Originally posted on 01/28/2014:

Hi
guys, i have been tried to post this 7 days ago... got troubles cause there were links that i now removed.. and my account was considered as spam account.
So.. i attach this after i red the post from SMIFFYWHU..

I have 2400 EUR waiting to receive since 20 of november. I was in touch with GC since the 30...
I did a call to them 2 days ago and they forwarded me in email what they just told me on the phone:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your recent telephone query.
The Gambling Commission has received a number of complaints from customers who have had problems withdrawing funds from Canbet Sports Bookmakers UK Limited, a company licensed by us.
The Gambling Commission has been aware of a major software problem with Canbet Sports Bookmakers UK Ltd (Canbet) affecting the application of bonus payments to customers accounts since early October 2013 when customers contacted the Commission with regard to the non or late payment of winnings from their Canbet Accounts. Since that time the Commission has been in regular and continuing contact with the management of Canbet to ascertain the extent and likely duration of the problem.

Canbet suspended its operating activity with regard to taking bets and new deposits from 31 December 2013. At that time the Commission explained some of the steps it was taking and that it would be receiving a progress report by 6 January. Since that date we have received a number of further enquiries and can confirm we are continuing to actively engage with Canbet over their efforts to resolve these issues. Any update to the position will be posted on our website.
In the meantime, we advise you to continue to engage with Canbet over your individual withdrawal and be mindful of the advice offered by the Commission in relation to complaints, in particular the following excerpt from our frequent asked questions. Licence holders have legal obligations to their customers, and gambling contracts became legally enforceable under the Gambling Act 2005.
Whilst the Commission licenses operators, we should point out that we do not guarantee funds deposited by consumers or prizes due but we do require licensed operators to make it clear to their customers whether, and if so how, their money is protected in the event of insolvency. In the case of Canbet Sports Bookmakers UK Limited, details of the terms and conditions are available on their website at under point 1.8.1.
Whilst the above may fall short of the response you were hoping for I can only seek to assure you that the Commission is taking an active interest in the current situation and is continuing our discussions with Canbet.

Yours faithfully

Hilary Mears
Licensing Administrator
GAMBLING COMMISSION

Basically what that means? GC says that Canbet has obligation to INFORM how the money is protected in case of insolvency. They foward me to the terms and conditions... where it says that the founds are not protected! GC doesn't responds in case of insolvency!
So... if they are insolvent nobody will pay us....
My question is... yes maybe as they say we signed a contract.... and we accepted this.. BUT in the rules it is also said that WE SHOULD GET PAID within 5 working days, am i wrong?
Once I called the GC in late november, when it was already passed the period of 5 working days, at that point, didn't GC have to do something in order to protect me? The answer is no.. they continued to let Canbet operate... accepting deposits, bets etc.... so how can we say that GC is not responsable? They should have done something long time ago to protect me and my founds... I would have accepted to lose my money in case of insolvency IF GC was retiring their licence in November... after 60 days I think there is plenty space to get legal action ..if not with Canbet, for sure with GC.

Comments would be appreciated... hope my point of view is right and clear... pls tell me if I am wrong.