Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Quote Originally Posted by DeFactoCrippler View Post
    Rory got rocked by Che Mills on the feet and was able to recover which means BJ's power probably won't be an issue. It's not like BJ even has above average power at LW let alone at 170. I thought this line would be moving in only one direction but I underestimated the BJ nuthuggery.

Does anyone think Rory will be able to finish him via gnp? If BJ loses this we will probably hear all kinds of excuses from his fans and camp. "Rory's back pimples popped and created a grease like effect which prevented BJ from locking up submissions".
    i think this is why BJ wanted to have Rory tested. I don't think he wanted to take his back with that mess on it.

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    BJ has eight weeks to train. He knows this kid is dangerous. BJ will come in shape. We all know he isn't the most motivated guy in the world. He will be for this fight guaranteed. If there is that slight chance he isn't a mysterious injury could pop up. I doubt it tho. Problem with BJ is that he like Rampage don't stay in shape and then turn it up in camp. They like to have fun with their down time and then turn it up in camp. Guys like Rory are in shape all the time.
    How can you even say this? Guaranteed? Do you have inside info?

I like Penn, but fact is, he sucks at 170. He looked real good vs. Fitch...then folded up. People say he will come in with better gas every fight he is in.

DeFactoCrippler
    DEFACTO© SAVES IDIOTS AND GONZOIDS
    DeFactoCrippler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    i think this is why BJ wanted to have Rory tested. I don't think he wanted to take his back with that mess on it.
    Rory is clearly juicing. Probably gets it from the same source as gsp.

As far as the fight goes, if BJ can't make Rory fear his power he is in real trouble. Even if his boxing is better than Rory's, BJ is at a 6.5 inch reach disadvantage which means if he is range to hit rory, he is definitely in range to get taken down. BJ doesn't have the footwork to be able to get inside Rory's reach and back out again without getting countered or taken down.

If Rory can get walk through his punches he will be able to clinch easily and get taken down from there. BJ does not have the gas tank to move around effectively either. If he is somehow able to elude Rory with footwork he will only be able to do it for one round without gassing.

getlucky2win
    faded
    getlucky2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

i got rory in a few parlays, i think the line is about right. was hoping to get a better price. i went big on diaz over penn. that line was a gift

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Quote Originally Posted by DeFactoCrippler View Post
    Rory is clearly juicing. Probably gets it from the same source as gsp.

As far as the fight goes, if BJ can't make Rory fear his power he is in real trouble. Even if his boxing is better than Rory's, BJ is at a 6.5 inch reach disadvantage which means if he is range to hit rory, he is definitely in range to get taken down. BJ doesn't have the footwork to be able to get inside Rory's reach and back out again without getting countered or taken down.

If Rory can get walk through his punches he will be able to clinch easily and get taken down from there. BJ does not have the gas tank to move around effectively either. If he is somehow able to elude Rory with footwork he will only be able to do it for one round without gassing.

Do you think Penn might be able to sweep Rory in the first round if he gets taken down?

DeFactoCrippler
    DEFACTO© SAVES IDIOTS AND GONZOIDS
    DeFactoCrippler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    Do you think Penn might be able to sweep Rory in the first round if he gets taken down?
    Don't see it happening in the first round, myself. Considering Rory's weight advantage and the game plans used by his camp before. If he gets BJ down I can see him being real cautious and not giving BJ any opportunity, especially in the first round before they have a sweat worked up. Just bury his head in BJ chest, posture up for some gnp, repeat.

I really can't understand why BJ is even taking this fight, unless they are paying him a shitload. Check out this pic of Diaz and BJ together after the fight. Rory should be huge compared to him.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rory is significantly better everywhere. He is better on the feet, better wrestling and better BJJ. BJ has KO power and can get lucky with it in the first round. BJ's chance in this fight is similar to James Toney's chances of beating Randy Couture in their MMA fight.

getlucky2win
    faded

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladarus View Post
    Rory is significantly better everywhere. He is better on the feet, better wrestling and better BJJ. BJ has KO power and can get lucky with it in the first round. BJ's chance in this fight is similar to James Toney's chances of beating Randy Couture in their MMA fight.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Not better bjj.

Kaladarus

Much better BJJ. He would destroy BJ in BJJ at 170. Rory's won BJJ competitions and was competing with adults at 15 and beating them all. He's got better BJJ credentials by far.

getlucky2win
    faded

rory's bjj isnt significantly better and penn is pretty good on the feet 2. bj has much better chance than james toney. that was a rediculous comparison

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida
    DirtyX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by getlucky2win View Post
    rory's bjj isnt significantly better and penn is pretty good on the feet 2. bj has much better chance than james toney. that was a rediculous comparison

That might be a little far fetched, but Rory will dominate here.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Much better BJJ. He would destroy BJ in BJJ at 170. Rory's won BJJ competitions and was competing with adults at 15 and beating them all. He's got better BJJ credentials by far.

Kaladarus

MMA math doesn't work. Looking at past fights though there's a lot of information we have on Rory. The Diaz's striking levels in many people's opinion are very similar. Nick beat BJ on the feet by a decent margin. Rory was able to use his jab and length to out strike Nate Diaz in their fight.

Edgar's style is completely different from Rory, but it plays out almost the same. BJ has problems with guys that use range and don't stay for counter punches or allow him to get on the inside. Rory uses his reach, stays outside and goes for takedowns on the inside. He can use his movement and speed to out strike BJ while staying on the outside or threaten with takedowns when BJ gets on the inside. This should be some what easy considering the huge reach advantage.

Rory has shown that his chin might not be the best which is something that is a concern. Other than BJ getting a lucky KO which is possible it's really hard to see a clear path of victory for BJ.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1812

If BJ has poor cardio. My lean is on Rory for now.

stefan084
    stefan084's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

rory has better bjj credentials than bj penn by far?.......really? explain

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida

Quote Originally Posted by stefan084 View Post
    rory has better bjj credentials than bj penn by far?.......really? explain

BJ is good on the ground, but when was the last time you have seen him use his grappling and BJJ..? BJ will be dwarfed by Rory in physical size, and that in itself will be a problem for Penn once this fight hits the mat. Rory has some of the best top control in MMA. On top of that, Rory is great on the ground if you haven't noticed, the dude is a wizard. He will also be the much stronger, and larger fighter by far. I think he will throw Penn around similar to Nate Diaz which will lead to his victory. Like someone else said, I don't even know why BJ would take this fight. He is outmatched here in every aspect imo.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Penn took diaz back
    out wrestled a bigger Fitch for two rounds
    subbed black belt Kenny florian

AdamB
    AdamB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 463

This Kaladarus guy is ******* with us right?

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

You seem to think BJ has 0% chance, so using kelly are you going to wager 100% of your bankroll on Rory?

rocky16
    rocky16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

This has to be a joke right. Listen little boy, I understand you just started watching MMA a week ago, so I'll let this slide. So why don't you avoid posting and watch MMA for 3 years. I'll then lift the ban and let you start posting again.

rocky16

Quote Originally Posted by AdamB View Post
    This Kaladarus guy is ******* with us right?
    No, thats the problem. He really believes what he's saying. Just nod, and move on bro. Leave him be in his little fantasy world full of delusions.

rocky16

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Penn took diaz back
    They never saw those fights. They just started watching MMA the other day and thought it would be cool to start talking about it.

Kaladarus

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Penn took diaz back
    You could also put it like this...
    Penn lost to Diaz.
    Got a draw against Fitch because for the first time in his career he used a game plan and Fitch didn't expect it.
    Subbed a guy who took so much punishment on the feet he game up and let BJ sub him.

Not that this matters, but might as well say that Macdonald beats Diaz, Fitch and Florian convincingly.

Kaladarus

Quote Originally Posted by rocky16 View Post
    This has to be a joke right. Listen little boy, I understand you just started watching MMA a week ago, so I'll let this slide. So why don't you avoid posting and watch MMA for 3 years. I'll then lift the ban and let you start posting again.
    MMA? We talking about BJJ here. What does what I said there have to do with MMA? Google is your friend if you are interested in finding Rory's BJJ credentials. The BJJ credentials every other good MMA handicapper already knows about.

Kaladarus

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    You seem to think BJ has 0% chance, so using kelly are you going to wager 100% of your bankroll on Rory?
    You seem to think a punchers chance on a guy with a weak chin is a 0% chance.

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post

Pretty much... Rory will dominate here. How do you see BJ winning this fight. Explain. He will get destroyed me thinks, this fight will not even be close or competitive whatsoever.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rory is on steriods, and wont be this fight

rocky16

MMA? We talking about BJJ here. What does what I said there have to do with MMA? Google is your friend if you are interested in finding Rory's BJJ credentials. The BJJ credentials every other good MMA handicapper already knows about.
    Sorry I don't discuss BJJ with nerdy fat kids who've never trained in their life. Keep using google though to learn about it.

rocky16

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyX View Post
    Pretty much... Rory will dominate here. How do you see BJ winning this fight. Explain. He will get destroyed me thinks, this fight will not even be close or competitive whatsoever.
    You should bet your entire bankroll of $17.72 on Rory then.

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida

You should bet your entire bankroll of $17.72 on Rory then.

I never bet more than 30% of my bankroll on anyone, but I will come back on here and post my ticket number when i do place my bet. I was arguing with you Penn fanboys about this when he was fighting Diaz. You guys were all backing BJ and I said he would be outclassed both on the feet and on the ground. BJ doesn't have it in him anymore and that is why he cries like a baby and screams retirement when he loses. Either that, or he blames his losses on GSP greasing instead of looking at his lack of motivation to actually train and have a legit camp. Penn has no business at 170lbs, none. If you like BJ so much in this, bet on it and post your ticket number.... He is +220 +240 range.

Kaladarus

Sorry I don't discuss BJJ with nerdy fat kids who've never trained in their life. Keep using google though to learn about it.
    Funny... or it would be if I didn't just recommend it to you.

rocky16

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyX View Post
    I never bet more than 30% of my bankroll on anyone, but I will come back on here and post my ticket number when i do place my bet. I was arguing with you Penn fanboys about this when he was fighting Diaz. You guys were all backing BJ and I said he would be outclassed both on the feet and on the ground. BJ doesn't have it in him anymore and that is why he cries like a baby and screams retirement when he loses. Either that, or he blames his losses on GSP greasing instead of looking at his lack of motivation to actually train and have a legit camp. Penn has no business at 170lbs, none. If you like BJ so much in this, bet on it and post your ticket number.... He is +220 +240 range.
    I know what the line is. Thanks though. Just because I just started posting here doesn't mean I didn't exist before.

rocky16

Funny... or it would be if I didn't just recommend it to you.
    Terrible comeback. You're bad at this.

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida

I know what the line is. Thanks though. Just because I just started posting here doesn't mean I didn't exist before.
    It's all good dude. I know BJ is dangerous and he is a legend, however in my mind he belongs at 155lbs. We simply disagree on this fight, as I think Rory will walk through BJ, especially if this fight goes to the second or third.

First 12345 ... Last