Ladle
    Ladle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Getting tired of Schaub being fed shopworn fighters.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Ladle View Post
    Schaub thinks he's the UFC version of WWE's Randy Orton calling himself the "Legend Killer"! Guess it's smart if it means he keeps gettin fights that are good for him stylistically. Should of been Cro-Cop vs Nog and Schaub vs Browne/Struve, Mitrione/Morecraft or Mir/Nelson. At this rate he'll probly get Mark Coleman or sumin after Nog!

Ladle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Schaub thinks he's the UFC version of WWE's Randy Orton calling himself the "Legend Killer"! Guess it's smart if it means he keeps gettin fights that are good for him stylistically. Should of been Cro-Cop vs Nog and Schaub vs Browne/Struve, Mitrione/Morecraft or Mir/Nelson. At this rate he'll probly get Mark Coleman or sumin after Nog!
    I was actually thinking of the words "legend killer" before you posted that. Good to know I'm not the only ex-pro wrestling sad-o around here.

And yeah, I agree that it should have been Mirko/Nog and Schaub against Browne or Struve. Pah!

LayingThe$Down
    LayingThe$Down's Avatar Become A Pro!

Schaub just turned 28, has a strong athletic background, and has demonstrated KO power. Obviously, Zuffa thinks he may develop into a contender (or at least a consistent top fighter) because you guys are right: he is being carefully matched with fading names in order to build him up further.

The only other person that gets more careful treatment and specific opponents tailored to him is Bisping.

Don't bet props too often, but I will be betting my house on Schaub by KO, though. Nog has no chance here imo. His once-granite chin is greatly diminished, he has had surgeries on his back, both elbows, both hips, and to make matters worse.......he has trained through most of these injuries for years.

I can't believe he is still fighting. Nog is one of my favorite fighters, but he should have retired a few years ago. He has taken too much damage to his brain, and I expect he will suffer for that in his later years. Much like Goodridge is today.

Damn shame.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/mma/uf...ng-dangerously

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

BJ Penn has said he wants in on this card and has challenged Jake Shields...."To the death...he's not gonna stop"!!!

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by Ladle View Post
    Hopefully it means a good line on the other fighter when he actually fights someone.

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

BJ Penn has said he wants in on this card and has challenged Jake Shields...."To the death...he's not gonna stop"!!!
    lol did he really?

Everyone is calling out Shields.

Shaub should be able to stop Big Nog and we will probably get a good line on it too.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by bogbat View Post
    lol did he really?

Everyone is calling out Shields.

Shaub should be able to stop Big Nog and we will probably get a good line on it too.
    @jakeshieldsajj I would never challenge one of Cesar Gracie's guys, but you've been calling me out for years.Let's do it! I'll contact Dana

@bjpenndotcom even better, let's make it the first 5 round non-title fight
    about 11 hours ago via TweetDeck

Jordan23
    Jordan23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

I feel sorry for Big Nog

The HOFF

After sitting out a year and a half due to stomach ailments that previously were misdiagnosed, Mike Swick makes his return in August against Brazilian newcomer Erick Silva at UFC 134 in Brazil.

MMAjunkie.com today confirmed verbal agreements are in place for the welterweight bout, which Sherdog.com first reported.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Dan Miller has replaced injured Alexandre "Cacareco" Ferreira and now meets fellow middleweight Rousimar Palhares at UFC 134 in Brazil.

Ladle

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    Dan Miller has replaced injured Alexandre "Cacareco" Ferreira and now meets fellow middleweight Rousimar Palhares at UFC 134 in Brazil.
    Boo! Not as interesting as Cacareco/Palhares. Cacareco is such a flake.

Anyway, I think Dan Miller is getting finished for the first time. Could look a bit like the Linhares fight.

The HOFF

A featherweight bout between Raphael Assuncao and Johnny Eduardo has been added to next month's UFC 134 fight card.

UFC officials announced the fight overnight.

poopoo333
    poopoo333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4163

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    How do you guys see this playing out?

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    As tough as Miller is... I still think Palhares eventually grabs a hold of a limb and pulls away w/ the sub.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    Utter domination from Paul Harris
    Last edited by Vaughany; 07-19-11 at 04:33 PM.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Utter dominated from Paul Harris
    No doubt. Someone shoulda called the cops the way he destroyed his wife Lynn.

poopoo333
    poopoo333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4163

Line predictions?

The HOFF

An undisclosed injury has forced UFC welterweight Mike Swick out of a planned contest with Erick Silva at UFC 134.

UFC officials announced the withdrawal late Thursday night and promising that a replacement opponent would be announced in the near future.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Wow Swick obviously has some serious ongoing issues, wouldnt be surprised if he retires soon, him and Huerta are planning on starting a gym in Thailand so wouldnt be surprised if he quits to concentrate on that.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Paulo Thiago will probably step up.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Paulo Thiago will probably step up.
    Nah, will be Luis Ramos, Nova Uniao fighter

SHALOMbagelBOMB
    SHALOMbagelBOMB's Avatar Become A Pro!

canderson silva has a history of losing to asian cans...this fight will be no different...okami 50-45

The HOFF

A few more odds out. Paul Harris at -350 is ridonk. Was hoping for around -225. Do like some Stanislav Nedkov at those odds.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post

A few more odds out. Paul Harris at -350 is ridonk. Was hoping for around -225. Do like some Stanislav Nedkov at those odds.

that split vs randleman a few years back is a concern...he`s only 5`11"...

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post

Yeah annoyed I missed the Paul Harris opener at -235. Got him in a couple parlays at -300 and -350.

I also like Nedkov, I think Cane doesn't deal well with pressure, Nedkov is certainly a guy who should in theory be in Cane's face. Also, look at Cane's previous opponents, all of them are either stand-up based or prefer to stand and strike rather then take the fight to the ground - Irvin, Lambert, Cantwell, Lil Nog, & Diabate. His last opponent Marshall didn't have the wrestling to have a realistic chance of getting the fight to the grounds, was just a horrible match-up stylistically for him. Nedkov is Cane's first opponent who I think can and will take Cane down, and will be interesting to see how Cane responds to this. Nedkov looks like a more well-rounded version of Karlos Vemola. Of course there is a chance that he gasses out and gets finished late on by Cane - it's been over 14 months since Nedkov's last fight. Cane could also catch him with a counter early on, but Nedkov has a solid chin.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

nedkov/wiuff...nedkov is a strange bird....reminds me of vemola redux....not overly impressed......

http://www.mmaconvert.com/cards-arch...-odds-results/

edit:...vaughany....i read the vemola comment after posting........
    Last edited by rocky mattioli; 08-21-11 at 09:48 AM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Fight week blog week..!..

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

thinking of making a play on Griffin. I think his size will give Rua trouble, and as he showed in his last fight vs Franklin he'll take Rua down and stay on top if given the chance. Just wonder what the situation with the judges will be in Brazil, close rounds could easily go to hometown fighters.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Griffin is creeping in to value territory for me at +200. And the by decision at +316 is especially tempting

kmdubya
    kmdubya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1306

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    thinking of making a play on Griffin. I think his size will give Rua trouble, and as he showed in his last fight vs Franklin he'll take Rua down and stay on top if given the chance. Just wonder what the situation with the judges will be in Brazil, close rounds could easily go to hometown fighters.
    I was thinking the same thing. I think there is value in Forrest. He's a big LHW and probably won't get submitted. The risk is his chin and TKO is a real possibility.

But Sho gun is way too inconsistent for me. He looked tired against Bones, but amazing against Machida. I discount all Shogun's fight's before Machida as they were either against weakened competition, or not a reflection of the current Sho gun (whoever that may be).

Franklin is a smaller guy than Sho gun, so I think Forrest will have more trouble taking him down. But I think there is a real possibility Sho gun gasses (again) as the fight goes on.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1938

I think Silva's home advantage could help him here.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by kmdubya View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. I think there is value in Forrest. He's a big LHW and probably won't get submitted. The risk is his chin and TKO is a real possibility.

But Sho gun is way too inconsistent for me. He looked tired against Bones, but amazing against Machida. I discount all Shogun's fight's before Machida as they were either against weakened competition, or not a reflection of the current Sho gun (whoever that may be).

Franklin is a smaller guy than Sho gun, so I think Forrest will have more trouble taking him down. But I think there is a real possibility Sho gun gasses (again) as the fight goes on.
    Should bare in mind as well that Machida's style is very different to Forrest's, unlike Machida, Forrest is going to be in your face constantly, always applying pressure and not giving you a chance to breathe - which is what Shogun struggles with. I think Machida's style was better for Shogun as it allowed to him to be more technical and pick his shots systematically. When you fight against Forrest you've got to be ready for a scrap. I still think Shogun TKO is most likely outcome

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Schaub starting to get a lot of action now, Nog at +205 on pinnacle

kmdubya
    kmdubya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1306

Should bare in mind as well that Machida's style is very different to Forrest's, unlike Machida, Forrest is going to be in your face constantly, always applying pressure and not giving you a chance to breathe - which is what Shogun struggles with. I think Machida's style was better for Shogun as it allowed to him to be more technical and pick his shots systematically. When you fight against Forrest you've got to be ready for a scrap. I still think Shogun TKO is most likely outcome
    Very true. In the second fight, Shogun was allowed to apply the pressure and dictate the fight. I'm Forrest's gameplan will not be to strike and try and grapple. I'd bet for rounds 1 and 2, Forrest takes Shogun to the cage and mat to try and tire him out. I think this fight will be depend all on Shogun take down defence.

If Forrest gets stuffed a few times, I'd think Shogun knocks him out. If Forrest can take him down and be on top, it will tire out Shogun and he'll grind a decision out.

First 12345 ... Last