sharlataans
    sharlataans's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2614

UFC 134 - My 5x bet

Luiz Cane + Brendan Schaub = +110 (5x)

Cane has some striking Nedkov has never seen. Nedkov is totally overmatched here and odds are really good.

Saw a bit of Noguera he has slowed down bigtime. He is going to get outstruck.

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Ya I'm on Cane too, surprised to see people on here liking Nedkov, especially after Vemola just got destroyed.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

nedkov is not totally outmached here at all. he has been out lately, but he has a very heavy punch and he is very aggressive and good wrestling skills. I think canes got the advantage standing, as nedkov is very wild and leave opening to counters. At the same time, when nedkov goes wild and crazy, most people back of because of the pressure and pace he sets. If cane can get nedkow tired, and stand on the outside he can pick nedkow apart, but he most also be vary of nedkovs takedowns, which can lead to cane being hesitant. And cane do not have the greatest mentality in the ufc. He easily breaks, and gives up when people put pressure on him. Nedkov is that guy. But being out for 15 months..i dont know..i just would not put money on this matchup since cane weaknesses plays right into nedkovs strength. the value is on nedkov. 5dimes have nedkov decision at 6.50 or +550. which is pretty sweet.

Squareguy
    Squareguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 674

I'm staying away from the Cane fight. It's a fight that he should win, but then you just don't bet against guys named "Stanislav Nedkov"
    Last edited by Squareguy; 08-25-11 at 03:59 PM.

sharlataans

Quote Originally Posted by Squareguy View Post
    I'm staying away from the Cane fight. It's a fight that he should win, but then you just don't bet against guys named "Stanislav Nedkov"
    Why? Because of his record? Have you seen him fight, do you see his level of technique?

Cane is much better everywhere. Striking, he demolishes Nedkov. On the ground I see he will have no problems, he may even submit Nedkov from his back. Only thing is takedowns, but Nedkov will have to earn them the hard way.

bjpenn85

have cane beaten a solid fighter ever? everytime he faces a guy with skills he loses. where do you get your confidence from?

sharlataans

IMO Nedkov is not the guy with skills of that level. Cane trained at ATT with Thiago Silva, Wilson Gouveia and the likes (I see he moved to different team recently). But who does Nedkov train with?

I understand your point, let's wait and see.

jacktheknife
    jacktheknife's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17028

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    have cane beaten a solid fighter ever? everytime he faces a guy with skills he loses. where do you get your confidence from?
    I get my confidence from the fact that he would have been UD'd by Travis Wiuff if Nedkov didn't hit him in the testicles four times.

bjpenn85

its a good matchup from silva, a weak chinned striker against a wrestler maniac with wild punches not afraid of taking risks. I look forward to the fight. But i dont think either guy is bet worthy. best of luck to you

kmdubya
    kmdubya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1306

Quote Originally Posted by jacktheknife View Post
    I get my confidence from the fact that he would have been UD'd by Travis Wiuff if Nedkov didn't hit him in the testicles four times.
    Now was that two shots to each ball, or all four on the same one?

If I'm laying down some cheddar on this fight, I need to make an educated bet here.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

This should cash easily. Got this in a parlay also.

kmdubya

Just saw the weigh in. Cane has a big size advantage. I'm feeling much better about playing this one now.

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    While I think nedkov can certainly upset as he is by far the best pure wrestler cane has faced, I'm still tempted to play cain .... have you seen nedkov fight? He was in a war with wiuff and losing on my scorecards before getting the soppage. He looked quite unimpressive against randleman and struggle in that one too. Travis is game and kevin is meh now, but to struggle against those guys leaves me scared.

Cantwell, soko, marshall are all more legit than anyone nedkov has faced imo.

Lots of unkowns in this fight, I think I will stay away or parlay cane.

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jacktheknife View Post
    yea that was horrendous, forgot about that....

jacktheknife
    jacktheknife's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17028

Quote Originally Posted by MMAbetMASTA View Post
    yea that was horrendous, forgot about that....
    Hard for me to forget, ah tell you hwat.

sharlataans

Holy shit what a lousy bet.

Cane simply panics when gets hit now. He was not like that before Noguera fight. He had huge reach advantage and could have dismantled Nedkov systematically. And then clip, panic mode.

I am glad for Minotauro. Good display of heart and determination.

kmdubya

Quote Originally Posted by sharlataans View Post
    Holy shit what a lousy bet.

Cane simply panics when gets hit now. He was not like that before Noguera fight. He had huge reach advantage and could have dismantled Nedkov systematically. And then clip, panic mode.

I am glad for Minotauro. Good display of heart and determination.
    I went big on Cane too. Nedkov kept throwing that overhand right, and Cane kept his left hand low the whole time. Even after getting tagged a few times. Good upset, but I started to see it coming after the first couple of unblocked shots from Nedkov.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

Quote Originally Posted by kmdubya View Post
    I went big on Cane too. Nedkov kept throwing that overhand right, and Cane kept his left hand low the whole time. Even after getting tagged a few times. Good upset, but I started to see it coming after the first couple of unblocked shots from Nedkov.

you guys should have gotten cane home.....nedkov cashed another lottery ticket here...he was totally overmatched...didn`t have a prayer of taking cane down..... but,with the little gloves,anything can happen....

i`m sure that cane is kicking himself in the ass....