hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyways, doesn't matter vitooth.... I speak the truth and am disappointed so far to the start of the new TUF season. I would even say that last season it was my favourite tv show.

Hopefully I will feel the same once the 'regular' shows begin.

I'm out

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    Anyways, doesn't matter vitooth.... I speak the truth and am disappointed so far to the start of the new TUF season. I would even say that last season it was my favourite tv show.

Hopefully I will feel the same once the 'regular' shows begin.

I'm out
    I thought the fights were great. More than one round wsn't necessary for most of these fights. Alot of entertaining finishes. Not sure what you are expecting.

Lawrence is such a ******* killer. Looking forward to him destroying dudes with that nasty striking. Long hair dude was also very impressive. Very slick BJJ.

Vitooch
    Dayman

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Jared Carlsten recently got his BJJ black-belt from Eddie Bravo...very dangerous ground game..one of most flexible dudes u'll ever see...but has faced three cans so far in his short pro MMA career.

Check out his TUF audition video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSz7f6d2xyQ

Would have loved to see his rubber guard in action but he get unlucky and got matched up with a killer in Marcello

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

I don't think the UFC wanted Dakota Cochring to win. They gave him the worst possible stylistic match-up.
    Last edited by gabe; 03-12-12 at 01:04 PM.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

looks like they set matchups for this week:

myles jury vs andy ogle
    al laquinta vs jeremy larson
    mike rio vs michael chiesa
    chris saunders vs james vick
    christiano marcelo vs joey proctor
    justin lawrence vs daron curickshank
    sam sicilia vs chris tickle
    john cofer vs vinc pichel

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

sicilia vs tickle-- damn, i like both those guys.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

lawrence vs cruickshank is interesting as well... liked cruickshank's mix of his wrestling base and (reportedly from his parents) TKD. And Lawerence looked solid in putting away an experienced vet in Krause...

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

marcello vs proctor should be really good

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

jury vs ogle -- that's actually a featherweight vs featherweight match-up, with both of them competing at lightweight for the show.

ghost kid
    ghost kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35576

Where is this info from? Do you have a link?

Doesn't seem legit. Why would all the matchups be announced up front?

Pretty sure it's ONE fight a week for 13 weeks.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by ghost kid View Post
    Where is this info from? Do you have a link?

Doesn't seem legit. Why would all the matchups be announced up front?

Pretty sure it's ONE fight a week for 13 weeks.
    this may not be the most reliable source, but i got the information from Kountermove.com. this is a salary cap fantasy mma game being promoted by randy couture, where you have to choose a 5-fighter lineup for each event. anyway, they have a game set up for TUF 15 with all of the matchups listed.

http://www.kountermove.com/join/3428...ter-live-T-10/

ghost kid

That board is to select the overall winner of the show. You pick one of those 16 selections.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

That board is to select the overall winner of the show. You pick one of those 16 selections.
    ahh shite, you are correct. i should have read the rules.

sorry everyone.

ghost kid

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    ahh shite, you are correct. i should have read the rules.

sorry everyone.
    All good man. All good. I thought you had some inside info we were all going to score on!

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

All good man. All good. I thought you had some inside info we were all going to score on!
    lol, dont i wish! side note, there is definitely money to be made on kountermove. i've been playing for the last 5-6 events and already banked some nice coin. you guys should check it out especially if you're in to other types of fantasy games.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Vick served up some karma to Cruickshank for showboating over a KOed opponent. Daaaaamn

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass

Next week's fight looks ridiculous between Lawrence & Marcelo.

I'm starting to really like this new format.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

dominick cruz:

"duh,which knob is the hot water,dude?"

/i don`t think dominic gets the strategy concept of the competition......

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
    dominick cruz:

"duh,which knob is the hot water,dude?"

/i don`t think dominic gets the strategy concept of the competition......
    Well, he put Faber on the spot and then when Faber asked his team who wants to fight Lawrence, they all pussied out, so I'd say Cruz holds a pretty damn brilliant psychological advantage over Team Faber.

Picking Marcelo could be a really, really good move or a really, really bad one. Maybe Lawrence knows something about Marcelo from training with Anderson Silva and mentioned it to Cruz earlier this week... or maybe Dom is just trying to assert himself as the alpha dog who ain't scared of anyone on Faber's squad. We'll see...

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

I really like the move by Cruz. Hard for someone from Faber's team to step up against a #1 pick and Faber didn't really have a guy that matched up well stylistically. I think Marcelo might be one of the toughest fights for Lawrence though.

rocky mattioli

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladarus View Post
    I really like the move by Cruz. Hard for someone from Faber's team to step up against a #1 pick and Faber didn't really have a guy that matched up well stylistically. I think Marcelo might be one of the toughest fights for Lawrence though.
    the idea is to put a guy from your own camp in a winning match-up so you can continue picking what you deem favorable match-ups throughout(and therefore getting more guys to move forward in the competition)...i mean,that`s the point of getting to pick,isn`t it?...

i agree that marcelo is probably as bad a match-up as cruz could have asked for....cruz and faber might be excellent fighters,but as tacticians,they`re about a dozen bottles short of a six pack(cruz in particular).....
    Last edited by rocky mattioli; 03-17-12 at 08:12 AM.

Oblivian
    Oblivian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 721

I think Cruz was just capitalizing on the situation. Put yourself in Urijah's shoes. One of his top picks just lost. Cruz just put the #1 pick out there who he believes won't lose to anyone. Putting Urijah and his team in the position to pick someone against Lawrence was not something that settled well with Urijah and the team. From here on, I expect Cruz to actually pick the matchups. I think he was really trying to **** with them early.

rocky mattioli

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivian View Post
    I think Cruz was just capitalizing on the situation. Put yourself in Urijah's shoes. One of his top picks just lost. Cruz just put the #1 pick out there who he believes won't lose to anyone. Putting Urijah and his team in the position to pick someone against Lawrence was not something that settled well with Urijah and the team. From here on, I expect Cruz to actually pick the matchups. I think he was really trying to **** with them early.
    personally,i don`t think he understood what he was supposed to do......if anyone saw dana`s face,he was dumbfounded.....what cruz ended up doing was putting(what he considered his top dog) in with a jits guy who probably has a real chance of catching him in something......

"put your alpha male out there"....????...really?........lol
    Last edited by rocky mattioli; 03-17-12 at 08:24 AM.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass

Cruz thinks his trump card is better than anyone on Faber's team. He thinks Lawrence will beat any other guy regardless of where the fight goes including grappling versus Marcelo. Cocky? Yes. Stupid? Maybe. Brilliant? Perhaps. We'll see next Friday...

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
    personally,i don`t think he understood what he was supposed to do......if anyone saw dana`s face,he was dumbfounded.....what cruz ended up doing was putting(what he considered his top dog) in with a jits guy who probably has a real chance of catching him in something......

"put your alpha male out there"....????...really?........lol
    ha thts what I thought, looked like he actually thought tht Faber was supposed to pick the opponent! He was smart enough to annoy Faber by picking Tickle which showed some initiative but then suddenly wasnt smart enough to pick a favourable matchup for his number one pick?! Seems strange to me

Kaladarus

It could also be Cruz having confidence in Lawrence and Lawrence asking him to get Faber to pick. It may have been his fighters choice to do something like that and as a coach allowing your fighter to have his way like that could make him fight better. Either way Lawrence is going to have to fight the top guys so maybe he didn't mind being put up against Marcelo.

We're not really sure why Cruz did the move and it may look like a dumb move, but the move has a potential to pay off big in the end. Also eliminating Faber's #3 and #2 picks could really mess with Faber's team. If Lawrence wins I don't think this could have gone any better for Cruz. He will have his top guy advance, keep control, eliminate 2 of Faber's best guys and be able to annoy Faber whenever he wants because his fighters were all too scared to fight Lawrence when they were asked to fight him.

Hannibal
    Hannibal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15695

If you just keep picking your best guys against their worse guys, the end result will be bothh teams have their top guys move to the next round. At the next round, they have no control of picks.
    I'd say cruz is quite the strategist by eliminating the threats on faber's team, and also fcking with their heads.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Marcello +155 on Bookmaker

Vitooch
    Dayman

I think I will be taking that

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Kampmann vs Ellenberger

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I don't think Marcello can take him down, and even if he does, he won't keep him there. Lawrence has better striking and better wrestling. Marcello still looks rigid in the stand up and he doesn't tuck his chin very well either.

Kaladarus

I agree with omalley here. I think Lawrence is just too quick and has a significant striking advantage. Small play for me because it's TUF and you never know, but I got to take the -200.

Vitooch
    Dayman

Who's to say that Marcello wont havw his way with him if he is able to take Lawrence down? Has Lawrence faced anyone experienced and as skilled on the ground as Marcello?

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Hannibal
    Hannibal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15695

lawrence finally up on pinny
    big play for me
    i'll take the young stud validated by both cruz and anderson silva over an old man that never made it

First 12345 ... Last