shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post
    Shari my apologies I was just trying to stir up the drama.
    It's all good. Just not appropriate for the tennis forum, or any forum actually with the c stuck in there.

JJ - no more of your silliness. This is a thread for French Open futures. Not to discuss bloody Federer unless you've bought a damn future on him to win. Because I sure haven't so I could care less what in the hell he does to be honest.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Shari I do not care if you got him at +995

He is not going to win

Not today HUN

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

I like this bird, Shari.

jjgold

Nadal wins easy if healthy

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Shari I do not care if you got him at +995 He is not going to win Not today HUN
    I got him at +25000!!! He is now at +5000. WTF do you not understand????

I didn't say he was going to win. I said I was hoping to green out on him you senile poptart.

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I just talked to sir corbin and he has told me that you are out of control and need to get your act together.

shari91

Nadal wins easy if healthy

No shit Sherlock. And you call me a bloody square

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

He does defend semis, so will be motivated to go pretty far. Can at least cash in for nice profit if he goes deep.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by HeeeHAWWWW View Post
    He does defend semis, so will be motivated to go pretty far. Can at least cash in for nice profit if he goes deep.
    Thank you

Do you bet futures at all?

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

What are Azarenka's best futures odds for the FO? That might bea good play if you can get 20-1 or better me thinks..

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida
    StraitShooter's Avatar Become A Pro!

the best thing about this thread is the return of the actual poster shari..I was not posting during her quick rise but would read some nice tennis threads you guys got going

since the promotion to mod she has been preoccupied with other stuff and quit posting amongst us like she used to

good to see some tennis chatter although it involves throwing away 50 bucks on jurgen

the chap who mentioned almagro sounds a little better as he seems to have found his clay court game which is his strong suit

Im gonna pass on any futures myself now as I need daily action and cant afford to have money idle for 3 weeks on a prayer

Melzer would have to get down to the semis to even think about a hedge opportunity which aint gonna happen

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by StraitShooter View Post
    Melzer would have to get down to the semis to even think about a hedge opportunity which aint gonna happen
    Not true. If you pick the spot where he loses as a higher priced favorite - you make money. Of course if he gets deep and winds up being a dog say in the QFs, then you just let it ride and it's only $20.

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Not true. If you pick the spot where he loses as a higher priced favorite - you make money. Of course if he gets deep and winds up being a dog say in the QFs, then you just let it ride and it's only $20.
    hmmm..ok..coming from you..I believe it

shari91

the best thing about this thread is the return of the actual poster shari..I was not posting during her quick rise but would read some nice tennis threads you guys got going since the promotion to mod she has been preoccupied with other stuff and quit posting amongst us like she used to good to see some tennis chatter although it involves throwing away 50 bucks on jurgen the chap who mentioned almagro sounds a little better as he seems to have found his clay court game which is his strong suit Im gonna pass on any futures myself now as I need daily action and cant afford to have money idle for 3 weeks on a prayer Melzer would have to get down to the semis to even think about a hedge opportunity which aint gonna happen
    Strait, I've always been here.

I don't expect Melzer to win - I expect him to come up as a favourite against someone that he'll lose to at some point. It's then that I green out. Hopefully!

Yes EP, exactly. And while my bet is now $50 as I managed to get another $30 on it before the price dropped, I'm willing to let it sit for a bit. It's 1/4 of what I normally put on a tennis match. When he comes up against someone that I (we hopefully because I'll need all of the help I can get) think he can lose to as a favourite, I'll have him at $251 instead of at $1.70 or less. That was my point in all of this.

The fact that it beat all of the other books out there and this specific book has now dropped it to $51 is the exact reason I took the bet.

jjgold

Meltzer will not get to qtrs
    So many good Euro clay guys

In majors very rare to see sleepers

Shari bet off history of tourney not off a few tv matches.

shari91

Meltzer will not get to qtrs So many good Euro clay guys In majors very rare to see sleepers Shari bet off history of tourney not off a few tv matches.
    Yeah ok - history of tourneys: He was in THE SEMIS LAST YEAR AT THE FRENCH OPEN AFTER BEATING DJOKOVIC AND LOST TO NADAL 6-2, 6-3, 7-6

Do you even understand what I'm talking about here with this bet because I don't think you do. I DO NOT THINK HE WILL WIN THE BLOODY TOURNAMENT. I WANT TO GET HIM AT $251 against someone when I think he'll lose. And that's what I have with this futures bet.

Honestly, please just post a futures bet or gtfo. You're bumping the post count in here but I like to actually talk tennis with people. Thanks.
    Last edited by shari91; 04-17-11 at 12:52 AM.

jjgold

Shari your showing signs of being unstable.

Bad bet unless you know his draw

So you have the draws already?

shari91

Shari your showing signs of being unstable. Bad bet unless you know his draw So you have the draws already?
    His draw doesn't mean shit to me.

If he comes up against someone he has a chance of losing to in the first round, I can lay the chalk and make a profit of even $100. Even if I had to lay $300 to win $100 (and there's no way that will happen) I'm still carrying through a ticket of $251 x$50 if the chalk laying loses.

If he comes up against a total waste case in the first round, I have him at $251 when he'll probably be $1.20 or less. I can put $100 on the dog and hope to earn more than triple my investment.

Do you understand that the price dropped $200 in an hour???? There's a reason that it did. I have this guy at $251 in every match he plays. He is now $51. Seriously dude, come on.

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Shari your showing signs of being unstable.

Bad bet unless you know his draw

So you have the draws already?

jjgold

Dude?

That word used by hippies and druggies

Ok grind out a small profit of $25 or so because he ain't winning

reformed
    reformed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 846

This could really work if melzer does well during the clay season and reaches the quarters of the french. only problem is if he plays nadal in the quarters. nadal would be around -2000. how much would you put on nadal(to win) in that case?

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by reformed View Post
    This could really work if melzer does well during the clay season and reaches the quarters of the french. only problem is if he plays nadal in the quarters. nadal would be around -2000. how much would you put on nadal(to win) in that case?
    To be honest, I'm hoping either his draw doesn't have Nadal in it or if it does he loses before then. But I think even if they met up in the 1/4s, it's not going to be -2000 on Nadal because if Melzer makes it that far, the linesmakers will have to respect his clay court form even against Nadal. If it is though, then I'll just let the bet go and take the loss. I can't lay that chalk.

Really it was just a fun bet that beat the move by $200. I was more interested in hearing other people's future bets and thought I'd kick it off by posting my own.

If it turns into another Mannarino and I make quite a bit off of it, I'll be happy. If not, it's still only a small amount and at least I have a guy to root for.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Azarenka?

Robredo(if he is healthy) at 385-1,depending on the draw..He seems to be having a mini-renaissance late on here..

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida

Quote Originally Posted by reformed View Post
    well put

anyways..in a miracle world it would be cool if you hit shari

there would be sooo much money on the final it would not even be entertaining..every point would be stress city for me with that much at stake

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    Azarenka? Robredo(if he is healthy) at 385-1,depending on the draw..He seems to be having a mini-renaissance late on here..
    I'm going to look at the women and the rest of the men tomorrow. It's only because of you that I realised my 251 was massive value so if/when I green, I'll take care of you. I'll take a look at the rest when I wake up

well put anyways..in a miracle world it would be cool if you hit shari there would be sooo much money on the final it would not even be entertaining..every point would be stress city for me with that much at stake
    My bet will be long gone way before he gets anywhere near the final. If by some miracle he makes it, I'll obviously cheer him on but I'm either going to be greening out or losing in matches before then. I didn't make this bet thinking he'll win the whole thing - I made it to beat the market and in the hopes of hedging out for profit. No hope in hell I'd last that long with that price and not hedge.

jjgold

Miracles ain't happening when the greatest clay courter ever is in tourney

Women you have a shot at catching maybe a 15-1 type

For the most part majors go to form even in woman's side

This ain't horseracing or golf where anyone can win.

Best of luck at your longshot dreams.

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida

Miracles ain't happening when the greatest clay courter ever is in tourney

Women you have a shot at catching maybe a 15-1 type

For the most part majors go to form even in woman's side

dont forget who won this last year on the female side horse shoe head..A girl who used to have a set of balls and a bat bigger than yours..Schiavone was a huge dog last year

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

JJ, I got a $1 for you if you actually read one of Shari's posts.

She's not taking the bet because Melzer is going to win. She's taking it to make money by hedging out on the price at some point in the tournament. This is a VERY common practice for tennis tournaments by tennis bettors.

shari91

JJ, I got a $1 for you if you actually read one of Shari's posts. She's not taking the bet because Melzer is going to win. She's taking it to make money by hedging out on the price at some point in the tournament. This is a VERY common practice for tennis tournaments by tennis bettors.
    I'll put in $100 on top of your $1.

I swear to whatever it's like talking to Rainman but without the cuteness factor in this thread.

Do you think I could possibly say one more time that I DON'T THINK MELZER WILL WIN THE FRENCH OPEN???

jjgold

Shari why do you post 24 hrs per day and I post 16??

Hedging what?? It's chump change most of the time.

What happens if he loses in 3rd round?

I want to know your profit in every scenario from round one to the final if he wins

jjgold

FYI.......

Meltzer go fukkin drilled today

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Thank you

Do you bet futures at all?

Occasionally inplay at betfair. I had Berdych at Wimbledon, for example - after seeing Fed getting beat up by Falla in R1. Sold it before the final.

jjgold

Murray played match of his life today on Clay and still could not beat nadal

BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

I know that there is alot of value on him at the odds you got... BUT... when it comes to hedging late in the tourney... don't you think Nadal, Djoker or even Fed again, will be at least 10-1 favs? Don't see how its very profitable as you will have to risk a whole just to hedge it off.....

shari91

JJ, the guy is coming back from injury and ran into probably the 2nd best clay courter on the Tour. No one expected him to win that match. Thanks for the update though!

Quote Originally Posted by BrianLaverty View Post
    I know that there is alot of value on him at the odds you got... BUT... when it comes to hedging late in the tourney... don't you think Nadal, Djoker or even Fed again, will be at least 10-1 favs? Don't see how its very profitable as you will have to risk a whole just to hedge it off.....
    He's not going to run up against either of them until later in the tourney and I'm hoping he doesn't even make it that far. All I need from him is to continue to get some decent results for the next month, starting with Barcelona this week, so he'll be the favourite in the first few rounds. His name, ranking and form this week are good enough to get the oddsmakers back on his side - which is why the price dropped $200 here so quickly. And he'll be seeded in the top 32, barring any disaster on his part, which means he won't even come up against another seeded player until the 3rd round unless he's knocked out before then (which I hope he is). So once the draw comes out, I'll just need to figure out my spot where I think he'll be gone.

Beefy - I haven't even looked at the women's side yet but I'm going to have a look tonight when all is quiet in my house and see if I can get any decent prices there.
    Last edited by shari91; 04-17-11 at 12:51 AM.

First 123 Last