the sink
    the sink's Avatar Become A Pro!

U could absolutely se the difference in the nba yesterday, as there was no big money at all on the games before they started, 2H was the same as before

KGambler
    KGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Quote Originally Posted by the sink View Post
    U could absolutely se the difference in the nba yesterday, as there was no big money at all on the games before they started, 2H was the same as before
    I have no problem with this statement, as I wasn't even watching the market for NBA games. I have heard this was the case from people who know what they are talking about.

I have a problem with the people who said it was "awful" or "EMPTY". I wanted to bet $3K on one NBA game last night. It took me less than 15 minutes to get down $3K. So even without having watched the markets, I know that anyone who says the markets were "EMPTY" is just another clueless bustout who doesn't know how to use MB.

ForgetWallStreet
    ForgetWallStreet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by KGambler View Post
    I wanted to bet $3K on one NBA game last night. It took me less than 15 minutes to get down $3K.
    What price did you get it?

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

This must be a joke. If Matchbook leaves USA, they won't have any clients, lol. People who use Matchbook from europe and other countries are very rare. %95 of MB clients should be US bettors without doubt..maybe more!

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    We spoke to management this morning. No truth to this rumor and no plans to leave any markets they are currently in.

The only pending change is the sale from WSEX, which has not yet happened.
    Thanks for the info Bill!

Don't worry guys..when MLB season starts, MB liquidity will skyrocket.

KGambler

SAS -8.5 +113

18:58 +111 200/222
    18:59 +111 795/882.45
    19:04 +114 1959.65/2234
    19:04 +114 0.35/0.40

commission +5.91

Total 2955/3344.76

Here's the Pinny line:
    6:52 PM-8 -103+8 -107
    7:01 PM-8 +101+8 -111
    7:05 PM-8 +100+8 -110
    7:07 PM-8 +103+8 -114

vanzack
    vanzack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 619

Maybe the rumor was that MB was withdrawing from the USA Today newspaper.

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

I am sure a few people are waiting for MB to leave so they can start new exchanges. May not be a bad thing if MB is that stupid.

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    We spoke to management this morning. No truth to this rumor and no plans to leave any markets they are currently in.

The only pending change is the sale from WSEX, which has not yet happened.
    TY Bill for looking into this. I guess this thread can be closed now that we have confirmation of a misunderstood rumor.

chance
    chance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 833

If Matchbook new the value of good communication to it's customers an internet rumour like this would not have any ramifications. They need to do something that shows they are a solid business. ANYTHING

testudo
    testudo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 45

From what I hear Match is done with US clients. I hope it is not true, but it seems pretty obvious. The only decent way to really deposit is B2B currently anyway. The check takes up to 14 days, and has a max of $500.

KGambler

Quote Originally Posted by testudo View Post
    From what I hear Match is done with US clients. I hope it is not true, but it seems pretty obvious. The only decent way to really deposit is B2B currently anyway. The check takes up to 14 days, and has a max of $500.
    Yeah, when I first saw that electronic check option a couple of months back it was $1800 max. Now it is $500? Hmm, wonder if they were hit some kind of fraud. Can people do the equivalent of a "**********" with e-cheks?

sportsfrance
    sportsfrance's Avatar Become A Pro!

Seems the guys crying are the guys who lost there large credit lines. But without the market makers not sure how they are going to attract deposits without the liquidity.

the sink

How do ppl get credit accounts?

Igetp2s
    Igetp2s's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why do people cry about how hard it is to deposit? Just do a ****. It's so easy, and you can do it without getting out of your seat.
    Last edited by shari91; 03-14-11 at 07:49 AM.

sportsfrance

Guys are not going to send 6 figure **** ***** to MB from the US. Just not going to happen.
    Last edited by shari91; 03-14-11 at 07:49 AM.

noyb
    noyb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6821

How do ppl get credit accounts?
    obviously when you have to ask, you can't

the sink

Quote Originally Posted by noyb View Post
    obviously when you have to ask, you can't
    But how do they get it, and why do they get it, do they not have any own money at all in the accounts?

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

I didn't notice. I wanted to bet $3,000 on the Spurs/Nets game. I checked in about 15 minutes before game time and got filled no problem. I am hearing that liquidity was down yesterday, so I assume it was, but people who say it was "awful" are just clueless IMO.
    Actually I'd say the clueless guy is the one who seems to think that a market available 15 minutes before tipoff constitutes liquidity. At noon Pacific, or 4 hours before the start of the earliest NBA games, there wasn't more than $500 available per side on ANY game. Usually at that time there's perhaps $3000 available at a reasonably tight market, perhaps -103 on each side. When you can't even get down a nickel 4 hours before tipoff, that's awful liquidity, period.

sportsfrance

Quote Originally Posted by skrtelfan View Post
    Actually I'd say the clueless guy is the one who seems to think that a market available 15 minutes before tipoff constitutes liquidity. At noon Pacific, or 4 hours before the start of the earliest NBA games, there wasn't more than $500 available per side on ANY game. Usually at that time there's perhaps $3000 available at a reasonably tight market, perhaps -103 on each side. When you can't even get down a nickel 4 hours before tipoff, that's awful liquidity, period.

BINGO

the sink

It can't stay like this for to long...
    yesterday was dead and today the same......
    I will give it a couple more days and se if they got a plan or not...............

sharpcircle
    sharpcircle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

this is cnn

KGambler

Quote Originally Posted by skrtelfan View Post
    Once again, you are totally and completely wrong.

First of all, I have never seen the type of liquidity you are talking about at noon Pacific for the typical NBA game. I have always said the liquidity is only good as the time of the first game approaches.

Second of all, if I were as clueless as you, I would have looked at the market and thought "Oh, there's no liqudity, I guess I can't bet here". Did you even look at what I posted? Those bets were the results of OFFERS I made.

Were you in the market? No. So why comment?

Once again, bustouts who don't know how to use MB, are not in the market, do not make offers because they are too scared shitless, etc... These squares should not talk about the liquidity of the market, because there is no way for them to know. You are not in the market, so STFU.

scott235
    scott235's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
    Thanks for the info Bill!

Don't worry guys..when MLB season starts, MB liquidity will skyrocket.
    I've also heard that MB has their best liquidity for bases- is this true?

KGambler

Quote Originally Posted by scott235 View Post
    I've also heard that MB has their best liquidity for bases- is this true?
    Their liquidity for MLB is nothing short of amazing. If you bet MLB and don't have a Matchbook account, you are doing it wrong.

dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38373

Would you guys say to just transfer the balance to thegreek, betjamaica , 5dimes right now? If it does close, i'm guessing check is going to be the only way for them to cashout?

KGambler

It can't stay like this for to long...
    yesterday was dead and today the same......
    I will give it a couple more days and se if they got a plan or not...............
    This is truly bizarre... Tonight I was able to bet $4,000 on an NBA game at a price which was ARBABLE at some books. And it took me less than 5 minutes to do it! It's really weird how you guys can't get down for any amount, while I am betting thousands, in minutes, with no problem. I have to assume YOU GUYS ARE DOING IT WRONG.

KGambler

Quote Originally Posted by dynamite140 View Post
    Would you guys say to just transfer the balance to thegreek, betjamaica , 5dimes right now? If it does close, i'm guessing check is going to be the only way for them to cashout?
    You want to close out your acount because there was a completely unsubstantiated rumor that MB would close yesterday???

scott235
    scott235's Avatar Become A Pro!

** and ** also know who butters their bread as well- i think the heat is subsiding for these person to person transfers and it's essential for MB to get them back.

the sink

I only use matchbook for arbs and yesterday and today will be the only days I have not made a single dollar in the last 2 years so something is definitely up...
    like other guys have said, the ppl that puts up the big offers are gone and that is very bad

KGambler

Quote Originally Posted by scott235 View Post
    ** and ** also know who butters their bread as well- i think the heat is subsiding for these person to person transfers and it's essential for MB to get them back.
    Hopefully the new ownership starts making some major changes.

trumpdown
    trumpdown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Everyone has an agenda people have to decipher truth from ulterior motives for yourselves....and this goes for every book listed.
    Last edited by trumpdown; 02-15-11 at 07:38 PM.
    Points Awarded:

relaaxx gave trumpdown 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: relaaxx

goblue12
    goblue12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 453

If you bet MLB and don't have a Matchbook account, you are doing it wrong.
    elohel

the sink

some nice money in the pacers-heat game on the livebetting!
    There is life

Thremp
    Thremp's Avatar Become A Pro!

Their liquidity for MLB is nothing short of amazing. If you bet MLB and don't have a Matchbook account, you are doing it wrong.
    How much more money will I make when I "do it right"?

First 1234567 ... Last