MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pounding Lisicki for a dime ....Bartoli not enough variety in her game to win today

Bartoli had an excellent run pounding her opponents in straights during this year's tournament but that run will end tomorrow. The quality of Bartoli's opponents are nowhere near the beastly form that Lisicki is currently in right now. About the only thing Bartoli has that is equal to Lisicki is power......and that's it. Lisicki is superior in service game, movement, and variety in ground strokes. Bartoli also has absolutely no net game and she will have to depend entirely on just pounding the crap out of the ball and that style will not hold up in a grand slam final. With all the tensions of a final , a style like Bartoli's will not be successful against this type of opponent. Bartoli's style is very conducive to errors. She'll be an errors machine spraying 5 errors for every winner she hits. Don't get fooled by Bartoli's service motion either. It looks powerful but the effect is mediocre and inconsistent.

I feel confident in this one fellas , so I'll be putting $1200 in bets on Lisicki. I see late money coming in on Bartoli curently. Lisicki did get up to -230 early but I guess some Bartoli backers believes the frenchie has a chance. I think the -200 is perfect timing to jump in. I'll also be backing Lisicki on the games line as well but the majority will be on the money line.

Best of luck and enjoy the final.

Ticket # Accepted Type Risk To Win Short Description
    7/5/2013 9:53PM Spread 460.00 400.00 Tennis - 47615 S. Lisicki (Games) -3 -115 for Game
    7/5/2013 10:59PM Money Line 800.00 400.00 Tennis - 4761 S. Lisicki -200 for Game

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Ballsy move MDF. I am not going that high on this one but thanks for the analysis. Pretty much confirms my line of thinking.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
    Ballsy move MDF. I am not going that high on this one but thanks for the analysis. Pretty much confirms my line of thinking.
    I just finished watching replays of all Bartoli matches this tournament and her current form is impressive for opponents of that lower tiered caliber. The only opponent of decent quality some may say is Flipkens but her game is a joke to me. Lisicki's road may have been tough with three setters but the competition was world class.

Bartoli's winning points today will be long , hard, and tedious while Lisicki will conserve energy with many cheap and fast points off the serve. Very slim chance Bartoli can keep this up throughout a course of a complete match with Lisicki.

Good luck on your plays today Frugal.

theballsflop
    Fish
    theballsflop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Yep, I'm going hard for Lisicki as well. 5 units on the ML. BOL!!!

Nyjrkm06
    Mets
    Nyjrkm06's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Been On LISICKI since I took her live in the 3rd set against Serena +600! Hope she doesn't let me down but I think she takes this!

steviec27
    steviec27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15113

​I lumped on Lisicki before the semis hoping it would be a Lisicki v Bartoli final, as I think she matches up better against Bartoli than she would have against Flipper.

My only worry is that Bartoli is so annoying to watch. The way she's bouncing around swinging her racquet between points is offputting as a viewer let alone her opponent!
    Just hope it doesn't get to Lisicki.

In all honesty when it went deep in the 3rd set against Radwanska I didn't give Lisicki much of a chance as she is mentally very weak, highlighted by her crying on court etc. But pulling it out the bag will have done her the world of good, because if there is one thing you can be sure of with Bartoli is even if she was 0-6 0-5 (*0-40) down she would still believe she could win.

Lisicki isn't here by chance either , her last four Wimbledons have been QF, SF, QF, F. Grass is her surface, so as long as she can pick up some cheap points on serve she should come out on top.

Bartolis game is very erratic and the second set against Sloane Stephens told me all I needed to know about her. Trading breaks, losing 4 service games in a row.
    It just won't be that sort of match today. Bartoli has the most service breaks in the tournament (30 in 6 games) but don't expect many break opportunities against that big serve.
    On the flip side she has the most double faults by a long way which will keep coming when she can't make progress in return games. Needless to say I'm happy having Lisicki at 2.38 (+137.5) for the match today. Good luck to all who are on!

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by steviec27 View Post
    ​I lumped on Lisicki before the semis hoping it would be a Lisicki v Bartoli final, as I think she matches up better against Bartoli than she would have against Flipper.

My only worry is that Bartoli is so annoying to watch. The way she's bouncing around swinging her racquet between points is offputting as a viewer let alone her opponent!
    Just hope it doesn't get to Lisicki.

In all honesty when it went deep in the 3rd set against Radwanska I didn't give Lisicki much of a chance as she is mentally very weak, highlighted by her crying on court etc. But pulling it out the bag will have done her the world of good, because if there is one thing you can be sure of with Bartoli is even if she was 0-6 0-5 (*0-40) down she would still believe she could win.

Lisicki isn't here by chance either , her last four Wimbledons have been QF, SF, QF, F. Grass is her surface, so as long as she can pick up some cheap points on serve she should come out on top.

Bartolis game is very erratic and the second set against Sloane Stephens told me all I needed to know about her. Trading breaks, losing 4 service games in a row.
    It just won't be that sort of match today. Bartoli has the most service breaks in the tournament (30 in 6 games) but don't expect many break opportunities against that big serve.
    On the flip side she has the most double faults by a long way which will keep coming when she can't make progress in return games. Needless to say I'm happy having Lisicki at 2.38 (+137.5) for the match today. Good luck to all who are on!
    I agree with you on that Bartoli/Stephens match. It wasnt impressive if you watched the entire match as it showed on paper. Stephens was also ice cold in the match returning from that rain delay. She was all out of whack. Her shots had no pace. The last set of that match was Stephens circa 2010. Bartoli has a good return game but because of her two handed limited movement, she will struggle with Lisicki's wide slice serve on the deuce side. Lisicki will have that serve all day long.

BOL

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Like over 7.5 aces today.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    Like over 7.5 aces today.
    Yep, thats a nice prop. Watch Lisicki on the deuce side serving today. Bartoli's gonna get killed on that side.

frugalgambler

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDiceFlow View Post
    Yep, thats a nice prop. Watch Lisicki on the deuce side serving today. Bartoli's gonna get killed on that side.
    Hey, 5dimes have a prop on who makes the challenge first at even -120 ! Anybody knows if one of these chicks does not challenge ?

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Hey, 5dimes have a prop on who makes the challenge first at even -120 ! Anybody knows if one of these chicks does not challenge ?
    Lisicki may challenge more throughout the match due to her serve but I don't know if she'll challenge FIRST. That one looks like a true coinflip.

frugalgambler

OK> Here is the stat:
    11 Marion Bartoli 7 3 42.86%

28 Sabine Lisicki 7 0 0%

So no edge here I presume.

Hectorcist
    Hectorcist's Avatar Become A Pro!

MDF, what do you think about the Over 22 total games played?

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Hope you get buried.

Hectorcist
    Hectorcist's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post
    Hope you get buried.
    Are you his bookie?

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by Hectorcist View Post
    MDF, what do you think about the Over 22 total games played?
    I looked at that closely and Bartoli does have a chance to win a set. However, there's a chance Lisicki might have one of those lights out serving days and this ends in straights. If Lisicki ends up with ten aces or more and at least a 65% first serve percentage, this match will end in two sets.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post
    Hope you get buried.

steviec27

I agree with you on that Bartoli/Stephens match. It wasnt impressive if you watched the entire match as it showed on paper. Stephens was also ice cold in the match returning from that rain delay. She was all out of whack. Her shots had no pace. The last set of that match was Stephens circa 2010. Bartoli has a good return game but because of her two handed limited movement, she will struggle with Lisicki's wide slice serve on the deuce side. Lisicki will have that serve all day long.

BOL
    Agreed. I credit the win against Sloane more to Sloane's awful play rather than Bartoli's good play. I mean, to lose serve in your first 4 games of the set broken to 15, broken to 0, broken to 0, broken to 0..... its just giftwrapping the match really.
    Lisicki wont have the same problems today unless the occasion turns her to a jibbering wreck!
    A lot depends on how dialed in she is though. In the semis she had 60 winners and 46 unforced errors (incredibly high on both), thats just how she plays with an attacking mentality. But if that stat creeps towards 20 W's and 35 UE's things could get dicey.

BOL with your play sir

lucasdawg
    pro as sometimes
    lucasdawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5519

trying to figure out whats the best bet right now, thats not h2h. was thinking lisicki first set 6-2? or 6-3? how does that sound MDF? or should i just go big on lisicki 2-0 sets

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by lucasdawg View Post
    trying to figure out whats the best bet right now, thats not h2h. was thinking lisicki first set 6-2? or 6-3? how does that sound MDF? or should i just go big on lisicki 2-0 sets
    It's hard to guess the scores of the sets. If you like Lisicki 2-0, the -3 games is a better bet because she can still cover that should it happen to go 3 sets.

Good luck

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Figured this is good value by 2-3 aces. Bartoli served really well vs Flipkens and was hitting the corners and we all know how Sabine serves, figure she is good for 5 I think.All depends on Marion, this match could go either way since its WTA I like the odds here on this

oldscho0led
    home dogs
    oldscho0led's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5503

Lisicki seems to be destined to win it all. Defeated a hell of a competition compared to Bartoli. -3.5 +107 is good value imo.

Will not be surprised if Bartoli doesn't win a set.

secret007
    secret007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 332

Important stats I want to know.
    What's the percentage of serve game that Bartoli holds / gets broken? How about Lisicki? ANyone can give the answer before the game starts?

lucasdawg
    pro as sometimes
    lucasdawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5519

It's hard to guess the scores of the sets. If you like Lisicki 2-0, the -3 games is a better bet because she can still cover that should it happen to go 3 sets.

Good luck
    thanks bookies only have -3.5 games took it anyway see how it goes

steviec27

Quote Originally Posted by secret007 View Post
    Important stats I want to know.
    What's the percentage of serve game that Bartoli holds / gets broken? How about Lisicki? ANyone can give the answer before the game starts?

Lisicki

v Schiavone: Hold - 8, Broken - 0
    v Vesnina: Hold - 7, Broken - 1
    v Stosur: Hold - 12, Broken - 1
    v Williams: Hold - 8, Broken - 5
    v Kanepi: Hold - 8, Broken - 1
    v Radwanska: Hold - 11, Broken 6

Total: Hold - 54, Broken 14 (74%)

Bartoli

v Svitolina: Hold - 10, Broken - 1
    v McHale: Hold - 8, Broken - 3
    v Giorgi: Hold - 7, Broken - 4
    v Knapp: Hold - 7, Broken - 2
    v Stephens: Hold - 7, Broken - 4
    v Fipkens: Hold - 7, Broken 1

Total: Hold - 46, Broken 15 (67%)

So basically Lisicki holds at a higher percentage, having had a much tougher draw.
    Take the Williams and Radwanska matches out and Lisicki holds at 91%!

secret007
    secret007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 332

thanks steviec appreciate it!

where did you get this info from? it's a top info.

steviec27

Quote Originally Posted by secret007 View Post
    thanks steviec appreciate it!

where did you get this info from? it's a top info.
    Wimbledon.com match statistics.
    Just compiled the data from each match.

Happy to help

Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

Quote Originally Posted by lucasdawg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oldscho0led View Post
    Lisicki seems to be destined to win it all. Defeated a hell of a competition compared to Bartoli. -3.5 +107 is good value imo.

Will not be surprised if Bartoli doesn't win a set.
    I hope ev1 didn't load up on -3.5 games. Looking tough right now MDF. Lisck down 1-4!!! I am pulling for ya MDF, for sure, but we HAVE to remember this is the WTA we are talking about! I hear all this, destined for this and she beat her...... It's the WT freaking A, Bartoli can easily win this match, as she is up 3 games already. She could choke, but we are in for double faults, 20 shot rallies, and errors from either player, at anytime.

Still hoping for a good match, Lisck needs to get it going before this first set is gone!

Dmoneytx

Right on cue, Lisk up 40-15, two huge errors on sitting balls. WTA will give you ulcers. And now a HORRIBLE LAZZZZZY backhand into the MIDDLE/BOTTOM of the net for Lisck. Ewww! Not good for Lisck backers. That was NO knee bend at all, stiff as a board groundie, Wow, at this stage of the tment, don't expect to see that huh???

Just gonna be a back and forth match, no clear better player here.

And who the FUK can watch Bartoli give HUGE HUGE fistpumps after Lisck hits it in the net????!! It is EVERY point with HUGE gestures and it is annoying as fuk!!!! Like she won the final point when she wins "any" point. LMFAO!!!

LMFAO!!!! Bartoli just did a HUGE fist pump when Lisck double faulted!!! Hilarious!!!! And now Bartoli about to win the first set 6-1!!!! OUCH!!!
    WELCOME to the WTA, the worst sport to bet on in the world, IMO. Lisck looking horrid!!! Errors everywhere! Watch her win the second set 6-1, LMFAO!!!

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Nerves killing Lisicki this first set. Couldnt get a first serve to save her life. Hope she turns it around here next set.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

i cant believe fatfukk fatolli is going to win wimbledon, this is a disgrace.

steviec27

Absolute disgrace.
    A break up and lose 6-1.
    Horrible. She can barely get it over the net!

Dmoneytx

NEVER a good sign when your box is just telling you to.............. "calm down". IT's ok. Bartoli as the Wimbledon Champion, for the love of God I might never even watch another 30 seconds of women's tennis in my life. It is just down right awful. It's boring. Every underdog wins practically bec of NO serves and terrible consistency from ALL the women players.

Gotta head out, I would rather go weed my flower bed than watch anymore of this pathetic tennis. I play tennis, I can't watch this and regress my game. BOL, hope she wakes the fuk up for ya'll...

PS. I sware to God I just saw Lisck crying as she came back from the bathroom break after the first set. THIS Is why you can't bet the women, WAYYYYY to emotional. Crying????? Omg, it's a freaking tennis match, go fing play it! GL ev1!

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lisicki looks like she had a cry..

daddypoker23
    daddypoker23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1140

This the finals in a grand slam.. Bartili, is pump up and showing a lot of positive emotions.. you guys complaining about her giving out fist pumps obviously are upset with there bets

1234 ... Last