Yotone
    Yotone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 348

dont know but rampage seems to be a shell of himself for a few years now.

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

What the hell has happened with Rampage? Anyone care to elaborate?

The guy was charismatic...loveable actually...it wouldnt seem that the guy was any big criminal or that he would go on a GTA like car crashing spree like he did.

I think the USA/UFC period of time did something to him. He still could've been the champ.

DeFactoCrippler
    DEFACTO© SAVES IDIOTS AND GONZOIDS
    DeFactoCrippler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Sato View Post

The guy was charismatic...loveable actually...it wouldnt seem that the guy was any big criminal or that he would go on a GTA like car crashing spree like he did.

I think the USA/UFC period of time did something to him. He still could've been the champ.
    what you consider "charismatic" and "lovable"

other people consider "coonery"

and or "buffoonery"

guy shucks and jives

for the white man

against mat hamill

he was throwing

bungalows

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

coutin the days till MO steps up

hobbesITD
    hobbesITD's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Sato View Post

Cliffs of Rampage after losing to Forrest Griffin:

-Had a paranoia-induced driving rampage and killed an unborn child
    -Looked like absolute garbage against Jardine, was going to lose the fight on 2 scorecards before knocking Jardine down in the last 10 seconds of the fight.
    -Made himself look somehow even worse in his 2nd TUF coaching opposite Rashad
    -Pulled out of the fight because he had to do press for the A-Team
    -Then looked really bad when he finally fought Rashad
    -Terrible and boring fights with Machida and Matt penetrating Hammill
    -Motorboated Karyn Bryant
    -Looked helpless and stupid against Jones
    -Begged Dana for a fight in Japan. Missed weight by 5 pounds and looked helpless and stupid against Bader

At some point during all of that he found Jesus because a roller-coaster ad told him too. Rampage is kind of dumb.

DeFactoCrippler
    DEFACTO© SAVES IDIOTS AND GONZOIDS
    DeFactoCrippler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by hobbesITD View Post
    Rampage is kind of dumb.
    "Whats the severity of your hand injury?"

"wut u say"

"How injured is your hand?"

"man...u know...u guys usin language terms with me homey...cmon dont be tryin to show your education up in hurr man...cmon dawg dont do me like that"

Rampage Howl
    Rampage Howl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    England's Jimi Manuwa has warned Glover Teixeira that Rampage Jackson is in the mood to do serious damage when the former light-heavyweight champion bids farewell to the UFC this weekend.
    Manuwa has spent weeks working with Rampage ahead of his own fight, which takes place against Cyrille Diabate in London on February 16.
    Rampage will quit the UFC after Saturday's clash in Chicago, which acts as the co-main event to the flyweight title bout between Demetrious Johnson and John Dodson. A lightweight collision between Donald Cerrone and Anthony Pettis is also on the card.
    After defeats to Jon Jones and Ryan Bader it is anticipated that Jackson's career is winding down in his 35th year, but Manuwa warns that there is a fierce determination inside the American to bow out with a victory this weekend.
    "He's in killer mode," Manuwa told ESPN. "He's looking good and he's focused. I've been speaking to him on the phone as well and he is really, really focused.
    "You can't write Rampage off. Their styles match up really well."
    Rampage and Manuwa, both 205-pounders, like to fight aggressively and look for the knockout inside the Octagon, so Manuwa says sparring has been "interesting". And the Brit will be looking to make sure a slice of Rampage remains in the UFC after he has gone, revealing he has picked up one or two tricks to use against Diabate.
    "We get a good spar in, we've both been learning from each other," Manuwa said. "On the wrestling side of things Rampage has been great.
    "We've got similar styles so it's working really well. He's taught me a few things but I won't reveal them until fight night."

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/stor...0Yq45K10jZ4.99
    Good find, V...

It doesn't really sway me one way or the other, because training partners are always going to blindly +1 each other... But as a fan of both guys, it's cool to know that Rampage is sparring with a guy with the the dynamite hands like Manuwa, and Manuwa is sparring with a guy as strong as Page, and maybe he can get a feel for how he can hang in the clinch with some of the big boys at LHW...

I don't care if you're on Page or Glover, @ +260, you've got to love the value on Page here.

JamesKim
    JamesKim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 350

Someone convince me why Glover's striking doesn't suck, cause its pretty bad. It's aggressivev yes, and very powerful, but technically garbage.

JamesKim

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Exactly. Do these things happen 33% of te time though?

Look at each fight independently son, not as a percentage or numbers.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Quote Originally Posted by JamesKim View Post

Look at each fight independently son, not as a percentage or numbers.

I love you long time
    As I ask again what line do you set? The 33% number I came up with is from a Line I saw. Obviously theat line is getting better in your favor and it's around 30%

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by DeFactoCrippler View Post
    what you consider "charismatic" and "lovable"

other people consider "coonery"

and or "buffoonery"

guy shucks and jives

for the white man

against mat hamill

he was throwing

bungalows
    LMAO "coonery" great term

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Someone convince me why Glover's striking doesn't suck, cause its pretty bad. It's aggressivev yes, and very powerful, but technically garbage.
    So because Rampage throws a bit more technical but with no kicks at all he will win? When was the last time Page's technical skills with his power was effective? Couldn't put out Jardine or Hamill. Last KO was UFC 92. Tex will win a dec with leg kicks, possible TDs, more punches, fresher 3rd round. Or he will be the one to win by KO. Rampage's KO ability is very overrated these days. He isn't nearly as athletic or fast as he used to be.

If Rampage comes in looking like the fighter that fought Bones then it should be a great fight. But odds are that he doesn't. No clue if he will be fat Page or just less motivated Page though. That is why he is tough to cap.

JamesKim

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    So because Rampage throws a bit more technical but with no kicks at all he will win? When was the last time Page's technical skills with his power was effective? Couldn't put out Jardine or Hamill. Last KO was UFC 92. Tex will win a dec with leg kicks, possible TDs, more punches, fresher 3rd round. Or he will be the one to win by KO. Rampage's KO ability is very overrated these days. He isn't nearly as athletic or fast as he used to be.

If Rampage comes in looking like the fighter that fought Bones then it should be a great fight. But odds are that he doesn't. No clue if he will be fat Page or just less motivated Page though. That is why he is tough to cap.
    If Glover comes in to do a Condathon or full NCAA molestation mode, he can win.

Soon as he tries to throw that wildly telegraphed overhand or that wide open left hook to the body, he's gonna get clipped. We'll see how Glover's chin really holds up. I don't care who Rampage was able to put away or not, the way Glover approaches his striking plays perfectly into Rampage's style. GLover is gonna throw Rampage a fast ball and Rampage is gonna home run that shit out of the park.

pouyasophy
    pouyasophy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Bunch of haters in here...Rampage isn't perfect, but he is who he is. He feels that the UFC has underpaid him and attempted to phase him out, which is arguable. I don't think he's a bad guy, he's just confused and has a hard time controlling his anger sometimes, but he has worked on that. I also think he has a hard time communicating and instead gets angry and begins a "me against the world mentality." He did the same vs Chuck...maybe it's what he needs...Everyone makes mistakes and there are athletes who are much less mature than him, so I don't understand all the negative energy.

Rubber Guard

If Glover comes in to do a Condathon or full NCAA molestation mode, he can win.

Soon as he tries to throw that wildly telegraphed overhand or that wide open left hook to the body, he's gonna get clipped. We'll see how Glover's chin really holds up. I don't care who Rampage was able to put away or not, the way Glover approaches his striking plays perfectly into Rampage's style. GLover is gonna throw Rampage a fast ball and Rampage is gonna home run that shit out of the park.
    How many Glover fights have you watched?

So since a guy you think will cruise is what a +265 Dog? I'm assuming you will load up on it am I right?

bracerman
    bracerman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3404

Current 5D prop odds. Rampage KO/TKO +500, Rampage ITD +525

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I agree with Mr. Kim, I think the value is definitely with Rampage. He would've beat Bader had he been healthy. This line off because of glovers hype, Maldenado was on short notice too. But Glover's ground game probably won't come into play because rampage has great TDD. So in a fight that will be contested on the feet, where Rampage arguably has a slight advantage.. How can you not bet Rampage here. Glover does drop his hands, I saw this before he fought Maldonado. Rampage has much better striking defense. Rampage obviously has KO power, thats undeniable. The only thing is waiting til weigh ins.

JamesKim

How many Glover fights have you watched?

So since a guy you think will cruise is what a +265 Dog? I'm assuming you will load up on it am I right?
    Yes. I did load on it. I watched every Glover tape I could find, care to explain whatever I missed?

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Yes. I did load on it. I watched every Glover tape I could find, care to explain whatever I missed?
    What line did you set for page? Is he a +150 dog? 190?

Rubber Guard

That he really isn't that bad technically unless he is going for the KO against guys he can easily beat. I doubt he is going to come into this fight and just throw wildly. He incorporates a wide variety of strikes and has very good power. Is he the best striker? No. Not everyone is Anderson or Overeem. But at this stage is he a better striker than Rampage? Yes, defiantly.

I just wouldn't bank on Rampage KOing Glover. His last KO was almost 5 years ago against a crusty Wandy. Before that is was crusty Chuck. Before that it was Eastman. Rampage's KO ability is vastly overrated. He howls at the moon so people think he is a killer.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

That he really isn't that bad technically unless he is going for the KO against guys he can easily beat. I doubt he is going to come into this fight and just throw wildly. He incorporates a wide variety of strikes and has very good power. Is he the best striker? No. Not everyone is Anderson or Overeem. But at this stage is he a better striker than Rampage? Yes, defiantly.

I just wouldn't bank on Rampage KOing Glover. His last KO was almost 5 years ago against a crusty Wandy. Before that is was crusty Chuck. Before that it was Eastman. Rampage's KO ability is vastly overrated. He howls at the moon so people think he is a killer.
    LOL. I see you don't understand the striking game very well.

Anyway, yeah, if he outstrikes Rampage, Rampage should definitely ​retire.

Rubber Guard

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    LOL. I see you don't understand the striking game very well.

Anyway, yeah, if he outstrikes Rampage, Rampage should definitely ​retire.
    LOL there is a guy who calls himself a top 3 MMA handicapper at a random message board. You arrogant prick.

Rampage doesn't impose his striking on anyone and hasn't in years. Glover will out-strike him and then clinch him. And then wear him out. And then probably take him down.

I mean everyone is acting like standing it is Rampage's fight to lose. And we all know he has solid TDD. So where are the units? How many on a guy you think wins, who is +260? Has to at least be 3 or 4 units I would imagine. That much value? Lets see everyones bets on this travesty of a line.

Rampage said time and time again he isn't going to retire. He should have retired when he couldn't KO goofy Jardine.

Rubber Guard

For the record I think the line is high. It probably warrants a bet. But to say Rampage is defiantly the better striker is out there in my opinion. Basically saying he should be favored. I wish you all luck as you guys probably would and should have big money on it. If Page comes in looking good at the weigh in the line will probably drop a bit.

JamesKim

LOL there is a guy who calls himself a top 3 MMA handicapper at a random message board. You arrogant prick.

Rampage doesn't impose his striking on anyone and hasn't in years. Glover will out-strike him and then clinch him. And then wear him out. And then probably take him down.

I mean everyone is acting like standing it is Rampage's fight to lose. And we all know he has solid TDD. So where are the units? How many on a guy you think wins, who is +260? Has to at least be 3 or 4 units I would imagine. That much value? Lets see everyones bets on this travesty of a line.

Rampage said time and time again he isn't going to retire. He should have retired when he couldn't KO goofy Jardine.
    Wide variety of strikes????.......

Where the penetrate did you get the notion that Glover has a diverse striking game? It's just as one dimensional as Rampage's.

Anyyyyyyways, I don't go by who Rampage could have KO'd or should have KO'd, I'm basing my prediction based on STYLES. People are very weary of Rampage, and tend to stick to a range game or a wrestling based gameplan, which drastically reduces the amount of time that Rampage has to hurt people. This won't matter when the guy you're fighting is CONSTANTLY coming in the pocket swinging wild punches. Rampage will have plenty of opportunities to finish, and there is some basis to think Glover might not have the greatest chin. Glover also doesn't have very good head movement when he is throwing and his hands are constantly low. I suggest you read the thread over on why I think Rampage will win, that way we might be able to have a debate that's not based on MMath.

Glover does have avenues to win, but it's hard to see him doing what he has been doing and winning against Rampage.

edit: Rampage's dodge and counter style is a perfect style to beat brawlers like Glover.
    Last edited by JamesKim; 01-25-13 at 11:54 AM.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Behind Sanford and Betislands. You realize that post was sarcastic and, if anything, self-deprecating, right?... Right?

Also, I don't size my bets in units. I have a moderate-sized bet on Rampage, leaning towards small-moderate due to the variables surrounding his physical conditioning.

For the record, I think Glover could out-strike Rampage, he just really, really shouldn't. The stylistic matchup is too unfavourable for him. I wouldn't be horribly surprised to see it happen, but it shouldn't happen.

JamesKim

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    What line did you set for page? Is he a +150 dog? 190?
    If Rampage is injury free and is in good shape, I cap him as a favorite, not a dog. I think this fight is a perfect example of styles make fights. I won't be doing fully Kelly, so don't even bother suggesting. I did bet pretty large, just as large as my Vitor bet and almost large as my Okami bet. Not anywhere near the atricious size that my Marquardt bet was though (which was close to full kelly). Get out of my thread if your next post is gonna be bullshit.

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

I wish you guys well, buttt......

Glover is going to annihilate this fool.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

LMAO

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.