Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Mighty Ducks View Post
    Usa ml +605 zero chance at cashing.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    Write it down for the rest of your lives. England always thinks they can win the World Cup. But they are no better than an average European side. They bring nothing special.
    Besides a fluke goal, USA had one good scoring chance? Point of the thread USA had no chance at winning this game and they didn't they ended in a draw which i never said was couldn't happen.

D3 Mighty Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post

Whats so funny, USA ML didn't cash? USA chances of winning were slim. Besides that own goal this game could of easily finished 1-0 England. Yea Alitdore hit the post closed to the end but still USA didn't win My case is put to rest.

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Did you lose A LOT of money?

Cappinpicks
    Cappinpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Games are won/lost and tied on ifs , buts, and candy nuts.

D3 Mighty Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Innings View Post
    Did you lose A LOT of money?
    I lost 8 units on England -1. And if you think 8 units is going to crack my bankroll your wrong

D3 Mighty Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by Cappinpicks View Post
    You just love soccer don't you. You haven't left the soccer forum in hours

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

D3 Mighty Ducks is what gives Italians a bad name.

He has a big mouth and is a general all-around idiot.

Glad he lost on the game.

D3 Mighty Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by andywend View Post
    D3 Mighty Ducks is what gives Italians a bad name.

He has a big mouth and is a general all-around idiot.

Glad he lost on the game.
    I'm an idiot cause I made an opinion on a game? Shit you really hurt my feelings over an internet forum

CallMeGENO
    CallMeGENO's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2092

your are such a b1tch dude. you tried to make it sound like england was SOOOOO much better than usa. unfortunately if u watched the game you saw that usa hung with england the whole game. quit hating on the usa natinal team. JUST ANOTHER HATER

D3 Mighty Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeGENO View Post
    your are such a b1tch dude. you tried to make it sound like england was SOOOOO much better than usa. unfortunately if u watched the game you saw that usa hung with england the whole game. quit hating on the usa natinal team. JUST ANOTHER HATER
    You guys are truly idiots, why don't you read the thread instead of just the title. I clearly said in my early posts that USA has a chance at drawing and picking up a point and that England won't bury the American. This post was directed to the USA ML (which if you didn't notice but that didn't cash). I was directing it towards USA will not pick up the 3 points tomorrow (which they didn't) but didn't ever say England was going to run the American's out of Africa. Stupid people make me laugh, like yourself. I've been around betting probably longer then you and i'm not hating on the US National team, I couldn't care less about them to be honest. My point in this thread was that USA will not get out of this match with 3 points and once again i'm correct
    Last edited by D3 Mighty Ducks; 06-12-10 at 05:10 PM.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

I lost 8 units on England -1. And if you think 8 units is going to crack my bankroll your wrong
    Why would 8 units crack your bankroll?

1u = $5

Right?

chilidog

I could care less about them to be honest.
    I believe you meant to say "I couldn't care less".

Saying that you could care less means that you do indeed care.

Learn proper English.

D3 Mighty Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post

I believe you meant to say "I couldn't care less".

Saying that you could care less means that you do indeed care.

Learn proper English.
    Are you spelling police on SBR forum?

chilidog

Are you spelling police on SBR forum?
    Here you go again.

spell·ing   [spel-ing] –noun
    the manner in which words are spelled; orthography.

gram·mar   [gram-er] –noun
    knowledge or usage of the preferred or prescribed forms in speaking or writing

I said learn proper English; I didn't say 'learn to spell'. I wouldn't have said a thing if you weren't bashing the states in this and other threads.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

D3 Im with you man, if these people thimk USA stuck with England they should prob stop betting

Green is the worst goalie, Hart should have started IMO. GL to you D3 for the rest of the WC

dont worry squares will be broke by the end of the cup. you`ll make your money back and then some

D3 Mighty Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post

Here you go again.

spell·ing   [spel-ing] –noun
    the manner in which words are spelled; orthography.

gram·mar   [gram-er] –noun
    knowledge or usage of the preferred or prescribed forms in speaking or writing

I said learn proper English; I didn't say 'learn to spell'. I wouldn't have said a thing if you weren't bashing the states in this and other threads.
    Who the hell is bashing the States? I had an HONEST opinion that the US wouldn't get 3 points today (which they didn't) and this thread was created to express my opinion on taking USA ML. Instead of just reading the tittle, you should of read the threads and what I actually had to say about the US. Oh and can I get the definition of the word "bashing" Mr. Officer?

D3 Mighty Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by rfr3sh View Post
    D3 Im with you man, if these people thimk USA stuck with England they should prob stop betting

Green is the worst goalie, Hart should have started IMO. GL to you D3 for the rest of the WC

dont worry squares will be broke by the end of the cup. you`ll make your money back and then some

Thanks man, I create a thread about American's and all of sudden they come out in numbers and start supporting their National Soccer Team. They insist that i'm "bashing" their country over an internet forum. I'm Canadian I have more class then to bash a country over a International soccer event. Got to love our neighbours to the South. As I see your avatar is a Blue Jays logo and i'm a Blue Jay fan myself and live it Toronto

Cuse4tw
    Sharp Square
    Cuse4tw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

this is not to hate or anything: but why doesnt canada have a decent team. i feel they should at least qualify. but i guess they can only handle pucks up there

D3 Mighty Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse4tw View Post
    this is not to hate or anything: but why doesnt canada have a decent team. i feel they should at least qualify. but i guess they can only handle pucks up there
    I don't know the direct answer to that question but my theory is you have 9 times the number of people in your country then we do. If your not capable to find 23 half decent soccer plays then I believe theres a problem. Oh well, we'll just soak up another 4 years of Olympic Gold Medal in hockey while you guys enjoy the silver if you want to put it that way.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Besides a fluke goal, USA had one good scoring chance? Point of the thread USA had no chance at winning this game and they didn't they ended in a draw which i never said was couldn't happen.
    Soccer is a game of mistakes. Both goals resulted from a mistake, and were extremely amateurish. And both teams had one real scoring chance. The game was pretty even.

There are European sides that can totally outclass the US, but England isn't one of them. It's a predictable bunch of players without a clue of how to play like a team. My definition for playing like a team, by the way, is that the whole is greater than the sum of the individual parts.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 06-12-10 at 05:37 PM.

D3 Mighty Ducks

Soccer is a game of mistakes. Both goals resulted from a mistake, and were extremely amateurish. And both teams had one real scoring chance. The game was pretty even.

There are European sides that can totally outclass the US, but England isn't one of them. It's a predictable bunch of players without a clue of how to play like a team. My definition for playing like a team, by the way, is that the whole is greater than the sum of the individual parts.
    Your 100% right about both goals coming off mistakes. I know the English team has had issues with injuries, who is the captain, etc. I still chose to back them even at -1 because I believed the US media was over hyping this game for the American's and giving them more then just a chance at winning this game. Soccer is a team sport and no matter how well you want to argue about how the US played well defensively, England did not play well as a team at all today. I wasn't bashing or ruling out the American's and calling them shit by any means, this thread was created by my honest opinion that if the English were to play as a team (which they did not do that today) the American's would of found it a lot harder to scrap that single point from todays game.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

That's been the problem with England historically. They don't know how to play like a team (in the national team), because there is no underlying team philosophy. Now they think Rooney is going to make it happen. Before that, it was Beckham. But these star players can't make the difference without a team concept that everybody buys into. First you need a team concept, a precise and well defined way of how to play the game; not just what the role of each player is, but also how that role links to the roles of the others. That's the foundation, the stuff that allows a team to gel. Then, on top of that, individual class can lift the team to the next level. Without a clear team concept, the individual class can't be used effectively.

One of the greatest players to every play, Johan Cruyff, said: 'football is played with the head'. To this very day the Dutch national team is his legacy. He, with the help of some others, created that team philosophy -of total football-, starting in the 1960's with Ajax. Before Orange Clockwork spun the heads of soccer fans in 1974, Ajax dominated world football in the early 1970's. Then Cruyff moved to Barcelona. That move began the transformation of Barcelona, and the flow of Dutch (mostly Ajax) players to that team. Barcelona, first coached by Cruyff in the 1990's and more recently by Rijkaard (who won the CL with Ajax in 1995), is playing in this same style. And that style was then adopted by the Spanish national team; with many Barca players. When I see Spain today, I see virtually the same philosophy as Holland. (But when I see England, I see no philosophy).
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 06-12-10 at 06:12 PM.

ZXCVBNM
    Crew/Fire over 2.5
    ZXCVBNM's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SRBI View Post
    I just 100% confirmed my bet on England.

Was listening to ESPN in the background and overheard 2 of the ESPN soccer announcers call 1-1 draw and the other a 2-1 US win. I'm all over England -1 and might have a dab at 2-0 correct score as well.
    Two out of three ain't bad.

D3 Mighty Ducks

That's been the problem with England historically. They don't know how to play like a team (in the national team), because there is no underlying team philosophy. Now they think Rooney is going to make it happen. Before that, it was Beckham. But these star players can't make the difference without a team concept that everybody buys into. First you need a team concept. That's the foundation, the stuff that allows a team to gel. Then, on top of that, individual class can lift the team to the next level. Without a clear team concept, the individual class can't be used effectively.
    Amen to that, you couldn't of said it any better. Theres just to much crap going on off the field to get this team to gel and make some noise in this tournament. Two years ago they couldn't even qualify for the European Championship, but I blame more Steve McClaren for that. Perfect example of todays game they easily have a better team on paper then the US but just can't figure it out when there on the field together. 60 years and counting without a World Cup for England, they got to pull their shit together over the next 2 weeks if they want to be there on July 11th.

Cuse4tw
    Sharp Square

lol i was actually being serious ducks...dont have to be a dick. and olympic hockey is great and all but it isnt exactly the pinnicle of our sports. and neither is soccer. I feel the usa would be a world power in soccer IF it was the main game for kids to grow up playing.

too many kids playing Football and Basketball here

Cuse4tw
    Sharp Square

back to soccer discussion: i support USA and england typically because of my heritage....but i think that hesky should not be starting. I just love Defoe too much....hesky is a clown.

D3 Mighty Ducks

lol i was actually being serious ducks...dont have to be a dick. and olympic hockey is great and all but it isnt exactly the pinnicle of our sports. and neither is soccer. I feel the usa would be a world power in soccer IF it was the main game for kids to grow up playing.

too many kids playing Football and Basketball here
    Haha, I was just kidding with ya. I don't know where soccer lies in terms of ranking of sports in your country but definitely more kids are playing Football and Basketball in America.

back to soccer discussion: i support USA and england typically because of my heritage....but i think that hesky should not be starting. I just love Defoe too much....hesky is a clown.
    Definitely think Defoe should be the starter over Heskey. Defoe offers wicked speed up front but to be honest I don't think anyone England puts on the field will make a difference their just not gelling together as a team!

Cuse4tw
    Sharp Square

i think there too many egos if that makes sense....gerrard and lampard just cant play with one another. i wish they brought walcott and gabby agbonlahor along for the rid.

lets make some $$$ 2moro

leeznon
    leeznon's Avatar Become A Pro!

1 to 1 that's an embarassment. Soccer is your national sport and you can't beat a team that ranks soccer as its 5 most popular sport.

goblue12
    goblue12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 453

Thanks Robert Green!

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Clearly outplayed

Cappinpicks
    Cappinpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Ducks is the biggest loser on this forum, wastes his time arguing with people better than him

CBH123
    CBH123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

It ended up being a great game; USA was inches away from winning with that shot off the post.

First 1234 Last