Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!

UFC Fight Night: Stephens vs. Choi | 14.01.2018 (St. Louis, Missouri)

Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave Sato 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY gave Sato 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Sato

Kamaru Usman Vs. Emil Weber Meek is also on the card. Will update when source website updates.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9273

Thanks for making the thread man. Yessssss I'm so happy i get to watch doo ho choi fight again!!! I love watching him fight and definitely will be taking him to win. He could of beat cub swanson last time and i think he beats jeremy stephens who I'm not a fan of at all.

WolfTicketDealer
    WolfTicketDealer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1334

Thinking Choi by Decision (+365). Say what you will about Jeremy "Who da fook is that guy" Stephens but he's tough to finish. Could maybe as a hedge take Stephens R4 and R5 if Choi tires (although Stephens has zero championship round finishes, outside of the regional scene).

Johnson v. Elkins should be fun too.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6766

RIP Belfort hopefully he retires after getting KOD here

Stephens/ Choi is going to be fireworks.. Not sure if Stephens can man handle him with his strength / power advantage or Choi will pepper him with shots and take him out, im not sure this fight goes to decision though regardless who wins

and michael johnson/ elkins is going to be a dog fight.... i got Michael by decision in that one, hes to athletic and fast for Elkins
    175 pts

3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/12/2018

$20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2018

Sato

Yeah I agree about Johnson.

Lean: Choi, Johnson, Hall. Depending on line Danielle Taylor I would pick also by dec.

Hugo de Naranja
    Risk a Little, Win a Lot
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3266

Quote Originally Posted by WolfTicketDealer View Post
    Thinking Choi by Decision (+365). Say what you will about Jeremy "Who da fook is that guy" Stephens but he's tough to finish. Could maybe as a hedge take Stephens R4 and R5 if Choi tires (although Stephens has zero championship round finishes, outside of the regional scene).

Johnson v. Elkins should be fun too.
    He is the most consistent decision loser in UFC history. Choi Decision is up to (+454).
    175 pts

3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/02/2018

Hugo de Naranja
    Risk a Little, Win a Lot

I like Choi a lot as a fighter. I think he has a great style. But is he the most hittable guy in the UFC? He absorbs 6.2 SS/min and even got rocked by Sam Sicilia.
    175 pts

3-QUESTION

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9273

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    I like Choi a lot as a fighter. I think he has a great style. But is he the most hittable guy in the UFC? He absorbs 6.2 SS/min and even got rocked by Sam Sicilia.
    In his defense what was that before he fought cub Swanson in that crazy brawl?

Hugo de Naranja
    Risk a Little, Win a Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    That's a good question. Definitely better than that. Finished Puig and Tavares with the first punch he landed. Got tagged up quite a bit by Sam Sicilia.
    175 pts

3-QUESTION

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar SBR PRO

Great card.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2165

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    RIP Belfort hopefully he retires after getting KOD here

Stephens/ Choi is going to be fireworks.. Not sure if Stephens can man handle him with his strength / power advantage or Choi will pepper him with shots and take him out, im not sure this fight goes to decision though regardless who wins

and michael johnson/ elkins is going to be a dog fight.... i got Michael by decision in that one, hes to athletic and fast for Elkins
    There was a time u just couldn't wait to see a Vitor fight. Just electrifying. Now it is basically betting him and screaming at the televison "Vitor please throw a punch" I had him against Nate the great which i thought could have went either way or most likely a loss and that was the last time i will ever bet him. Just a shell of himself. I can't imagine hands like this and throwing three punches a round. If Uriah Hall loses this fight he might as well give up the sport also. Uriah may lose the way he gives respect to his opponents. He may walk around the ring with Vitor waiting for Vitor to punch. He could blast Vitor right out of there but im not sure he has that in his makeup.
    Points Awarded:

KingHawkins gave Thor4140 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Sato

Halls last fight vs Jotko could be similiar vs Vitor. Jotko won round 1 and clipped Hall pretty good but he gassed out coming into the 2nd. Pressure and threat was gone. If Vitor blitzes and catches Hall it could be over BUT he could survive and beat a gassed Vitor.

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    There was a time u just couldn't wait to see a Vitor fight. Just electrifying. Now it is basically betting him and screaming at the televison "Vitor please throw a punch" I had him against Nate the great which i thought could have went either way or most likely a loss and that was the last time i will ever bet him. Just a shell of himself. I can't imagine hands like this and throwing three punches a round. If Uriah Hall loses this fight he might as well give up the sport also. Uriah may lose the way he gives respect to his opponents. He may walk around the ring with Vitor waiting for Vitor to punch. He could blast Vitor right out of there but im not sure he has that in his makeup.
    i thought nate won that fight imo... but i agree vitor just has a lot of mental hurdles , when he was on the juice that man was a killer but hes to old and just doesnt have it anymore .... i think Uriah will find a way to KO him , even a decision in this fight would be a loss imo unless its a domination... Uriah needs to show hes a real fighter and belongs in the UFC with this set up match and showcase his abilities , he seems like a really cool dude i hope he shows out... and Vitor retires after this , he had a great career but gotta let the young lions eat
    175 pts

3-QUESTION

$20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2018

turbozed
    turbozed's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 308

If Choi just knew how to throw a counter (left hook, jab, anything) moving backwards, he probably would've won that fight with Cub.

I probably won't be betting on him as a favorite against good competition like Stephens unless I've seen him improve his defense. But glad that he's back in the cage.

Hugo de Naranja
    Risk a Little, Win a Lot

Quote Originally Posted by turbozed View Post
    If Choi just knew how to throw a counter (left hook, jab, anything) moving backwards, he probably would've won that fight with Cub.

I probably won't be betting on him as a favorite against good competition like Stephens unless I've seen him improve his defense. But glad that he's back in the cage.
    He Knocked Sam Sicilia Down with a Counter Overhand Right/Left Hook Combination.
    175 pts

3-QUESTION

turbozed

He Knocked Sam Sicilia Down with a Counter Overhand Right/Left Hook Combination.
    I think he's capable of standing his ground and slipping/countering a punch, or even throwing a simultaneous counter. But when Choi decides to back up because the other guy is moving forward with a combo, he switches to pure defense and is not a counter threat anymore.

I just watched the Cub/Choi fight for like the 4th time yesterday (now free on youtube) and there are times when I feel like when he took a few steps back, he could've planted and launched that piston right hand, he probably could've dropped Cub. Instead he either backed to the cage or just until Cub stopped moving forward.

firekillex

Choi is a solid counter striker and is very precise on his jab/straight punches.... super tough but he took a TON of damage in the last fight, but he took a long time off to recover which was really smart.... imo i think he will tag up Stephens with his technical advantage but Stephens just hits so damn hard he can end anybodys night , tough call
    175 pts

3-QUESTION

$20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2018

JollyRogerMMA
    JollyRogerMMA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

He is the most consistent decision loser in UFC history. Choi Decision is up to (+454).
    Worth a small bet

JollyRogerMMA

Femle fights on this card are true trash ... Waiting to see O/U Odds.

Sato

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRogerMMA View Post
    Femle fights on this card are true trash ... Waiting to see O/U Odds.
    Same here. They are probably all going to end in a decision.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

So this event got next..

Kinda liking Lil Heathen by KO or him losing by Dec also... Just starting to look at this event now..

Vitor Belfort is an auto fade for me these days.. Uriah Hall should win if he doesn't get caught in the first minute of the fight.. Hall ITD or by KO should work...

I think MJ beats Elkins as well if he doesn't get clinched and grapple focked..

Hugo de Naranja
    Risk a Little, Win a Lot

Hugo's 100 Point Trivia Question:
    This fighter debuted in the UFC in 2014. This fighter and their debut opponent have combined for a UFC record of 5-8. This fighter has been to decision just once in six UFC fights.

First correct answer will get 100 BetPoints from me.
    175 pts

3-QUESTION

firekillex

Hugo's 100 Point Trivia Question:
    This fighter debuted in the UFC in 2014. This fighter and their debut opponent have combined for a UFC record of 5-8. This fighter has been to decision just once in six UFC fights.

First correct answer will get 100 BetPoints from me.
    paige vanzant?
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave firekillex 100 Betpoint(s) for this post.

175 pts

3-QUESTION

$20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2018

Hugo de Naranja
    Risk a Little, Win a Lot

paige vanzant?
    Congratulations we have a winner! Did you know right away or did this take a little looking?
    175 pts

3-QUESTION

JollyRogerMMA

Watching tape on Polo X Frevola ..... Frevola is a younger Power Puncher / Grappler ... Polo has better tech striking early with very lackluster takedown defense ... Anyone thinking like I am that Frevola should be favored ?

firekillex

Congratulations we have a winner! Did you know right away or did this take a little looking?
    i remember she fought kalin curran in her first matchup because i remember saying oh nice 2 hott girls finally fighting eachother, then i recalled currans record being terrible in the UFC , so i just checked vanzants sherdog record to make sure it all checked out and it looked good haha
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Hugo de Naranja
    175 pts

3-QUESTION

$20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2018

Hugo de Naranja
    Risk a Little, Win a Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRogerMMA View Post
    Watching tape on Polo X Frevola ..... Frevola is a younger Power Puncher / Grappler ... Polo has better tech striking early with very lackluster takedown defense ... Anyone thinking like I am that Frevola should be favored ?
    I do
    175 pts

3-QUESTION

Hugo de Naranja
    Risk a Little, Win a Lot

I really like Choi vs. Stephens from a matchmaking prospective. We still don't know that much about Choi. He's starched two bums and the chinny Thiago Tavares but lost a clear decision against a top 5/top 10 FTW in Cub Swanson. If he's legit, Choi should beat Stephens handily. If he can't get past the gatekeeper in Stephens, I think we'll have to readjust our expectations of Choi.
    175 pts

3-QUESTION

rsynweap84
    rsynweap84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

Ummm my FS1 is streaming the Villanova game...f**king lame as sh!t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Edit: And I just now noticed the Sun listed day...still...sh!t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Hugo de Naranja
    Risk a Little, Win a Lot

i remember she fought kalin curran in her first matchup because i remember saying oh nice 2 hott girls finally fighting eachother, then i recalled currans record being terrible in the UFC , so i just checked vanzants sherdog record to make sure it all checked out and it looked good haha
    Might be the hottest fight ever.
    175 pts

3-QUESTION

Hugo de Naranja
    Risk a Little, Win a Lot

Quote Originally Posted by rsynweap84 View Post
    Ummm my FS1 is streaming the Villanova game...f**king lame as sh!t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Edit: And I just now noticed the Sun listed day...still...sh!t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
    Yup a quick break before another long blitz of events.
    175 pts

3-QUESTION

Hugo de Naranja
    Risk a Little, Win a Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Watched some of his fights on the Japanese regional scene (in DEEP promotion). He got tagged up by some Japanese regional fighters but showed a great chin.
    175 pts

3-QUESTION

Hugo de Naranja
    Risk a Little, Win a Lot

I think Joe Rogan always raving about Jeremy Stephens' power has warped public perception of him. He has a few memorable knockouts but he's no Rumble Johnson.
    175 pts

3-QUESTION

turbozed

Might be the hottest fight ever.
    Not MMA but one the prettiest matchups in shootfighting was RENA vs Zaza Sor Aree.

Even the ending was kinda cute in a brutal way:

https://fat.gfycat.com/PalePoorLacewing.webm
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave turbozed 4 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Sanity Check gave turbozed 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

1234 ... Last