relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14086

hopefully this is resolved soon. can't wait to hear the outcome. don't believe this to be outright theft. just a mistake. hope tony can see that at least it may be possible he did not take a shot at the book on purpose. always thought tony was fair even if he goes a little nuts once in a while with people taking a shot at his book. thieves deserve it. but once in a while when it walks talks and quacks it's not a duck - just a good imitation that seems exactly like a duck.

PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2326

I've had some heated conversations with Tony similar to this one but he has never called me scumbag #1. That is a new one for me. From what I can tell it looks like the OP took a shot and learned the hard way that Tony doesn't appreciate that. If the OP is willing to accept just getting his money back that should tell you something. That being said, 5dimes not only left the line up after the fight started but after it concluded? That is 5Dimes fault. They screwed up and booked a bet after the conclusion. Either pay OP everything that is owed to him and close the account or cancel the past post wagers. refund the money and let OP continue betting. Both parties screwed up here and IMO neither should be held fully responsible. What 5Dimes needs to do is make it known that they will reward players for bringing issues similar to this to the table. If OP would have notified live chat about the problem would they have thrown him a bone? Maybe, maybe not. But OP had no incentive to let anyone know except for to try and take a shot, not knowing the ramifications of such actions.

Mikeyanks23
    Welcome to Darkhat Nation
    Mikeyanks23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2046

Quote Originally Posted by blacktownjames View Post
    18th hole ripped me off.they are a pph site ran by a scammer Leo.. Leo stiffed me I am still waiting on a check since mid June
    Leo and Robert Wavro AKA Bobby waves stiffed you.

harvesters
    harvesters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6665

As hard as it is to get inside the mind of a madman, I think posts like this should be taken as a sign that Tony knows the end is near. 5dimes is becoming increasingly sloppy (there was a similar controversy a week ago with cancelled golf matchup bets) and Tony is becoming increasingly indifferent as to how is appearing. You can't keep this guy's money. You cancel the bets, refund his deposit less a processing fee and tell him to beat it. If I'm wrong and Tony doesn't think/know the end is near then shame on him as garbage like this is killing the rep of all online books.

JayMoney24_7
    JayMoney24_7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1266

Quote Originally Posted by PD77 View Post
    I've had some heated conversations with Tony similar to this one but he has never called me scumbag #1. That is a new one for me. From what I can tell it looks like the OP took a shot and learned the hard way that Tony doesn't appreciate that. If the OP is willing to accept just getting his money back that should tell you something. That being said, 5dimes not only left the line up after the fight started but after it concluded? That is 5Dimes fault. They screwed up and booked a bet after the conclusion. Either pay OP everything that is owed to him and close the account or cancel the past post wagers. refund the money and let OP continue betting. Both parties screwed up here and IMO neither should be held fully responsible. What 5Dimes needs to do is make it known that they will reward players for bringing issues similar to this to the table. If OP would have notified live chat about the problem would they have thrown him a bone? Maybe, maybe not. But OP had no incentive to let anyone know except for to try and take a shot, not knowing the ramifications of such actions.
    PD77 when someone is calling you a cheater and a theif and holding on to a $1,000 of your hard earned money somewhere in the middle of Costa Rica, yes I'd be happy to atleast have the idiot holding my money send me atleast the bucks I worked for. I honestly do want the money I made on the wagers too, as it was an honest wager on my part, but if the fight had indeed started before I locked in, then it would be understandable and the right thing if the establishment cancelled the bets. I don't need to steal, I'm good at placing wagers. I had no way of knowing the fights had started. I was at work, tired as hell putting in ot hours, making a million collection calls, that are non stop focus and reading financial details, so I could get the hell out of work. In my work environment, I was lucky to even squeeze in the bets. You can see they are spread out by atleast 5min each. He called me scumbag #1 because I didn't bow down to him and held my ground since I know I'm telling the truth. He wanted a confession that wasn't going to come since there was no foul play on my part. People crack when they lie because there are holes in their stories, I've been saying the same thing over and over because it's the truth. That was why he called me scumbag #1 because I didn't bow down and beg. The only thing that was true in Tony's attack that I addressed in earlier threads about myself is that I have a problem cashing out. I kick his ass for $4,000 in a week, I give it back going all in. I make $3,000 the next week, I give it back going halfway in. Money management has been my downfall in betting which is why I called him on bs when he claimed I'm a $10 bettor. All my bets are out of wack compared to my br. I mean I drop $3000, $7,800, $680, $20, all types of varying amounts depending on how strongly I feel about a pick. That was the lightbulb that let me know this guy had not reviewed my 4 months of account history at all, only the last week, maybe only that day. Last week was a challenge I set upon myself to try to turn $150 into $10,000. Of course there were going to be $10, $20 bets when you're limiting your br. Even then I was dropping $100+ on plays I felt strongly about. Shit, that thread ended at it's highest
    point on the 20th at $608 and me giving it back in one fight bet. So what the hell is Tony talking about? People seem to not believe in an honest mistake on here. In my case I made a good pick on a fight that had unfortunately just passed. That's the only reason I call it a mistake, for not knowing it passed. Otherwise, it was a winner and I would be demanding full payment.

bostonboss
    bostonboss's Avatar Become A Pro!

where's bill dozer? no comments? or is he clucking for bucks still?

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Tony is a god in Costa Rica, he is a very well respected man in the industry.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyanks23 View Post
    Leo and Robert Wavro AKA Bobby waves stiffed you.
    this.

it is well documented by us. Check out the threads here and especially EOG regarding them

JayMoney24_7

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    Tony is a god in Costa Rica, he is a very well respected man in the industry.
    Sorry pal, there is only 1 God. Some people believe in him, some don't. Tony is flesh and blood. You poke him with a stick, he'll bleed. One google search of the terms Tony and 5dimes put together and respect will be the furthest thing from how Tony is described in the "industry". He has the best book available to the US, but he personally is the worst head of a book. 5dimes would be great if Tony resigned and let someone with sanity takeover.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!

so...... why would anyone want to play against "God"?
    If he thinks hes God, then hes basically declaring he can do what the fukk he likes. And you guys still play?
    Resistance is futile.

JayMoney24_7

Damn I wish all of this never happened. 5dimes was my favorite book. Tony I don't care for after this incident, but it was a good book for all the options to wager it has. Crazy how one bad line ended my time at 5D. It is as much 5D's fault for still having it up, as my fault for not researching the event before locking in. That's what I get for being a compulsive bettor. He won't keep my money though, atleast I hope it doesn't come to that, but losing the 5D option hurts. F'n Tony and his paranoid schizo demeanor man. Everyone's a crook mentality. Guilty till proven innocent mentality. All he had to do was cancel the wager, no harm no foul, and I'd be making money right now. Craziest part is I never had any words or incidents at any book before this.
    Last edited by JayMoney24_7; 01-26-14 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Spelling

bostonboss

there are many us facing books better than 5 dimes....after the superbowl go over to rebate wager much better service and they pay.
    Points Awarded:

JayMoney24_7 gave bostonboss 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JayMoney24_7

Quote Originally Posted by onemoregoal View Post
    so...... why would anyone want to play against "God"?
    If he thinks hes God, then hes basically declaring he can do what the fukk he likes. And you guys still play?
    Resistance is futile.
    Lol the irony is that that is EXACTLY what he says. Like he actually says he can do whatever he wants.

JayMoney24_7

Quote Originally Posted by bostonboss View Post
    there are many us facing books better than 5 dimes....after the superbowl go over to rebate wager much better service and they pay.
    Thanks man, I'll definitely check them out today.

bostonboss

they are invite only through the end of football season.....they open it up after that......captrobey also plays there....never an issue and very professional.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack

You should all leave. He thinks hes God!!
    Hes basically raping you, with a crown on his head - but if you leave, he will realize he fukked up.
    You wont tho. Keep taking it.....

bostonboss

tony will be leaving lines up past post all the time now...if your wager loses they will be graded as loss if you win he will close your account and keep your funds..lol

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

the problem here is 5 dimes is a big monetary contributor to sbr....im sure sbr will side with tony....justin7 was the only fair guy here..and now hes gone...
    Bingo ! So is pinnacle so even if the player furnishes proof that the book did wrong SBR will turn a dead ear. In my case go on to attack me of scamming and "antics"

sbr aint gonna do shit if this is one of their sponsor books. I went to them and they truly disappointed me. you're better off going to Costa Rica for a vacation with some guys and strong arming money from these people.

bostonboss

I fully expect dozer to say its the players responsibility and fault for what took place....

bostonboss

hell he blamed the players in the betislands fiasco.

JayMoney24_7

Quote Originally Posted by onemoregoal View Post
    You should all leave. He thinks hes God!!
    Hes basically raping you, with a crown on his head - but if you leave, he will realize he fukked up.
    You wont tho. Keep taking it.....
    It's going to be a rude awakening for that ahole when the US finally gets on board and legalizes online gambling. They legalized weed so anything is possible now..haha. The minute they do is the minute Tony's empire collapses. He thrives because he appeals to US players without many other options. The minute we get some options, he will become the last option. His attitude towards customers comes from knowing his book is king of the hill right now for US players. I hope Rebate Wagers is as good as Boston says so I never look back. I bet that mean attitude of his will simmer down the moment flocks of his clientele leaves. 5dimes will drown and disappear.

bostonboss

rebate wager should be A+ but they don't pay sbr.....that's why they get B+

davidchong
    davidchong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 697

for your situation, Tony knows 100% thats is a past posted bet (they way of his chat), he lock your account to get news or hear from your side and now he is 1000% sure when you ask to void those bets and reopen your account... SBR will not help you, FOR SURE, thats why SBR Posters said Tony is GOD, he has the power to do what he wants.

You need to prove Tony, you dont know the results of the fight. how??? i dont know.... According with their rules, he can keep your money by ethical return your money.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali

SBR won't do shit. Us govt gets on board with online gambling then we the players got our backing. They ( our gvt will decide any wrongdoing not sites like SBR who get paid by these books to support them no matter what proof is shown that the book wronged you)

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

I bet on a boxing match a few years back that was on HBO. Came home from a night out, went on the computer to see what was on the board, saw a boxing matchup, placed the bet, turned on the TV and saw that it was already in the 6th round. Called them up immediately, got cursed at saying I was taking a shot at them (all I wanted was a cancellation or a confirmation that I had action). When I turned the TV on Larry Merchant had the fight even (so I was definitely not taking a "shot")

Anyways. my guy ended up losing the fight and guess what....no refund/cancellation!!!!

So when these guys leave the lines up late, they are actually freerolling us!!!!

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali

rebate wager should be A+ but they don't pay sbr.....that's why they get B+

bostonboss

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    I bet on a boxing match a few years back that was on HBO. Came home from a night out, went on the computer to see what was on the board, saw a boxing matchup, placed the bet, turned on the TV and saw that it was already in the 6th round. Called them up immediately, got cursed at saying I was taking a shot at them (all I wanted was a cancellation or a confirmation that I had action). When I turned the TV on Larry Merchant had the fight even (so I was definitely not taking a "shot")

Anyways. my guy ended up losing the fight and guess what....no refund/cancellation!!!!

So when these guys leave the lines up late, they are actually freerolling us!!!!
    here is sbr's chance to regain credibility...lower 5 dimes from A+ to A and get this guy some money back.....tony is definitely freerolling here...

JayMoney24_7

Quote Originally Posted by davidchong View Post
    for your situation, Tony knows 100% thats is a past posted bet (they way of his chat), he lock your account to get news or hear from your side and now he is 1000% sure when you ask to void those bets and reopen your account... SBR will not help you, FOR SURE, thats why SBR Posters said Tony is GOD, he has the power to do what he wants.

You need to prove Tony, you dont know the results of the fight. how??? i dont know.... According with their rules, he can keep your money by ethical return your money.
    The real God never had a problem with chargebacks. I'm trying to keep things civil and work it out with Tony. One thing I do love about cc's is when you are honest with them they have your back no matter what. Worst case scenario if Tony tries to play me with my money, he'll be fighting a corporation much larger than his little establishment. This is petty imo, which is why I'm trying to wait it out to see if he does the right thing. Thank the real God I never sent this guy cash! If I do have to get the cc's involved, I'll be requesting every dime dropped in this scam. 100% or 1000% sure in his head doesn't matter, he is wrong. I don't have to prove shit to him. Everything I have, I have laid out on this thread. I can't produce a video because who records themselves making a bet? What I can do is get coworkers to vouch for me. It's like some of you are suggesting you have to be his btch and at his mercy and will, I didn't do anything wrong so I dont feel that way. One way or the other I'll be getting my money back. You can't just rob people. If he does send someone to cause me harm, I'll be on the news for killing someone in self defense.
    Last edited by JayMoney24_7; 01-26-14 at 05:02 PM.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali

Just cancel the bet, refund the stake, and ban OP . I think that's fair.
    The banning may be a bit harsh but enough has been said that I doubt either side wants to do business with the other.

bostonboss

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfman14 View Post
    Just cancel the bet, refund the stake, and ban OP . I think that's fair.
    The banning may be a bit harsh but enough has been said that I doubt either side wants to do business with the other.
    I agree but a book treating customers this way cannot be A+

FENDER1
    FENDER1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 336

How on earth did 5 Dimes get to be A+ rated. Whether the guy past posted or not, there is no proof he did it on purpose. And to talk to a customer like that is completely unacceptable. This Tony person, sounds like he has mental health issues.

It just wouldn't happen at a proper A+ book, ie Bet365, Hills etc.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack

Yes, free yourselves from 5dimes.
    I can print some t shirts, wear them with pride. "I am free from tony"

davidchong
    davidchong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 697

We know he is wrong, i am talking basic on what he do with his customers and posted in forums. GL let us know the outcome and decision from Tony...

Quote Originally Posted by JayMoney24_7 View Post
    The real God never had a problem with chargebacks. I'm trying to keep things civil and work it out with Tony. One thing I do love about cc's is when you are honest with them they have your back no matter what. Worst case scenario if Tony tries to play me with my money, he'll be fighting a corporation much larger than his little establishment. This is petty imo, which is why I'm trying to wait it out to see if he does the right thing. Thank the real God I never sent this guy cash! If I do have to get the cc's involved, I'll be requesting every dime dropped in this scam. 100% or 1000% sure in his head doesn't matter, he is wrong. I don't have to prove shit to him. Everything I have, I have laid out on this thread. I can't produce a video because who records themselves making a bet? What I can do is get coworkers to vouch for me. It's like some of you are suggesting you have to be his btch and at his mercy and will, I didn't do anything wrong so I dont feel that way. One way or the other I'll be getting my money back. You can't just rob people. If he does send someone to cause me harm, I'll be on the news for killing someone in self defense.

JayMoney24_7

Quote Originally Posted by davidchong View Post
    We know he is wrong, i am talking basic on what he do with his customers and posted in forums. GL let us know the outcome and decision from Tony...
    Thanks. Will do. I'm keeping this thread updated with all the details. I hope SBR comes up with some information on where it stands soon.

scavsiu8
    scavsiu8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 675

Quote Originally Posted by JayMoney24_7 View Post
    Ok, so I just got done chatting with the infamous Tony. That guy is an idiot. I always see the posts that talk about the guy and his criminal practices and just chalk it up as stories online. It's all true. Yesterday I made a deposit for $1,000. I made a few wagers that won, but were never graded.

After a few hours of waiting for them to grade I contacted the book. They said that the wagers were awaiting manager approval the next day. No problem. Weird as it had never happened before, but whatever because I know everything is as it should be. I wake up this morning at 10am Pacific time. I try to log into my account to see if the wagers are resolved and it says I have been suspended and that I had to live help chat with Tony. Shocking, but again no problem. Clearly this must be a mistake. I start chatting with this dumb guy and he already is getting hostile making threats and calling me a thief. I'm completely in shock, but somehow not surprised based on all the stories I have already read about the guy. My whole state of mind was that I won't be punked by this guy calling himself god and all other types of demeaning references and insults. I tried to ask him what the issue was since I honestly had no clue. The guy never answered me throughout the first conversation. He ended the conversation and I'm not just going to let this guy steal my money so I got on another live chat with him. He kept insisting I confess to something. I'm not carrying a guilty conscious of anything at that point because quite honestly I placed a normal bet is my perspective. Eventually he comes out with it and states that one of the selections I had made was post posted. I live on the West Coast and was working when the bet was placed. Maybe I'm not a sharp because I don't handicap all my games and do extensive research on everything I bet. I bet when I like something. Usually my source for what games are on is the 5d board itself. When I'm away from home my only source of information is the espn app on my phone.

I made a bet on the Bundrage/Hernandez fight that was posted to begin at 10:45pm est. I bought the line for $100 at 4 different prices since it had a limit on it each time. Fighting bets is my strength and it was a good bet in my eyes. I didn't get to watch the event, but when I checked the results when I got home I it had won. Now I'm dealing with this. Tony is labeling me a thief. Claiming he is going to blacklist me at all the books. Implying he is going to kill me. I then told him that if this is where I have betting my money at, then I want a refund of my deposits as it is a scam. If you win money you are a thief. If you lose it is all fine. That is pathetic.

I even offered him to cancel the wagers if there was any fault with them. He refused to resolve the issue and said he is going to keep my money. I am utterly disgusted with this whole situation and honestly feel sick that this book is rated A+ on any review site. Tony is horrible. I never had a problem with a book. I have only been gambling for around 4 months. This is a reality check for me on the type of individuals that operate the industry. SBR I need your help as it seems you guys are the only entity this self titled "god" cares to acknowledge. I have $1000 I just deposited yesterday this guy is trying to steal from me. I am willing to cancel the $1,500+ of winnings this guy is contesting as ill gotten goods. I took a line at work that said the event started at 10:45pm est. My bet was locked in at 10:56pm and it was accepted. I thought it was a postponement that allowed me to make the wager as the line remained up for a good 15-20 minutes after I made my initial wager. According to Tony the event started much earlier than 10:45pm. Why was this line still up? How am I supposed to know which lines are valid or not if I'm not watching the event? I have never googled a start time for an event because this had never happened to me. 5d lines had been pretty accurate up until that point and I had no reason to second guess it. Every time a line had been past the start time, and the game had already started, the site had never let the bet push through before. It usually gave an error message after entering your password. I am outraged by how this whole thing in Tony's eyes is my fault. How about taking some accountability and placing the blame on your staff for leaving a line up that says it started at 10:45pm and Tony claims started much earlier than that. If anything happens at my house, any kind of shooting, any kind of event I swear Tony and 5D will be prosecuted and sued for everything they have.

This whole situation is scummy af. I have a copy of all the wager tickets in question and also the transcripts of the 2 chat sessions I had with this guy. PLEASE HELP! I want to try to resolve my account as I don't want to get my cc's involved. When I lose I own up to it like a man. I have lost over $15,000 of my money on this book in 4months and have never complained. Now I'm considering contesting all deposits if I can't get a fair shake at wagering. That is what the investments were all about, winning money. Cancel the wagers or give me a refund is what I'm asking for at this point. No one consciously tried to get over on your book. Not everyone is a crook you scumbag! Making threats to kill me! It's ridiculous that this guy can get away with this crap.
    If Twitter info means anything, @mydesertsports, they were introduced at 807pm CST

First 1234567 ... Last