DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida
    DirtyX's Avatar Become A Pro!

And you still haven't posted any plays where you have won $$$. You haven't won Dick. Look everyone Sideloaded has yet to post anything that he has won, hence he hasn't won Dick. Nothing. Zero. Douche.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyX View Post
    And you still haven't posted any plays where you have won $$$. You haven't won Dick. Look everyone Sideloaded has yet to post anything that he has won, hence he hasn't won Dick. Nothing. Zero. Douche.

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post

HAHAHA, now that was a good post. Well done. I appreciate you dedicating so much time researching me on Sherdog and taking your time to photoshop and then repost my avatar. Again this made me lol, so I'll leave it at that. Serious question though, can you be banned on this website? Seriously...? Because they ban people on Sherdog all the time..

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Dude, WTF is your point? What??? I am a member of Sherdog... You were too, and then got banned like a douche.
    I got banned for helping people by giving them a k-1 stream. Everyone I know has been banned by that ronwah f a g or computer fogie

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida

I got banned for helping people by giving them a k-1 stream. Everyone I know has been banned by that ronwah f a g or computer fogie
    Word.. I f--king hate that MOD, RonWAH... He banned a couple of my friends on their too, for saying Overeem was using ROIDS. That website is retarded though, this one is better for MMA imo. Anyway, I give up. I just disagree with you on BJ and Rory Mac. Peace.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dirtyx has held this thread down very well. My posts were obvious exaggerations. Saw a lot of supports for BJ and tried to see why, but...

4 pages and still no one has said how BJ will win except by lucky KO. What do you guys backing BJ see? Anyone really think he will be able to sub Rory or sweep him? Anyone think BJ will win the fight on the feet and be able to just sprawl and brawl? Really having a hard time based on their past fights seeing why Rory is such a small favorite.

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladarus View Post
    Dirtyx has held this thread down very well. My posts were obvious exaggerations. Saw a lot of supports for BJ and tried to see why, but...

4 pages and still no one has said how BJ will win except by lucky KO. What do you guys backing BJ see? Anyone really think he will be able to sub Rory or sweep him? Anyone think BJ will win the fight on the feet and be able to just sprawl and brawl? Really having a hard time based on their past fights seeing why Rory is such a small favorite.
    Ya I just don't see BJ having a legit chance here. I respect BJ a lot, but as I have said I think Rory is simply too big and too strong for Penn.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

rory looks like he walks around at 220

pretty sure i could take him, though.

stefan084
    stefan084's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

I never said I thought BJ would win I said Rory does not have better BJJ credentials than BJ

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Does BJ have enough strength to get Rory in an armbar, or would Rory just lift his arm and toss BJ out of the cage?

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Does BJ have enough strength to get Rory in an armbar, or would Rory just lift his arm and toss BJ out of the cage?
    I think it is possible, but... No nevermind Rory couldn't throw BJ out of the cage. I bet he could throw him to the top rail of the cage. Now regarding BJ getting an arm bar on Rory, ya that is def. impossible. Never could happen, ever.

DeFactoCrippler
    DEFACTO© SAVES IDIOTS AND GONZOIDS
    DeFactoCrippler's Avatar Become A Pro!

An example of the cerebral mma discussion thats stickied at sherdog

Sad that it has to be said, but there has been a lot of this shit lately. Just a reminder, "can" is considered an insult on this site, since it's basically the same as saying a fighter "sucks", it's fighter bashing, and people have and will get dubs for it.

Criticizing a fighter's abilities is fine - "Punchy McToughguy's striking defense is horrible, he can't stop a double leg to save his life, and the last time he won a fight Jimmy Carter was in office." No dubs.

"Punchy McToughguy is a can." Dubs.

If you're going to critique a fighter, be a human being, use your brain, your vocabulary, don't just throw insults. If you just want to throw insults like a dumb monkey throws his own shit, go to youtube, and have a nice life.

Win or lose, perfect or flawed, these are the people who give their blood, sweat, and tears, these are the ones who step into the cages and rings and perform to make this entire sport possible for us, the fans, to watch and enjoy. The least we can do is show a basic amount of respect for them, after all this is a forum dedicated to MMA.

Cheers.

And....posting "this" (etc.) is postwhoring/empty posting and a double yellow card infraction.

So for clarification; is calling someone a 'can crusher' allowed, or not because it implies that the people they fought were cans? ..this place is a linguistic minefield, haha
    I'd avoid it, as it's fighter bashing by implication, but to be honest, if I see "can crusher" I'll probably just delete it most of the time without infraction. Other mods might dub though, so I'd avoid it.

DeFactoCrippler
    DEFACTO© SAVES IDIOTS AND GONZOIDS
    DeFactoCrippler's Avatar Become A Pro!

The way I see it, BJ can train all he wants but at the end of the day he is still going to be a MANLET. Combat sports is one of the only places manlets like BJ can actually run free. I'd be fine with that as long as BJ stayed in his lane, but this guy refuses to fight at his real weight (145) because it means he will have to stop being a lardass and admit to himself that he is, in fact, a manlet.

If people wanted to see manlets run around why don't they make basketball league for people under 6" so we can see manlets like Manny Pacquiao do his flashy layups? Because no one wants to see that shit, thats why. Don't even bother, these manlets are needed to be waterboys and those guys that wipe sweat off the court.

Sports are a metaphor for WAR. Manlets had no place on the battlefield, it would be like sending a woman or a child out there. The swords people used were bigger than BJ was. Back then, manlets knew their place. They main roles were...

1. Training dummies for real men to practice on before they went off to war.

2. They were set on fire and launched into enemy lines by some type of catapult.

3. A group of manlets would just rush into emeny lines and throw themselves on their weapons kamikaze style to give the real warriors a better chance at an attack.

4. A normal sized man would pick up a manlet like BJ Penn and use him as a human shield. Back in the days while being used as a human shield, a manlet like BJ would also have a sword and shield himself.

It should be noted that many of these ancient civilizations practised human sacrifice to the Gods so they may be granted victory in battle. However, Manlets were not used this way because they were not seen as a "sufficient" sacrifice by the God of War.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    where is wannabet and fosho??? and what happened to that adam bowman character?

i need some entertainment lol.
    lol

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

from bj's blog
    “There has been some fights I’ve taken on short notice. I’ve come in there and I haven’t been in shape but a lot of the times – and no one is gonna buy this – the mistake I made is that I’ve worked out too much and I use all my energy by the time I get to the fight – I’m so burnt out from listening to 10 different coaches and listening to 10 different coaches argue with each other. The training camp starts and I can spar, I can go 10 rounds a couple of weeks before the fight I can’t even go the 1st round. That’s just different mistakes that everybody collectively as a team. It’s tough with a person from the outside to gauge what that guy is doing but if your fighter ends up going to a fight with an injury or over trained or whatever it maybe. A lot of coaches don’t want to take the blame but I would have to think that’s the coach’s fault.

You almost want to tell a guy when you hire them, because a lot of people they walk up to you all the time and they say ‘c’mon I can do this, this, this and I can make you so great and I can do this and that’ and I want to tell them ‘And if you don’t? And if you don’t and we fail – can you pay me? Can you give me the money that I’m going to lose?’ you know what I mean ‘why don’t we put your money as deposit? That’s how I feel about different coaches that come up to me and say ‘I can help you this and that’ I just want to tell em ‘If it doesn’t go as you say – you pay me whatever money that we lose – if something goes wrong. ’ I don’t know how many coaches will put their money on the line for that.

On another note talking about Marinovich, Marinovich is a great coach, great trainer. He knows how to train a lot of different sports and I definitely learned a lot from Marinovich over the time. A lot of people talk about those fights the Kenny Florian and Diego fights. And people ask different things, to tell you the truth that Kenny Florian fight was after the GSP fight and I was so embarrassed by the way everything went. One day I’m beating Sean Sherk and I’m the best fighter on the planet and I got a bad fight with GSP and everybody’s saying ‘ah, you’re making excuses. You aint good’ I was just so motivated coming out of the gates for that. I wanted to fight Kenny Florian, fight Diego. Dana White was taking to me about putting on another fight with GSP after the Diego fight. To tell you the truth I never wanted to fight Frankie Edgar, Matt Hughes, Jon Fitch and Nick Diaz. I wanted my revenge for UFC 94 when that all went down because that was big news at the time. I didn’t even want to fight those other fights. Those were just fights I was doing. I don’t even know why I was doing those fights. I was just fighting because I just hate to sit at home and sit on the couch but that’s just everything that happened. I’m not sitting here just obsessing about the whole thing with whatever controversy happened at the 94. Like I said that’s the past. I got nothing to say on that – all that is done at this point.

I got a lot of offers with other guys to fight but when I got the offer from Rory. I’m thinking ‘Good, I get to fight that brain of Tri-Star gym. ‘a lot of it is Faraz. They got a good thing going up there. They got a good team. They’re making a lot of waves. They’ve got St Pierre who’s going to go down as the greatest welterweight in history. They got another guy who they say ‘This is him. This is who’s going to be the champion.’ I don’t know – Like I said ‘I’m not thinking about any belts but I’m pretty good myself. I want to show them. I want to show the world that you’re not just gonna walking in and kick my butt for 4 rounds – no ways! You’re going to the hospital too. If I go to the hospital – you’re going to the hospital too.

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida

from bj's blog

Cool Story Bro

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

BJ looks like he is already at 170 from what i see. People made it seem like he was 300 lbs over weight from pictures in a sweatshirt

http://www.bjpenn.com/mmanews/2012/0...aly-33167.html

rocky16
    rocky16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Penn has much better boxing and faster hands. If he clips Rory it won't be lucky. Rory's wrestling is a tad overrated. I don't see him having a wrestling advantage over Penn. So when Penn is getting his way standing, Rory will definitely work for a single but he'll be unsuccessful. I also wouldn't be shocked if Penn worked for a takedown himself.

Penn has better boxing, better wrestling, better jitz. Rory needs to get this to the 2nd round, and from there take over the fight on a gassing Penn. I see this happening for a 29-28 decision win in Rory's favor, but you guys are nuts to think Rory steamrolls Penn here. Who has Rory steamrolled to make you think he'll steamroll a fighter of Penn's caliber? Che Mills? Mike Pyle? Give me a break.

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida

Quote Originally Posted by rocky16 View Post
    Penn has much better boxing and faster hands. If he clips Rory it won't be lucky. Rory's wrestling is a tad overrated. I don't see him having a wrestling advantage over Penn. So when Penn is getting his way standing, Rory will definitely work for a single but he'll be unsuccessful. I also wouldn't be shocked if Penn worked for a takedown himself.

Penn has better boxing, better wrestling, better jitz. Rory needs to get this to the 2nd round, and from there take over the fight on a gassing Penn. I see this happening for a 29-28 decision win in Rory's favor, but you guys are nuts to think Rory steamrolls Penn here. Who has Rory steamrolled to make you think he'll steamroll a fighter of Penn's caliber? Che Mills? Mike Pyle? Give me a break.
    Rory will have 25 + pounds on Penn. Rory is HUGE for a WW and Penn is tiny for a WW. Rory's wrestling is far superior to Penn's, I just don't see how you think Penn has better wrestling. Rory has some of the best wrestling in MMA. The kid is 11 years younger and super motivated. Penn is old, is notorious for having no cardio, and Penn belongs at lightweight. BJ hasn't beat anyone in three years, besides an old Matt Hughes.. How do you figure Rory's wrestling is overrated? Just curious... I agree BJ has the boxing edge and the BJJ advantage, but due to Rory's size, I doubt Penn will be able to use his BJJ effectively. Rory dominates here imo.

rocky16

Rory will have 25 + pounds on Penn. Rory is HUGE for a WW and Penn is tiny for a WW. Rory's wrestling is far superior to Penn's, I just don't see how you think Penn has better wrestling. Rory has some of the best wrestling in MMA. The kid is 11 years younger and super motivated. Penn is old, is notorious for having no cardio, and Penn belongs at lightweight. BJ hasn't beat anyone in three years, besides an old Matt Hughes.. How do you figure Rory's wrestling is overrated? Just curious... I agree BJ has the boxing edge and the BJJ advantage, but due to Rory's size, I doubt Penn will be able to use his BJJ effectively. Rory dominates here imo.
    What makes Rory have the wrestling edge? Because he took Che Mills down? Guys like GSP, Hughes, Fitch had a hell of a time taking Penn down, especially early in their fights. Has Rory ever taken a guy with the wrestling of a Jon Fitch down like Penn did? Give me some examples of this superior wrestling instead of just saying he's a better wrestler. I say is wrestling is overrated because guys like you are overrating it. Its a pretty simple concept to understand.

I agree that size does mean something, thats why I see Penn eventually gassing as Rory wears on him, but I don't see how Rory dominates like you're saying. What is this based on?

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida

What makes Rory have the wrestling edge? Because he took Che Mills down? Guys like GSP, Hughes, Fitch had a hell of a time taking Penn down, especially early in their fights. Has Rory ever taken a guy with the wrestling of a Jon Fitch down like Penn did? Give me some examples of this superior wrestling instead of just saying he's a better wrestler. I say is wrestling is overrated because guys like you are overrating it. Its a pretty simple concept to understand.

I agree that size does mean something, thats why I see Penn eventually gassing as Rory wears on him, but I don't see how Rory dominates like you're saying. What is this based on?
    I think he will throw BJ around the Cage similiar to Nate Diaz. Not sure if you have seen that fight, but Rory threw him around like he was a little kid, and I know that Nate is now at LW, and that is where BJ should be also, not WW. I think Rory will close the distance, clinch, and then immediately take Penn down. If he stands with Penn in the first round, I def could see BJ outstriking him, and possibly KOing him. However, while I think BJ def. has an edge standing, I don't see him being able to hang on the ground with Rory, if nothing else, simply due to how massive Rory is compared to Penn. Rory will lay in BJ's guard, and take the wind out of him rather quickly as Penn is known to lack cardio. I wouldn't be surprised to see Rory be able to land big shots from BJ's guard, he wouldn't even need mount or side mount to do damage imo. I don't think GSP had a hard time taking BJ down... I don't recall GSP having any trouble getting Penn to the mat, i thought GSP made BJ his bitch is both fights, especially on the ground, so maybe I need to rewatch those fights.. Also, Rory's GnP is deadly, and I think Rory wins by 2nd round TKO via GnP.
    Last edited by DirtyX; 08-01-12 at 01:47 PM.

rocky16

I think he will throw BJ around the Cage similiar to Nate Diaz. Not sure if you have seen that fight, but Rory threw him around like he was a little kid, and I know that Nate is now at LW, and that is where BJ should be also, not WW. I think Rory will close the distance, clinch, and then immediately take Penn down. If he stands with Penn in the first round, I def could see BJ outstriking him, and possibly KOing him. However, while I think BJ def. has an edge standing, I don't see him being able to hang on the ground with Rory, if nothing else, simply due to how massive Rory is compared to Penn. Rory will lay in BJ's guard, and take the wind out of him rather quickly as Penn is known to lack cardio. I wouldn't be surprised to see Rory be able to land big shots from BJ's guard, he wouldn't even need mount or side mount to do damage imo. I don't think GSP had a hard time taking BJ down... I don't recall GSP having any trouble getting Penn to the mat, i thought GSP made BJ his bitch is both fights, especially on the ground, so maybe I need to rewatch those fights.. Also, Rory's GnP is deadly, and I think Rory wins by 2nd round TKO via GnP.
    Dude, you do realize you're trying to compare Nate Diaz TDD against BJ Penn right? Diaz has always struggled with his TDD, and Penn is legendary in this aspect. And yes, I've seen the fight. Haha. I've seen thousands of fights and starting watching MMA 8 years ago. I got into it after seeing Wanderlei Silva fighting in Pride. I haven't missed the last 80 UFC PPV's, and watch everyone promotion possible.

GSP didn't have trouble taking Penn down? Yes, please do rewatch those fights, you're simply wrong. At UFC 94 in the 2nd fight GSP could not take Penn down in the opening 7, 8 mins of the fight. Penn also, IMO, beat GSP in the first fight they both fought. How could GSP have made Penn his bitch in both fights when Penn put GSP in the hospital in the 1st fight? That literally makes no sense.

Penn simply doesn't get taken down in the opening round of any fight, so Rory would be the first guy to do it. I think you're underestimating how good Penn's TDD is, and overrating how good Rory's offensive wrestling is.

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida

Dude, you do realize you're trying to compare Nate Diaz TDD against BJ Penn right? Diaz has always struggled with his TDD, and Penn is legendary in this aspect. And yes, I've seen the fight. Haha. I've seen thousands of fights and starting watching MMA 8 years ago. I got into it after seeing Wanderlei Silva fighting in Pride. I haven't missed the last 80 UFC PPV's, and watch everyone promotion possible.

GSP didn't have trouble taking Penn down? Yes, please do rewatch those fights, you're simply wrong. At UFC 94 in the 2nd fight GSP could not take Penn down in the opening 7, 8 mins of the fight. Penn also, IMO, beat GSP in the first fight they both fought. How could GSP have made Penn his bitch in both fights when Penn put GSP in the hospital in the 1st fight? That literally makes no sense.

Penn simply doesn't get taken down in the opening round of any fight, so Rory would be the first guy to do it. I think you're underestimating how good Penn's TDD is, and overrating how good Rory's offensive wrestling is.

Ya man, maybe I am underestimating Penn. Honestly, I have never liked him, and I have made a decent amount of money betting against him in the Nick Diaz fight. I put a large amount on Fitch against him also, but that was obviously a draw, so I didn't make any $. Point is, I love to bet against BJ, so maybe I am rushing to bet on Rory just because I fade Penn any chance I get. You do seem like you have pretty good arguments as to why Penn may have a legit chance here. To be dead honest, I am basically banking on Rory's youth and size advantage to carry him through here. I am also banking on the fact that Penn is old, past his prime, and much smaller. Either guy could win, although I will be betting Rory regardless assuming he stays at -300 or below, but I will rewatch those GSP/Penn fights before I lay any $ on Rory. Good luck man.

rocky16

Ya man, maybe I am underestimating Penn. Honestly, I have never liked him, and I have made a decent amount of money betting against him in the Nick Diaz fight. I put a large amount on Fitch against him also, but that was obviously a draw, so I didn't make any $. Point is, I love to bet against BJ, so maybe I am rushing to bet on Rory just because I fade Penn any chance I get. You do seem like you have pretty good arguments as to why Penn may have a legit chance here. To be dead honest, I am basically banking on Rory's youth and size advantage to carry him through here. I am also banking on the fact that Penn is old, past his prime, and much smaller. Either guy could win, although I will be betting Rory regardless assuming he stays at -300 or below, but I will rewatch those GSP/Penn fights before I lay any $ on Rory. Good luck man.
    Good luck with your bet. Like I said I do think Rory takes this fight, I just don't see it as a blowout. I could be wrong, because Rory is the future of the 170 division and Penn is towards the end, but based on each fighters strengths and weaknesses I think it will be closer than the line indicates. I'm a Penn and MacDonald fan so I'm a bit torn on this fight. I just hope to see a good scrap.

Kaladarus

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    BJ looks like he is already at 170 from what i see. People made it seem like he was 300 lbs over weight from pictures in a sweatshirt

http://www.bjpenn.com/mmanews/2012/0...aly-33167.html
    Healy looks like he has 30lbs on Penn and he is only 5'9 and fighting at 155.

rocky16

Healy looks like he has 30lbs on Penn and he is only 5'9 and fighting at 155.
    Thats because he probably does have 30 lbs on him. Healy is a HUGE LW, and cuts a ton to get to 155. I guess you guys unloaded on Lesnar against Cain and Maynard against Edgar.

Kaladarus

I was on Cain and Edgar in those fights actually and have posts in this forum that prove that. I was also on Edgar in the first fight against BJ.

Like I mentioned in one of my earlier posts I see Rory being able to out strike BJ similar to how Edgar did it. Edgar was going in and out using his speed. Rory can do almost the same thing. He should have a speed advantage and cardio. He uses his jab on the feet and had great success beating Nate Diaz on the feet with the jab. While Edgar obviously is much faster than Rory, Edgar gave 2" reach to BJ. Rory has a 6.5" reach advantage against a guy who should be slower than him.

BJ getting inside for a takedown is unlikely because the only way Rory should ever be inside is if he is going for a takedown.

Kaladarus

Also Cain and Edgar had significant speed and cardio advantages against their opponents. BJ is much worse than Rory in both those categories. Cain and Edgar had also never been finished and were both fighting 5 rounds. A terrible comparison.

rocky16

A terrible comparison.
    The comparison was made based on the size of the fighters. How can it be terrible when its accurate?

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

hahaha rory pulled out of the fight because he knew he would piss hot. f-cking roiding douche bag

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6513

gotta love bj. dude trains exactly like any one of us would train... smoke buds, drink beer, train later... somehow he still manages to win a few fights
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PunisherIND

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

hahaha rory pulled out of the fight because he knew he would piss hot. f-cking roiding douche bag

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

never said he didnt have a cut, he did pull out on purpose though. He had his friend cut him on purpose. They do it in pro wrestling all the time. He could've even done that himself in his kitchen with a scalpel.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

hahaha how did I know tht was coming!

stefan084
    stefan084's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

GSP beat Penn up in the second fight but did you watch the first Penn/GSP? GSPs face was busted up as Penn was dominating the stand up then GSP got some late takedowns to earn the dec. Made BJ his bitch? Yes in second fight, not even close in first fight

First 123456 Last