JamesKim
    JamesKim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 350

Rampage is going to absolutely starch Glover

inb4 "is he a 95% lock?" or any of that sort. I know I got starched the last time I made a thread, but I can't see how Glover beats Rampage so convincingly that he can sit at -330. Completely ridiculous odds.

Glover is a terrible striker, it's incredible easy to predict what he's going to throw next. The fact that he's on a roll is a true testament to how horrible the striking is in the mid to low levels of the UFC.

Herp derp Maldonaldo throws a jab while standing perfectly upright with his chin nice and high, against a guy who throws overhand rights as his set-up punch. So I've concluded that Maldonaldo is either an idiot, or his boxing record is a lie. I went to trusty Boxerec, and sure enough, his record is a complete sham. He beat a bunch of cans that were either just debuting or had completely joke of a record. Crushing Kingsbury isn't really much of an achievement either, so the only explanation I have for Glover being a massive favorite is insane hype or people are expecting Rampage to turn into a can (possible scenario).

Glover throws insanely loopy punches while aggressively moving forward with his head high and his hands low, he's basically made to get starched by Rampage. Rampage will use his head movement to avoid those telegraphied strikes, and destroy Glover. Not to mention Rampage is training with Hatton's former boxing trainer, who undoubtfully knows how easy it is to counter a fighter like that.

Rampage is hard to take down unless you have elite wrestling skills, so I predict this to be a massive highlight reel knockout for good ol Rampage to retire on.

Glover hype is ridiculous, even more ridiculous than people who thought Bisping would focking oustrike Vitor. He better come in with NCAA mode, or come in with vastly improved striking, or he's gonna get derailed pretty damn quickly.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by JamesKim View Post
    inb4 "is he a 95% lock?" or any of that sort. I know I got starched the last time I made a thread, but I can't see how Glover beats Rampage so convincingly that he can sit at -330. Completely ridiculous odds.

Glover is a terrible striker, it's incredible easy to predict what he's going to throw next. The fact that he's on a roll is a true testament to how horrible the striking is in the mid to low levels of the UFC.

Herp derp Maldonaldo throws a jab while standing perfectly upright with his chin nice and high, against a guy who throws overhand rights as his set-up punch. So I've concluded that Maldonaldo is either an idiot, or his boxing record is a lie. I went to trusty Boxerec, and sure enough, his record is a complete sham. He beat a bunch of cans that were either just debuting or had completely joke of a record. Crushing Kingsbury isn't really much of an achievement either, so the only explanation I have for Glover being a massive favorite is insane hype or people are expecting Rampage to turn into a can (possible scenario).

Glover throws insanely loopy punches while aggressively moving forward with his head high and his hands low, he's basically made to get starched by Rampage. Rampage will use his head movement to avoid those telegraphied strikes, and destroy Glover. Not to mention Rampage is training with Hatton's former boxing trainer, who undoubtfully knows how easy it is to counter a fighter like that.

Rampage is hard to take down unless you have elite wrestling skills, so I predict this to be a massive highlight reel knockout for good ol Rampage to retire on.

Glover hype is ridiculous, even more ridiculous than people who thought Bisping would focking oustrike Vitor. He better come in with NCAA mode, or come in with vastly improved striking, or he's gonna get derailed pretty damn quickly.
    haha fair play

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Just need Bigday or Sanford to agree with you and we've got a blind play on Teixeira.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

For what it's worth, I think Rampage will destroy Glover, and I'm the third best MMA capper here, after Sanford and BetIslands. Pretty confident in it.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

BetIslands was a pretty good capper. They capped me as a sucker and they were right.

JKD
    JKD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 194

I'll bet Rampage small at those odds, but bro, you're freeking doing it again.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Pure comedy

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

Confident to say Rampage rolls in this one. Will wait till weigh ins to lock it in. Hopefully the line doesn't drop a ton before then.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    Just need Bigday or Sanford to agree with you and we've got a blind play on Teixeira.
    It wouldn't hurt if Gabe had another massive play on Glover also.

JamesKim

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Pure comedy
    Suck my nuts you parasite, I don't think I've ever even seen you cap a fight. Do you just tail betters and go around b!tchin when people with enough balls to make predictions get it wrong? Why don't you try explaining your cap of the fight, you piece of shyt. Come at me f@gg0t.

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

Quote Originally Posted by Mercersux View Post
    Confident to say Rampage rolls in this one. Will wait till weigh ins to lock it in. Hopefully the line doesn't drop a ton before then.
    Good idea...remember a while back in Japan, Jackson's weigh-in for the Bader fight said it all...

Beelzebubzy

Suck my nuts you parasite, I don't think I've ever even seen you cap a fight. Do you just tail betters and go around b!tchin when people with enough balls to make predictions get it wrong? Why don't you try explaining your cap of the fight, you piece of shyt. Come at me f@gg0t.
    Hello mr Kim. I have no disrespect for you or your cappin abilities however after making an outrageous statement on strike force I woul have thought one would have laid low

i don't tail anyone here. People are right people are wrong.
    I played glover heavily at -185 when they were booked the first time and would not touch this line. I have stated many times here that rampage ko power is overrated and missed some easy chins like jardine Forrest ad bader moreover I don't like betting page as his quantity of punches is low.

Best of luck on your plays

name callin is not nice and your mommy should have taught you better. I'll have a word with her tonight after I'm done straightening her eyes out

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

JamesKim

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Hello mr Kim. I have no disrespect for you or your cappin abilities however after making an outrageous statement on strike force I woul have thought one would have laid low

i don't tail anyone here. People are right people are wrong.
    I played glover heavily at -185 when they were booked the first time and would not touch this line. I have stated many times here that rampage ko power is overrated and missed some easy chins like jardine Forrest ad bader moreover I don't like betting page as his quantity of punches is low.

Best of luck on your plays

name callin is not nice and your mommy should have taught you better. I'll have a word with her tonight after I'm done straightening her eyes out
    This remids me of another brilliant anaylsis of yours, that Belcher would beat Okami because Okami doesn't have enough good training partners.

Expect Rampage's punch output to be a lot higher when the other guy won't run from him and comes in aggressively with looping punches. Maybe instead of betting based on Wikipedia records and how Rampage has matched up with fighters with vastly different styles, you should try to cap fights based on how two fighters match up with another. You know, almost like proper capping?

My mother actually has quite large eyes, even naturally has the double eyelids. However, my eyes don't, why don't you come try straightening them out you little jew. Nothing convinces me more of a skinny/fat/manlet fagg0t with a complex than someone who tries to throw out mom penetrating jokes over the internet.

jacktheknife
    jacktheknife's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16896

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
    Good idea...remember a while back in Japan, Jackson's weigh-in for the Bader fight said it all...
    No it didn't. The news was out well before that Rampage stonewalled an injury that kept him from training.

And let me guess. The public is basing the outcome of this fight on his condition in Japan. Like GSP's "lackluster" performance against a two-eyed Jake Shields. People have the memory of brain dead people.

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

For the record, I'm on Glover for 3 units.

Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

I will agree with OP that betting on Vitor at practically +EV odds IN BRAZIL was one of the easiest bets to ever make in my life in any sport.

However, this one is different. If fat fukking Rampage who can't take out Matt Hamill shows up, it can be Glover's fight. Like others said, wait for the weigh ins and as soon as he walks out make your bet before the line moves.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

England's Jimi Manuwa has warned Glover Teixeira that Rampage Jackson is in the mood to do serious damage when the former light-heavyweight champion bids farewell to the UFC this weekend.
    Manuwa has spent weeks working with Rampage ahead of his own fight, which takes place against Cyrille Diabate in London on February 16.
    Rampage will quit the UFC after Saturday's clash in Chicago, which acts as the co-main event to the flyweight title bout between Demetrious Johnson and John Dodson. A lightweight collision between Donald Cerrone and Anthony Pettis is also on the card.
    After defeats to Jon Jones and Ryan Bader it is anticipated that Jackson's career is winding down in his 35th year, but Manuwa warns that there is a fierce determination inside the American to bow out with a victory this weekend.
    "He's in killer mode," Manuwa told ESPN. "He's looking good and he's focused. I've been speaking to him on the phone as well and he is really, really focused.
    "You can't write Rampage off. Their styles match up really well."
    Rampage and Manuwa, both 205-pounders, like to fight aggressively and look for the knockout inside the Octagon, so Manuwa says sparring has been "interesting". And the Brit will be looking to make sure a slice of Rampage remains in the UFC after he has gone, revealing he has picked up one or two tricks to use against Diabate.
    "We get a good spar in, we've both been learning from each other," Manuwa said. "On the wrestling side of things Rampage has been great.
    "We've got similar styles so it's working really well. He's taught me a few things but I won't reveal them until fight night."

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/stor...0Yq45K10jZ4.99

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by jacktheknife View Post
    No it didn't. The news was out well before that Rampage stonewalled an injury that kept him from training.

And let me guess. The public is basing the outcome of this fight on his condition in Japan. Like GSP's "lackluster" performance against a two-eyed Jake Shields. People have the memory of brain dead people.
    lol "two-eyed" as opposed to "one-eye"? Haven't we all got two eyes? I dont get tht term, is it an American thing?!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

This remids me of another brilliant anaylsis of yours, that Belcher would beat Okami because Okami doesn't have enough good training partners.

Expect Rampage's punch output to be a lot higher when the other guy won't run from him and comes in aggressively with looping punches. Maybe instead of betting based on Wikipedia records and how Rampage has matched up with fighters with vastly different styles, you should try to cap fights based on how two fighters match up with another. You know, almost like proper capping?

My mother actually has quite large eyes, even naturally has the double eyelids. However, my eyes don't, why don't you come try straightening them out you little jew. Nothing convinces me more of a skinny/fat/manlet fagg0t with a complex than someone who tries to throw out mom penetrating jokes over the internet.
    I dont think Beelze really did argue that. Taking out of context sligtly Mr Kim. I had said that I was concerned with Belcher spending most of his time in Biloxi sparring with chumps at his own gym and not spending enough time with quality guys like has done in the past at Roufus Sport in Milwaukee. Beelze was playing devil's advocate (Beelzebubzy get it!?) and said but who is Okami sparring with other than Sonnen perhaps?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by JKD View Post
    I'll bet Rampage small at those odds, but bro, you're freeking doing it again.
    Similar technique to Gaberz,...the old create a new thread each time and sayer Fighter X is a lock and eventually one will hit and everybody will forget about previous.

jacktheknife
    jacktheknife's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16896

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    lol "two-eyed" as opposed to "one-eye"? Haven't we all got two eyes? I dont get tht term, is it an American thing?!
    As opposed to GSP who fought half the fight with one. Damn, not you too, V. People really are amnesiac to this sport.

I blame the culinary union.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

ha maybe it would of made sense if you said "one-eyed GSP" rather than "two-eyed Jake Shields"! But I jest, you are quite right GSP's performance was hampered by tht eye poking fuucker

varkolek
    varkolek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2430

Haven't watched the fight with Maldonado yet, but the problem with Glover is he hits extremely hard. Don't recall him taking many people down, just knocks them down with punches and then subs them on the ground.

If it were just about skill set I would take Rampage to win, since from what I remember Glover throws looping punches and keeps his hands low. But Glover's power is a problem. Rampage may have a good chin, but I certainly thick Glover can rock him at least and potentially steal rounds that way.

I will probably bet extremely small on Rampage just for value, but not confident of an outcome.

Beelzebubzy

im anti Jew
    i use sherdog not wiki. The color pages are awesome. Plus pics for my rooster capping.
    belcher? That's te play of mine I was wrong on that you used? Stout at ufc 142, Edgar 150, Cain itd 156, benavides 152. Easton against the Brazilian.

I'm wrong about 47 percent of the time I jus don't go creating threads so that others can measure my rooster. Nothing wrong in taking a dog, best of luck. What percent of the time does page win?

Beelzebubzy

I dont think Beelze really did argue that. Taking out of context sligtly Mr Kim. I had said that I was concerned with Belcher spending most of his time in Biloxi sparring with chumps at his own gym and not spending enough time with quality guys like has done in the past at Roufus Sport in Milwaukee. Beelze was playing devil's advocate (Beelzebubzy get it!?) and said but who is Okami sparring with other than Sonnen perhaps?
    I sent you bangers and mash. More on the way after Aldo destroys our favorite jersey boy

Bagalut
    Bagalut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 647

Quote Originally Posted by varkolek View Post
    Haven't watched the fight with Maldonado yet, but the problem with Glover is he hits extremely hard. Don't recall him taking many people down, just knocks them down with punches and then subs them on the ground.

If it were just about skill set I would take Rampage to win, since from what I remember Glover throws looping punches and keeps his hands low. But Glover's power is a problem. Rampage may have a good chin, but I certainly thick Glover can rock him at least and potentially steal rounds that way.

I will probably bet extremely small on Rampage just for value, but not confident of an oucome.
    Ye you just can't count rampage out. So I guess there is some value on him.
    Rly depends on the shape he Shows up with.
    I will wait for weigh ins and.bet on him after them.

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

I think hes right for the most part. Maldonado looked like a retard striking.

NCAA Glover is a problem...but Rampage has the tools to counter and put Texmans lights out. Im gonna jump on it.

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

I feel Glover wins. But I agree that those odds are a bit much.

Your dramatic rants by saying Glover's striking flat out sucks sort of discredits you. Rampage hasn't "starched" anyone since when? '08?
    I feel the UFC knows what they are doing. I doubt they would give Rampage the chance to look great if they didn't think Tex was up to the task to send him out with a loss.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    I feel Glover wins. But I agree that those odds are a bit much.

Your dramatic rants by saying Glover's striking flat out sucks sort of discredits you. Rampage hasn't "starched" anyone since when? '08?
    I feel the UFC knows what they are doing. I doubt they would give Rampage the chance to look great if they didn't think Tex was up to the task to send him out with a loss.
    Not disagreeing with you but people were saying the same about Bader/Tito. THese kind of things can sometimes come back to bite you on the ass

Beelzebubzy

Not disagreeing with you but people were saying the same about Bader/Tito. THese kind of things can sometimes come back to bite you on the ass
    Exactly. Do these things happen 33% of te time though?

getlucky2win
    faded
    getlucky2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

i thought the ufc would want a big draw in ortiz to stick around a few more fights. while bader was young and not in line for a title shot so he could afford a loss. otherwise i woulda bet bader big as i figured he would handle ortiz easily

Rubber Guard

Oh I agree. Things happen. But it isn't like Tito out-classed him. He caught him. Tito wasn't as hated at that point either. Dana knew he would still be going into the HOF. He wasn't going to run off and help a rival promotion. Dana will not be happy if Rampage finds some spectacular KO from 2005 then goes off and does good numbers for Bellator. Because at this point there is no way Rampage is staying no matter what happens.

Rubber Guard

Also depends who you are bigger on. Tito was more gone than than Rampage is. (well thats questionable in a way) but I value Tex way more than I ever did Bader. Bader never impressed me with anything he did. For the most part his wrestling was good not real good. His hands sucked but had power. His cardio was average. His submission game was non-existent.

Rampage has a good enough chin and technical ability that the number seems way too high. If Bones Jones Page shows up it should be a real good fight. If Bader Page shows up it isn't even a contest. Tough to cap Page these days.

People like to hang on teh fact that Tex was hit flush once by a former low level pro boxer and are amazed he was stunned. He was winning the whole fight and got caught being too confident and sloppy. He took the shot then went on to continue to dominate. And people want to act like it is a huge hole in his game and his chin is that of Chuck's.
    Last edited by Rubber Guard; 01-23-13 at 02:53 PM.

1234 ... Last