juvunits
    juvunits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Anyone else have this problem with bet 365?

So I self excluded myself 2 years ago. About a month ago I was curious what date I would be able to reopen my account so I contacted them and asked. They told me some time in may, I had forgotten the exact date. So I just contacted them again to find out the exact date and they told me that they can not reopen my account because of a new policiy. The policy being that if you self exclude yourself it shows them you have a gambling problem and they will not open your account. Some sort of safe gambling policy. Has anyone had this happen to them? This is BS. Why are they telling me I can reopen in may and then they tell me I can't reopen at all.

Are there any sites out there similar to bet365. I really like that site but now I can't use it.

RoyalOak
    Update your status
    RoyalOak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 86

I went through this with them, and I asked them to close my account 10 years ago because was consolidating some of my open accounts. To this day under no circumstance will they re-open it for me. Crazy!

juvunits

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalOak View Post
    I went through this with them, and I asked them to close my account 10 years ago because was consolidating some of my open accounts. To this day under no circumstance will they re-open it for me. Crazy!
    Wow. Ten years? That's insane. Makes no sense

RoyalOak
    Update your status
    RoyalOak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 86

ive tried so many times to reaosn with them advising I would sign whatever they needed me to sign but they wont budge on it. If you have any kind of success with it or someone else has had success with this let me know

juvunits

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalOak View Post
    ive tried so many times to reaosn with them advising I would sign whatever they needed me to sign but they wont budge on it. If you have any kind of success with it or someone else has had success with this let me know
    Yes please let me know also

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

You can thank the UKGC probably.

When they do stuff like this to books, it just makes them even tougher enforcing some of the anti-player style rules that exist in the UK.

juvunits

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    You can thank the UKGC probably.

When they do stuff like this to books, it just makes them even tougher enforcing some of the anti-player style rules that exist in the UK.
    Ok but what does money laundering have to do with me wanting to reopen my account. They can tell I definitely wasn't laundering money, I don't bet big maybe 100 max. Doesn't make sense.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by juvunits View Post

Ok but what does money laundering have to do with me wanting to reopen my account. They can tell I definitely wasn't laundering money, I don't bet big maybe 100 max. Doesn't make sense.
    Because under their licenses not preying on problem gamblers is a big thing.

888 Fined 7.8m for allowing self excluded gamblers to play

Blocked gamblers were able to keep betting

an undercover reporter was able to place a bet in 19 of the 21 bookmakers he visited in Grimsby, despite signing up to the government's multi-operator self-exclusion scheme.

Bookies let self-confessed problem gamblers carry on – until they start winning

All of those are in the last 9 months. There is heavy media pressure pushing it further and further.

Each tightening of restrictions like this is based on rules the UKGC authored. (which IMHO suck badly in many areas)

Anyway, Bet365 are not just being dicks. I am sure they would love to have every self excluded player back that asked, if they could get away with it.
    Last edited by Optional; 03-06-18 at 04:13 AM.

juvunits

Because under their licenses not preying on problem gamblers is a big thing.

888 Fined 7.8m for allowing self excluded gamblers to play

Blocked gamblers were able to keep betting

an undercover reporter was able to place a bet in 19 of the 21 bookmakers he visited in Grimsby, despite signing up to the government's multi-operator self-exclusion scheme.

Bookies let self-confessed problem gamblers carry on – until they start winning

All of those are in the last 9 months. There is heavy media pressure pushing it further and further.

Each tightening of restrictions like this is based on rules the UKGC authored. (which IMHO suck badly in many areas)

Anyway, Bet365 are not just being dicks. I am sure they would love to have every self excluded player back that asked, if they could get away with it.
    Ok well that make things a bit clearer, still a stupid policy. What sites are similar to bet365 in terms or gambling and inplay

Optional

Ok well that make things a bit clearer, still a stupid policy. What sites are similar to bet365 in terms or gambling and inplay

Wish I could give you a long list, but Bet365 is alone as the best.

Check WilliamHill, Bodog and SportsInteraction as alternates.

I'm Australian and live in play online sports betting is illegal here, so most reputable books wont let me do it, so I am restricted to mostly offshores for live stuff and therefore not the greatest for recommendations of which is really better. I have to go mostly from posts on here.

juvunits

Wish I could give you a long list, but Bet365 is alone as the best.

Check WilliamHill, Bodog and SportsInteraction as alternates.

I'm Australian and live in play online sports betting is illegal here, so most reputable books wont let me do it, so I am restricted to mostly offshores for live stuff and therefore not the greatest for recommendations of which is really better. I have to go mostly from posts on here.
    Thanks. I'm from Canada. Williamhill doesn't work here. I know sports interaction is Canadian so that will work. Not sure about bodog. I'll have a look at them. Thanks

Optional

Bitcoin only book Jetwin is supposed to be pretty good for live betting too.

juvunits

Bitcoin only book Jetwin is supposed to be pretty good for live betting too.
    Jetwin is bitcoin only? Never heard of them. Do they payoutwithout problems?

Optional

Jetwin is bitcoin only? Never heard of them. Do they payoutwithout problems?
    They have been around for years and have been fine with fairness and payouts for that time.

There was sometimes complaints about slow grading but cant recall a no-pay problem.

But they went offline a few months back, apparently to revamp the software, and have only come back online last month.

So far they seem good. Hasn't been perfect re-opening but nothing more than a few bedding in bugs I think.

I think they are fine but it's impossible to be sure right now due to the changes.

juvunits

They have been around for years and have been fine with fairness and payouts for that time.

There was sometimes complaints about slow grading but cant recall a no-pay problem.

But they went offline a few months back, apparently to revamp the software, and have only come back online last month.

So far they seem good. Hasn't been perfect re-opening but nothing more than a few bedding in bugs I think.

I think they are fine but it's impossible to be sure right now due to the changes.
    Thanks. I think I'm going to go with sports interacting. They seem like a legit site. Any payout problems there that you know of?

Optional

Thanks. I think I'm going to go with sports interacting. They seem like a legit site. Any payout problems there that you know of?
    None. They are solid in that respect for sure.

Recent thread here with a few different poster comments and quite a few articles on their SBR profile over the years as well.

juvunits

None. They are solid in that respect for sure.

Recent thread here with a few different poster comments and quite a few articles on their SBR profile over the years as well.
    Thanks alot
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave juvunits 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

newton0038
    Update your status
    newton0038's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1947

Thanks. I'm from Canada. Williamhill doesn't work here. I know sports interaction is Canadian so that will work. Not sure about bodog. I'll have a look at them. Thanks
    WillHill absolutely works in Canada. SportsInteraction is on the Kahnawake reservation about 20mins. outside Montreal, but also partialy in the USA.

juvunits

Quote Originally Posted by newton0038 View Post
    WillHill absolutely works in Canada. SportsInteraction is on the Kahnawake reservation about 20mins. outside Montreal, but also partialy in the USA.
    Williamhill doesn't work in British Columbia for some reason. That's where I'm am. Anyone know why? That's wierd it works in the rest of Canada.

newton0038
    Update your status
    newton0038's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1947

Williamhill doesn't work in British Columbia for some reason. That's where I'm am. Anyone know why? That's wierd it works in the rest of Canada.
    Does teh BC provincial lottery have online sports betting available? They might have blocked WillHill ip from being accessed in the province

juvunits

Quote Originally Posted by newton0038 View Post
    Does teh BC provincial lottery have online sports betting available? They might have blocked WillHill ip from being accessed in the province
    The provincial lottery has online betting but it's garbage. You can't bet on a single game. You must parlay. That is wierd that the rest of Canada is able to use williamhill.

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

William Hill definitely works in Canada.

Edit: oh yeah, British Columbia is excluded.

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

I wouldn't say The Greek has superb in-game, but it's one of my favourite books, if not the best experience I've had.