simply
    Update your status
    simply's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1411

Quote Originally Posted by Sensible1 View Post
    But it says on the Canbet site "These terms were last updated on 15th November, 2013".

I wouldn't be surprised if that paragraph about insolvency is added on 15th November. Does anyone know what is changed in terms on 15th November?

hlorenz81
    hlorenz81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

phone call with GC on 22 of january

Hi
    guys, i have been tried to post this 7 days ago... got troubles cause there were links that i now removed.. and my account was considered as spam account.
    So.. i attach this after i red the post from SMIFFYWHU..

I have 2400 EUR waiting to receive since 20 of november. I was in touch with GC since the 30...
    I did a call to them 2 days ago and they forwarded me in email what they just told me on the phone:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your recent telephone query.
    The Gambling Commission has received a number of complaints from customers who have had problems withdrawing funds from Canbet Sports Bookmakers UK Limited, a company licensed by us.
    The Gambling Commission has been aware of a major software problem with Canbet Sports Bookmakers UK Ltd (Canbet) affecting the application of bonus payments to customers accounts since early October 2013 when customers contacted the Commission with regard to the non or late payment of winnings from their Canbet Accounts. Since that time the Commission has been in regular and continuing contact with the management of Canbet to ascertain the extent and likely duration of the problem.

Canbet suspended its operating activity with regard to taking bets and new deposits from 31 December 2013. At that time the Commission explained some of the steps it was taking and that it would be receiving a progress report by 6 January. Since that date we have received a number of further enquiries and can confirm we are continuing to actively engage with Canbet over their efforts to resolve these issues. Any update to the position will be posted on our website.
    In the meantime, we advise you to continue to engage with Canbet over your individual withdrawal and be mindful of the advice offered by the Commission in relation to complaints, in particular the following excerpt from our frequent asked questions. Licence holders have legal obligations to their customers, and gambling contracts became legally enforceable under the Gambling Act 2005.
    Whilst the Commission licenses operators, we should point out that we do not guarantee funds deposited by consumers or prizes due but we do require licensed operators to make it clear to their customers whether, and if so how, their money is protected in the event of insolvency. In the case of Canbet Sports Bookmakers UK Limited, details of the terms and conditions are available on their website at under point 1.8.1.
    Whilst the above may fall short of the response you were hoping for I can only seek to assure you that the Commission is taking an active interest in the current situation and is continuing our discussions with Canbet.

Yours faithfully

Hilary Mears
    Licensing Administrator
    GAMBLING COMMISSION

Basically what that means? GC says that Canbet has obligation to INFORM how the money is protected in case of insolvency. They foward me to the terms and conditions... where it says that the founds are not protected! GC doesn't responds in case of insolvency!
    So... if they are insolvent nobody will pay us....
    My question is... yes maybe as they say we signed a contract.... and we accepted this.. BUT in the rules it is also said that WE SHOULD GET PAID within 5 working days, am i wrong?
    Once I called the GC in late november, when it was already passed the period of 5 working days, at that point, didn't GC have to do something in order to protect me? The answer is no.. they continued to let Canbet operate... accepting deposits, bets etc.... so how can we say that GC is not responsable? They should have done something long time ago to protect me and my founds... I would have accepted to lose my money in case of insolvency IF GC was retiring their licence in November... after 60 days I think there is plenty space to get legal action ..if not with Canbet, for sure with GC.

Comments would be appreciated... hope my point of view is right and clear... pls tell me if I am wrong.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: delneri

delneri
    delneri's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Guys, let's unite and prepare a class action lawsuit to GC and Canbet, It is desirable that the organizational part took over British citizens

Rikki
    Rikki's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 336

An extract from an email from GC back in december: "We have also received assurances from the company’s auditors that the company has sufficient assets to cover its gambling liabilities."

If Canbet goes under then the auditors are also obviously incompetent/liable. I have placed a freedom of information request with the GC to get copies of their communications with Canbet and their auditors to give us a better idea.

benashey79
    benashey79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 504

Yes, I also received the email from them stating I would be paid by the 28th after starting a claim against them through the small claims courts, but no surprises I haven't been paid and now they aren't picking up the phone so I guess it was just more bull s***

MiloRambaldi
    MiloRambaldi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 642

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki View Post
    An extract from an email from GC back in december: "We have also received assurances from the company’s auditors that the company has sufficient assets to cover its gambling liabilities."

If Canbet goes under then the auditors are also obviously incompetent/liable. I have placed a freedom of information request with the GC to get copies of their communications with Canbet and their auditors to give us a better idea.
    Excellent idea! Please keep us informed.

simply
    Update your status

Anyone paid in last 3 weeks ?

hlorenz81

Tried to call Canbet last 48 hrs morning and night... nobody picks up the phone.....

Waiting since 20 of november.

Remark my point: the GC says we signed a contract. In the rules also it says that withdrawal are processed within 5 working days.
    If after 5 working days I am not paid this is a breach of contract too, am i right or not? If i tell this straight to the GC they are supposed to do something or not?

That was 2 months ago... my opinion is that we should go all against GC! They are responsable as they didn't do anything, insuring players that they have sufficient founds but leaving the situation blocked while Canbet was still accepting bets and deposits...

Its not acceptable!

hlorenz81

last update from GC website dated 28-1-2014

How are you responding to complaints about Canbet?

28 January, 2014
    Further to our previous updates, Canbet’s operating activity remains suspended by management and we continue to keep in close touch with them while they try to resolve the situation.
    Any further updates will be posted on our website.

Comment:

This is patetic!

simply
    Update your status

Shame! I just prepared to send some mail to GC but they already prepared this answer for all. I am not good with English, maybe someone who is better can write some story about this and send to newspaper (some guy offered The Sun newspaper here on forum earlier)

endtoend
    endtoend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 444

I have just got a judgement by default from the small claims court. Has anyone on here got further than this stage i.e. requested a warrant and got the bailiffs on the job (not that they're likely to get their hands on much)?

benashey79

Also been calling for the past 48hrs but the phone is off the hook. I called a company that is located on the same floor in their Melbourne head office who told me Canbet are still operating from there.

JayZ
    JayZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5247

Quote Originally Posted by endtoend View Post
    I have just got a judgement by default from the small claims court. Has anyone on here got further than this stage i.e. requested a warrant and got the bailiffs on the job (not that they're likely to get their hands on much)?
    You might do better to get your judgement enforced in Australia - there is a specific UK-Australia treaty and law in each country to do this. From people who have visited the listed office in London (Chiswick) this is was rented from Regus and is unlikely to have any seizable assets on site now, if it ever did have.

smiffywhu
    smiffywhu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 252

I'm speaking to a top solicitor but I'm being told it may be a better and cheaper idea to all get together and they could work on a "joint" case to minimise costs between us.I really don't fancy spending another £xxxx trying to chase my £4xxx back.Also for anyone with a "smart phone and "whats'app" we could speak in a group in there??

fidelio
    fidelio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1220

Are you able to pm any group message joining details. They owe me more but I fear our efforts and expenditure could be wasted if insolvency is imminent.

Regards

Fidelio

vladimir0v
    vladimir0v's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hello, i did registration here just to participate with you in the group for a group act. Please PM me, since i dont have enough posts uet, i have friends stuck there with money as well.

mhodge24
    mhodge24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

I would like to get involved in some action to have the GC shut down and all the muppets that work there made redundant. F*ck Canbet, come to the conclusion that there is no way getting any cash back from those crooks. Those bastards have done a runner and it seems in this industry if you want to do that you can. Let's hope they get their payback at some point. The victory now would be to have that pathetic 'Government' department shut down, what a waste of space! Although, released a great survey on UK gambling habits today - very good use of my taxes - c**ts.

stolarzz
    stolarzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

I would like to get involved too. If someone start smth big in law please let me know.

Regards

simply
    Update your status

I just wonder if we win the process who will pay us? Canbet haven't money, and no one is responsible in that case. Seems as hopeless situation or I missed something

MiloRambaldi
    MiloRambaldi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 642

Quote Originally Posted by smiffywhu View Post
    I'm speaking to a top solicitor but I'm being told it may be a better and cheaper idea to all get together and they could work on a "joint" case to minimise costs between us.I really don't fancy spending another £xxxx trying to chase my £4xxx back.Also for anyone with a "smart phone and "whats'app" we could speak in a group in there??
    Good idea, but could I suggest making a group on Skype instead? What's app is not compatible with either of my 2 Android tablets.

vladimir0v
    vladimir0v's Avatar Become A Pro!

Please just post here how to join the group.

hlorenz81

They will have to pay process + interests on all money they hold.... Would be cheaper to send someone in their offices in Melbourne with a baseball bat....

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20567

Quote Originally Posted by simply View Post
    I just wonder if we win the process who will pay us? Canbet haven't money, and no one is responsible in that case. Seems as hopeless situation or I missed something
    According to what we were told, the auditors reported that Canbet does have the funds to pay account holders.

They may not have enough of their own funds to run their business but that's a different matter.

simply
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    According to what we were told, the auditors reported that Canbet does have the funds to pay account holders.

They may not have enough of their own funds to run their business but that's a different matter.
    If auditors told that, then that is 100 % true... or maybe not? their director also told us that we will be paid couple of times ,in December(about 20th was deadline), also in January (28th was deadline) and what we had? nothing, and also no explanation from canbet for no paying in this deadlines . canbet told to GC in 6th January that they will continue with paying customers and resolving "technical issues", but no one reported payment in last month. Also canbet didn't release any statement or update from 31th December when they stopped with work, so I am highly suspicious about auditors report. If they have money why no one was not paid? Why gambling commission didn't provide their correspondence with canbet to us if everything is OK? If they just buy time before disappearing, after that it will be too late to send someone with baseball bat in their offices

FENDER1
    FENDER1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Canbet are a fairly well established company, with a workforce situated in Canberra, yet I have seen nothing in the Australian press regarding this issue. Major company goes bust, we assume many people lose their jobs, you would expect there to be some mention of it, at least in the local Canberra papers, yet nothing at all. I find that very strange

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20567

Quote Originally Posted by FENDER1 View Post
    Canbet are a fairly well established company, with a workforce situated in Canberra, yet I have seen nothing in the Australian press regarding this issue. Major company goes bust, we assume many people lose their jobs, you would expect there to be some mention of it, at least in the local Canberra papers, yet nothing at all. I find that very strange
    I could be wrong but I think Canbet's operation, as distinct from perhaps it's ownership and head office is long gone from Australia and has been in the UK for many years now?

simply
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by FENDER1 View Post
    I assume you live in Canberra if you know this. But where did you found that Canbet have workforce in Canberra? The owner is IGAS group from Melbourne and Canbet phone is same as on Igas site.
    Also I just found this text
    According this their downfall started a couple years ago and now is finished
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 07-19-14 at 10:48 AM.

FENDER1
    FENDER1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes sorry, got my states mixed up. It is indeed Melbourne. All the emails come from Australia and also the c/s is over there. Nothing in the Australian national press about them, will now have to check the Melbourne papers.

No I'm from the UK, but you can find the Aussie papers online. Would be good if someone from Melbourne could pay them a visit though, should be a hive of activity, what with c/s working around the clock And the new platform about to be launched lol.

fidelio
    fidelio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1220

Didn't someone on here early on in the saga report they lived very close to the Australia headquarters? But didn't visit because Michael said he would be paid within a week?

Patryk
    Update your status
    Patryk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

I support group claim against Canbet as well. Smiffywhu can you gather all people for this idea? Skype seems to be a right place. And what costs for solicitor are we talking about - can you give us some details?

Aitch
    Aitch's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hi Everyone - I'm also owed 3k and been waiting since November. I'd be interested in being involved in any joint action

benashey79

Just checked the web site, it seems Canbet have been taken over by an Indian company called Delta Corp, I am not sure if this is a good or bad thing. Surely if this new company has bought the company then the debt is transferred with the business and they will be liable to pay us all but who knows, I have pretty much given up any hope of seeing any money

benashey79

Just checked the web site, it seems Canbet have been taken over by an Indian company called Delta Corp, I am not sure if this is a good or bad thing. Surely if this new company has bought the company then the debt is transferred with the business and they will be liable to pay us all but who knows, I have pretty much given up any hope of seeing any money

smiffywhu
    smiffywhu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 252

I just phoned the indian number on CB homepage and spoke to 2 different people.Neither of them knew anything about Canbet then they hung up on me.I'm still awaiting a reply from solicitor.I'm not a paying customer (yet) and still trying to seek some free email advice hence I'm not top of their priority list

benashey79

Yeah I also just called but the woman I spoke to was pretty vague when I asked if they owned Canbet, she replied 'maybe', it's unbelievable. In terms of legal matters I guess this opens up a hole new can of worms, I was just about to try and enforce my judgment in Australia but guess that is out of the question

First ... 3456789 ... Last