freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6513

Can JJ please call in a prank

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by Let's Go Rangers View Post
    Capt Janks retired didnt he?
    I thought so. That's the first I've heard in years.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

'We warned you not to fly in our sky': Boasts of Russian separatist as evidence emerges of Putin's forces launching missiles into Ukraine days before MH17 disaster

• Rebel commander tweeted about downing Ukrainian military plane
    • He said: 'We warned you - do not fly in our sky'
    • Chilling statement just before airliner downed over Ukraine-Russia border
    • As details about the Malaysia Airlines flight emerged, the tweet was deleted

Rebel commander Igor Strelkov - widely believed in Kiev to be a serving Russian military intelligence officer - tweeted a boastful message about shooting down a military plane shortly before Malaysian Airlines flight MH17 was downed.
    The tweet indicated his rebels had shot down an Antonov-26 military plane of the Ukrainian Air Force. The Antonov is a large transport plane of a type used by Ukraine's forces.

The message read: 'In the area Torez we just hit down An-26, it's lying somewhere in the mine "Progress".
    'We warned you- do not fly in "our sky". And here is the video confirmation of the "bird dropping".
    'Bird fell fell near the mine, the residential sector was not disturbed. Civilians are not injured.'

Later as the horror became clear, the tweet was deleted. Separatist forces have blown at least three Ukrainian military planes out of the sky in the past 48 hours.

Today, militia from the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) brought down a military transport Antonov-26 (An-26) plane of the Ukrainian Air Force on the outskirts of the town of Torez, eyewitnesses said.

A missile hit the An-26, it fell on the ground and caught blaze, they said.
    Earlier, pro-Russia rebels claimed responsibility for surface-to-air missile strikes on two Ukrainian Sukhoi-25 jets yesterday.

The Ukrainian Defense Ministry said the second jet was hit by a portable surface-to-air missile adding that the pilot was unscathed and managed to land his plane safely.

The news comes as footage that some claim proves Russia has launched military attacks on Ukraine from its own territory emerged today.

The images allegedly show an attack by a truck-mounted 'Grad' 122 mm multiple rocket launcher from close to Gukovo in Russia's Rostov region across the frontier into neighbouring Ukraine.
    Kiev has been making increasingly strong complaints that Moscow is mounting attacks from its own territory as well as supporting insurgents with weapons and reinforcements.
    Moscow has denied such accusations.

The head of organization 'Civil Initiative' Dmitry Snegirev claimed today that this footage - from late on 16 July - shows strikes from Gukovo onto Krasnodonsk district in the Lugansk region of Ukraine.
    He claimed locals had provided the information about the 'Grad' strikes.

Ukrainian journalist Roman Bochkala wrote on Facebook: 'Here is direct evidence of shelling of Ukraine with "Grad" from the territory of the Russian Federation. Two units are firing in the village Gukovo, Rostov region.'
    Claiming it was not the first such strike, he posted a map showing where the alleged attack originated.
    One horrific account of the crash said bodies had fallen out of the stricken plane over the village of Rassypnaya.
    More than a dozen corpses of people who appeared to be of Asian descent, some naked, were strewn around the village, said Aleks Noit, who has relatives living nearby.
    'Wreckage and bodies fell on the private houses in the village and near the hospital. People in uniform collected the corpses.'
    Among the possessions were passports of the victims, which were quickly copied onto the social media.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz37kxVghzw

shari91

BREAKING: Ukrainian security chief accuses two Russian intelligence officers of involvement in crash based on phone intercepts for proof

BREAKING: U.S. aviation authorities say American air carriers have voluntarily agreed to avoid airspace near Russia-Ukraine border

BREAKING: Eurocontrol says Eastern Ukraine airspace closed

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

This happened before in Ukraine about 13 years ago:

Siberia Airlines Flight 1812

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Occurrence summary
    Date 4 October 2001
    Summary Shot down by a missile
    Site Black Sea
    Passengers 66
    Crew 12
    Fatalities 78 (all)
    Aircraft type Tupolev Tu-154M
    Operator Siberia Airlines
    Registration RA-85693
    Flight origin Ben Gurion Int'l Airport
    Tel Aviv, Israel
    Destination Novosibirsk Tolmachevo Airport
    Novosibirsk, Russia
    Siberia Airlines Flight 1812 crashed over the Black Sea on 4 October 2001, en route from Tel Aviv, Israel to Novosibirsk, Russia. The plane, a Soviet-made Tupolev Tu-154, carried an estimated 66 passengers and 12 crew members. Most of the passengers were Israelis visiting relatives in Russia. No one on board survived. The crash site is some 190 km west-southwest of the Black Sea resort of Sochi and 140 km north of the Turkishcoastal town of Fatsa and 350 km east-southeast of Feodosiya, Ukraine. Ukraine admitted that the disaster was probably caused by an errant missile fired by its armed forces.[1]

Let's Go Rangers
    A moderate voice in the polarized forum
    Let's Go Rangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    I thought so. That's the first I've heard in years.
    Just recently he said he was gay and officially retiring.

Speculation is he was pranking Howard with his out of closet announcement ( which he did live in studio 69 )

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Just recently he said he was gay and officially retiring.

Speculation is he was pranking Howard with his out of closet announcement ( which he did live in studio 69 )
    Didn't he work at a gas station in Philly?

shari91

Ah it makes sense why that Google translation I did was referring to "beech". I was like how the f am I supposed to understand this?!

From ABCNewsAU:

Reports have suggested pro-Russian separatists shot down the jet with a Buk surface-to-air missile.

The Buk - which means beech tree in Russia - is a 1970s vintage, truck-mounted, radar-guided missile system, codenamed SA-11 Gadfly by Cold War NATO adversaries.

It fires a 5.7-metre, 55kg missile up to 28 kilometres

Armed separatists were hindering search efforts at the crash site, the head of Ukraine's emergency services said.

"The search work is difficult because we are talking about a big radius ... but also because armed terrorists who are on the spot are hampering things," Serhiy Bochkovsky told journalists

Ukraine's president Petro Poroshenko has called for an international investigation into the air disaster.
    "I just concluded a conversation with the prime minister of the Netherlands. I offered our condolences and on behalf of Ukraine invited Dutch experts to take part in an open investigation into this act of terrorism.

I would like to draw your attention to the fact that we are not calling it an accident, but an act of terrorism."

BREAKING: In a statement, Eurocontrol - the European organisation for the safety of air navigation - says MH17 was flying in open airspace, but about 1,000 feet above a closed section of airspace.

According to our information, the aircraft was flying at Flight Level 330 (approximately 10,000 metres/33,000 feet) when it disappeared from the radar.

This route had been closed by the Ukrainian authorities from ground to flight level 320 but was open at the level at which the aircraft was flying.
    Last edited by shari91; 07-17-14 at 03:12 PM.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

It looks like everyone is now blaming each other.

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    This is stupid. You can't see the colors of a jet flying 500 mph at 33,000 ft from the ground.

This is how a jet looks like from the ground:

Its not. Dont you think rebels have binoculars or even more powerful sights? I mean, you can identify planes with cheap consumer binocs... its really not that ridiculous...

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by Boner_18 View Post
    Its not. Dont you think rebels have binoculars or even more powerful sights? I mean, you can identify planes with cheap consumer binocs... its really not that ridiculous...
    Go get some binoculars and try to track a jet flying 500 mph at 33,000 ft.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post

"blast of air from Stern's ass'....followed by "so you saw it, can you tell us more from your military training?"

That's MSNBC for ya folks.

Let's Go Rangers

BUK missiles have optical sights

Let's Go Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    "blast of air from Stern's ass'....followed by "so you saw it, can you tell us more from your military training?"

That's MSNBC for ya folks.
    They found a liberal gal that doesnt look like a man....
    You can't expect her to be smart

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

BUK missiles have optical sights
    Why will they use optical sights to shoot down a Malaysian airliner? "Hey dude look what I found on my optical sights? A Malaysian Airlines jet. I wonder what will happen if I press this red button that says LAUNCH?"

Boner_18
    Update your status

Wow you are serious. Whelp I guess I cant help you... 500mph is really fast and 33000ft is really far. I guess identifying an object is ridiculous.

shari91

Yusuf ‏@YusufDFI Picture of the Buk SAM flaunted by seperatists before it was hurriedly taken off.Not b4 a screenshot was taken

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

They found a liberal gal that doesnt look like a man....
    You can't expect her to be smart
    Considering she's a failed congressional candidate who goes on to mock Romney for losing his race all the time, followed by Al Sharpton's show where he can barely read a coherent sentence....I'd say the prank caller is probably the most credible person on the network

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

c'mon pal, stop it. you telling me it's easier to hit a plane with a missile than to track it down with a binocular?

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

The MSNBC anchor who got owned....her name is actually Krystal Ball....how did that name not see that coming?
    Points Awarded:

shari91 gave itchypickle 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by Boner_18 View Post
    Wow you are serious. Whelp I guess I cant help you... 500mph is really fast and 33000ft is really far. I guess identifying an object is ridiculous.

Can you see that horse going 50 mph at 8 furlongs?

Yes I do!

Boner_18
    Update your status

http://aviation.stackexchange.com/qu...ewing-aircraft

For anyone who wants to reasonably know how easy it is to id flying aircraft.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    The MSNBC anchor who got owned....her name is actually Krystal Ball....how did that name not see that coming?

Boner_18
    Update your status

Distance makes it EASIER to track moving through a field of view! Science is amazing!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    c'mon pal, stop it. you telling me it's easier to hit a plane with a missile than to track it down with a binocular?
    You can't the the letters on a commercial jet from the ground using the binoculars you take to the racetrack.

shari91

Nationalities confirmed so far with 47 yet unknown
    dutch : 154 dead
    Australians: 27 dead
    Indonesian: 11 dead
    Malaysian: 23 dead
    Americans: 6 dead
    Germans : 4 dead
    Filipinos : 3 dead
    Canadian : 1 dead
    French: 4 dead

RIP. People going on or coming home from holidays and look wtf happens. Sickening.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

pavy just stop it. you think they blindly shoot down planes just for fun? they exactly knew what they were shooting down.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

pavy just stop it. you think they blindly shoot down planes just for fun? they exactly knew what they were shooting down.
    Huh? Quit drinking.

I only said you can't use $30 binoculars to see the letters of a plane flying 500 mph at 33,000 ft from the ground.

Everything else is your words. Put the bottle down.

Boner_18
    Update your status

You can't the the letters on a commercial jet from the ground using the binoculars you take to the racetrack.
    Lololol.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

shari91

BREAKING: Malaysian PM Najib says downed aircraft did not make a distress call

BREAKING: Putin says airplane disaster would not have happened if Kiev had not renewed military operation against rebels in east Ukraine

BREAKING: Russia's Putin says Kiev bears responsibility for crash of passenger plane because it was brought down in Ukraine: RIA

A woman holding a sign that reads, "Putin is a murderer", lies down near flowers left by people to commemorate victims of the Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 plane crash, at the Dutch embassy in Kiev. REUTERS/Valentyn Ogirenko

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Huh? Quit drinking.

I only said you can't use $30 binoculars to see the letters of a plane flying 500 mph at 33,000 ft from the ground.

Everything else is your words. Put the bottle down.
    wtf are you talking about you fukking crackhead? we're talking about the people that shot the plane down. not some degenerate in the racetracks. fukking clown!!!!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

You can buy these at $7,000 a piece. That will do it!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

wtf are you talking about you fukking crackhead? we're talking about the people that shot the plane down. not some degenerate in the racetracks. fukking clown!!!!
    You are a fukking clown. Read my posts again.

shari91

I think in this case they did blindly shoot down a plane. Look at all the others that were in the area but had the luxury of turning back after this one went down. If they had wanted to shoot down this plane why are they scrubbing their social media accounts and not claiming it? They've happily claimed everything else they've done. They fukked up by hitting a commercial airliner. I struggle to see why they'd target one specifically over another. Especially one filled with Euros, Aussies and North Americans. That's not going to help anyone out no matter what side they're on.

First 1234567 ... Last