gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    Jaker why Costa Rica for the family trip?
    Well it's not exactly the only trip we've been on this year, it's just one of the stops on the never ending gaucho family vacation. We love Costa Rica so when the opportunity presented itself, we decided to pull the trigger.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Update: Goatman texted us a pic here at SBR

Can now confirm Goatman is safely on his journey back to his way of "living like a King" in his hometown!

Great ending to this feel good story

Lmfao

Opie killing it in this thread.

Goatman
    Goatman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    LOL. Look at these 2 clowns making out after both being euthanized recently by the board for their brokedikkedness

Hey Philly....when you finally get home from your 7 layover, 42 hr trip back to Philly via your econo class Spirit Airlines seat...ship your new boyfriend a hundo to go Pro.
    I don't need to pay the hundo. I'm outside the U.S. so I just need to join a new book. Waiting for all the good NFL welcome bonuses to roll out so I can pick the best one.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Quote Originally Posted by Goatman View Post
    I don't need to pay the hundo. I'm outside the U.S. so I just need to join a new book. Waiting for all the good NFL welcome bonuses to roll out so I can pick the best one.

Goater we've all learned to ignore opie as he's a broken man. His team has won 1 playoff game in what, 15-20 years and his hair stylist just informed him she can no longer do his tips because of the grey in his hair. It's only a matter of time before his veneers fall out as well.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Well it's not exactly the only trip we've been on this year, it's just one of the stops on the never ending gaucho family vacation. We love Costa Rica so when the opportunity presented itself, we decided to pull the trigger.
    have you ever thought of adopting Jaker i am looking for a forever home

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Been waiting for a thread like this; it's been too long

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Received my P A Y P A L This morning! Thank you again SBR & especially Cynthia

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5453

I got mine yesterday Philly.

Thanks SBR.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Thought maybe you surf

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Received my P A Y P A L This morning! Thank you again SBR & especially Cynthia
    Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    I got mine yesterday Philly.

Thanks SBR.
    Reading things like this... Very impressive SBR

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

who cares

the fact is he won a free trip and wasn't paid so he made a thread

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Reading things like this... Very impressive SBR

Money honestly not sure why more of the forum guys didn't take advantage of this. There were no "time share" like presentations & quite frankly the touts that were there were really nice guys. I don't think one guy lost a pick the whole trip Though the big winner was our own PIMIKE who somehow was able to cash a $905 yankee / Indian winning ticket when the house limits were $250

The SBR team was amazing & put on a great show. Thank you all again

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    Thought maybe you surf
    More of a bodyboarder and body surfer these days but I will get on a longboard from time to time. I spend a lot of time around the beach so if I go somewhere it's usually not for the purpose of finding waves. I will definitely find a beach break when I am there though!

@Manny we are adopting. PM for details.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

guy won free airfare

had to pay and hope to get reimbursed isn't the same

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

More of a bodyboarder and body surfer these days but I will get on a longboard from time to time. I spend a lot of time around the beach so if I go somewhere it's usually not for the purpose of finding waves. I will definitely find a beach break when I am there though!

@Manny we are adopting. PM for details.

Jake when you going? Will be in Manzanillo in Oct

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    If I was abandoned in Mexico City with no money, I'd go to the nearest whorehouse and see what happens. Some nice girls there would be more than willing to help an American out I bet.
    So you would have a family reunion with your mom, sisters and cross dressing dad?

jose21_us
    The Miami Connection
    jose21_us's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11236

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    this is what happens when non pros are eligible for prizes
    Agree 100%

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    So you would have a family reunion with your mom, sisters and cross dressing dad?
    Oh, I thought he meant he would attempt to sell his body to men looking for sex. Didn't realize he has family in the industry.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Were invites "strongly urged" to attend the 5 hrs per day presentations from touts? Were invites offered tout's expert services for a fee? Sounds like...a timeshare presentation! No big deal, just don't lie about it for whatever reason (to make it seem like it was a free trip to paradise and those who didn't go were lesser than? IDK)

And of course the touts were friendly LOL.

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5453

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Were invites "strongly urged" to attend the 5 hrs per day presentations from touts? Were invites offered tout's expert services for a fee? Sounds like...a timeshare presentation! No big deal, just don't lie about it for whatever reason (to make it seem like it was a free trip to paradise and those who didn't go were lesser than? IDK)

I sat in 15 minutes of the first day and it was 125 degrees in the room. That was enough for me!

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Jake when you going? Will be in Manzanillo in Oct
    End of September for me. Have fun Philly

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Goatman call me

Goatman

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    guy won free airfare

had to pay and hope to get reimbursed isn't the same
    While that's true, Rudy, I knew the deal going in. Contrary to what some have insinuated, I prepaid $700.00 roundtrip upfront plus what I spent in CR and the $100.00 hotel hold on my debit card. SBR did pay me and the PayPal hold will be released tomorrow. I'm not dissatisfied in any way. Their payment timeline did change a few times, but the fact that it stressed me out in any way is on me for drunkenly leaving a credit card at a bar in Mexico. I totally appreciate you having my back, but at the same time I'm also appreciative to SBR for the gift and a great event. To those giving me a hard time for being a non-pro, that changes by next week.
    Last edited by Goatman; 08-11-17 at 12:43 AM.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11162

Years ago I went to an ATM in St Lucia to withdraw some cash and my card wouldn't work. So, I try my other credit card and it didn't work either. Come to find out the ATM was trashing CCs. So i'm stuck on an island with just cash. I made several calls to both banks and there was no way for them to send cards overseas and they would not wire money either. My sister ended up wiring me some more money but I quickly was on a budget the rest of the week, which was a pita as I brought over a hottie with me. I'm so paranoid these days that I carry 5 different cards when I go overseas and keep a couple in different spots just in case. I also send a line of credit authorization ahead of time just in case. Never again... Crypto's like BTC are good to have in a pinch as well.

Glad you got back home. So Cuarnevaca isn't the best city?

Goatman

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Years ago I went to an ATM in St Lucia to withdraw some cash and my card wouldn't work. So, I try my other credit card and it didn't work either. Come to find out the ATM was trashing CCs. So i'm stuck on an island with just cash. I made several calls to both banks and there was no way for them to send cards overseas and they would not wire money either. My sister ended up wiring me some more money but I quickly was on a budget the rest of the week, which was a pita as I brought over a hottie with me. I'm so paranoid these days that I carry 5 different cards when I go overseas and keep a couple in different spots just in case. I also send a line of credit authorization ahead of time just in case. Never again... Crypto's like BTC are good to have in a pinch as well.

Good advice, Mac. I did have crypto as always, but I don't yet have a BTC debit card and I don't think a BTC ATM was convenient. Pretty sure I checked. As far as Cuernavaca goes, I must plead ignorance. It's not a part of Mexico that I'm familiar with. Did someone else bring that up? I live in San Miguel de Allende.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post

And there it is...in all of Mac's stories he's with a hottie or celebrity/famous athlete

I was getting antsie when I didn't see a reference until over half way through

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

And there it is...in all of Mac's stories he's with a hottie or celebrity/famous athlete
    I was getting antsie when I didn't see a reference until over half way through
    Interesting footnote to this story:

that "hottie" that Mac brought over...was Scottie Pippen's ex wife.

And the guy that loaned Mac some cash to get by???? Michael Jordan!!

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Id say strongly urged is a bit of an over statement. I'd think it go w out saying that if SBR was offering a free trip, going to the conferences would be a given. At no point did a tout ask me to sign up for their service. I was told (though not confirmed) that they were able to bring clients along on the trip. I have no reason to lie about what occurred.

As for Mac's post about "hotties". I can' only speak for myself but it's much better reading than your Saturday night home cooked meals from mom post

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Tout presentation?

Lol. This is all starting to make a lot more sense to me now

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Sure it is brick

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Sure it is brick
    Don't get me wrong I'm still extremely confused.
    Points Awarded:

manny24 gave BrickJames 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Money honestly not sure why more of the forum guys didn't take advantage of this. There were no "time share" like presentations & quite frankly the touts that were there were really nice guys. I don't think one guy lost a pick the whole trip Though the big winner was our own PIMIKE who somehow was able to cash a $905 yankee / Indian winning ticket when the house limits were $250

The SBR team was amazing & put on a great show. Thank you all again

I think the last last minute planning had a lot to do with it. I know this is why I didn't go. I have too many things going on with work and kids to try to jump on a Costa Rica trip on a few weeks notice.

dlowilly

As for Mac's post about "hotties". I can' only speak for myself but it's much better reading than your Saturday night home cooked meals from mom post
    I know it's difficult for you to imagine but there are women out there that aren't your mom who will cook for you. You are probably amazed, but many men enjoy the company of women (who aren't their mom which you seem to have a weird fixation for) without meeting them in a hotel lobby and giving them cash.

dlowilly

Id say strongly urged is a bit of an over statement. I'd think it go w out saying that if SBR was offering a free trip, going to the conferences would be a given. At no point did a tout ask me to sign up for their service.
    I'm not going to look it up but i will if I have to. One of the mods stated if you didn't attend the conferences you would probably lose consideration for any more perks in the future. I think that fits the "strongly urged" category.

As far as touts not personally approaching you, I'm sure they are pretty adept at recognizing brokedik dry wells.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

First 1234567 ... Last