GatorTD
    GatorTD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

The Americans that thought we would win this game without a doubt never kicked a soccer ball in their life, much less watched a game.

Im not hating in any way but the thought of you feeling good about yourself for calling a +600 odds underdog not to win is kind of comical in the betting sense, isn't it? Like i said, Im not hating because you had the right call..but look at the odds and think about what you said. THe people who 'KNEW' the US would win are people who just think the US will win at any and everything we show up for.

Just one of those things. The England goal was about half as fluky as the US goal, but it counts just the same. If England was *THAT* much the better team they would have scored a 2nd, or a 3rd, or anything. The US played GREAT defensively, effectively marking out what people say is a Top 3 player in the world for most of the game. Even though you give them a point based on a difficult short hop save, you have to give them credit for only allowing England that one goal and shutting them out for 85+ minutes.

sportfan
    sportfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4449

USA almost beat England ...England is not any better than USA

jon13009
    jon13009's Avatar Become A Pro!

The US has a chance. A small one, but a chance.

Betting Guru
    Bookie Busting!
    Betting Guru's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

I think we have a real good chance of winning. Anything can happen, just check the replay of our goal! Let's go USA!

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3457

just another sport that americans will take over eventually.. we took hockey from canada.. eventually soccer will be our thing too.. this team has come light years.. anyone that knows shit about soccer and broke down this game agrees with me.. The sharps made money on this game... USA should have won plain and simple.. their d got better as the game went along.. and they had the faster legs.. we just couldn't finish.. that will come .. the next two matches should be an easier test for them.. and they will gain some confidence hopefully with some well finished goals.. Guys USA might very well win Group C.. they ARE IN IT...

SoV
    "Why always me"
    SoV's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by kmarinouofm View Post
    just another sport that americans will take over eventually.. we took hockey from canada.. eventually soccer will be our thing too.. this team has come light years.. anyone that knows shit about soccer and broke down this game agrees with me.. The sharps made money on this game... USA should have won plain and simple.. their d got better as the game went along.. and they had the faster legs.. we just couldn't finish.. that will come .. the next two matches should be an easier test for them.. and they will gain some confidence hopefully with some well finished goals.. Guys USA might very well win Group C.. they ARE IN IT...
    Sharps made money? Lucky bastards who were on USA made money.

And I'm willing to bet points that USA will not top their group. Post up here if you want to take up the bet.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by kmarinouofm View Post
    just another sport that americans will take over eventually.. we took hockey from canada.. eventually soccer will be our thing too.. this team has come light years.. anyone that knows shit about soccer and broke down this game agrees with me..
    Not going to happen. The US plays a very simple style of soccer that places little demand on technique. I wouldn't exaggerate the progress. Pretty much still at the 1994 level. The US is in the group behind the top countries, and there is nothing in the play of the US to suggest they could break into the elite. That gap remains huge.

Glada Tartan
    Swedish brännboll-expert ;D
    Glada Tartan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I must say that I think you are wrong

First 1234