian. Alanda or some shit like that.
    Went 4-0 on the chick picks this event. Glad you won with 2 of them!
    Points Awarded:

Thor4140 gave turbozed 1000 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by turbozed View Post
    Went 4-0 on the chick picks this event. Glad you won with 2 of them!
    i tailed u on two would have tailed u on the other two but was late to the party. I not only won these but u saved me on another card which would have been two defeats. I have a terrible habit of betting blind. Taking a fighter against another i have never seen. You truly do know what you are talking about when it comes to these ladies. It takes a lot for me to go with someone elses picks. I was all against Page but i wanted to see what you saw with the other girl since i never saw her fight. After seeing your write up i took a stab on Page opponent. Here is a little token of my appreciation. Oh and if i ever lose a fight tailing someone i never come back and blame them. I am the ultimate decider if i want to tail a poster.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    bro.... if elkins gets chad mendes ill empty everything into mendes mark my words
    but they fight at the same camp now so i cant see that happening... excited to see mendes back soon hes a darkhorse at 145 if he comes back looking like his old self

give elkins jeremy stephens ... both won tonight and whoever wins that fight gets a top 5 contender scrap possibly next 9/10 ranking matchup... RIP elkins
    i haven't heard anything about Mendes. You said he is coming back? Is this something you heard? Looks like we kinda like the same type of fighter. Wonder what u think about the heavyweight bout coming up. Ill jump in the other thread to get your read. Im torn on this fight. I think it is Stipes to lose if i knew he was gonna use all his tools. I love his hands but he sticks that beard out there way to much for me. I just think Stipe will want to go toe to toe with him to test himself which would be the dumbest game-plan he could implement. Why fight to another guys strengths when u have other tools. Than again i never thought in a million years Cody would be discipline enuf in his fight with Cruz and put on a showing like that

PaperTrail07

Anyone know what Johnson was LIVE going into round 2??? I mean He looked super sharp lol...I was on Elkins and even though I knew he never goes away....didn't feel great about it LOL...

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

i haven't heard anything about Mendes. You said he is coming back? Is this something you heard? Looks like we kinda like the same type of fighter. Wonder what u think about the heavyweight bout coming up. Ill jump in the other thread to get your read. Im torn on this fight. I think it is Stipes to lose if i knew he was gonna use all his tools. I love his hands but he sticks that beard out there way to much for me. I just think Stipe will want to go toe to toe with him to test himself which would be the dumbest game-plan he could implement. Why fight to another guys strengths when u have other tools. Than again i never thought in a million years Cody would be discipline enuf in his fight with Cruz and put on a showing like that
    I believe Mendes got a two year USADA suspension retroactive to his fight with Edgar (or sometime around then)

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

ive heard on a few podcasts hes starting to train again and is coming back fairly soon im pretty sure unless i was super baked haha. but i swear its been close to 2 years now

and imo i love ngannou, love the story and love his style, but hes way to new to the game, i see very big holes in his striking and we havent seen what hes like on his back

stipe can expose all his weaknesses in this fight from cardio , wrestling and striking defense with his fast hands and movement, Stipe is a grinder and not a stupid fighter i dont see him coming out trying to slug with this beast , he wants the win and he doesnt care how he gets it.... of course its HW and Ngannou can knock out a damn horse with that power if he lands... but il take the more well rounded , technically better and vet fighter ESPECIALLY at + money

id need ngannou +150 or more range to be on him in this scrap

turbozed
    turbozed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

i tailed u on two would have tailed u on the other two but was late to the party. I not only won these but u saved me on another card which would have been two defeats. I have a terrible habit of betting blind. Taking a fighter against another i have never seen. You truly do know what you are talking about when it comes to these ladies. It takes a lot for me to go with someone elses picks. I was all against Page but i wanted to see what you saw with the other girl since i never saw her fight. After seeing your write up i took a stab on Page opponent. Here is a little token of my appreciation. Oh and if i ever lose a fight tailing someone i never come back and blame them. I am the ultimate decider if i want to tail a poster.
    Woah thanks a lot for the betpoints bro. Also very glad to hear that my write-ups have helped make you some money. I find it hard to prevent betting just for action too but live betting means I have to force pre-fight bets as much.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    ive heard on a few podcasts hes starting to train again and is coming back fairly soon im pretty sure unless i was super baked haha. but i swear its been close to 2 years now

and imo i love ngannou, love the story and love his style, but hes way to new to the game, i see very big holes in his striking and we havent seen what hes like on his back

stipe can expose all his weaknesses in this fight from cardio , wrestling and striking defense with his fast hands and movement, Stipe is a grinder and not a stupid fighter i dont see him coming out trying to slug with this beast , he wants the win and he doesnt care how he gets it.... of course its HW and Ngannou can knock out a damn horse with that power if he lands... but il take the more well rounded , technically better and vet fighter ESPECIALLY at + money

id need ngannou +150 or more range to be on him in this scrap
    I dont think he is a stupid fighter but man some of these guys have this pride ya just can't break. I could see him going in there to knock this guy out because people say he shouldn't stand with him. I could see ngannou easily gassing if Stipe wrestled him around a little and Stipe has some serious ground and pound. I love when these guys come out of nowhere and are the next big thing because of big knockouts. Guys start swarming to bet on them. Then they finally get cracked and all the hype disappears. Stipe has to realize he wins this with some vicious ground and pound he can start looking at million dollar fights. He knocks him out he might be able to get five million a fight. Man i wish i could somehow get in that camp and know the game plan. I would feel a lot more comfortable if i knew Stipe was gonna go for a takedown.

PaperTrail07

Bueller?
    Anyone know what Johnson was LIVE going into round 2??? I mean He looked super sharp lol...I was on Elkins and even though I knew he never goes away....didn't feel great about it LOL...

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Bueller?
    He was (-600)

PaperTrail07

ok Thanks As for betting, this BELLATOR card looks amazing....Love Roy...but Mitrione should take him out easy.....rest of the favs look good....can MIR really take out fedor?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    He was (-600)

parlayin
    parlayin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2037

Maybe you already know but only the first fight of the Heavyweight Grand Prix is on Saturday's card. Gonna be like a year-long tournament

Jan 20 - Chael/Rampage
    Feb 16 - Roy Nelson/Mitrione
    Apr 6 - Fedor/Mir
    May 11 - King Mo/Bader

PaperTrail07

its great....Get (2) TV's ready BOYZZZ....
    Quote Originally Posted by parlayin View Post
    Maybe you already know but only the first fight of the Heavyweight Grand Prix is on Saturday's card. Gonna be like a year-long tournament

Jan 20 - Chael/Rampage
    Feb 16 - Roy Nelson/Mitrione
    Apr 6 - Fedor/Mir
    May 11 - King Mo/Bader

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

First ... 10111213