THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

UFC Fight Night 42: Henderson vs. Khabilov (June 07, 2014)

FOX Sports 1, 10 p.m. ET
    Benson Henderson vs. Rustam Khabilov
    Ross Pearson vs. Diego Sanchez
    John Dodson vs. John Moraga
    Rafael dos Anjos vs. Jason High
    Yves Edwards vs. Piotr Hallmann
    Bryan Caraway vs. Erik Perez

FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET
    Yaotzin Meza vs. Sergio Pettis
    Lance Benoist vs. Bobby Voelker
    Scott Jorgensen vs. Danny Martinez
    Jake Lindsey vs. Jon Tuck

UFC Fight Pass, 7:30 p.m. ET
    Patrick Cummins vs. Roger Narvaez

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Nick Papageorgio

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

this card looks pretty good compared the the Germany/Brazil cards from last week

getlucky2win
    faded
    getlucky2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

Hit the Pearson opener and bet sum mo when limits raised

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

This looks like the type of fight Henderson wins easily with the judges and the rest of us say WTF

Tremendous
    Tremendous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 740

Khabilov is probably the right side, but so were Melendez and Thomson...

Those fking judges.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Ov 2.5 for Pearson

mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

Why favor Khabilov Tremendous? He had enough trouble outwrestling Masvidal. I know Masvidal is good...but how can you see him handle Ben? I think Ben will really make him work. I could see Khabilov winning the first round or two but after that I think Ben will start to take over.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by mmaed View Post
    Why favor Khabilov Tremendous? He had enough trouble outwrestling Masvidal. I know Masvidal is good...but how can you see him handle Ben? I think Ben will really make him work. I could see Khabilov winning the first round or two but after that I think Ben will start to take over.
    Significantly better TDD than Bendo.

mmaed

Really? Why do you give him that credit?

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Who hasn't taken down benson? Or taken his back
    Points Awarded:

MD gave Beelzebubzy 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

MD

Really? Why do you give him that credit?
    It seems obvious to me.

mmaed

Yeah that occurred to me but I wonder if Khabilov can have the same success he has had against an actual wrestler. I mean hes been able to outwrestle Pichel and Yancy Medieros. Masvidal had him down at one point. Obviously Khabilov won the wrestling in that one but it was no blow out.

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

Yeah that occurred to me but I wonder if Khabilov can have the same success he has had against an actual wrestler. I mean hes been able to outwrestle Pichel and Yancy Medieros. Masvidal had him down at one point. Obviously Khabilov won the wrestling in that one but it was no blow out.
    Pichel is no slouch in wrestling as demonstrated 2 weeks ago.

I think physical strength will be a VERY BIG DEAL in this fight. Can Bendo stop him? Gonna come down to strength vs. technique. Bendo has those monster legs. Very interesting match up.

mmaed

Yeah that is fair but I attributer some of that to improvement. The Khabilov fight was about 1.5 years ago. He does deserve credit for that though. It was impressive.

Tremendous
    Tremendous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 740

I'm not saying that Khabilov should be the favorite, but he's certainly the right side at +200 or better.

No way Bendo has an easy time against a grappler like Khabilov.

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

This is a good match up for Khabilov

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

I confused Locksmith with Calculator... Locksmith is the start thread KING...

Got it... Cool... Get back to this thread later

This Bendo/Khabilov fight is a tricky call... I've been going over both of these fighters in my head and still can't really decide whom I think is gonna win..

Tempted to take the 2-1 underdog in Khabilov just because I think the fight is such a close call.. Both of these guys are great in the Octagon... Bendo may just bring a little more as far as fast continuous pace, toughness, durability and athleticism but technique and intangibles I think favors Khabilov..

If I do bet this fight it's gonna be small..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-02-14 at 10:39 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Ov 2.5 for Pearson
    I agree this fight is more then likely going the distance.. I like Pearson to win it too..

Diego is nothing more then a durable punching bag these days.. Pearson is still an up and coming fighter whom also is durable himself.. Pearson is hard to take down and keep down and Diego Sanchez's wrestling hasn't been stellar of late.. DS's standup is methodical, stiff and predictable..

Good bet call as I'm on it.. I don't see either of these guys getting stopped, sub'd or dropped...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-02-14 at 10:40 PM.

Wilbo86
    Wilbo86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2706

I like Khabilov as a dog but one thing concerns me in the striking matchup. He doesn't use much of a jab and is over reliant on the straight right, has some decent combinations but also seems to take big breaks in between exchanges. Thats a worry against a guy who's whole game is centered around looking active and in control. Also seemed susceptible to leg kicks against Masvidal. If hendo fights smart he should be able to predict the striking and use leg kicks ah la Edgar fight. Babble\

This post is called Mussing of a Moron.

Sykes
    Sykes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

I love the money coming on Henderson. This dude is the real bad ass not that other one.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Sykes View Post
    I love the money coming on Henderson. This dude is the real bad ass not that other one.
    Khabilov is terrible compared to Nurmagomedov.

GR33D
    GR33D's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4086

interesting match up. expect henderson to come out aggressive and control the octagon like he always does and have khabilov try to counter and also go for take downs. khabilov is not on the same level as henderson, this is a bit too much of a step up for him. henderson will dictate the pace of the fight and will be too much for khabilov to handle.

really should of been hendo vs khabib

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Relatively short reads on each fight.. A good start for capping and breaking down the fights anyways I think..

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-night-42-card

Wilbo86

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Relatively short reads on each fight.. A good start for capping and breaking down the fights anyways I think..

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-night-42-card
    Ohh Scotty, where to begin.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

John Dodson vs John Moraga - Anyone give Moraga a chance in this one? They fought 4 years ago and that went to a decision, payback in order maybe?

It's certainly easier to prepare and fight the same fighter a second go around unless you're Rich Franklin fighting Anderson Silva... LOL....

Looking at the fights on this card for dog play rather then parlay play this one has me thinking just maybe..

Moraga's only recent loss was to Mighty Mouse.. Other then that he's looked pretty good in his other fights.. Ranked number 5 for a reason in the UFC... 14-2 record..

The over in rounds might be the best play though in this fight, not sure the value on that?.. Need to check.. Parlay the over maybe if the odds are high..

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/03/john-do...in-albuquerque

http://www.ufc.com/fighter/John-Moraga
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-03-14 at 07:33 PM.

Skel
    Skel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Moraga got dominated by Mighty Mouse, whereas Dodson was beating MM until he gassed and lost a close decision. I'd be very surprised if Moraga won this. I took the under 2.5 at +160 due to Dodson's knockout ability. It's at +110 now.

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

I recall his fights on how they played out, but don't remember what his cardio towards the end of round 3s looked like. What sort of gas do we expect from Rustam? I think Bendo stays busy from the outside enough to win a dec. Or lose 1 or 2 of the first 3 rounds but then sort of take over from there.

The dog is probably the right side here though. Bendo loves to try and get timely TDs and do just enough. That can't work for him all the time.

I like High at the odds above.

Skel

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    I recall his fights on how they played out, but don't remember what his cardio towards the end of round 3s looked like. What sort of gas do we expect from Rustam? I think Bendo stays busy from the outside enough to win a dec. Or lose 1 or 2 of the first 3 rounds but then sort of take over from there.

The dog is probably the right side here though. Bendo loves to try and get timely TDs and do just enough. That can't work for him all the time.

I like High at the odds above.
    Khabilov was pretty gassed in R3 against Masvidal.

MD

Bendo has a decent shot at a finish here, IMO.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Skel View Post
    Moraga got dominated by Mighty Mouse, whereas Dodson was beating MM until he gassed and lost a close decision. I'd be very surprised if Moraga won this. I took the under 2.5 at +160 due to Dodson's knockout ability. It's at +110 now.
    No.

Skel

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    No.

Or maybe you disagree that Dodson gassed?

Wilbo86

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Bendo has a decent shot at a finish here, IMO.
    Yeah, going back and forth on this but liking bendo more and more, which upsets me because less opportunity in a heavy favorite. Expect the ITD line to be decent.

Wilbo86

Quote Originally Posted by Skel View Post

Or maybe you disagree that Dodson gassed?
    My memory is he slowed down, not sure at what point it gets called gassing... Definitely had him winning the first two rounds though.

Wilbo86

Committed a cardinal sin and threw units on narvaez without watching any tape on him. Don't understand Cummins being a 5 to 1 favorite against a guy, who unlike himself, has actually earnt a spot in the UFC. Also listened to an interview of his, I have questions about his ability to perform under pressure and even his mental resolve and commitemnt to fighting. Heavy fade material.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbo86 View Post
    Committed a cardinal sin and threw units on narvaez without watching any tape on him. Don't understand Cummins being a 5 to 1 favorite against a guy, who unlike himself, has actually earnt a spot in the UFC. Also listened to an interview of his, I have questions about his ability to perform under pressure and even his mental resolve and commitemnt to fighting. Heavy fade material.
    cant blame, dude looked like a bum

1234 ... Last