Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

UFC 219: Cyborg Vs. Holm | 30.12.2017 (Las Vegas, Nevada)

Points Awarded:

GunShard gave Sato 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Sato

Hopefully you guys had great results from the Winnipeg card and on to the next one.

Holly's line went slightly up from +280 to +320.
    Holly and her team knew she didnt have to come out in her best form ever vs Bethe because Bethe is absolute garbage. Vs Cyborg things changed and she can, IMO, hold her own against Cyborg. I cant let that juicy line fly by me. Cyborgs UFC run has been a total joke and Holly will be her toughest test in a very long time.

Leans but no odds yet: Calvillo, Condit...

WolfTicketDealer
    WolfTicketDealer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7615

Thinking Barbosa might be in play here. Not a good style matchup for Khabib and should be a decent size dog.

Cyborg will starch Holm IMO, Cyborg has an advantage pretty much everywhere. Cyborg KO -110 is a joke and probably worth a max bet.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave WolfTicketDealer 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Sato

I agree. Khabib can be hit and hurt. Johnson stunned him. Edsons striking is much more lethal. Depending on the line maybe ITD/KO is the play and even Edson straight.

Im not sure beating Smith, Lansberg (lol) and Evinger tells you anything about Cyborgs class. Shes rightfully the favorite but I gotta play Holm. WMMA is too volatile to not pick the dog.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

So pumped to bet khabib and cyborg!!!. Khabib going to throw barboza around like a rag doll!!!

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by WolfTicketDealer View Post
    Thinking Barbosa might be in play here. Not a good style matchup for Khabib and should be a decent size dog.

Cyborg will starch Holm IMO, Cyborg has an advantage pretty much everywhere. Cyborg KO -110 is a joke and probably worth a max bet.
    I’m 100% on board with WolfTicketDealer here. Already have a max bet on Cyborg KO/TKO and have huge exposure to her in parlays. I would be astounded if Holm won. Also think Barboza is one of the hardest matchups at LW for Nurmy. Great TDD and a huge advantage on the feet.
    Last edited by Hugo de Naranja; 12-18-17 at 09:04 PM.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

i bet Holm over Rhonda but Holly to me has no shot. Those pathetic weak punches of hers Cyborg will walk right thru. Holms only chance is to land one of those big kicks of hers. I think Cyborg is to smart for that. I bet if Holly took her best shot with one of her punches to Jibbys broken toe, Jibby wouldnt even flinch.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave Thor4140 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Demonata

Khabib-300. Yesssssssss!! Going to take barboza down just like everyone else.

WolfTicketDealer

Quote Originally Posted by Sato View Post
    I agree. Khabib can be hit and hurt. Johnson stunned him. Edsons striking is much more lethal. Depending on the line maybe ITD/KO is the play and even Edson straight.

Im not sure beating Smith, Lansberg (lol) and Evinger tells you anything about Cyborgs class. Shes rightfully the favorite but I gotta play Holm. WMMA is too volatile to not pick the dog.
    What exactly is Holm's path to victory though? I have no problem with taking a longshot, but they should have a better path to victory than a headkick KO (which I see as Holm's only possible path). Holm was outkickboxed by GDR who doesn't have the power Cyborg does. Cyborg won't be charging in chin up, hands down like Rousey. I think Holm's counterstriking is incredibly overrated.

Also worth noting that Holm relies on being out of range for her striking, she is not very good in the pocket. Cyborg is probably the best pressure fighter in WMMA. This is just an awful matchup for Holm.

And all the talk about who Cyborg has faced, she also held her own in a Muay Thai match against Jorina Baars who is a considerably better kickboxer than Holm. Could Holm land a headkick? It's possible, but I would line this fight at Cyborg -1000. I don't think you'll ever see this good of value on Cyborg again.

Sato

Holly could land a miracle shot but I originally had the decision in mind. I think she has the cardio and fight IQ to pull off a point fighting gameplan and get the decision. I dont think her team will advise her to engage like Cyborgs previous opponents and get knocked out. I could see a dec. going her way thats why I gotta take a stab at the dec. props and ML.

Edit: New odds are out.

Hugo de Naranja

Holly could land a miracle shot but I originally had the decision in mind. I think she has the cardio and fight IQ to pull off a point fighting gameplan and get the decision. I dont think her team will advise her to engage like Cyborgs previous opponents and get knocked out. I could see a dec. going her way thats why I gotta take a stab at the dec. props and ML.

When has Cyborg lost a round in her career? Will Holm win rounds by out-voluming Cyborg? Landing the bigger shots?

Hugo de Naranja

What exactly is Holm's path to victory though? I have no problem with taking a longshot, but they should have a better path to victory than a headkick KO (which I see as Holm's only possible path). Holm was outkickboxed by GDR who doesn't have the power Cyborg does. Cyborg won't be charging in chin up, hands down like Rousey. I think Holm's counterstriking is incredibly overrated.

Also worth noting that Holm relies on being out of range for her striking, she is not very good in the pocket. Cyborg is probably the best pressure fighter in WMMA. This is just an awful matchup for Holm.

And all the talk about who Cyborg has faced, she also held her own in a Muay Thai match against Jorina Baars who is a considerably better kickboxer than Holm. Could Holm land a headkick? It's possible, but I would line this fight at Cyborg -1000. I don't think you'll ever see this good of value on Cyborg again.
    And Shevchenko!
    Points Awarded:

WolfTicketDealer gave Hugo de Naranja 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja

Also Cyborg has PHENOMENAL CARDIO. People think she will gas because she throws a high volume of high power shots but she has consistently showed the ability to win when fights go deep. She also runs approx. 70 miles per week to keep in good cardiovascular shape.

Hugo de Naranja

Hugo's 100 Point Trivia Question:
    This UFC 219 fighter has all of his UFC wins by finish and all of his UFC losses by Unanimous Decision.

First correct response gets 100 BetPoints. Will it be JakePeavy retaining his title as the Reigning, Defending, Undisputed Trivia Champ or will we see a new challenger rise up and win the prize? Only time will tell.

Demonata

Dan hooker
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave Demonata 100 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Dan hooker
    We have our winner!

Hugo de Naranja

Is there a bigger technical striking gap between any two top 5 fighters in any division than Barboza versus Nurmagomedov?

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    We have our winner!
    Thanks man

Demonata

Is there a bigger technical striking gap between any two top 5 fighters in any division than Barboza versus Nurmagomedov?
    Well gsp faught some really good strikers and hes not that good at it...

WolfTicketDealer

Maybe Stephen Thompson versus Demian Maia?
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave WolfTicketDealer 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja

Maybe Stephen Thompson versus Demian Maia?
    That’s a good one although Maia did outstike Covington for a round before he gassed.

Sato

When has Cyborg lost a round in her career? Will Holm win rounds by out-voluming Cyborg? Landing the bigger shots?
    Im going with my feel. Its easy to look impressive when you fight absolute bums that cant even throw a punch/kick properly and you just knock them out. Out of all her opponents Holly has the best footwork and is just the best all around fighter she has faced in such a very long time.

I may be way off here but I'll go with it. BOL.

Hugo de Naranja

Im going with my feel. Its easy to look impressive when you fight absolute bums that cant even throw a punch/kick properly and you just knock them out. Out of all her opponents Holly has the best footwork and is just the best all around fighter she has faced in such a very long time.

I may be way off here but I'll go with it. BOL.
    Fair enough. I agree that it’s a step up in competition for both girls.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

All over Khabib and Calvillo.......Cant wait to see the -3.5 on Khabib....could be my biggest straight bet in a while.....his rounds are the type that are 10-8....

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Decent card.. I like it...

Holly Holm is +320 wow.. Holly is pretty damn good standing.. I'm not convinced Cyborg walks right thru her and knocks her out... Cyborg could gas out late too if the fight lasts.. Holly might stay light on her feet and at distance like she did against Rousey... Holly seems game also in fights when she is the big underdog..

Hmmm? This is a 5 rounder too...

1037 Holm wins by TKO/KO +1225

1005 Holm wins inside distance +940

Last edited by JIBBBY; 12-19-17 at 12:50 PM.

PaperTrail07

I dunno JIBBY....she fighting a MAN LOL.....Cyborg is just too much athletically...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    I dunno JIBBY....she fighting a MAN LOL.....Cyborg is just too much athletically...
    True but that Holm KO prop is worth a shot regardless I think at +1200..

Cyborg is a man basically with man strength though..

Holly could and probably should get dropped in round 1... You just never know though???.. Holly is decent standing..

Holly does have those head kicks...

Last edited by JIBBBY; 12-19-17 at 01:19 PM.

PaperTrail07

Holly is "great" on the feet...WHEN there is not a MAN BEAR PIG charging forward LOL....Cyborg -3.5 w a Holly KO hedge I guess.....

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Holly is "great" on the feet...WHEN there is not a MAN BEAR PIG charging forward LOL....Cyborg -3.5 w a Holly KO hedge I guess.....
    I had to try this for a small $30 spot myself Paper... Couldn't pass up on it, odds will probably drop in time too.. IN ON THE KO PROP!!! Got some Free Play chips I can fart around with ..

$30.00 FP* $367.50 Pending 12/30/17 11:59pm MMA Props Fighting 1037 Holm wins by TKO/KO +1225* vs Any other result

Soccer kicking time alla Renaldo or Pele.....

Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

You can always count on me to get into those less intriguing matchups. Here's one to watch: Marvin Vettori. He doesn't have a TON of buzz, and even less since Akhmedov gets no one excited, but I expect a real nice showing from him where he takes clear control of the fight in 2nd and 3rd rounds and beats up Akhmedov if not stops him. Definitely looking to bet him if the line is not outrageously wide.

Demonata

Khabib and cyborg parlay is free money.
    Points Awarded:

nistohm gave Demonata 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Khabib and cyborg parlay is free money.
    Edson Barboza is pretty elusive and slick on his feet.. I think he might have a slight striking and speed advantage over Khabib if it stays standing.. BIG IF though when saying that this fight might stay standing!!!

Edson Barboza belt levels...

Rank Black belt in Taekwondo[7]
    Black prajied in Muay Thai[7] under Anderson França[1]
    Brown belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under Ricardo Almeida[8]

Khabib get's this fight to the ground and Edson will get ruined.. I going with Khabib ITD also with all that being said......

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Edson Barboza is pretty elusive and slick on his feet.. I think he might have a slight striking and speed advantage over Khabib if it stays standing.. BIG IF though when saying that this fight might stay standing!!!

Edson Barboza belt levels...

Rank Black belt in Taekwondo[7]
    Black prajied in Muay Thai[7] under Anderson França[1]
    Brown belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under Ricardo Almeida[8]

Khabib get's this fight to the ground and Edson will get ruined.. I going with Khabib ITD also with all that being said......
    I dont care about any of barbozas skills. Khabib has faught plenty of elusive fighters.i dont care if barboza has a license to kill. Khabib will take him down like everyone else and throw him around like he weighs nothing. Cyborg will punch holm in the so hard she taps. Cyborg is a mab so will win.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

I Think the best fight on the card is Rivera/Lineker. Technically i think Rivera has the edge but when it is close technically the beard comes into play and i don’t know much about Rivera’s beard but i do know u need a sledgehammer to put a dent in Linekers. Might be one to pass on and just enjoy.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    I Think the best fight on the card is Rivera/Lineker. Technically i think Rivera has the edge but when it is close technically the beard comes into play and i don’t know much about Rivera’s beard but i do know u need a sledgehammer to put a dent in Linekers. Might be one to pass on and just enjoy.
    Couple of tough guys going at it there.. Great fight!!! Might be the best fight on the card I agree Thor...

1234 ... Last