Streaky
    Streaky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 270

The demise of Bodog was greatly exaggerated

I'm thinking alot of the uproar was because when they closed the accounts of several US States, alot of noobish players did their first cash out. These idiots likely unfamiliar with the process, combined with a legitimate backlog (not enough processors) started posting all over SBR and 2p2 and even had seasoned (in terms of withdrawls) vets like myself raising eyebrows. I can assure you guys though, the sky is not falling, and Bovada looks to be on its way back to 15 business days and hopefully less soon.

Anyways XXXX check requested 4/4, received 4/24
    XXXX check requested 5/4 received 6/18
    XXXX Check requested 6/7 first of 3 increments received on 6/29, tracking number for 2nd increment received today 7/6
    XXXX Check requested 6/10 3 increments have not received any yet

Although I plan on depositing back in Bovada, at the moment I'm waiting for them to catch up a bit more before I stop playing at 5 dimes.

Also, note to 5Mike5. 5Dimes will never be king until they have more live betting. They don't even come close to Bovada when it comes to live line availability- pretty sure 5D only puts up lines for live betting on nationally televised games. When you're on the last leg of your parlay and thinking about hedging the live line comes in handy- I seriously think it sucks that 5D doesn't offer more live lines. Also anyone else notice that their mobile plattform isn't compatible with Iphones- it basically just forces you to zoom in on their URL- pretty lazy stuff 5D.

Anyways though, 5D has their act together when it comes to payouts, so I will continue to play at their book for the time being until Bovada catches back up.

I haven't seen very many people reporting quick payouts with Bovada, and I think some of the info here is starting to look dated and inaccurate so I felt the need to share my experience.
    Last edited by Streaky; 07-06-12 at 06:32 PM. Reason: error with dates
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: easyliving

Streaky

Thread should say Bovada

I am a US player and my comments are regarding Bovada.lv not Bodog

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

lol, this is comical. Users all over the place have been experiencing severe delays with cashouts, and they've been closing accounts of a bunch of people as well.

Is the sky falling? Hard to say, but it's not a good situation, and that's an awfully suspicious first post.

Streaky

I knew some of you retards would be out here saying that- although I've never posted I've read these forums before and you guys are way paranoid.

I just know I am now getting payouts from almost mid-June and was bothered by the fact that people seeking info on Bovada payouts, are still looking at that other thread saying people are waiting 60 days.

Even if they are still waiting I thought it would be of benefit for people to know that others are in fact being paid in a timely fashion.

I was just as pissed at Bovada as the rest of you when I waited 6 weeks. Think about it though football is starting soon, obv they realize they got to get back to 15 business days if they are going to be getting all the early football money

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by Streaky View Post
    I knew some of you retards would be out here saying that- although I've never posted I've read these forums before and you guys are way paranoid.
    I'm a retard for pointing out that you sign up today and immediately start with this? Maybe it's you with the problem, expecting us to buy this line.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29078

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    I'm a retard for pointing out that you sign up today and immediately start with this? Maybe it's you with the problem, expecting us to buy this line.

Streaky

Why, this is a perfectly legitimate reason to start a thread/ membership in SBR. Like you said there is alot of concern over this, and people are only updating with negative info.

Also, this isn't some sort of advertisement for Bovada. I said I'm not playing there anymore which would probably be pretty stupid to say if I worked for Bovada's secret undercover SBR posting team

Streaky

Also yes you are retarded. I happen to know everything I am saying is accurate, and that your comments are ridiculous. You get those kind of perks when you have a first person perspective and know that you are telling the truth

dww123
    dww123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9200

Why, this is a perfectly legitimate reason to start a thread/ membership in SBR. Like you said there is alot of concern over this, and people are only updating with negative info.

Also, this isn't some sort of advertisement for Bovada. I said I'm not playing there anymore which would probably be pretty stupid to say if I worked for Bovada's secret undercover SBR posting team

He is probably also the same guy who thinks any nba game he bets on and loses is fixed.

yisman

Also yes you are retarded. I happen to know everything I am saying is accurate, and that your comments are ridiculous. You get those kind of perks when you have a first person perspective and know that you are telling the truth
    I happen have had an account at Bovada and they slow paid me (about 45 days) and then closed my account. I've also been here for years. So I'll assume you're retarded for trying to pretend like you have any credibility. You sign up and immediately start shilling and insulting people. Major red flag.

Streaky

Wow major red flag that I am insulting people questioning my integrity in a gambling forum.

The bottom line is as i said, my post has no bias. Sorry if you are personally offended that I am not going to put up with your questioning of my legitimacy, just because you sit in here all day posting about how sports are fixed and searching around for "fake posters".

The purpose of this thread was to give people a more up to date description of another Bovada players experience.

honestly as someone who is now getting checks in less than 3 weeks, its actually a red flag to me that people are still claiming to wait 60 days. Believe what you want, but if you can't get your mind around the fact that they are now realistically paying in about 3 weeks (in my case) you are just being unrealistic/ biased/ butt-hurt about who knows what

yisman

honestly as someone who is now getting checks in less than 3 weeks, its actually a red flag to me that people are still claiming to wait 60 days. Believe what you want, but if you can't get your mind around the fact that they are now realistically paying in about 3 weeks (in my case) you are just being unrealistic/ biased/ butt-hurt about who knows what
    Like I said, major red flag. Give it a rest with all the insults already.

prop
    prop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2002

How about I actually warned in early December to be careful, is signs of cash flow issues, and checks were coming fast back then. I must be Nostradamus as those things you said hadn't occurred yet. How about after that, in addition to player slow pays they failed to pay many rest of the world affiliates via wire, neteller, or skrill in a timely manner and reached multiple month backlog with them. How about the fact network host cancelled their sponsorship of an EPL team, how about the same changing ownership of their poker network? How about other cancelled sponsorship freeing up cash? Added risk doesn't mean a company is going to fail. Payment time frames are pretty good way to evaluate current risk, and this is a business forum (players talk across the street) and payouts are what many want to know about.

Of course generally not much wrong with your post, BUT... in case you haven't noticed, there's a huge Bovada payout threads your post would of been appropriate in. But your results oriented epiphany made you feel this opinion deserves it own thread. Something like that? Anyways, glad you got paid, enjoy the live betting.
    Last edited by prop; 07-07-12 at 03:02 AM.

princecharles
    princecharles's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by prop View Post
    How about I actually warned in early December to be careful, is signs of cash flow issues, and checks were coming fast back then. I must be Nostradamus as those things you said hadn't occurred yet. How about after that, in addition to player slow pays they failed to pay many rest of the world affiliates via wire, neteller, or skrill in a timely manner and reached multiple month backlog with them. How about the fact network host cancelled their sponsorship of an EPL team, how about the same changing ownership of their poker network? How about other cancelled sponsorship freeing up cash? Added risk doesn't mean a company is going to fail. Payment time frames are pretty good way to evaluate current risk, and this is a business forum (players talk across the street) and payouts are what many want to know about.

Of course generally not much wrong with your post, BUT... in case you haven't noticed, there's a huge Bovada payout threads your post would of been appropriate in. But your results oriented epiphany made you feel this opinion deserves it own thread. Something like that? Anyways, glad you got paid, enjoy the live betting.
    Effing bullseye. Tight grouping center mass 10 ring.

Khiaao
    Khiaao's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Well I'm one of those that had to wait 2 months for a cash out, with no real explanation for the delay, I did not close my account with them but will not be using them again to place my bets I'm cool with the service i'm getting with 5dimes. Maybe if Bovada had offer some explanation and/or gave me a $100.00 bonus I might consider it but for now im with 5dimes with Betislands as a back up

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

It's not an excuse for a book today but their issue has been a lack of resources to send these funds. They expect to have more abilities to send money soon. Its important not only for them to send players with pending payouts their money faster but to be successful for the start of football season. New requests have been sent a little faster this month than last month and they expect it to continue. This is very similar to what happened over two years ago when they had to address a need for more third party payers. Again, the reason why doesn't change that it sucks to wait to collect your profits from an NBA season but maybe helps with the level of concern while you wait.

darko3131
    Update your status
    darko3131's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Good to know Bill. Bodog/bovada was going out of business 100 times already if you listened to the message boards but it's always just smoke.

prop
    prop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2002

Why then are there affiliates whose May commissions haven't been run? It looks like they will be as they've cleared a lot (but not all) that backlog (but just weeks ago I'd ask why March and April hadn't paid too - *oh yeah reps have even basically admitted the need to free up cash*. This is non-US and a variety of payment methods. There's a group of issues and circumstances that even outside the reps near confirming it, all point cash flow issues, needing to free up the cash to send payments.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Prop, Not sure I follow you but send me a message/email and I'll ask them about your acct. Its not an asset issue. It's an issue of delivery. You can easily look at other parts of their business where this issue is not a factor and see they are paying fast.

ProfitBettingSov
    ProfitBettingSov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 162

Isn't it worrying though, that there were major delays in their payouts in the past few months? Imo, one of the marks of a solid book is that they can tide through the lean gambling period without it affecting the way they function, but that doesn't seem the case with Bovada.

I would only deposit with the come football season, when the cash in-flows are higher, so I would hope their payouts would get faster too.

Streaky

[Q.UOTE=prop;15299912]How about I actually warned in early December to be careful, is signs of cash flow issues, and checks were coming fast back then. I must be Nostradamus as those things you said hadn't occurred yet. How about after that, in addition to player slow pays they failed to pay many rest of the world affiliates via wire, neteller, or skrill in a timely manner and reached multiple month backlog with them. How about the fact network host cancelled their sponsorship of an EPL team, how about the same changing ownership of their poker network? How about other cancelled sponsorship freeing up cash? Added risk doesn't mean a company is going to fail. Payment time frames are pretty good way to evaluate current risk, and this is a business forum (players talk across the street) and payouts are what many want to know about

[/QUOTE]

Prop, you sound a lot like the writer from sports betting sites dot org- all good info none the less, and some parts may be relevant to their backlog. Clearly the company is doing some restructuring, which would make sense with Patrick Selin leaving the brand. . One boss leaves and another comes in with new visions and different priorities/ objectives Also keep in mind that they are operating a business and due to the current climate surrounding international gaming may have changed their strategy and no longer wish to be the biggest in the US market. Ended sponsorships may simply point to a rebranding and does not necessarily have to relate to cash flow issues. Late Affiliate payouts are concerning- but I'm assuming funds are channeled the same way they are to players so it would make sense to pay the players first no?
    Last edited by Streaky; 07-07-12 at 04:08 PM.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29078

bovada is on a much lower level compared to the best U.S. friendly books

heritage and 5dimes are the top notch U.S. friendly books

if u cant get ur money in a few hours and days, not months, nothing else really matters....

i forgot, bovada doesnt even offer p2p payouts..
    Last edited by 5mike5; 07-07-12 at 04:05 PM.

Streaky

]
    [QUOTE=5mike5;15304240]bovada is on a much lower level compared to the best U.S. friendly books

if u cant get ur money in a few hours and days, not months, nothing else really matters....

i forgot, bovada doesnt even offer p2p payouts..[/QUOTE
    Agreed, but Bovada has a superior live betting platform. Of course 5D does have advantages over Bovada also, like the fact that they let you parlay alternative lines and props and they crush Bovada on payouts (currently) Just not sure why other books aren't embracing live betting- does 5D start to offer more live games during football?

No book is yet to have it all in my opinionfor the US- we haven't seen a pinny type book- 5D ain't even close, and neither is heritage.

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    I happen have had an account at Bovada and they slow paid me (about 45 days) and then closed my account. I've also been here for years. So I'll assume you're retarded for trying to pretend like you have any credibility. You sign up and immediately start shilling and insulting people. Major red flag.
    Why did they close your account? Being from New York?

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

[QUOTE=Streaky;15304576]]
    Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    bovada is on a much lower level compared to the best U.S. friendly books

i forgot, bovada doesnt even offer p2p payouts..[/QUOTE
    Agreed, but Bovada has a superior live betting platform. Of course 5D does have advantages over Bovada also, like the fact that they let you parlay alternative lines and props and they crush Bovada on payouts (currently) Just not sure why other books aren't embracing live betting- does 5D start to offer more live games during football?

No book is yet to have it all in my opinionfor the US- we haven't seen a pinny type book- 5D ain't even close, and neither is heritage.
    If I had money at 5dimes (or any other reputable book ) and they were taking 45 days+ (since this seem to be the average, and also my recent experience, I'll talk about that seems your claims seem to be currently the anomaly) ) are you restricted into taking that one forced method of payout?

BTW, while Bovada's live betting software you keep touting might look real pretty, unless you like crappy coin toss type of props (like will the score end in even or odd type of BS ) or happy with non-unique numbers their offerings suck... For spreads and totals all they do is wait for pinnacle and other sites to open up and add extra juice to both sides... Personally I'll take the simple appearance of 5dimes without all fluff where they aren't afraid to offer an occasional opinion over Bovada any day for live betting...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 5mike5