The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

look at him he is at least 25 and definitely knows things about the world, perhaps SBR should have a masters division or some senior subsection where astute and mature people like him can have intellectual conversations in

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by plekz View Post
    Can you soap opera educated 4chan rejects stop using the simplest penetrating 'conclusions' everytime, 'oh hurr durr iz muzt be an old guyz'

No i am not 'Gaberz' nor do i have the slightest phucking idea who that even is and i have ZERO intrest to find out either.
    Are you Jason Kiddin me? How do you not know who Gaberz is? Dude is the best capper' West of Glendale and bangs 10s on the regular. He went 133-1 with his recommended winnerz last night alone.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by The iron sheik View Post
    look at him he is at least 25 and definitely knows things about the world, perhaps SBR should have a masters division or some senior subsection where astute and mature people like him can have intellectual conversations in
    ha yeah, can go and hang with the other mature 30+ year olds and call eachother "cumstains" like mature men like to do!

The iron sheik

lots of plays in this event for me

I like healy at that price, a lot

plekz
    plekz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5746

Yeah, i mean it's clearly nothing compared to a guy with a al pacino avatar and a 'forze juve' along with a phucking hashtag.

i have one for you brosif #cliché

The iron sheik

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    ha yeah, can go and hang with the other mature 30+ year olds and call eachother "cumstains" like mature men like to do!

What's also absolutely hilarious is that he throws these 4chan kiddiez remarks as insults, but can't help himself and every other post of his of contains some juvenile insult, 4chan lingo or some dumb hashtag quip that probably gets you credibility points at govteen forums
    Last edited by The iron sheik; 09-05-13 at 05:27 PM.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Does a person in their 50s have more "logical reasoning" than somebody in their early 20's?
    V the saying is young and dumb not old and dumb. Ya dumb asshole.

Thor4140

just need an excuse to post them brah! ur conspiracy theories are the perfect set up!
    The problem is u are posting them at a record clip when i didn't say jack shit. Got it homey?
    Last edited by Thor4140; 09-05-13 at 05:31 PM.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

UFC makes shit up all the time. In addition to them adding height to Carwin, in the buildup to the Lesnar fight they claimed Carwin won his first 12 fights by ko when damn near half of them were subs.

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Healy +180???? Wtf?

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    Healy +180???? Wtf?
    played the over.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Philippou will be at least -150 I think. I predict -235.
    well it is around 220. Im kinda surprised by this. i bet it drops a bit. Hopefully it doesn't plummet on fight night and this prick gets beat like he should have his last two fights. Most overrated fighter on the roster in my mind

moretti
    moretti's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4822

Which one of you is pounding Healy here?

Sacrelicious

Quote Originally Posted by moretti View Post
    *raises hand*

Pounding might be the wrong term, but its not a small play at all.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by moretti View Post
    Hey Moretti are u that horses ass judge that judges boxing matches in Vegas? I see u and Jerry Roth the second biggest crook in Vegas are judges for the Mayweather fight. The two of u should have been thrown in jail years ago. If this isn't u sorry pal. Rough site.
    Points Awarded:

Grabaka gave Thor4140 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Sacrelicious

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Hey Moretti are u that horses ass judge that judges boxing matches in Vegas? I see u and Jerry Roth the second biggest crook in Vegas are judges for the Mayweather fight. The two of u should have been thrown in jail years ago. If this isn't u sorry pal. Rough site.
    I love sbr. Lol.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    More than likely it's him Thor, so don't feel bad.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mmaed View Post
    Jones will have a reach advantage on Gustaffson. I doubt the ufc is making up the numbers...Also you shouldn't forget that Gustaffson doesn't throw as many kicks as Jones and will probably avoid doing it in order to avoid being taken down. At least If you want to refer to people as uneducated American @@@stains. Even if Gustaf had a reach advantage with his hands it wont outweigh Jones reach with his legs. Just pure silliness. Throw in the fact that Jones is probably a straight up better striker overall, a much better wrestler, and has the best fight IQ out of just about anyone in the UFC and I see you losing your Gustaffson play.
    You doubt the ufc is making something up?

Last edited by sideloaded; 09-05-13 at 11:56 PM.

Luca Fury
    I make my living betting on MMA
    Luca Fury's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 757

No, Jones doesn't have any '8 inch' reach advantage you uneducated american cumstain, it's phucking laughable that a person that tries to make a living betting on the sport takes shit from a company that benifits from skewing facts AT FACE VALUE, 'tale of the tape' and the shit listed there is make belief.

At most Jones will have 1-2 inches worth of reach on Gustafsson.
    Jon Jones reach: 84.5"
    Gustafsson's reach: 76.5"

84.5 - 76.5 = 8

Thus, Jon Jones has an 8" reach advantage. Nice job embarrassing yourself.

And before you try and say the UFC lies about the reach, Jones was reported as having an 84.5" reach since his first UFC fight and Gustafsson was reported at 76.5" since his first. There are no reports of their respective reaches being anything different before or after the came to the UFC. Not to mention, just by looking at the two of them you can easily see Jones' arms are much longer. Also look at how Gustafsson had no visible reach advantage vs Shogun yet when Jones fought him, Jon clearly had a massive reach advantage.

But you're saying we should throw away all the facts, evidence and logic and instead go by some baseless conspiracy theory you've come up with that doesn't have a single shred of evidence to support it? That we should agree with you that Jones will only have a 1-2" reach advantage simply because you said so based on literally nothing? LOL, cool story bro...
    Last edited by Luca Fury; 09-06-13 at 12:33 AM.

Luca Fury

Quote Originally Posted by rocky16 View Post
    Yeah they should have a commercial that says Jones has an 8 inch reach advantage and 8 inch cack advantage and how Jones is going to rape that honkie with it. Go back to picking losers phaget.
    Yeah, having my documented track record for both free and premium bets BOTH being up units life-to-date = "picking losers."

Right, OK. Whatever you say.

Let's see your documented trackrecord… Oh, wait, you don't have one because it would be a total embarrassment if you did. Typical troll who is a sad, pathetic twerp so he has to try and bring others down to make himself feel better. As they say, misery loves company.
    Last edited by Luca Fury; 09-06-13 at 12:37 AM.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

the problem is reach is measured by the length of arms in boxing and what most people think about when talking about reach. I Think plekz is right about their arms being very close. UFC is dumb and lists wingspan under reach for some reason. No one really cares about wingspan in combat sports because this isnt basketball. I guess on the ground wingspan could matter somewhat. Jones does catch chokes with that wingspan. But even then I dont trust the UFC numbers at all. And just because they havent changed doesnt mean they were right to begin with.

Silva's first Zuffa fight.

Going by ufc's track record I would lean to the numbers being wrong based on the source.

Luca Fury

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    the problem is reach is measured by the length of arms in boxing and what most people think about when talking about reach. I Think plekz is right about their arms being very close. UFC is dumb and lists wingspan under reach for some reason. No one really cares about wingspan in combat sports because this isnt basketball. I guess on the ground wingspan could matter somewhat. Jones does catch chokes with that wingspan. But even then I dont trust the UFC numbers at all. And just because they havent changed doesnt mean they were right to begin with.

Silva's first Zuffa fight.

Going by ufc's track record I would lean to the numbers being wrong based on the source.
    Again, though, look at Jones and Gustafssons' fights vs Shogun. Gustafsson appeared to have no reach advantage on Shogun at all. This makes sense since Gus is listed at 76.5 and Shogun is 76,

But then look at Jones vs Shogun and it's clear as day that Jones has a near double digit reach advantage over him. Again, this makes sense since Jones is listed as having an 8.5" reach advantage over him.

It's also clear just by looking at the 2 of them that Jon's arms are much longer than Gus'.

The reason people figured out Anderson was listed as being shorter than reality and Carwin being taller than reality was by doing what I just did: comparing the listed measurements to what their own eyes tell them. Like in that picture, it's clear Anderson is taller than Leben. It was also clear he was taller than Franklin.

As for Carwin, you could see by his stardowns vs guys listed around 6' than he was about the same height as them, not 6'5".

So those lies were discovered by the listed measurements not lining up to what people saw with their own eyes. However, Jones' reach lines up perfectly with what is seen in picture and videos.

Not to mention, as it turned out, it was actually Anderson who lied to the UFC about his height because he wanted his opponents to think he was shorter than he was, so they'd be surprised by his size on fight night. He also did this back in Pride and did so to gain the advantage of surprise. Now why would Jones lie about his reach being longer? Wouldn't he want to lie about it being SHORTER, so he would have the element of surprise like Anderson? And if it was the UFC's choice to lie, why would they lie about some unknown guy that they brought in to lose to an undefeated prospect that they were trying to build? No one expected Jones to be even 1/10th as good as he is, so don't try and tell me they planned it all along. He was supposed to get owned by Gusmao and probably go 0-2 in the UFC and get cut.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Fury View Post
    Again, though, look at Jones and Gustafssons' fights vs Shogun. Gustafsson appeared to have no reach advantage on Shogun at all. This makes sense since Gus is listed at 76.5 and Shogun is 76,

But then look at Jones vs Shogun and it's clear as day that Jones has a near double digit reach advantage over him. Again, this makes sense since Jones is listed as having an 8.5" reach advantage over him.

It's also clear just by looking at the 2 of them that Jon's arms are much longer than Gus'.

The reason people figured out Anderson was listed as being shorter than reality and Carwin being taller than reality was by doing what I just did: comparing the listed measurements to what their own eyes tell them. Like in that picture, it's clear Anderson is taller than Leben. It was also clear he was taller than Franklin.

As for Carwin, you could see by his stardowns vs guys listed around 6' than he was about the same height as them, not 6'5".

So those lies were discovered by the listed measurements not lining up to what people saw with their own eyes. However, Jones' reach lines up perfectly with what is seen in picture and videos.

Not to mention, as it turned out, it was actually Anderson who lied to the UFC about his height because he wanted his opponents to think he was shorter than he was, so they'd be surprised by his size on fight night. He also did this back in Pride and did so to gain the advantage of surprise. Now why would Jones lie about his reach being longer? Wouldn't he want to lie about it being SHORTER, so he would have the element of surprise like Anderson? And if it was the UFC's choice to lie, why would they lie about some unknown guy that they brought in to lose to an undefeated prospect that they were trying to build? No one expected Jones to be even 1/10th as good as he is, so don't try and tell me they planned it all along. He was supposed to get owned by Gusmao and probably go 0-2 in the UFC and get cut.
    I dont doubt Jone's reach/wingspan but Alexander's could be off. He could've told the ufc something to gain an advantage. I agree Jones has larger shoulders so a bigger wingspan. But I think the arm are dang near close. And for boxing that is what matters. I dont see how having wider shoulders is an advantage striking. With Alexander being one inch taller. I would give him the reach advtange striking. Jones the reach advantage on the ground or standing submissions.

Gusmao was only supposed to win in the bookmakers eye. The public bet Jones early and often.

there is a good picture of these guys side by side. Gus is taller and has almost the same arm length. Jones does have wider shoulders. Legs it's not even close Gus looks like he has athelete legs and Jones legs look like some computer nerds.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

long night and im shitty at gimp but i cut jones arm, changed the opacity and tried to line it up. Not perfect but gives you an idea

rocky16
    rocky16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Fury View Post
    Yeah, having my documented track record for both free and premium bets BOTH being up units life-to-date = "picking losers."

Right, OK. Whatever you say.

Let's see your documented trackrecord… Oh, wait, you don't have one because it would be a total embarrassment if you did. Typical troll who is a sad, pathetic twerp so he has to try and bring others down to make himself feel better. As they say, misery loves company.
    Pal, you don't want to fock with me. Here's a quick story for your sorry ass. I was watching this movie when I was a kid and it was with this chink named Mr. Miyagi and this phaget named Daniel Son. The chink made Daniel Son wash cars, paint his house, stain his focking deck. After this shit Daniel Son rolled in and starched all of these focking Cobra Kai chomos. I mean laid a focking beating on their punk asses one after another.

So I decided to wash cars and paint houses one whole summer. After that I went out to the streets. Focked everyone up. I mean laying dudes out left and right. I said fock this chink Miyagi had it right the whole time. Moral of the story? I'll fock you up bitch.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

did the whole upper body

Luca Fury

did the whole upper body

Gus is pretty obviously closer to the camera in that picture. EVerything is bigger than Jone, even his head, shoulder with, hands, etc. Need a picture where they are actually side by side

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

still at a weird angle without the arms showing

The iron sheik

Jones ITD is the play here regardless, Alexander is getting outclassed in every facet of fighting and even if he were to have similar reach it wouldn't really change things.

rocky16
    rocky16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Jones ITD is the play here regardless, Alexander is getting outclassed in every facet of fighting and even if he were to have similar reach it wouldn't really change things.
    Gus 75 unit "play"

Luca Fury

still at a weird angle without the arms showing
    Yeah and notice how Gus' head doesn't look way bigger in that pic like it does in the other? In fact, Jones' head looks bigger. That proves Gus is way closer to the camera in the first pic.

Also, all that shows in their biceps. That doesn't help us. Need to see a full arm shot. I tried searching but can;t find any pics or video that show it. In all the far out shots, they have their arms bent, which is useless.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Not what Im feeling. If Rashad went 5 with his wet paper thin jaw I see Gus doing it. But I also see Gus winning this fight. Fight doesnt go the distance might be better. With Jone's needle legs and heavy front foot stance 2 or 3 hard inside kicks by Gus to get Jones all out of balance followed by that upper cut. One of the best in the sport. It could be good night!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Yeah, i mean it's clearly nothing compared to a guy with a al pacino avatar and a 'forze juve' along with a phucking hashtag.

i have one for you brosif #cliché

Do u even know whart juve is plebz?

Das Jax
    Das Jax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 225

The first picture is the best one you're likely to find... they're obviously standing right next to one another.

Luca Fury

So I still think the best evidence we have is comparing the tape when each of them fought Shogun. There's no way Gus has the same reach as Jones judging by that footage. His reach looked identical to Shogun's in their fight, whiel Jon clearly had a massive reach advantage over Rua.

And it's not just because Jones used his reach better. There were times were jones and Rua punched at the same time and Jon landed while Shogun was way short. When Gust fought Shogun, there were times where they punched at the same time and both landed. Plus, again, you could just see the reach differences all throughout the fights

First 12345 ... Last