plekz
    plekz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5746

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Suggest you go and watch the Hamill and Thiago Silva fights again pal. Hamill caught him a couple of times in first round, IIRC he cut Gustaf open as well. Hell, even Hamann landed some over hand rights
    Hamill was before Andreas Michael though, and against Silva the only time Silva had any luck was in the third at a point where Gustafsson looked like he was just having fun in there and dropped his guard completly, up until that point he made Silva look like he was moving in slow motion.

Before he started working with Andreas Michael he was very raw and a 'brawler' type

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    Plekz are you swedish? I also think Gus wins but I knew no one would support my theory. Are you a huge Metal Gear fan? I still play MGS 1 on the pc. A true classic.
    Yeah, i am. I'm not so sure about him winning, nor am i advocating bets on Gustafsson all i am saying is that he's being massively underrated here, and that the whole fight is pretty much predicated on if he's able to stuff takedowns or not If he can't then i think Jones will wear him down and put him away in the 3rd or 4th if he CAN however then this becomes a much more open affair.

I expect a gameplan where Gustafsson uses footwork constantly to cut angles, and dart in/out to pick apart Jones on the feet, being very patient and biding his time and if he sees openings unleash a flurry and then back out again.

I used to be a fan of ** not so much anymore since Kojima started doing fan service in the fourth game and compromised his own vision.
    Last edited by plekz; 09-06-13 at 11:15 AM.

Luca Fury
    I make my living betting on MMA
    Luca Fury's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 757

Quote Originally Posted by plekz View Post
    Hamill was before Andreas Michael though, and against Silva the only time Silva had any luck was in the third at a point where Gustafsson looked like he was just having fun in there and dropped his guard completly, up until that point he made Silva look like he was moving in slow motion.

Before he started working with Andreas Michael he was very raw and a 'brawler' type
    LOL, dude points out Gus has been very hittable in his 3/4 last fights and you come up with a weak excuse for all 3.

"Hamil hit him because he wasn't using his new trainer yet."

"Silva hit him cus he was just having fun out there."

"Shogun hit him cus he was choosing to brawl."

Or maybe he was very hittable in 3/4 last fights because he is just very hittable, perioid? Hm… Just a thought.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah, i am. I'm not so sure about him winning, nor am i advocating bets on Gustafsson all i am saying is that he's being massively underrated here, and that the whole fight is pretty much predicated on if he's able to stuff takedowns or not, if he can't then i think Jones will wear him down and put him away in the 3rd or 4th if he CAN however then this becomes a much more open affair.

I expect a gameplan where Gustafsson uses footwork constantly to cut angles, and dart in/out to pick apart Jones on the feet, being very patient and biding his time and if he sees openings unleash a flurry and then back out again.

I used to be a fan of ** not so much anymore since Kojima started doing fan service in the fourth game and compromised his own vision.
    Yeah im not worried about him stuffing all the takedowns. Im sure Jones will get a few probably multiple in the first round. Just as long as Jones doesnt control him on the ground I think Gus is still in the fight. His cardio is incredible and he always has the ability to clip anyone with a shot they dont see with his excellent footwork.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Fury View Post
    LOL, dude points out Gus has been very hittable in his 3/4 last fights and you come up with a weak excuse for all 3.

"Hamil hit him because he wasn't using his new trainer yet."

"Silva hit him cus he was just having fun out there."

"Shogun hit him cus he was choosing to brawl."

Or maybe he was very hittable in 3/4 last fights because he is just very hittable, perioid? Hm… Just a thought.
    It's mma man. Everyone gets touched. Gus does have a good chin at least. He doesnt spend all his time deathly afraid of getting hit like Jones who illegally extends his hands out with his fingers in oppenents eyes.

Luca Fury

Oh, and as for Gus power being overrated, like I said, his only T/Ko wins are over glass jaws.

He TKO's Vlady who has a glass jaw ans turtled after 1 punch.

TKO'd Hamman who has an absolutely horrible chin.

He TKO'd Hamil who wasn't even rocked, but took a dive cus he wanted out. Was clear as it happened AND Hamil admitted to diving after the fight.

Then he fought Thiago Silva who also has a glass jaw, and he couldn;t even stop him despite landing several hard shots. So yeah, his power is overrated. He's never shown power against anyone who is considered to have even an average chin.

plekz

Yeah im not worried about him stuffing all the takedowns. Im sure Jones will get a few probably multiple in the first round. Just as long as Jones doesnt control him on the ground I think Gus is still in the fight. His cardio is incredible and he always has the ability to clip anyone with a shot they dont see with his excellent footwork.
    Bottom line is him opening higher then Chael did is a complete joke, and yeah he was brawling hard with Shogun for three rounds and wasn't even breathing heavy afterwards. Plus his confidence is through the roof.

I think if he can stuff some and doesn't get controlled on the ground still will be a very fun fight.

-----

Also lol'd at Silva having a 'glass jaw' is it 'glass' because Machida hit him with a counter where Silva was moving forward at full force?

Yous a joke.

Luca Fury

It's mma man. Everyone gets touched. Gus does have a good chin at least. He doesnt spend all his time deathly afraid of getting hit like Jones who illegally extends his hands out with his fingers in oppenents eyes.
    I agree, his chin is very good. Took hard shots from Shogun and Thiago who are both hard punchers, especially Shogun. Silva did rock him a little in their fight but it was a huge shot and he recovered quickly. I don't see Jones rocking him at all.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Yeah, i am. I'm not so sure about him winning, nor am i advocating bets on Gustafsson all i am saying is that he's being massively underrated here, and that the whole fight is pretty much predicated on if he's able to stuff takedowns or not If he can't then i think Jones will wear him down and put him away in the 3rd or 4th if he CAN however then this becomes a much more open affair.

So he has shown to be hittable in previous fights then? That was your question wasnt it?!

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

I think Jones will have his way in the clinch and secure takedowns, trips, from there. As I stated, Diabete and Te Huna did it and Jones is superior technically.

I took the chalk -650. Thought this should be closer -800 - 900 barring broken pinky

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Im just a pure Jones hater. I've watched him so much I think there is no argument he is the cheapest most illegal fighter in the UFC. Who doesnt need to cheat to win like Kongo. Jones does literally every cheap trick in the book and commits multiple fouls every single round he is in.

Luca Fury

Also lol'd at Silva having a 'glass jaw' is it 'glass' because Machida hit him with a counter where Silva was moving forward at full force?

Yous a joke.
    Silva was rocked several times in 1 round, then 1 punch KO'd. Got rocked by everything Machida landed.

He also got dropped by a completely blocked headkick from Antonio Mendes.

Got rocked by Nedkov.

Got rocked by Gus.

So yeah, he gets rocked, dropped or KO'd in just about every fight. Pretty much everyone thinks his chin sucks except you.

Luca Fury

Bottom line is him opening higher then Chael did is a complete joke
    This I will agree on, but only because Jon was severely undervalued vs Chael. He should have seriously been like -2000. I had big bets on him on the ML and ITD. The only way he loses that fight is via freak injury, which almost happened.

But, just because Jones is a bigger favorite vs Gus than he was vs Chael, doesn't mean he is overvalued here. It just shows how undervalued he was vs Chael.

plekz

There's huge differences between getting rocked , dropped & ko'd and Gustafsson has legit DROPPED pretty much every single fighter he's fought.

As far as striking power goes and technique standing he's the best @ lhw with ZERO doubt. The fact he's dropped these people with a varied arsenal of punches also speaks for the power he has in his hands, unlike say Hendo who relies on a overhand right where he throws it from one side of the octagon to the other.

Gustafsson have dropped all of these with very little if any wind up at all, and you are a enormous moron if you think his 'power' is overrated.

Luca Fury

There's huge differences between getting rocked , dropped & ko'd and Gustafsson has legit DROPPED pretty much every single fighter he's fought.

As far as striking power goes and technique standing he's the best @ lhw with ZERO doubt. The fact he's dropped these people with a varied arsenal of punches also speaks for the power he has in his hands, unlike say Hendo who relies on a overhand right where he throws it from one side of the octagon to the other.

Gustafsson have dropped all of these with very little if any wind up at all, and you are a enormous moron if you think his 'power' is overrated.
    He only dropped or TKO'd the ones with bad chins, like I already pointed out. The only other guy he dropped was Diabate who is notorious for having horrendous strikign defense and getting rocked every single fight, despite his striking pedigree.

I will bet you that he doesn't even drop Jones, since you seem to think Gus has this huge power that will crack the great chin and defense of Jones.

Beelzebubzy

Im just a pure Jones hater. I've watched him so much I think there is no argument he is the cheapest most illegal fighter in the UFC. Who doesnt need to cheat to win like Kongo. Jones does literally every cheap trick in the book and commits multiple fouls every single round he is in.
    I agree. The Machida fight shows he is classless.

Beelzebubzy

He only dropped or TKO'd the ones with bad chins, like I already pointed out. The only other guy he dropped was Diabate who is notorious for having horrendous strikign defense and getting rocked every single fight, despite his striking pedigree.
    Cereal is also known for a poor chin as well.

I like Gus. Think the world of this kid. But he has not beaten a murderers row to get to the title shot. He has beaten washed up fighters and Shogun on his back 9.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    I agree. The Machida fight shows he is classless.
    He truly is anti social if you study his actions. He seems dead inside like he cant really empathize with other humans. He also fights with a healthy fear of his opponents. Only time he opens up is when on top on the ground with zero chance his opponent can hit him back.

Luca Fury

cx
    Cereal is also known for a poor chin as well.

I like Gus. Think the world of this kid. But he has not beaten a murderers row to get to the title shot. He has beaten washed up fighters and Shogun on his back 9.
    Correct, whic is why I said he gets rocked every fight.

And I agree with your second statement too. He fought a weak row of fighters to get the title shot.

Beelzebubzy

cx

Correct, whic is why I said he gets rocked every fight.

And I agree with your second statement too. He fought a weak row of fighters to get the title shot.
    Compare Gus win streak to Hendricks and Matt Brown. Hendricks beat arguably 4 top 5ers. Brown beat some no names and some vets.
    Giving Gus this title shot, to me, is equivalent of giving Brown the next title shot

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

ye but Brown is going to easily out-wrestle GSP....Gustaffsson wont out-wrestle Bones

plekz

I will bet you that he doesn't even drop Jones, since you seem to think Gus has this huge power that will crack the great chin and defense of Jones.
    You gone from here permanently is the only bet i'll take, let's see what kind of stones you actually have, and that means YOU GONE forever and ever and ever.

And no backpeddling or anything either now, you either accept or you p*ssyfoot out same way you came.

Beelzebubzy

ye but Brown is going to easily out-wrestle GSP....Gustaffsson wont out-wrestle Bones
    dude you are on point today. You have stepped up your comedy posting game.

Ill show you my emoticon improvments below

Luca Fury

You gone from here permanently is the only bet i'll take, let's see what kind of stones you actually have, and that means YOU GONE forever and ever and ever.

And no backpeddling or anything either now, you either accept or you p*ssyfoot out same way you came.
    That won't work. I'll win and you'll just make another annonymous screen name, so it's as if you didn't even lose.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

I know you're joking but really people talk about Jones like he is the best wrestler on the planet. Guy was a community college champ with nothing special going on. I realize his mma game makes his takedowns look awesome but 9 times out of 10 he's fighting old and/or small guys. I dont rates Jones wrestling that high. Good but not great. Cormier would absolutely embarrass him and Jones knows this.

Beelzebubzy

I know you're joking but really people talk about Jones like he is the best wrestler on the planet. Guy was a community college champ with nothing special going on. I realize his mma game makes his takedowns look awesome but 9 times out of 10 he's fighting old and/or small guys. I dont rates Jones wrestling that high. Good but not great. Cormier would absolutely embarrass him and Jones knows this.
    If Cormier can make weight without his Kidneys dying on him. Glover is too slow.
    Jones has teh belt for a while. Sorry Sider

plekz

That won't work. I'll win and you'll just make another annonymous screen name, so it's as if you didn't even lose.
    No, i wont and i'd be as easily recognized as you'd be if you tried the same, so quit the excuses and let's see how much belief you actually have in your 'abilities'

Cuz right now you aint lookin like much.

Luca Fury

In a pure wrestling match, yes, Cormier would clown Jones. But in an MMA fight, Jon will tool him. I can't wait til that fight is made. Jones will be so undervalued cus of the Cormier hype train.

I bet Cornier big as a dog vs Bigfoot and Barnett, but he is now overrated. Jones will smash him, I will bet Jon big.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

If Cormier can make weight without his Kidneys dying on him. Glover is too slow.
    Jones has teh belt for a while. Sorry Sider
    but but motivated Shogun is gonna be reclaiming the belt

Beelzebubzy

but but motivated Shogun is gonna be reclaiming the belt
    You spelt Rampage wrong.

Luca Fury

No, i wont and i'd be as easily recognized as you'd be if you tried the same, so quit the excuses and let's see how much belief you actually have in your 'abilities'

Cuz right now you aint lookin like much.
    I don't really care if you post here or not, and you surely would just make an new account anyway. So that bet does nothing for me. If i cared that much that you post here, I'd just put you on my ignore list so I wouldn't see your posts. So why would I make a bet where the potential win is something I can already gain at the click of my mouse?

I already know I will win, so I want the stakes to be something much better than the same result as adding you to my ignore list.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Why couldnt Jones kill himself in that Bentley accident.

plekz

So to no surprise for anyone to much of a p*ssy to back anything with action.

Beelzebubzy

Why dont you two heebies just make a money bet?

Isnt that why we are all here?

Luca Fury

So to no surprise for anyone to much of a p*ssy to back anything with action.
    You're the pussy here. I want to up the stakes and you're saying no.

plekz

Money is of zero intrest, you packing up leaving town permanently however is since that'd mark two forums you are no longer part of and two places on the internet that is much better off.

First ... 2345678 ... Last