pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I'm surprised this story is still in the news today considering there were only white people involved in this shooting and no blacks?

Fake news media usually only covers race bait involved shootings!
    You are posting in the wrong thread. There is a thread already in The Saloon for conspiracy theories. It's called Trump vs Biden.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    So the solution is to start building elementary schools like maximum security prisons so no one can come in and should kids.

Do you know what is the cost of building a single maximum security prison? In the billions.

I'd say put a tax increase in everyone's tax bill to fund converting the elementary schools into secure maximum security prisons.

Maybe take NRA's non-profit status away and tax every dollar donated by them to politicians at a 75% tax rate to fund school security.

The funding has to come from those who propose these measures.
    This solution works until the security guards go rogue...

Mac4Lyfe

You are posting in the wrong thread. There is a thread already in The Saloon for conspiracy theories. It's called Trump vs Biden.
    Pretty soon, Jibbby will question whether this really happened, like his hero Candace Owens.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19593

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Go for them all.

Start with the manufacturer, then the suppliers, then the salesmen. The entire supply chain is responsible.

Why do we treat guns like candy in this country? Guns should be treated like controlled substances. Every gun should be tracked. Every gun should have to be inputted in a national database IMO. Why do we need a drivers license to drive a car but you don't need a gun license? This country is dumb when it comes to guns. The manufacturers are in the politicians pockets, so they sell you on the fear that you need more guns to feel safer, when it is exactly the opposite. If I just handed out guns on a playground, why would I think I just got safer? I am more at risk. You are at extreme risk by your neighbors owning guns. You may think you are safe but statistics show that you are more at risk.
    You need a license to drive a car but not own a gun because the Constitution grants you the right to bear arms but not drive a car.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    You need a license to drive a car but not own a gun because the Constitution grants you the right to bear arms but not drive a car.
    I fully understand but do you know how stupid that sounds??? The Constitution was written hundreds of years ago. Our forefathers NEVER imagined teenage boys could/would easily get weapons of mass destruction, rush into soft targets like elementary schools and shoot and kill dozens of small kids, destruction so bad, their bodies so deformed that their own parents cannot identify the bodies. Our forefathers are turning over in their graves to realize that an amendment they made so that this country could protect itself from foreign adversaries, now find that the real threat are the people living among us in our own communities.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14721

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Won't work, if one wants a gun bad enough, they'll get one.
    So many ways to get a gun, you can get a 'ghost gun' very easily.
    Shit, if one wants a gun so bad, one can make one.

Make it tougher for violent crime offenders to get out on bail might help.
    Training law force enforcement better might be another answer.

I have a few ideas, ban all guns isn't going to do it.

The old adage still rings true.
    "If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns"
    Thats flawed thinking Stevie....if only criminals break the law & good people dont....then why have any laws at all?

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57553

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Evil will always try to find a way. Just because you hypothetically make a gun to "control" guns, it doesn't stop it. Many drugs were deemed illegal for decades, and it never was stopped. Last time I checked, murder was illegal, but it didn't stop this kid from doing what he did. Where's the outrage at the people that were mowed down at the Christmas parade last year? Where's the movement to ban the sale of vehicles to people? Knife attacks? Why aren't we suing Walmart for selling a set of steak knives to someone? This runs so much deeper than the tool or instrument used to cause an attack.

How many times in the aftermath of one of these catastrophes did we look back and see the signs that led to this? The core of the problem is the heart of these individuals. When Dr. Pimple Popper gets rid of an cyst, she just doesn't drain the pus out. She gets rid of the entire sack that is causing the issue so the problem doesn't arise again. You can feel good about yourselves because you made a law, but that will not deter evil at it's core. It will still find a way. What is the true answer to the problem? It's truly hard to say, but the pus sack not the weapon used to orchestrate these events. It's just the pus. The sack is a much deeper rooted problem that needs to be removed.
    Well said KLC!

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11806

Anybody have any answers why JAPAN has less than 10 killings by guns a year!! Why is there no evil in Japan!! They have 126 million people and your saying nobody is EVIL in Japan!!

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14721

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Well said KLC!
    Its like you didnt even read the post above yours

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Well said KLC!
    Its not well said, nor well thought out.

The opiate endemic has all but been crushed in America. Sure, you still here about it because the "war against opiates" is heavily monetized, but their is no more endemic of opiate overdoses.

Why?

Because the supply was controlled and taken away.

The only reason there was ever opioid abuse at the levels we saw was because manufacturers pumped out the pills and doctors were running out of ink writing prescriptions. Thats been fixed.

Now even if you're in pain its hard to get a pain pill. Compare peak level overdoses to now and its almost non-existent now.

So we know if we hold gun manufacturers and sellers responsible, in time the supply will diminish.

Now will that lead to less gun deaths and school shootings???? We'll only know if we slash the production of guns and ammo.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave The Kraken 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3703

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    This solution works until the security guards go rogue...
    Or a member (s) of law enforcement go rogue.

No private citizen should own an assault weapon, such as an AK47, but every sane, legal aged adult sans felony record, that passes a background check should be able to own a firearm, like a pistol for instance to protect their home and property.

Just tighten up the requirements to own a firearm.
    For instance, the license must be renewed yearly, with results from a shooting range proving you can handle a gun.

Another thing, the court system needs to tighten up.
    Harsher bail for repeat offenders.
    Tougher sentences for crimes committed with guns.
    A lot of what goes on court is never entered into federal databases either.
    Believe me, there's a lot that goes on in the courts that never get documented properly.

I'm told the gang intelligence databases have more information on gang members than the Bureau of Firearms, Tobacco, Alcohol, and Explosives have in their databases.

The feds can't keep up with all the intel as it is, the IRS can't.
    The feds need to step it up in those areas too.

I'm not going to drift off into cybercrime, that's a different ball of wax to be saved for another day.

Banning guns is not the solution.
    Reeducating law enforcement is.
    I know this is a hot topic, but law enforcement needs to be educated on profiling.
    I'm not talking racial profiling, I'm talking profiling the types that are likely to commit these mass murders.
    I read there are four main factors that are a common thread, unstable mentally, revenge, and so forth.
    That's the type of intel that needs to get databased that I was alluding to before.

Defund the police idea turned out to be an epic failure.
    Once the MTA was forced to cut back on the transit police, BANG, subway crime rose to epic proportions.
    Don't argue with me, all the data is there, transit police decreased, crime increased. The facts don't lie.

Tighter security, mainland, at the border, and especially within 100 yards of schools.

I cringed yesterday when that ultra liberal from my state Chris Murphy cry "What are we doing"?

Hey Chris, your group was for defund the police, that failed and violence with knives and guns and weapons rose.
    Your group demanded police end 'stop and frisk' which was effective, bur you all cried violation of civil rights and what not.
    your group cried profiling is unfair, your group cried defund the police, put that money into the community and so forth.

Now the nation is riddled mass murder.

IT CAN'T WORK BOTH WAYS

Figure it out Senator Murphy from the great state of Connecticut, and tell me what you want.
    You want less cops and more money for the communities?
    You want criminals to walk down the street with a bulge in their waist band which police can't stop and frisk even though they'll tell you what that bulge is is a gun.

You want the authorities to profile in an effort to stop a mass murder, or is profiling a civil rights violation?

Stop blaming others, look in the mirror, woke time is over if you want this to ease of end all together.

Stop asking questions and blaming others.
    Look in the mirror and get busy.
    Budget a shit load more money to law enforcement and security.
    Worry about your precious communities and rose gardens for another day, now isn't the time.
    Woke time is over, deal with it, cancel culture this, and cancel yourself Senator Murphy.

If you liked my rant, just wait for my rave.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave stevenash 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    You think if there were cars and interstate highways in 1776 the driver's license requirement would have been put in the constitution?

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29814

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    Is this the same Steve Kerr who demanded police officers be removed from Oakland schools in 2020?

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Or even help with the oil/fuel crisis in our own homeland.

Funny how fast people forget what Trump tried to do during the Covid Pandemic.... didn't he try to make a huge purchase in oil barrel reserves when it was like $3.00 a barrel? And congress said no? All I remember... it was a ridiculous amount. In the millions.

What an ingenious idea..... when the barrel is $115.00 now.

Trump has genius ideas while on the shi##er..... than most President's at the round table.

American people are just plain stupid fukks.

good lord my sides hurt

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by SEAHAWKHARRY View Post
    You have no idea about Texas Mac.....Abbott is a rock star this wasn't his fault . Evil is evil....put armed guards in schools only way to slow this shit down
    a rock star to the dumbest of the dumb. His little stunt at the border has cost the state billions but i am pretty sure you know nothing about it

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by BOA12 View Post
    So you're a stupid fuk American? OK.
    I truly thought you were one of the bright posters here at SBR. Do us a favor and shut your mouth. You don't know sh##. You're like one of those internet warriors that gets all poetic and intellectual with responses. That's nonsense. Get out on the street and show me how tough you are guy. You'd be the first to turtle like a little bitch in a crisis.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by b1slickguy View Post

Is this the same Steve Kerr who demanded police officers be removed from Oakland schools in 2020?
    Great acting by Kerr. Um Kerr.... this was on BIDEN'S WATCH pal.... did you not vote for him? Fukk off.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20469

Quote Originally Posted by b1slickguy View Post
    https://www.breitbart.com/sports/202...urity-schools/

In June 2020, Kerr actually attended a rally in Oakland, California, to have police officers barred from acting as security personnel in the Oakland Unified School District.

In fact, unlike what he said during his rant about the Senate, during the 2020 school rally, Kerr told folks not to rely on politicians for solutions.

“I’ve learned that the answers lie within the communities themselves. They don’t lie in a politicians office,” Kerr bellowed at the time. “I’ve learned we need to listen to the people who are in the communities, that’s why I’m here today because I want to support all of you.”
    Points Awarded:

b1slickguy gave VeggieDog 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

BOA12
    BOA12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2053

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I truly thought you were one of the bright posters here at SBR. Do us a favor and shut your mouth. You don't know sh##. You're like one of those internet warriors that gets all poetic and intellectual with responses. That's nonsense. Get out on the street and show me how tough you are guy. You'd be the first to turtle like a little bitch in a crisis.
    Let me know where your at tough guy. I'll run my fist down your throat. Do this Chicago street kid a favor if you want too tough guy. I'll put you on ignore tomorrow if you don't respond. Otherwise you shut the fuk up TMS. I don't give a fuk what you think.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    good lord my sides hurt
    I thought he was joking. Who will sell billions of oil to Trump for $3 a barrel when the break even point is $50 per barrel to cover costs?

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

You think if there were cars and interstate highways in 1776 the driver's license requirement would have been put in the constitution?
    don't have to go back that far
    my grandfather didn't have a license
    nobody did until after the war

i do not generally support gun control but assault weapons if allowed
    should not be sold to 17-18 year olds under any circumstances. even 21 is too young.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: chico2663

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    don't have to go back that far
    my grandfather didn't have a license
    nobody did until after the war

i do not generally support gun control but assault weapons if allowed
    should not be sold to 17-18 year olds under any circumstances. even 21 is too young.
    Agreed. Was just saying that the forefathers wouldn't have anticipated cars, machinery, assault weapons that can kill hundreds with a push of a trigger and all the other modern inventions that are now regulated for public safety when they originally wrote the first draft of the constitution.

An 18 year old in 1776 was considered a middle aged man when few people made it past 50 due to disease and wars.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

The callous, insensitive nature of Biden and O'Rourke floored me. They're two notches below ambulance-chasing attorneys.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

The callous, insensitive nature of Biden and O'Rourke floored me. They're two notches below ambulance-chasing attorneys.
    Blatant grandstanding.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post

The opiate endemic has all but been crushed in America. Sure, you still here about it because the "war against opiates" is heavily monetized, but their is no more endemic of opiate overdoses.

Why?

The only reason there was ever opioid abuse at the levels we saw was because manufacturers pumped out the pills and doctors were running out of ink writing prescriptions. Thats been fixed.

Now even if you're in pain its hard to get a pain pill. Compare peak level overdoses to now and its almost non-existent now.

So we know if we hold gun manufacturers and sellers responsible, in time the supply will diminish.

Now will that lead to less gun deaths and school shootings???? We'll only know if we slash the production of guns and ammo.
    This should be required reading for 2nd amendment nuts. This all starts with gun manufacturers. There is no good reason for them to pump out all these guns into our communities. They are as responsible as are drug companies. There should be limits to how many guns they can make per year. It's outrageous that a child can get a gun easier then they can get a warm meal.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Or a member (s) of law enforcement go rogue.

No private citizen should own an assault weapon, such as an AK47, but every sane, legal aged adult sans felony record, that passes a background check should be able to own a firearm, like a pistol for instance to protect their home and property.

Just tighten up the requirements to own a firearm.
    For instance, the license must be renewed yearly, with results from a shooting range proving you can handle a gun.

Another thing, the court system needs to tighten up.
    Harsher bail for repeat offenders.
    Tougher sentences for crimes committed with guns.
    A lot of what goes on court is never entered into federal databases either.
    Believe me, there's a lot that goes on in the courts that never get documented properly.

I'm told the gang intelligence databases have more information on gang members than the Bureau of Firearms, Tobacco, Alcohol, and Explosives have in their databases.

The feds can't keep up with all the intel as it is, the IRS can't.
    The feds need to step it up in those areas too.

I'm not going to drift off into cybercrime, that's a different ball of wax to be saved for another day.

Banning guns is not the solution.
    Reeducating law enforcement is.
    I know this is a hot topic, but law enforcement needs to be educated on profiling.
    I'm not talking racial profiling, I'm talking profiling the types that are likely to commit these mass murders.
    I read there are four main factors that are a common thread, unstable mentally, revenge, and so forth.
    That's the type of intel that needs to get databased that I was alluding to before.

Defund the police idea turned out to be an epic failure.
    Once the MTA was forced to cut back on the transit police, BANG, subway crime rose to epic proportions.
    Don't argue with me, all the data is there, transit police decreased, crime increased. The facts don't lie.

Tighter security, mainland, at the border, and especially within 100 yards of schools.

I cringed yesterday when that ultra liberal from my state Chris Murphy cry "What are we doing"?

Hey Chris, your group was for defund the police, that failed and violence with knives and guns and weapons rose.
    Your group demanded police end 'stop and frisk' which was effective, bur you all cried violation of civil rights and what not.
    your group cried profiling is unfair, your group cried defund the police, put that money into the community and so forth.

Now the nation is riddled mass murder.

IT CAN'T WORK BOTH WAYS

Figure it out Senator Murphy from the great state of Connecticut, and tell me what you want.
    You want less cops and more money for the communities?
    You want criminals to walk down the street with a bulge in their waist band which police can't stop and frisk even though they'll tell you what that bulge is is a gun.

You want the authorities to profile in an effort to stop a mass murder, or is profiling a civil rights violation?

Stop blaming others, look in the mirror, woke time is over if you want this to ease of end all together.

Stop asking questions and blaming others.
    Look in the mirror and get busy.
    Budget a shit load more money to law enforcement and security.
    Worry about your precious communities and rose gardens for another day, now isn't the time.
    Woke time is over, deal with it, cancel culture this, and cancel yourself Senator Murphy.

If you liked my rant, just wait for my rave.
    These are excellent ideas. It's common sense. I think most people agree with the following that you said very clearly.

We have to work hard to make it difficult for the manufacturers to pump out these assault rifles like Pez dispensers.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

The Republicans already said they’re not budging there’s too much money involved which is sad

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by SEAHAWKHARRY View Post
    You have no idea about Texas Mac.....Abbott is a rock star this wasn't his fault . Evil is evil....put armed guards in schools only way to slow this shit down
    Harry - there was an armed guard in the school and guess what?? He did not engage the shooter. Sat right outside while he massacred young kids. 2 other officers entered the scene and were outgunned and were not able to put that freak down.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    The Republicans already said they’re not budging there’s too much money involved which is sad
    We have to vote those bastards out of office. They push abortion laws to protect unborn babies but once you're born, they don't give a shit about you. Welfare, mental health programs, affordable housing, school free lunch, education assistance, etc., these same folks talking about a babies right to life do not give a shit about little 10 year old's right to life. Tired of the hypocrisy.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by BOA12 View Post
    Let me know where your at tough guy. I'll run my fist down your throat. Do this Chicago street kid a favor if you want too tough guy. I'll put you on ignore tomorrow if you don't respond. Otherwise you shut the fuk up TMS. I don't give a fuk what you think.
    Bro. You always respond to my posts.... you got issues. Chicago Street? lol Fukking little squirrel. Put me on ignore bitch.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57553

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post

Why?

Krak, the point I agree on KLC with is that this is just as much of a mental health issue as a gun control issue. Guys in that state of mind can easily get their hands on a gun. Identifying who might be a risk for such a callous act is another story, but this kid and the Buffalo shooter definitely had warning signs. Not an easy solution obviously.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Hey dip shit before they changed the law the kid couldn’t buy a gun.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave chico2663 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

Do you guys think Steve Kerr will get in politics

First ... 3456789 ... Last